Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Teams progress report

did a bunch of testing and a howto on activating notifications for messages so people would know to check the app

turns out regardless of settings, no email notifications are sent at all if the teams app is open on a device that's considered "active" :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah its good. I don't want to get email notifications for a chat client im logged into.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

univbee posted:

Teams progress report

did a bunch of testing and a howto on activating notifications for messages so people would know to check the app

turns out regardless of settings, no email notifications are sent at all if the teams app is open on a device that's considered "active" :suicide:
the email probably got sent to the teams folder in outlook instead of the main inbox

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

https://twitter.com/EliLanger/status/1029371689589768192

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Lol reminds me of drug commercials.

Hey Beth! I know you're suffering from rheumatoid arthritisWindows Vista, I found this ad for a drug that helps alleviate symptoms for up to 24 hours. You should consult your doctorlocal cj and ask about HumiraArch Linux!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

gotta get that nps up!!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i think in a workplace the windows or mac thing does come up from time to time? (in non computer jobs i mean)

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

i think in a workplace the windows or mac thing does come up from time to time? (in non computer jobs i mean)

yes and then you get told to use what you're given and keep your head down

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

Always Hit Shift First

anthonypants posted:

also give it a few seconds, because if you were used to hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del and entering your password, you have to wait for the fade animation on the password field to show up before anything you enter makes it in there

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Serious Hardware / Software Crap > YOSPOS > Microsoft thread: you're holding it rong!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Boiled Water posted:

yes and then you get told to use what you're given and keep your head down

yeah my boss is just “mac? when you will be exec you can buy one to show off”

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
i tried fedora and linux mint on the weekend

never again will i waste hours of my life troubleshooting basic things that work in windows. Windows privilege makes you a bad person.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i used fedora on the desktop for the first 2 years of my job and i like to think I learned a lot but it was really just suffering

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

"well we could automatically configure all devices to work but that would require installing NON FREEDOM DRIVERS"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

yeah my boss is just “mac? when you will be exec you can buy one to show off”

i want to believe that for whatever reason everyone in your office just speaks in slightly awkward english all day instead of latvian

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

arm is explicitly targeting the desktop/laptops platforms in their roadmap now

https://www.thurrott.com/hardware/165914/arm-says-future-chips-offer-desktop-class-performance

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
there was a bizarrely entrepreneurial mechanic who used to frequent a shop i worked at, who spoke english in the sense that he used english words, but with the sentence structure of whatever his native eastern european language was.

you could understand him, but you had to pay attention to unscramble whatever he just said

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

no kidding

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
if you're on office 365 and log in to owa and click the "keep me signed in" checkbox and don't sign out out, skype for business and outlook and anything else that tracks your free/busy will never set you away or offline

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

infernal machines posted:

i want to believe that for whatever reason everyone in your office just speaks in slightly awkward english all day instead of latvian

it’s mostly latvian with some english jargon sprinkled in if we talk to each other. the business itself is mostly in english and yes, it is awkward. im by far best at english out of our entire office, and you see my posts

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Why does windows hate my 1440p monitor so much?

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
It's a p. sad state of affairs when Linux actually manages to do something desktop related better than the OS I actually paid for.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
make sure scaling is turned off

anthonypants posted:

if you're on office 365 and log in to owa and click the "keep me signed in" checkbox and don't sign out out, skype for business and outlook and anything else that tracks your free/busy will never set you away or offline
i had someone ask why i never respond on skype because apparently i've been "online" forever despite not logging in for about 6 months

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Phoenixan posted:

make sure scaling is turned off

i had someone ask why i never respond on skype because apparently i've been "online" forever despite not logging in for about 6 months
my boss works on the east coast and i'm on the west coast and he says he sees me online at what would be 6am for me, and i am almost certainly still asleep

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

it's not federation, but here's a tool so you can at least "fork" a Gitlab repo to another Github instance.

also the federated github clone has a name now, forgefed https://github.com/forgefed/forgefed

sound like something they do at abu graib

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

PleasureKevin posted:

it's not federation, but here's a tool so you can at least "fork" a Gitlab repo to another Github instance.

also the federated github clone has a name now, forgefed https://github.com/forgefed/forgefed

sound like something they do at abu graib

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

anthonypants posted:

my boss works on the east coast and i'm on the west coast and he says he sees me online at what would be 6am for me, and i am almost certainly still asleep

I've been chatting with work peeps on s4b, and they'll log off and skype will immediately say they've been offline for 10 minutes

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

SYSV Fanfic posted:

Why does windows hate my 1440p monitor so much?

windows is a pos, also your monitor

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

every Microsoft product is the worst one they've ever shat upon the world

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.
that error should have read "this pc is not designed for use inside an active tokamak reactor."

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

threadripper?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

nice bitcoin mining rig

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

not hot enough

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

needs a re-paste for sure.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
sun probe mission going well I see

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

that’s just a game over screen from Sunbase Alpha

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

android 9 pies broke an abandoned app for hardware no one bought. this is apparently google's fault.

Shumagorath posted:

Android 9 finally broke the Band 2 app haha. gently caress Google; what kind of operating system does that with no way to roll back? My next phone was already going to be iOS or Andromeda if that ever materializes but god drat.
and wtf is andromeda

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Endless Mike posted:

and wtf is andromeda
windows phone

e: that guy thinks his band 2 will work with the rumored windows phone/tablet andromeda thing. lmao

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

the thing is that there is a way to roll back