Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
looks great yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
important note to self - cooking with wine on a monday leads to drinking wine on a monday

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

important note to self - cooking with wine on a monday leads to drinking wine on a monday

yo this is a feature op, jfyi

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

sampling the wine while u cook with it is the best

also the other day I tried drinking the “cooking” wine - the kind that isn’t sold in the wine aisle. it was pretty bad hth

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

prolly better than a glass full of bitters or uh, vanilla extract

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
pretty sure the cheapest wine beats out any "cooking wine" in .... anything. now stand back while I use o'douls in this stew.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

IIRC cooking wine and other cooking alcohols are very low quality that have salt added to them to make them less than palatable on their own. This way only food tax needs to be paid and no alcohol tax because it's a food product now.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
tamdhu is surprisingly good

if you like bourbon, then tamdhu is a scotch that you will like

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
spent the weekend going to breweries in asheville. hit the usual ones on the south slope downtown but also went to new belgium and sierra nevada, which are the fanciest by far, but sierra nevada is some next level poo poo. thats one of the nicest buildings ive ever been in

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
yeah if you live in a wine producing country an $8 bottle of wine is vastly better than cooking wine and will improve your food (probably even if you don't live in a wine country).

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

incels interlinked posted:

spent the weekend going to breweries in asheville. hit the usual ones on the south slope downtown but also went to new belgium and sierra nevada, which are the fanciest by far, but sierra nevada is some next level poo poo. thats one of the nicest buildings ive ever been in

do you live in asheville or are you just visiting?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Stringent posted:

do you live in asheville or are you just visiting?

was just in town for the weekend but i used to live about 2 hours away so ive been there at least 10 times before

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

incels interlinked posted:

was just in town for the weekend but i used to live about 2 hours away so ive been there at least 10 times before

i went to school around there in the late 90s and just went back a couple years ago. loving love asheville. had one of the best meals of my life at Cúrate.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
I realized that I'm really a basic creature at heart and I'll always return home to Lancaster Milk Stout when the chips are down.

I'll be real sad if they ever stop making this poo poo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

left hand and duckrabbit make better milk stouts imo, but lancaster's is still really good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i drab;k the alcohol tonite

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

my favorite thing about alcohol is the morning after binge drinking

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

fart simpson posted:

my favorite thing about alcohol is the morning after binge drinking

there is literally nothin better than drinking as soon as you wake up to get rid of the shame and headache from the previous night of drinking

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
$14.99 for a glass fifth of evan is a miracle of modern capitalism

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
i was thinking of taking a break from drinking because i keep on doing dumb poo poo after drinking lots of beer

also it takes me like 6+ strong beers to even feel anything

but its friday today :thunk:

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I realized that I'm really a basic creature at heart and I'll always return home to Lancaster Milk Stout when the chips are down.

I'll be real sad if they ever stop making this poo poo.

Pretty sure it's their best seller, have you had the double version?

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Endless Mike posted:

left hand and duckrabbit make better milk stouts imo, but lancaster's is still really good

Left Hand's is decent and unfortunately around here they only sell the lovely nitro version. Haven't had Duckrabbit's though, so I'll keep that in mind.

Radio Nowhere posted:

Pretty sure it's their best seller, have you had the double version?

I have, it's tasty but not regularly available here.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Left Hand's is decent and unfortunately around here they only sell the lovely nitro version. Haven't had Duckrabbit's though, so I'll keep that in mind.

I have, it's tasty but not regularly available here.

Left Hand's Milk Stout is good, you are correct that the Nitro version of same is really not.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
esteban is getting the sleepy needle today, and i'm pouring him a saucer of pappy van winkle in a few hours.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
:cry:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Beast of Bourbon posted:

esteban is getting the sleepy needle today, and i'm pouring him a saucer of pappy van winkle in a few hours.

Bourbon for a beast from beast of bourbon.

:(

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i'm so sorry :(. i still get worked up when i think about my doggo. it's been six months but i'll see something or have a dream and then i'm all hosed up. got drunk last night and stupidly looked through photos and was a wreck.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Beast of Bourbon posted:

sorry to hear, buddy. :(

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
rip a goode dogge

meantime it's whiskey sours and BBQ on a miserable night 🥃

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Chris Knight posted:

rip a goode dogge

meantime it's whiskey sours and BBQ on a miserable night 🥃
whiskeys sour

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
right sorry :canada:

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
follow up, esteban did not even lap at the straight whiskey, but did lap it up with an ice cube in it.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
adiós esteban

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
sorry about your pupper, BoB :(

im making wine at the moment because there are millions of berries around free for the picking. got two on the go, the crowberry one is going kinda slow but gently bubbling, the mushroom one is fermenting like crazy and smells like it could strip the paint off the walls

i'm excited but wine takes sooo long cos you need to age it. my gf wants to try making blueberry cider so we have something to drink in the meantime

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
i think there's a typo in your post, it looked like you said mushroom wine

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Stringent posted:

adiós esteban

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

i was thinking of taking a break from drinking because i keep on doing dumb poo poo after drinking lots of beer

also it takes me like 6+ strong beers to even feel anything

but its friday today :thunk:

im taking a break for a while because i keep getting fatter despite eating right and working out

it’s almost like all these high gravity beers have 300+ calories each

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Stringent posted:

adiós esteban

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Stringent posted:

i think there's a typo in your post, it looked like you said mushroom wine

i saw a video of a hairy guy with a very long beard living on a remote scottish island drinking mushroom wine in his caravan, and i thought if it's good enough for hermit dwarves then it's good enough for me

primary fermentation is going to be done in a day or two, once it's in the secondary im going looking for cloudberries and skrubbær to get another one going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
rest in peace big guy