Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

abagofcheetos posted:

I mean, i get that, but in VLR i could at least chronologically go down each path until i hit all the gates, then work down another path to potentially open up the gates, etc. This one im playing a scenario, then picking a new scenario and its literally the room before the one i just solved...

if it puts your mind at ease, you will eventually get a flowchart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

abagofcheetos posted:

I mean, i get that, but in VLR i could at least chronologically go down each path until i hit all the gates, then work down another path to potentially open up the gates, etc. This one im playing a scenario, then picking a new scenario and its literally the room before the one i just solved...

You can't do that because the inability to play things chronologically is an integral part of the story.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

abagofcheetos posted:

Keep going. It will all make sense eventually.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
:waycool:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

U-DO Burger posted:

it's really hosed up that the series known for confusing you by bouncing around timelines would have you do that again in the third game

I can understand his confusion. In other games you bounce around the flowchart, but it's a single flowchart - when you start a scene you know exactly how you got there. In ZTD, you have no idea what's been happening. A team could already be dead. Someone on your team could be dead. Maybe you have an antidote in you? Who knows!

I mean granted the game (Zero's game, that is) is based around the drugs he gives you and knocking you out, so the feeling of disconnect and such is being replicated for the player, which is neat. But I can understand the getting a little frustrated when first playing the game.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

abagofcheetos posted:

i can assure you the motive behind this change is very complex

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

aw, crap, my vita battery must be dying or something. It keeps fluctuating between saying the battery's almost dead, and saying it's at 100%. I finally bought Atelier Shallie, don't do this to me :negative:

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

U-DO Burger posted:

aw, crap, my vita battery must be dying or something. It keeps fluctuating between saying the battery's almost dead, and saying it's at 100%. I finally bought Atelier Shallie, don't do this to me :negative:

From what I've read if you unplug the battery for a minute and plug it back in the problem should go away.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Liver Disaster posted:

From what I've read if you unplug the battery for a minute and plug it back in the problem should go away.

!!!

Whoa, thanks. Gonna try to find a screwdriver small enough when i get home

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Whole bunch of unlisted sales and/or price drops:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

And still no price drop on Ys VIII :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's on sale in EU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

It's on sale in EU

Thanks, but would rather not go through account switching stuff. Not really sure how it would work on the Vita, either, regarding saves and multiple PSN accounts on a system.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Meanwhile, P4G hasn't been on sale in Europe for more than a year.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Morpheus posted:

Thanks, but would rather not go through account switching stuff. Not really sure how it would work on the Vita, either, regarding saves and multiple PSN accounts on a system.

You have to reset it and have a different card for every account or back up and restore from a PS3 or something. Get a used Vita if you want to account switch.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Someone please spoil the ending of the first Trails of Cold Steel after the return to school and that weird labyrinth with the gates unlocking objects that you have to strike with a correct character - I've grown really weary of that dungeon and I don't want to drudge on, nor do I care for the data transfer. Still, I wouldn't want to start the second game not knowing how the first one ends.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CS2 actually has a synopsis of each CS1 chapter and its ending but:

There's a giant robot called Valimar at the bottom of the dungeon. At the end of the festival, right after you pick somebody for Rean to dance with, Crossbell nukes Garrelia Fortress. Chancellor Osborne gives a big address where he's about to declare war but he gets shot through the heart by C, who turns out to be Crow. Duke Cayenne kicks off his big noble putsch with a giant flying battleship full of giant robots that steamroll the Imperial Army and take over the capital. Those two dudes with the black jackets & sunglasses are with Zephyr. Vita/Misty is an Anguis and a renegade witch. Emma knew about her and Valimar all along but was scared to tell anybody. Some more Noble Alliance giant robots head off to take over Trista and the academy. Most of the faculty turn out to be giant badasses, and Sharon is an Enforcer who's on sabbatical so she helps them out. Everyone in Class VII is amazed by their fight but you don't get to see it. After that a few more robots attack Trista from the other direction. Class VII beats one, but they can't beat the second until Rean gets a call from Valimar. Valimar wakes up and you have a giant robot fight. Then Crow flies in on his own special robot and everyone's like "dude wtf" and he kicks Rean's rear end without even trying. The rest of Class VII moves to protect Rean even though they've got no chance whatsoever. You get a little extra goodbye from whoever you picked at the festival, and then Emma's cat tells Valimar to flee the town. Rean is not at all cool with this. The last thing you see is Class VII getting ready to fight Crow's robot while Rean and the cat fly off aboard Valimar for who knows where.

They did that TitS FC thing where a lot of the main plot happens in the last hour of the game.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jul 28, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Szurumbur posted:

Someone please spoil the ending of the first Trails of Cold Steel after the return to school and that weird labyrinth with the gates unlocking objects that you have to strike with a correct character - I've grown really weary of that dungeon and I don't want to drudge on, nor do I care for the data transfer. Still, I wouldn't want to start the second game not knowing how the first one ends.

The labyrinth isn't really that long honestly, maybe 45 minutes. Also I'm not sure you'll believe me when you read this.

That said, mouse over this if you still want to be spoiled: At the bottom of the labyrinth, the party finds a giant robot. George investigates the robot while the rest of the party goes back to enjoy the rest of the festival and relax. The next day, Osborne is giving a speech that the party is listening to on the radio. C, who is alive, crouches nearby on a rooftop with a sniper rifle. Mid-speech, he shoots Osborne directly in the heart, and Osborne falls over dead. Shortly after this, giant robots storm the capital, holding people hostage and overwhelming the Erebonian army. Claire confronts C on the rooftop, but he escapes.

Cut back to the party. Millium explains that C is Crow, and he faked his death by using pre-recorded messages, since they never actually found his body in the wreck of his airship. The giant robots then invade the academy. The teachers go to hold them off while telling the rest of the students to stay at school. The party naturally sneaks out to try and help, and wind up confronting a robot piloted by S. They barely manage to defeat S, but Crow, in his own giant robot, distinct from the others, steps in. Crow explains that they're working with a faction of nobles, including Duke Cayenne and Jusis's family, to overthrow Osborne's government. Rean is naturally horrified and the party prepares to fight Crow, but as Crow's mech raises its sword, the mech the party found in the bottom of the abandoned schoolhouse awakens and flies to the party's aid, kneeling down for Rean to pilot it. Rean and Emma's cat, Celine, are teleported inside of it, and Celine explains that Crow and Rean are 'awakeners,' people capable of piloting ancient mechs known as Divine Knights. The Divine Knight they found at the bottom of the school is called Valimar, while Crow's is called Ordine.

Rean in Valimar and Crow in Ordine fight a duel to the death, but the fact that Crow knows what the hell is going on means he's able to overpower Rean. Valimar's self-defense mechanisms kick in due to Celine, and he flies off out of Rean's control, leaving the fate of his friends and the school unknown. The game ends as Rean yells for Valimar to go back and finish the fight, even as Celine tries to calm him down and tells him it was a fight he was losing. Credits. I didn't make any of that up.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Szurumbur posted:

Suck it up and finish it. The ending is loving nuts.

Alternatively if you really don't wanna do it why not look up a video of the ending? Reading a summary isn't going to do it justice.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Vita lives...except not really.

https://gematsu.com/2018/07/uppers-rated-for-ps4-in-australia

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Thanks for the summaries, as soon as I'll be in a place with good Internet again I'll watch the cutscenes and end battles - the game also recaps the previous' endings, but in a weirdly dry manner, even if it tries to be dramatic at times.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1030146357737267202?s=19

:psyduck:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Out of left loving field!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

How bad will the Vita version be?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The vita ftw

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Vita means Undead.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I've been playing prince of persia on my vita, and it's extremely nice being able to play that poo poo on my commutes but jesus christ I'm finding new ways to appreciate how lovely I am with gamepads after playing it on a keyboard for the last ~25 years.

Literally the only thing I can handle without sucking is turn based poo poo like disgaea/atelier. Send help

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Play dark souls with a controller. You'll get good or go hollowed in real life.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Play Dark Souls with a DDR mat or get out

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

waah posted:

Play Dark Souls with a DDR mat or get out

JFC I thought this was a joke. :gonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxKsRf6R-vc

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGcdHLVWTa4

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
that owns. how much do these pads cost anyway, I've wanted one for a while, I'd love to have extra buttons under my desk I can use in some button heavier games.

e: 15 bux apparently for a usb one, that's... surprisingly cheap

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I don't think that they've come full circle and become retro enough to cost 10x that yet.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Soft ddr pads suck but the good metal ones cost 20x more than that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Liver Disaster posted:

Soft ddr pads suck but the good metal ones cost 20x more than that.

This is the sad truth of the matter.

I knew someone who had the metal ones. I was always so jealous.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I had no idea they sold metal ones for home.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I have two because a friend was selling them off and I got the pair for like $90. I'm gonna cry if I ever wear them out, the parts are getting scarce.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Liver Disaster posted:

I have two because a friend was selling them off and I got the pair for like $90. I'm gonna cry if I ever wear them out, the parts are getting scarce.

What brand?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr61Zt4jBZo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
If I hadn't tried the game myself (with a normal controller) I would've started thinking "the game obviously can't be THAT hard if you can beat it with bongo drums".