Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

cash crab posted:

I have never seen r/relationships to be honest with you, and now that I have, I am going to happily die alone

We have such sights to show you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Besesoth posted:

She also only actually wrote a handful of them; she died in the 80s of cancer, but her books were so profitable that her family hired ghost writers to keep writing and publishing under the VC Andrews name.

Yea, but the guy they chose was on point:

book is...uncomfortable.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

:ironicat:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

You imagine how retarded you have to be to have a name like Dinesh D'Souza and support trump? Imagine if he was against him, what trump would say about him just based on his name?

codo27 has a new favorite as of 14:42 on Aug 16, 2018

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1029859264477777924

Oh, Dinesh... when will you ever be right about anything?

Click through. He just digs his hole deeper and deeper.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Beloved-Celebrity-Just-Died Twitter is the worst twitter :colbert:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

zoux posted:

Beloved-Celebrity-Just-Died Twitter is the worst twitter :colbert:

It’s fine until the “You didn’t really care” people show up

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
better than "creating a safer environment by mass purging lefties"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's funny how all the mod/punishment drama that we've seen on here for years correlates exactly with what's happening on twitter right now. Can't wait for @jack's inevitable Moderator Meltdown

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Why did I think Aretha Franklin died 3 days ago though. I've been seeing posts "remembering" her for days. Was she just hospitalized then? Because I really thought she was dead.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

Why did I think Aretha Franklin died 3 days ago though. I've been seeing posts "remembering" her for days. Was she just hospitalized then? Because I really thought she was dead.

She's been gravely ill for about three days. It was pretty much just a waiting game.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Picnic Princess posted:

It came out 3 days ago she was gravely ill and in hospice. So it was a matter of time, sadly :(

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hedningen posted:

He tried to sue Battletech for ownership/force them into making his fursona a canon character.

The entire story is a hilarious chapter of gaming history.

Roy Calbeck is the dudes name, if anyone wants to look up the story. He apparently doesn't *do* anything, so he has nothing to lose by filing frivolous lawsuits. So I've heard at least.

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

Someone make that Legolas/Gimli "side by side with an elf" meme but with a Juggalo and a furry.

It exists, I just wouldn't be able to find it on twitter because it hasn't come up recently.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Scratch Monkey posted:

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1029859264477777924

Oh, Dinesh... when will you ever be right about anything?

Click through. He just digs his hole deeper and deeper.

From the replies:

https://twitter.com/creepinpeepin/status/1029871585103175681

E: Someone who isn't phoneposting should probably screenshot that.

goatsestretchgoals has a new favorite as of 16:33 on Aug 16, 2018

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/MayorLVaughn/status/1030046130388848640

lol he tweets in character as the idiot mayor from Jaws

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Picnic Princess posted:

Why did I think Aretha Franklin died 3 days ago though.

That's when the GBS thread was first made (and it was announced that she was in end-of-life hospice )

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

T-man posted:

faygo-flavored gay space communist future

This is a future worth fighting for.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm assuming that the Katie Hopkins Idris Elba Bond thing was posted earlier but now she's decided to beef with Ice T

https://twitter.com/KTHopkins/status/1029848469073264641

https://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/1030124312991358977

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Ice T really keeps it real on the twitter

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I don't know why I wasn't already following him on Twitter. His tweets are always gold when I see them elsewhere.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Tracy lauren marrow is a crazy name.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Did... she think that was a "gotcha?" Like it was a burn that his birth certificate doesn't say "Ice-T?"

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

Significantly less diverse now after several senators were forced to stop down because they were found out they were actually duel citizens.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

From Pet Island's "helldump your pets" thread:

Phuzun posted:

Cherry, I don't know what the construction pylons had done to you in the past, but it is pretty bad that I have to roll up the windows to prevent you from biting them. I can promise you'll deeply regret it if you manage to get close enough to hit one at 20mph.

Video of the maniac:
https://i.imgur.com/Asg33kf.mp4

Yes, please show everyone how stupid your pet is by holding your cellphone outside the window and taking a video while you're operating the vehicle.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hello Sailor posted:

From Pet Island's "helldump your pets" thread:

Yes, please show everyone how stupid your pet is by holding your cellphone outside the window and taking a video while you're operating the vehicle.

what are you, the fun police?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Vargo posted:

Did... she think that was a "gotcha?" Like it was a burn that his birth certificate doesn't say "Ice-T?"

Here's the thing about K Hop: she's apocalyptically stupid.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Captain_Person posted:

they were actually duel citizens.

So am I, pistols at dawn, ten paces.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Fathis Munk posted:

So am I, pistols at dawn, ten paces.

efb :argh:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
loving goats to own the libs.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ANDY!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

zoux posted:

Here's the thing about K Hop: she's apocalyptically stupid.

I wish she was just stupid, and not a combination of being monumentally thick, a horrific person, and rich because of the constant platform she’s given.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Because I had looked at the Amazon page for that radical pro-smoking activist's book last week, I was given a recommendation for another of his books: Tobakkonacht -- The Antismoking Endgame.

quote:

TobakkoNacht -- The Antismoking Endgame, is a frontal attack on the misuse of science and language to promote unjustified levels of smoking bans and taxes.
The author, trained in statistics and propaganda analysis at Pennsylvania's Wharton School, "dissects" the scary antismoking studies that have made headlines over the past ten years. He shows clearly in each case how the data and language have been juggled to reach and promote the conclusions of those handing out the grant money and backs up his arguments with solid science clearly explained at a level that will satisfy both laymen and professionals.

The book isn't all business though. It opens with a dystopian future tale of an "Endgame" in which the antismoking movement has gained full power and smokers are generally treated as near-criminals. The author explores the roots that could bring such a fiction into being and looks at the world that could be created... a very sad world indeed.

The pseudo science used to push goals like outdoor smoking bans is also attacked with satire and with short essays taking the form of "Letters To The Editor" focusing on all the microarguments used by antismoking crusaders playing with their "scientifical" instruments and by fanatic who'd happily apply the same methodology to reducing automobile and alcohol use. A few more formal communications showing how to approach local and national governmental bodies are also offered, again with the benefit of exposing false arguments while showing how to effectively attack the "authoritative sources" that seek to silence the opposition with their prestige while pushing for ever wider bans and ever higher taxes.

The book concludes with a strong section painting a path toward a winning endgame for those in the Free Choice movement, pointing to the weaknesses of the current crop of smoking prohibitionists and suggesting how they can best be countered.

TobakkoNacht can best be summed up like this: It shows how the denormalization of smokers has warped science and ripped holes in our social fabric while transforming a worthy public health effort into a destructive social force assaulting our lives, our families, and our communities -- and it shows how to fight back!

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

chitoryu12 posted:

Because I had looked at the Amazon page for that radical pro-smoking activist's book last week, I was given a recommendation for another of his books: Tobakkonacht -- The Antismoking Endgame.

You'd think someone mad enough about anti-smoking laws to write a whole book about it would bother to look up the actual German translation for the word they're going to use as the title.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

I wish she was just stupid, and not a combination of being monumentally thick, a horrific person, and rich because of the constant platform she’s given.

There's a lot of comorbidity there

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1030171310255693825

The Deep State's treachery knows NO BOUNDS

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Nastyman posted:

You'd think someone mad enough about anti-smoking laws to write a whole book about it would bother to look up the actual German translation for the word they're going to use as the title.

It's alluding to Kristallnacht in a profoundly uninformed attempt to compare antismoking research to Nazi pogroms.

E: oh, duh, that's not even the German word for tobacco, but I don't think the target audience is German speakers.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 21:15 on Aug 16, 2018

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Free Speech Quotes:

Many people don't know this, but it's possible to read something you don't agree with on the Internet and simply move on with your life.

Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you do like; it protects speech you don't like.

Being offended doesn't make you right.

When you resort to attacking the messenger and not the message, you have lost the debate.

Learn to be open minded and respectful to people's opinions, even when you don't agree.

A funny thing about tolerant people? They're really only tolerant when you agree with them.

If we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise we do not believe in it all all.

Those who do not know their opponent's viewpoints do not completely understand their own.

Freedom of speech is for everyone not just those you agree with.

Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate.

We need more people speaking out. This country is not overrun with rebels and free thinkers. It's overrun with sheep and conformist.

What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.

It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Freedom of speech: Because my rights are more important than your feelings.

The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen.

I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular.

To suppress free speech is a double wrong. It violates the right of the hearer as well as those of the speaker.

Freedom of speech is the most enduring, stablizing, and sustainable value of a free society.

Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.

'Freedom of speech' means you support the right of people to say exactly those ideas which you do not agree with.

Subscribe on YouTube: The Iconoclast, RT, StevenCrowder, No Return, Mark Dice, NBT Films, Candace Owens, This is Europa, Stefan Molyneux, The Daily Wire, Campus Liberty, Refugee crisis in Europe, Rebel Media, The Rubin Report, Pamela Geller, TRUTHBOMBS, Blaire White, CGTN America, Ben Shapiro, CampusReform, Red Ice TV, Voltaire, CRTV, OpenMind, The Liberty Hound, British Fight Back, Hunter Avallone, ACT for America, Paul Joseph Watson, JihadWatchVideo, MILO, One America News Network, TheFallenState, Roaming Millennial, Conservative Resurgence, Domination Station, Angry Foreigner, Gavin McInnes, PragerU, Lauren Southern, Black Pigeon Speaks, The Common Sense Conservative, Fleccas Talks, Jeff Crouere.
The US will never get out of debt without raising taxes on wealthy people and businesses, thank you

Puppy Time posted:

Like it all boils down to "When I was happy and not worried, things were like this. Now things have changed and I am unhappy and worried. Obviously, if we just change it all back, things will once again be good and I will be happy and not worried."

Thus has it always been, thus will it always be when you hit middle age.
Jokes on you, I have never not been worried and unhappy

idiot

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/polynerdeia/status/1028297343504998400?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

trickybiscuits posted: