Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did VG Close the Poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 1 100.00%
No 0 0%
Total: 1 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Eg is going to finish top 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

He is 100% right where he is pointing out where Ice's team is letting him down in all these fights

also lina's itemization was horrible. sumail on the other hand was on point

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Wooo EG 5-1 and Storm 4-0, strong start for the strongest dota playing region on planet earth. With minds like grand grant on our side though, who can be surprised?

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Majuju posted:

god i wish it was anyone else casting this game, swindlemelonzz righteous indignation is so hard to handle

i for one enjoy it don't @ me

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Any reason Winstrike v IG still showing at 0 games, stream D still with the interim splash? Was too busy watching A and B to catch what was going on.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
great day for all those punks out there

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://clips.twitch.tv/TacitAmazonianTardigradeMoreCowbell

pro click

shoutout mushi leaping in without activating bkb

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Super Rad posted:

Any reason Winstrike v IG still showing at 0 games, stream D still with the interim splash? Was too busy watching A and B to catch what was going on.

winstrike's up 1-0 after a push strat win, going for a drow strat game 2

Toes
Dec 6, 2011

Clods to the left of me,
Bookahs to the right.
Is there any elimination in the round robin? Or does everyone make main stage?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Toes posted:

Is there any elimination in the round robin? Or does everyone make main stage?

two teams go out

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/GranDGranT/status/1029944068355383296?s=19

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Where can I find the overall scores for today? It seems to me that China is going home?

Edit: Nevermind on finding the scores i'm an idiot and its right on the dota 2 website.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

mikeraskol posted:

Where can I find the overall scores for today? It seems to me that China is going home?

https://liquipedia.net/dota2/The_International/2018/Group_Stage

Newbee is doing well but yeah not great beyond that

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
i think the big story of day 1 is: LGD looking this weak, serenity taking a game off VP and secret and NA dota at the top in both groups

Like LGD dropped games to OG and VGJ Thunder today, lmao

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Results today. WK was the most picked hero.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Has this dude on IG never played necro before

Toes
Dec 6, 2011

Clods to the left of me,
Bookahs to the right.
Oh, no panel?

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

There’s one dude somewhere out there who has been spamming WK in 2k bracket and is like I CALLED THE WK META I PREDICTED IT

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toes posted:

Oh, no panel?

They don't do a panel until the main event

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Also I just wanna say, that was some good as hell dota today my dudes

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I made this image back in April, WK should have been seen coming a mile away

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
There is a Hassan atop each group. Reflect on that tonight.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The dota was excellent today for sure. The meta is certainly some poo poo right now and we'll see how it ends up once we get to the main stage.

Some observations: So much clinkz, wraith king, tiny, CM and Vengeful Spirit. Like when EG picked clinkz I thought, classic EG pick and thought they would lose until suddenly Fnatic also picked it in their first series as well (and then everyone else did). Offlane Wraith King is officially a thing, I knew this hero was strong and skeletons were underrated but drat I didn't think everyone was going to pick it.

People picking huskar and getting absolutely destroyed. The usual suspects are here like Liquid picking these cheese heroes like Brood, but Huskar was also picked by CHINA. What loving universe am I living in.

Speaking of China: IG picked Gyro/io and it was loving ridiculous. I think io needs to be loving banned now for most teams since that poo poo was borderline broken.

EU Dota is messy as gently caress. Liquid is up 4-2 in the group stage but it sure wasn't pretty. They are playing like old russian teams out there, just constantly throwing bodies at their opponents and forcing fights. Its exciting but also sloppy as hell. OG also took a game off LGD and almost took a game off Liquid but again in a very messy fashion. What is going on out there lmao. Like EG had a super sloppy first game against VGJ Thunder, but then these teams decided to be extra clowny.

Fnatic had a great start by actually winning games. Their first game against Liquid looked like a classic EE TI match, just throws all around. They cleaned it up though and demolished Liquid in game 2 and looked great against VGJ Thunder.

VGJ Storm is the real loving deal, and group B is going to get intense tomorrow. Serenity is definitely turning some heads.

All in all the 3 favorites of this tournament: VP, Liquid and PSG.LGD are being put on extreme notice right now, TI is a beast.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Man I'm excited to see how the TI meta shifts and solidifies in day 2 and 3

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Serenity managing to take games off Secret and VP was a welcome surprise. They probably won't do as well as TI5 CDEC or TI6 DC/Wings, but it'll be nice to see them pull off some upsets on the main stage.

None of the teams today looked particularly dominant, but NA Dota performed surprisingly well (except for Optic lol)

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Can’t blame optic for going 0-2 against vp honestly. Possible they will do fine on day 2. Makes it hard to pick them in fantasy tho

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

emdash posted:

Can’t blame optic for going 0-2 against vp honestly. Possible they will do fine on day 2. Makes it hard to pick them in fantasy tho

That's fair, but the game 1 was pretty close and came down to Optic making some really big mistakes. Game 2 was just a draft loss imo

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
wraith king was 7-13 on the day, it might be A Thing now but it's like cargo cult razor again where it feels like teams are just trying to do it without really knowing what actually makes it win. 35% win rate is pretty bad! see also tiny at 4-11.

my sleeper ti8 power hero is dark willow, absolutely absurd kit and powerful as all hell.

Majuju fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Aug 16, 2018

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Willow is batshit insanely strong

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Any specific games I should watch from day 1?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

i expect fewer WKs to be picked tomorrow. Everyone picked him and most people lost. Also tiny.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Andrast posted:

Any specific games I should watch from day 1?

The first match of the day. Liquid vs. Fanatic was really good and featured insane Miracle Spectre plays.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

That's fair, but the game 1 was pretty close and came down to Optic making some really big mistakes. Game 2 was just a draft loss imo

I feel like game 2 was closer to be honest. VP had spectre in game 1 so optic was on one hell of a timer, a timer they failed to beat. Game two was kind of the opposite, except VP managed to end the game in time.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

https://www.dotabuff.com/esports/leagues/9870-the-international-2018/heroes?date=week

Going by W-L differential rather than % since we have so few matches:

Losing heroes with a win-loss differential of 3 or more include WK (7-13), Tiny (4-11), NP (2-5), Pugna (1-6), Huskar/Bane/Rubick/MK (0-4), and Underlord (0-3)

4 of Pugna's losses were against Nyx, of which 1 was drafted after the enemy Nyx was already picked, and the other 3 had Nyx counterpicked immediately after Pugna's pick.

Winning heroes with a win-loss differential of 3 or more includes CM (11-5), Mirana (10-5), Willow (8-3), Phoenix (6-3), Enchantress (6-1), Nyx (6-1), Wyvern (5-2), Spectre (5-1), Invoker (5-1), TA (4-1), Drow (4-0), Undying (4-0),

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

wew just checked the results for the first time all year and it looks like my boy arteezy is going to win a TI?? is it happening???

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sphyre posted:

wew just checked the results for the first time all year and it looks like my boy arteezy is going to win a TI?? is it happening???

no

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Sphyre posted:

rtz will never win a TI

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
On the other hand S4 and Sumail are both very good at winning TIs and have been playing great so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Sumail has been winning in matchups he shouldn't be. Clinkz and Blood seeker both own alch but somehow he gets solo kills on these heroes.