Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Fauxtool posted:

Store bought juice isnt fresh

It tastes fine and I don't die when I drink it so like, whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

If you can’t tell the difference between fresh-squeezed juice and Tropicana you might actually have a medical issue.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Someone posted this one awhile ago, while its very weird and :yikes: at first, I mean... its kinda rad too if you read into it.

quote:

Karlee Esmailli here, the founder of Immigrant Father Studios. I'm an Iranian-American person, and I wrote a video game to express all my complex feelings towards America, the middle east, and my clitoris. I'm proud to present The Super Patriotic Dating Simulator.

The Super Patriotic Dating Simulator is a satirical visual novel. Play as Elodie, a 19-year-old CIA super spy. As one of America's most ruthless agents, you’ve been assigned a deadly solo mission: infiltrate and destroy I***.

Besides the whole “super spy” thing, you’re just a normal American girl… who’s really horny. Give these fuckers an American rear end-kicking, and maybe learn a bit about your body on the way. Just remember the #1 rule of the CIA: always ask for consent.

:shrug: you do you

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Subjunctive posted:

If you can’t tell the difference between fresh-squeezed juice and Tropicana you might actually have a medical issue.

Theres a difference between not being able to tell, and not caring enough to freshly squeeze your juice (or use a dumb gizmo to do it)

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

working mom posted:

Theres a difference between not being able to tell, and not caring enough to freshly squeeze your juice (or use a dumb gizmo to do it)

Yup. I can tell the difference but :effort:

Not going to buy an expensive kitchen gadget when to be honest most of the time I'd rather just eat the fruit in the first place.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yup. I can tell the difference but :effort:

Not going to buy an expensive kitchen gadget when to be honest most of the time I'd rather just eat the fruit in the first place.

who the gently caress has time to eat 12 times their daily vitamin c and sugar intake in oranges when i can just gulp it down

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

fresh juice is good, but it's gotta be one of the most uneconomical things you can make/buy. "Ooh yeah lemme just extract all the sugar from 4 oranges to get my $3 glass of homemade juice from my $200 juicer. Then I'll throw all the fiber and nutrients in the trash and piss out the extra 800% of my daily vitamin C."

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

veni veni veni posted:

fresh juice is good, but it's gotta be one of the most uneconomical things you can make/buy. "Ooh yeah lemme just extract all the sugar from 4 oranges to get my $3 glass of homemade juice from my $200 juicer. Then I'll throw all the fiber and nutrients in the trash and piss out the extra 800% of my daily vitamin C."

I think vegetable juice is great for the sheer amount of nutrients you can pack into a glass if you are getting over a minor illness. Doing it everyday gives you juicy death farts.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Fauxtool posted:

I think vegetable juice is great for the sheer amount of nutrients you can pack into a glass if you are getting over a minor illness. Doing it everyday gives you juicy death farts.

those nutrients aren't doing jack for you illness or not

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah totally the content and quality of food doesnt have any impact on health. Everyone should just eat this soy paste

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
That soy paste is doing nothing for you. I recommend soylent green.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

Athletic Footjob posted:

I recommend Soylent.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Elfgames posted:

those nutrients aren't doing jack for you illness or not

maybe not but the farts are pretty good

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Athletic Footjob posted:

It's everything the human body needs, because it's everything the human body is!

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Is it really that hard to use a $12 blender, then pour it through a strainer into your glass?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
i have to wonder how many of these one-button appliances are designed with the brutally hungover in mind.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

i have to wonder how many of these one-button appliances are designed with the brutally hungover in mind.

Seems appropriate, most of them you'd only order while under the influence of some substance or another.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I know a lot of things on shopping tv that look daft to the average person are designed for the elderly and infirm in mind but I'm 90% sure that these kickstartered things and the like aren't

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Araenna posted:

Is it really that hard to use a $12 blender, then pour it through a strainer into your glass?

Is that how you make your OJ? I’ve never even considered blending the orange segments and then squeezing the liquid out of the mush. It seems like it would be annoying to squeeze it all out, and probably need another vessel given the sizes involved.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

From the $5000 tier:

"This tier does NOT include a copy of The Super Patriotic Dating Simulator. If you want to buy the game, add an extra $15 to your pledge."

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Autechresaint posted:

From the $5000 tier:

"This tier does NOT include a copy of The Super Patriotic Dating Simulator. If you want to buy the game, add an extra $15 to your pledge."

Given the creator is attached to Cards against Humanity I assume this is meant to be some sort of piss-take on lovely reward tiers.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Araenna posted:

Or don't strain it. Just add ice and call it a smoothie. Still lets you chug your calories without the chore of chewing for yourself, but at least you're getting the fiber.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

DoctorTristan posted:

Given the creator is attached to Cards against Humanity I assume this is meant to be some sort of piss-take on lovely reward tiers.
I think Kickstarters (and dating sims) are beyond piss-taked at this point.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I like that they require people to pay more to NOT have their name in the credits. That's a nice touch.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Subjunctive posted:

Is that how you make your OJ? I’ve never even considered blending the orange segments and then squeezing the liquid out of the mush. It seems like it would be annoying to squeeze it all out, and probably need another vessel given the sizes involved.

I don't make OJ because I don't drink juice. I never liked juice much to begin with, and I had a gastric bypass so liquid fruit causes my blood sugar to plummet. I have done it with fruit before for cooking and stuff though. Just pour it through a strainer into a pitcher. Press the juice out of the bits with a spatula. I mean, it probably takes a bit longer than an 800 juicer, but not much. I'm not sure what you mean by another vessel though? Do you keep stuff in your blender in the fridge?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Araenna posted:

I don't make OJ because I don't drink juice. I never liked juice much to begin with, and I had a gastric bypass so liquid fruit causes my blood sugar to plummet. I have done it with fruit before for cooking and stuff though. Just pour it through a strainer into a pitcher. Press the juice out of the bits with a spatula. I mean, it probably takes a bit longer than an 800 juicer, but not much. I'm not sure what you mean by another vessel though? Do you keep stuff in your blender in the fridge?

Oh I meant a vessel the pitcher, vs just into a glass. I pretty much never need a whole pitcher of juice, it’s just a dessert-like treat.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If you're just making a glass then you can pour straight into it through the strainer.

I guess technically the blender jug will be another vessel that has juice in it at some point, but that's part of the blender more than a separate thing.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Jabor posted:

If you're just making a glass then you can pour straight into it through the strainer.

I guess technically the blender jug will be another vessel that has juice in it at some point, but that's part of the blender more than a separate thing.

With that much mulch in it I’m envisioning it spilling out over the sides of the glass, especially if you have to press it. Maybe with a little chinois!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
The people buying juicero et cetera literally believe in magical life forces that you can only get from taking fresh fruit, never preserving it, and you can't even put it in a blender or something because that also hurts the "life force". That is why these things insist on a pressing method which isnt particularly great for volume of juice or real quality of the juice.

They're performing magic rituals, not interested in drinking something pleasant.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fishmech posted:

The people buying juicero et cetera literally believe in magical life forces that you can only get from taking fresh fruit, never preserving it, and you can't even put it in a blender or something because that also hurts the "life force". That is why these things insist on a pressing method which isnt particularly great for volume of juice or real quality of the juice.

They're performing magic rituals, not interested in drinking something pleasant.

This is a pretty disingenuous dismissal. Only a small minority believe in the magic life force, as small a group as the average ratio of idiots in any group of people.

The whole point is to get it as raw as possible and they see heat as the enemy which make sense but also shouldnt matter in the tiny amounts they are talking about.

A hydraulic juice press made of metal does give huge yields considering you are left with dry pucks of pulp

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Subjunctive posted:

With that much mulch in it I’m envisioning it spilling out over the sides of the glass, especially if you have to press it. Maybe with a little chinois!

Use a smaller strainer.

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
There's also the group that believes that they NEED the highest level of professional product available, or they won't even bother. I know a handfull of people who say they want to get into some hobby like photography, but just haven't done it yet because they are holding out for some super specific extremely expensive camera, when they can just buy a cheap camera to start with that won't be some huge stupid dust collecting waste in six months when they get bored with pretending to be professional photographers. Then there are the people who may be genuinely interested in something but think they need some expensive equipment like the guy who just KNOWS he needs those fancy knives he saw to get better at cooking, when really practice would help more. It's really frustrating to deal with because people like that who think some thousand dollar wacom tablet or loving bespoke bamboo brush set will make them a better artist will never listen to reason. They'll just double down on the idea out of spite like you are some rear end in a top hat for saying a vintage mechanical typewriter and a bottle of whiskey didn't make Hemingway a writer, writing poo poo did.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If you never try, you can never fail, and never have to confront the idea that you failed at something.

You'll also never be able to learn from your failures or improve as a person at all, but to some people protecting their ego is more important than that.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Fauxtool posted:

This is a pretty disingenuous dismissal. Only a small minority believe in the magic life force, as small a group as the average ratio of idiots in any group of people.

Wrong, the Juicero is literally premised on magic life force. That is it's entire reason for existence. Juicero and Juisir etc are devices for people who believe in magic life force juice, and are made by people who believe it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Juicorcery?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's like in Dead Rising where different smoothies give you different bonuses and powers.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Fructomancy, if we're going to get real instead of making decent plays on words. It's like magic beans, but fruit instead of vegetables.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wait, I remember they made a Kamen Rider show with this concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9sQOcO0iEo

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

I believe the term you're looking for is practical kabbalah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

So we're going to see higher tiers of the Juicero: Juicerora and Juiceroga?