Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Penpal posted:

I think if you had 100 people in a match you'd run into them more frequently. And you don't have companies like Dell advertising that their gaming laptops can run the best Overwatch cheats in China, because that's what they're doing for pubg

As I recall, that was one individual Dell spokesperson, who was later reprimanded and the company apologized. (I'm not saying that cheating is not a problem, or that there is not a market for cheats in China.)

https://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/news/dell-responds-to-pubg-cheating-claims,488745

I think over the years, I've personaly witnessed a lot more cheating in CS:GO than in PUBG. Both are kind of high profile targets for hacking, I guess.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Aug 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Penpal posted:

I think if you had 100 people in a match you'd run into them more frequently. And you don't have companies like Dell advertising that their gaming laptops can run the best Overwatch cheats in China, because that's what they're doing for pubg

I played many, many, many games of Overwatch and saw thousands upon thousands of different players. I cannot remember a single time where I died and thought, "Hmm, that seemed suspicious."

There must be more that could be done to cull the cheating problem in PUBG. I'm tired of watching death cams where the player's aim snaps to me in an instant from 500 yards out, then I look up their profile and they have 91% headshot rate. Or you see the same name over and over in the kill feed and you realize it's somebody running one of those no clipping hacks, running around the map shooting people through floors and walls.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Ehud posted:

I played many, many, many games of Overwatch and saw thousands upon thousands of different players. I cannot remember a single time where I died and thought, "Hmm, that seemed suspicious."

There must be more that could be done to cull the cheating problem in PUBG. I'm tired of watching death cams where the player's aim snaps to me in an instant from 500 yards out, then I look up their profile and they have 91% headshot rate. Or you see the same name over and over in the kill feed and you realize it's somebody running one of those no clipping hacks, running around the map shooting people through floors and walls.

I have a thousand hours in this game and have ran into one absolute for sure cheater that killed me. Like, I'm not saying cheating doesn't exist, it does, because there are certainly people with insane headshot ratios. But there are also millions and millions of people who play this game. The last thing I'm worried about to "fix" this game is cheating.

#1 Fix lag/de-sync. #2 Up the god drat loot on bigger maps. #3 Turn the bigger maps into dynamic and actual good bluezones.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Schneider Inside Her posted:

You gotta keep in mind that they give this stuff to children

Children with brain problems yeah, and anyway I don't even know where I would get this stuff as I don't have any children and don't plan on having them to gain a PUBG advantage.

BUT

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Nah it ain’t meth. I would never tell anybody to do meth.

It’ll just make you more alert and you’ll react faster. Also it makes me less anxious so when I get down to like 5 alive I don’t have to struggle to hear footsteps over the blood pounding in my ears. First time I tried it I got 14 murders, which is well above the mean for me.

The thing about PUBG is that in order for me to be any good at it I have to play it a lot, be well rested, not be high as hell/drunk, not be hungover, and generally just be in a good mood. I struggle to pull this off in my regular life so it’s tough to do in a game I play during my leisure hours.

This is more true about PUBG than pretty much any other game I've ever played. I will stroll into Dark Souls drunk or high whenever but if I am playing PUBG at most I'm on caffeine and if I'm not well rested on top of that I can basically plan on not getting any kills.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Ehud posted:

I was watching Shroud and Chadd last night and they were stream sniped by a cheater with an aimbot over and over.

They spent months working on cheaters and it’s still a huge issue. I have zero confidence that they will ever fix it.

Caught some of this. That aimbot poo poo is such bullshit. Sees through walls, keeps locked on the entire time, and fires as soon as any part of the body has line of sight. They need to mask each players information better.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I notice a lot more vaguely suspicious kills in squad FPP than in solo FPP. Could be that you just get better players in squad. Could be that's where all the hackers are too. Idunno.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
I play way too much pubg and have died to a hacker once that I know of

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
When I play with my little bro he is always checking death cams and thinking stuff is bullshit but in 250 hours plus I can think of maybe once or twice being killed in a suspicious manner.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Most of you are just bad and the death cams are janky as gently caress and prove nothing. It also doesn’t help that it’s entirely possible to drill people with triple headshots with most guns. When people are doing that with the AK, SKS or Mk14 then it starts being a little fishy.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Everyone worse than you sucks and everyone better than you is hacking

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I don't think I've ever been killed and known without a doubt it was a hacker. Maybe once?

I think I've been suspicious maybe 20-30 times in 300+ hours; file a grand total of maybe five reports. When a single player wipes two or three in a squad and every shot is a headshot from different tactical approaches you kinda have to wonder, though.

They really should let you spectate after watching death cam.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

VulgarandStupid posted:

Most of you are just bad and the death cams are janky as gently caress and prove nothing. It also doesn’t help that it’s entirely possible to drill people with triple headshots with most guns. When people are doing that with the AK, SKS or Mk14 then it starts being a little fishy.

even then with the ak its very possible to get lucky with recoil repeatedly , especially with a compensator.

if you look at it and think its just fishy then its not hacking. when it is hacking you look at it and you can immediately tell without a doubt

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

VulgarandStupid posted:

If your most popular players are regularly being stream sniped by cheaters, you have a cheating problem

Also last we heard they banned over a million cheaters in one month. If the situation has improved since then they should make the new stats public.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
The Devs are always on the losing side when it comes to cheating though

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Ehud posted:

If your most popular players are regularly being stream sniped by cheaters, you have a cheating problem

No, you have a toxic community problem. Which, is exactly what PUBG has, the community is toxic as gently caress. Have you ever had all sound on in lobbies?

Also shroud's community just puts this on an entire other level. That community sucks too.

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 16, 2018

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
The lobbies are certainly aids but when I squad with two friends our random pub is nearly always well mannered.

Contrast this to CS and our random pub is toxic probably a quarter of the time. And even worse, sometimes french Canadian

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

¿Por qué no los dos? :shrug:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’ll stop talking about cheaters.

Did anyone post the test patch notes yet

https://twitter.com/pubg_help/status/1030011019446300672?s=21

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
I'm hype to take my razer scooter for a spin

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I hope the scooter is "quiet." Traveling in vehicles on Sanhok is usually a death sentence. Something like that scooter, if quiet, would be fantastic.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Yeah you're right about that. It's hard to care about any vehicle when it comes to Sanhok since announcing your position to everyone around you in that map usually ends pretty badly

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

Everyone worse than you sucks and everyone better than you is hacking

When I play 1 man squad with all-chat on, half the time I kill anyone they accuse me of cheating. Like, even when I just got a better parachute and killed them before they could even pick up a gun.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

willroc7 posted:

When I play 1 man squad with all-chat on, half the time I kill anyone they accuse me of cheating. Like, even when I just got a better parachute and killed them before they could even pick up a gun.

Even me, a bad player, can play 1 man squad and get kills because people play completely differently in squads and most people are extremely stupid. People don't want to face the fact that they make bad decisions all the time, ergo cheaters everywhere.

e: of course this is compounded by the fact that there are cheaters everywhere in PUBG :shrug:

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 16, 2018

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

I mean, I'm not trying to brag. I'm just pointing out how quick people are to call cheats when they die.

Anyone who has played with me knows there is no reason to believe I cheat (read: potato player here).

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
It's 100% impossible to stop all cheaters. Even Overwatch has cheaters. The thing is, in Overwatch you die and live and die and live really fast over and over, and you get a fairly reliable death cam so its very obvious when someone is aimbotting, especially considering how arcadey the game is.

In games like Pubg, you get one deathcam every ~30 minutes, and the death cams are janky as gently caress. I guarantee that most of the time when people say "wow that guy was cheating", they weren't cheating it was just the death cams are not at all reliable.

Also wallhacks have a huge impact on games like pubg and csgo where position and knowledge can basically trump aiming. Wallhacks are MUCH harder to detect and ban than aimbots. In a game like overwatch, a wallhack just wouldn't give that much of an advantage.

The last 100% cheater I saw was probably 3 months ago, and it was incredibly obvious(as in he was a passenger in a car, whenever he fired his viewpoint would shoot up 100 feet in the air and headshot you, then back into the passenger seat when he was finished). I've seen maybe 1 or 2 since then which I was suspicious of, but again... Janky deathcams make it real hard to tell. And I play this game way too much.

I do know that TPP has way more cheaters than FPP.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I don't think you should use it unless you have to, especially if it's to gain advantage in an online game. If for some actual reason you're prescribed it, "at least it's not a benzodiazepine" is the usual consolation.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

i found that the best way to combat cheaters is to not worry about being good at a highly random, buggy as gently caress video game. the game itself probably fucks you more than cheaters do

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I hope the scooter is "quiet." Traveling in vehicles on Sanhok is usually a death sentence. Something like that scooter, if quiet, would be fantastic.

They really need bicycles as a means to scoot around.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

George H.W. oval office posted:

Remember when there was that preview image of Miramar where you could see the front half of a bicycle and everyone was convinced that it'd be ridable for like a half second? That feels like 20 years ago.

and yeah I would never consider taking someone's rx meds to do better at an online game, especially since I'm just a dude that plays for fun.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

DrNutt posted:

Remember when there was that preview image of Miramar where you could see the front half of a bicycle and everyone was convinced that it'd be ridable for like a half second? That feels like 20 years ago.

and yeah I would never consider taking someone's rx meds to do better at an online game, especially since I'm just a dude that plays for fun.

Look at this filthy casual.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Lol if you play games for fun

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Ehud posted:

There is an ocean of difference in how things need to be processed and transmitted in a game like Overwatch vs a game like Pubg. PUBG could probably solve cheating too if they didn't need to track almost 90% of their players and 99.99% of the objects in the world.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I will pair with literally any mouth breather in the discord gtfi

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

willroc7 posted:

Look at this filthy casual.

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

Lol if you play games for fun

Yeah I'm a hosed up retard which is why I came back to pubg

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

it’s not exactly comparable to a dacia with only half a muffler but bicycles are noisy as gently caress on most terrain other than very smooth tarmac. I would still be in favor though.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
loving finally https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1689300456334304697

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

And yet it's still not something you can do offline or by yourself. Better than nothing though, and I like that they envision it as something that can change and be updated along with the game.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Unless they turn off damage, it's just going to be a few shitheads killing everyone on the map and then each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Star Man posted:

Unless they turn off damage, it's just going to be a few shitheads killing everyone on the map and then each other.

It doesn't specifically state it, but I'm assuming damage will be turned off like in the lobby.