Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Why is there no reload speed mod for AW guns? Or is there and I've simply never seen it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Hobold posted:

Why is there no reload speed mod for AW guns? Or is there and I've simply never seen it.

They don't use a mag - they just have a set ammo capacity (which can be increased via mods) that slowly regens if you stop shooting.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

god how i hate lephantis sorties.

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

Hobold posted:

This is probably my biggest complaint against Archwing mission. Affinity/Vacuum range is unbelievably small relative to the area you're playing in.

After that, most of the guns are rear end. Fluctus broke archwing for me, and I refuse to use anything else.

I'm sure some people already know this, but if you're leveling AW stuff, just stick to Salacia, Neptune. It's mobile D, so everyone is nice and close by, and affinity share is good, the levels are pretty high (it can be dangerous, but there's usually one guy with a fluctus or something to carry with), so the XP is good, and the defense areas are fairly contained, so getting any drops that show up isn't that difficult. It doesn't make AW great, but it does remove some of the headache.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Hobold posted:

There's one that speeds up the rate your clip regenerates.

E: Shell Rush increases ammo regen rate, and magazine extension increases the mag size.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 15, 2018

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

E: Shell Rush increases ammo regen rate

Does it actually? I did some googling and apparently Shell Rush only affects the charge time on the Corvus and Veloctius. Supposedly it used to help with ammo regen, and Automatic Trigger affected both fire rate and charge time, but now Automatic Trigger is only fire rate and Shell Rush is only charge time.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Someone was nice and gave me a pair of greater focus lenses, thanks mister goon, now I can grind The New Thing.

I thought archwing was kinda neat but floaty until I got to the Uranus missions which were mostly fine once you figure out that all you need to do is follow the big yellow cables from one place to another.

Pursuit missions can just go and get chucked into a woodchipper though.

E: On the other hand, serving Yudkowsky's Satan apparently pays well in endo, there's probably a thousand better ways to grind it, though.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 15, 2018

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

FileNotFound posted:

Grattler is actually quite good - if you mod it and there is definitely AOE associated with it.

The biggest issue with it is that it runs out of ammo too drat quickly.

Actually it's an archwing gun so it sucks poo poo sorry

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

S.J. posted:

Actually it's an archwing gun so it sucks poo poo sorry

I mean - archwing hate aside - it's widely considered one of the best Archwing guns along with Velocitus and Fluctus.

If you think the Grattler is bad - wait till you get the Corvas.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
The Dual Decurion is the saddest weapon. Like I think you would be better off dual wielding the Mk1 Furis

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I've said this before but I think the best general purpose AW weapon is the Imperator Vandal. It's got a hidden 50% rof boost the stats don't show you and because it's hitscan despite what the tracers might suggest to you. Combine that with relatively high accuracy, good ammo capacity, and a crit mod so you get them sometimes and you can just hold LMB and be done with it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

ClonedPickle posted:

Does it actually? I did some googling and apparently Shell Rush only affects the charge time on the Corvus and Veloctius. Supposedly it used to help with ammo regen, and Automatic Trigger affected both fire rate and charge time, but now Automatic Trigger is only fire rate and Shell Rush is only charge time.
It says on the mod that's what it's supposed to do. If there's a bug, that's a whole other issue.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Psion posted:

I've said this before but I think the best general purpose AW weapon is the Imperator Vandal. It's got a hidden 50% rof boost the stats don't show you and because it's hitscan despite what the tracers might suggest to you. Combine that with relatively high accuracy, good ammo capacity, and a crit mod so you get them sometimes and you can just hold LMB and be done with it.

Don't doubt it - but I sure don't want to grind for it.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Well, got hammered last night and ended up springing for Nyx and Rhino Prime. Stoked to smash fools tonight. :black101:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Good thematically appropriate secondaries for Nidus? I have Mutalist Cernos as primary and Mios as melee (props for the recommendation by the way, it's a goddamn beast).

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the pox throwing weapon is basically the ultimate in 'i want to blanket this area in choking spores that inflict 4 statuses at once'

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

FileNotFound posted:

Don't doubt it - but I sure don't want to grind for it.

I hear you. They raised the drop rate for the reciever from 2% to 10% so it's not as garbage as it used to be but that's still not great odds. And at least fomorian is at least less bullshit to grind than razorback. Or at least faster. just fly in, shoot the thing, leave.

so i dunno, maybe you'll get lucky next time you do it for a potato! positive thoughts.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

wid posted:

They had to resort to shrinking the size of our avatars to make the map "bigger". But when they're working on making the map bigger, they got the idea for a large open world map instead.

I found this out when my game bugged out during a transition at the Kuva Fortress part of War Within so I was flying around inside as a tiny little man.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

they should do plains of eidolon but its all in space and konzu wearing one of those bubble cosmonaut helmets barks at you about lunch as you go on your AW to objective B which is 3000m away

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Hobold posted:

This is probably my biggest complaint against Archwing mission. Affinity/Vacuum range is unbelievably small relative to the area you're playing in.

After that, most of the guns are rear end. Fluctus broke archwing for me, and I refuse to use anything else.

I just need the barrel to get the fluctus, but it seems no one had Suda rep to trade it with me.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

There's one thing that really annoys me in the space AW missions (other than the space stealth mission in the war within) and it's the fact that the aiming is still done like it is in regular gravity with a dead spot at the top and at the bottom than also fouls up high angle shots, in a place with no referential of up and down to compensate with.

Also it wasted a number of perfectly good shots I had.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Sephyr posted:

I just need the barrel to get the fluctus, but it seems no one had Suda rep to trade it with me.

Use trade chat, it may take a bit but you will for sure be able to get someone to trade rep for rep there.

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010
Well, tried to farm for Axi S3s for an hour with no love, but Stalker did finally drop Hate for me, so swings and roundabouts?

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

SIGSEGV posted:

There's one thing that really annoys me in the space AW missions (other than the space stealth mission in the war within) and it's the fact that the aiming is still done like it is in regular gravity with a dead spot at the top and at the bottom than also fouls up high angle shots, in a place with no referential of up and down to compensate with.

The "experimental controls" fix this at the expense of a fixed orientation. If you don't mind constantly rolling out of the standard plane everyone else is on, it's pretty nice for open maps. Totally unusable on tight maps, though.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

SIGSEGV posted:

I changed my AW controls back to the style, I think it's the 'experimental' one. It doesn't have a hard up and down so it gets around the problem you just listed. The downside to this, of course, is you can end up doing all the corpus ship missions upside down, sideways, or far more likely, with no good sense of direction at all. I get why most people changed away from these settings but I actively like the confusingly open movement controls.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

FileNotFound posted:

I mean - archwing hate aside - it's widely considered one of the best Archwing guns along with Velocitus and Fluctus.

If you think the Grattler is bad - wait till you get the Corvas.

jokes on you i'll never build that poo poo

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sortie 3 Vs lephantis with elemental resist.

Reward: 1 Forma.

:shepicide:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Av027 posted:

I'm sure some people already know this, but if you're leveling AW stuff, just stick to Salacia, Neptune. It's mobile D, so everyone is nice and close by, and affinity share is good, the levels are pretty high (it can be dangerous, but there's usually one guy with a fluctus or something to carry with), so the XP is good, and the defense areas are fairly contained, so getting any drops that show up isn't that difficult. It doesn't make AW great, but it does remove some of the headache.

Tallgeese was running 4x corpro groups for that and the leveling was incredibly fast.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I bit the bullet and finally dropped plat on Mesa - holy crap, no wonder she's so hard to unlock normally, her 4 absolutely feels like cheating. Anything you so much as GLIMPSE on the map dies instantly, and if your COF gets a little small just recast it, no biggie. Also, if you look closely at her Regulators, you'll notice they are literally built around her index fingers - they're finger guns!

I've also finally finished building Chroma, but I haven't experimented with him much - Can someone explain how the best build him for Eidolon hunting? I've heard the Lanka is the preferred gun when it comes to popping dolon joints, but I've got a decent Riven for my Vectis so I'd like to use that instead. How should I mod it and chroma for the hunt?

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 16, 2018

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Limbo more like Limbowns.

press 2, press 4. kill with zero threat to you and the whole team.

Also look radical while you do it.

:c00lbert:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ugh this enemy is hanging around outside my rift bubble. I'm going to step outside to kill it.

*you have 2 revives remaining*

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

is there any reason to keep my nova when I have a zephyr?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

yes? Slowva/speedva builds are extremely useful in quite a few pieces of content, nova's not just for wormhole teleporting.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

nova is like a top tier frame so uhhhhh please do not do that

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Uh.

Nova and Zephyr have two vastly different playstyles?

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Also Nova p has been vaulted for a long rear end time, so she's pricey

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

AW is good and cool fight me

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

archwing is pretty alright if/when you get gear that isn't just the starter poo poo. it could absolutely use some love, no doubt, but it's not intrinsically super awful. i don't think anyone would defend the underwater content, though, because no one in their right mind would think 'okay let's take archwing and slow it down by like 90% while sticking it in annoying cave tunnels'

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
tallgeese is good and cool fight me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It says on the mod that's what it's supposed to do. If there's a bug, that's a whole other issue.

quote:

Shell Rush is a mod that increases the charge rate of certain Archwing guns, particularly the Corvas and the Velocitus.

quote:

Although this mod can be equipped on any Archwing gun, it only has a visible effect on the Corvas and the Velocitus.

Even an admin on the wiki, posted in the comments, that its not for reload speed. Just charging shots.