Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Kunster posted:

Also our population is old as poo poo, so PNR nonsense only seems to work with youngsters. However if occasional facebook visits are to be believed, they might get a somewhat worrysome surge on a future election.

It's hard to gauge PNR "success" as their entire existence is confined to facebook, and sapo comments. No mainstream media outlet is going to give them a platform, and no established party is ever going to engage with them. They poll worse than the Maiost party, and those guys poll 1% of the vote these days.

In Portugal TV Clown does politics doesn't work all that well, so PNR won't be able to find someone to boost their brand by just being on TV. In here you have to be an elected politician before becoming a TV clown, and no politician is going to join a party that won't get any of that sweet state money.

Italy was a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
can't wait for italy to have an epidemic and loads of kids to die because they might get autism instead lol

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

think of italy as the idiotic parts of california put into a whole country

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Electronico6 posted:

Our Right is very old-fashioned to go about supporting Trumpism, and also to coward to break ranks with establishment neo-liberal EU doctrine so no UKIP poo poo either. As such PSD/CDS get to retain that "reasonable conservative" image. They also always tend to vote robots for leaders, with the exceptions of Paulo Portas and good old Zé Manel Barroso.

I think is in part due to the supermarket manager brand of fascism we had.

So what youre saying is that when they dont elect robots,they elect amoral psycopaths?

Also lol at the whole left bloc bullshit, robles should have immediatly resigned, the only good thing is that now a lot of people know how insane real estate speculation is. Btw this is a major blind spot in BE, because they are the bourgeoise marxists. They dont have a efective retort to "you're hard left, yet you still participate in capitalism?!" because they atr middle class idiots who want to reform capitalism instead of murdering it.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

So what youre saying is that when they dont elect robots,they elect amoral psycopaths?

Also lol at the whole left bloc bullshit, robles should have immediatly resigned, the only good thing is that now a lot of people know how insane real estate speculation is. Btw this is a major blind spot in BE, because they are the bourgeoise marxists. They dont have a efective retort to "you're hard left, yet you still participate in capitalism?!" because they atr middle class idiots who want to reform capitalism instead of murdering it.

They all pyschos, but some of them are willing to go around the presidency to participate in major war crimes and jump ship for better jobs the second things get hot.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao

https://twitter.com/AlbertoNardelli/status/1029049179073601538

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

god drat the Saudis loving own everybody's rear end

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
The EU is conducting a poll about abolishing summertime, and it's going on for the next few days

https://ec.europa.eu/info/consultations/2018-summertime-arrangements_en

Join me in the endless winter that is the future of Europe

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Jose posted:

can't wait for italy to have an epidemic and loads of kids to die because they might get autism instead lol

autismo

twoday
May 4, 2005

:angryitalianchef:

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

twoday posted:

that picture behind the text owns and deserves to be posted separately

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

get that OUT of my face posted:

that picture behind the text owns and deserves to be posted separately

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

twoday posted:

vaccini fettucini?? no bene!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

:discourse:

lmao at the text covering up the "ZION" patch

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Lol of course its a Dees

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

twoday posted:

A Dees image is a very, very odd choice, and "Svegliamoci dal torpore!" while a perfectly grammatically correct sentence, sounds quite "off". This is almost certainly foreign propaganda

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

hackbunny posted:

A Dees image is a very, very odd choice, and "Svegliamoci dal torpore!" while a perfectly grammatically correct sentence, sounds quite "off". This is almost certainly foreign propaganda
what does the government care, they make Trump look like a hawk on Russia

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

Byolante posted:

Now that the Germans own the EU wholesale they have no reason to pretend they aren't using it to create a 4th reich

Do you really think so?

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Do you really think so?

Yeah he does

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Do you really think so?

If you think it's not the case go ahead and answer why as soon as Germany got hold of hr and Secretary General they removed term limits on the unelected posts.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Uhh... Are you referring to the time when Georg Kahn-Ackerman of West Germany was appointed to the position of Secretary General of the Council of the EU between 1974 and 1979???

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

twoday posted:

Uhh... Are you referring to the time when Georg Kahn-Ackerman of West Germany was appointed to the position of Secretary General of the Council of the EU between 1974 and 1979???

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.spectator.co.uk/2018/03/a-very-eu-coup-martin-selmayrs-astonishing-power-grab/amp/

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Something I've noticed with hard Brexit people, they never argue their points, they just link some weird blog no one's ever heard of that uses unproven premises to reach vague conclusions, because they're all actually idiots with ideology bugbear about foreigners and sovereignty.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Coohoolin posted:

Something I've noticed with hard Brexit people, they never argue their points, they just link some weird blog no one's ever heard of that uses unproven premises to reach vague conclusions, because they're all actually idiots with ideology bugbear about foreigners and sovereignty.

The Spectator: Some weird blog

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The spectator is a fascist magazine lol

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
How you get to the point where you're unironically using the spectator to back up points and still call yourself a leftist, I have no idea.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
Something I've noticed with pro-EU people, they never argue their points, they just make vague strawmen and ad-hominem attacks, because they've all swallowed the neoliberal propaganda hook, line and sinker.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

"i'm a leftist" says person using this for evidence

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Often Abbreviated posted:

Something I've noticed with pro-EU people, they never argue their points, they just make vague strawmen and ad-hominem attacks, because they've all swallowed the neoliberal propaganda hook, line and sinker.

I tend to enjoy EU benefits when traveling south to the main continent.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
Yeah it's a great system if you're a rich British liberal, you can go poverty touring the failstates so easily. Absolute garbage for the people in those states of course, trapped in endless cycles of insane austerity fuelling growing radicalism, but who gives a hot gay gently caress about them.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Yeah it's a great system if you're a rich British liberal, you can go poverty touring the failstates so easily. Absolute garbage for the people in those states of course, trapped in endless cycles of insane austerity fuelling growing radicalism, but who gives a hot gay gently caress about them.

Idk whats going on but this post is embarassing.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

I'm not rich, British, or liberal. I like not getting passport checked when I travel the continent. The Euro is a bit of a disaster and we should probably just abolish cash and only accept cards.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

im fairly sure working class people also go on holiday to europe a lot, dont quote me though

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Dirk Pitt posted:

I'm not rich, British, or liberal. I like not getting passport checked when I travel the continent. The Euro is a bit of a disaster and we should probably just abolish cash and only accept cards.

I'm sorry to have incorrectly accused you of being British, but I am afraid you are definitely a liberal. You think not having to spend five minutes getting your passport checked is worth throwing half the continent into poverty and when asked to consider this go off on a strange techno-fetishistic tangent about abolishing cash. That's A+ liberalism right there.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

You have lead poisoning. I don't mean this as an insult it's just a fact as you're a boomer. It would be a mercy to us all if you weren't alive

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Free movement goes both ways you moron.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Coohoolin posted:

Free movement goes both ways you moron.

You think that makes it better? That states like Lithuania have lost generations of young people who've had to relocate to do shitwork in the U.K because their home country has been so effectively choked of investment? You think that makes it good?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Forcing millions into crippling poverty in the uk due to hyper austerity to own the libs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

You think that makes it better? That states like Lithuania have lost generations of young people who've had to relocate to do shitwork in the U.K because their home country has been so effectively choked of investment? You think that makes it good?

Well either they're trapped or they're not you galaxy brain gently caress nugget

Also the vast majority of Lithuanians I know are uni graduates doing just as well as the locals, maybe you need to actually interact with Europeans you racist gently caress