Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I have no idea what the rotation is for Baro weapons tbh.

You should definitely not use the base Tetra for anything other than Mastery either way, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The tetra needs one of those weird mods like the flower one. Make it shoot random colors. Rainbow cannon.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The Shortest Path posted:

Generally the weapons (and warframes!) you want to invest potatoes and jiggies into are ones that you enjoy using and that aren't strictly outclassed by something else unless that something else takes a lot of effort to get/use. The Hek is a good example, because the Vaykor Hek which is generally an upgrade to it is MR 12 which takes a long time.

Yeah, my criteria for bluetatoing something is "do I like how this gun shoots? would I like it to be more deadly?" because 30/30 really doesn't get very far.

I am more tight-handed with Forma though. To date I've only Forma'd my Trinity P (moving her Aura slot to corpro's affinity) and my Atomos (thrice, so I could shove everything and a corrosive setup in there).

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

why would someone buy the prisma tetra for plat, it's a baro item

mastery rank isn't always the end-all be-all for weapons in terms of how well they can perform, but generally weapons that have better variants are lower on the list and become available sooner. always check the wiki and see if someone has better variants available because those will be the things worth putting a potato or forma into.

1) they want it now

2) if you can stand trading, it's all the same. Ducats == junk primes == plat

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Echophonic posted:

The tetra needs one of those weird mods like the flower one. Make it shoot random colors. Rainbow cannon.

Do you mean in addition to Kinetic Rocket?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt539fdd2Z8

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Johnny Joestar posted:

why would someone buy the prisma tetra for plat, it's a baro item

Because they have no time to farm all the dukats?? I bought quite a few Baroman items from other goons when they were available because I couldn't be arsed to farm all day for ducks.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

***A Children's Treasury Of Warcrimes***

Today at the children's treasury, let's discuss Umbra Mods. What are they, what can they do for you? Why do all of the top builds on WFBuilder suddenly need 5 extra forma?

What Are They?
Umbra Mods are a set of mods you will get, half levelled, for free from The Sacrifice quest line. They have a special umbra polarity, which currently only matches the polarity on the Umbra Excalibur you get from that quest as well. They are kind of power-intensive, costing 16 power each and giving basically the same stats as the regular vitality and steel fiber mods, when used individually, though the Umbral Intensify is almost 50% better than standard Intensify, by itself. But here's the thing about the Umbral Mods- their set bonus makes them all more powerful. And it scales up really hard.

Umbral Fiber- Alone, 110% armor. 2 Set Mods, +137.5% armor, 3 Set Mods, +192.5% armor.
Umbral Vitality- Alone, 440% health. 2 Set Mods, 550% health. 3 Set Mods, 770% health.
Umbral Intensify- Alone, 44% Power Strength, 2 Set Mods, 55% Power Strength, 3 Set Mods, 66% Power Strength.

What Can They Do For Me?

Practically speaking, any build that benefits from having some amount of health/armor and some amount of power strength, is going to be better off fitting these mods instead of the regular ones. However, because you can't set umbra polarities with forma and these suckers cost 16 power each, you can only reasonably equip 2 before you have to start cutting mod slots. Sometimes that's okay, sometimes you are better off fitting other stuff. Umbral Intensify is so good you might as well slot it on any frame that currently uses Intensify, and eat the forma cost for that extra 14% power strength.

Here are some builds from the treasury to demo what these mods can do for you.

Mesa Before: https://goo.gl/9rnv5F
Mesa After: https://goo.gl/xkYEvQ
Explanation: A 2-set UI is the same +PStrength as TransFort without the -30% duration malus. I dropped Quick Thinking and TransFort, replaced with Umbral Intensify and Umbral Vitality. Now Mesa has 700 more health, and her shield lasts 10 seconds longer. You can find these kinds of edges anywhere transfort and a survival mod are currently used.

Rhino Before: https://goo.gl/yr42aA
Rhino After: https://goo.gl/kELAJV
Explanation: Rhino here gains 80 more base armor and 30% more duration with no downside by doing the same kind of mod swap.

Umbral Nidus: https://goo.gl/ZuHkev
Explanation: Here's a Nidus using all 3 mods. Why not take 1600 base health and 1000 base armor?

Umbral Titania: https://goo.gl/Zayyw3
Explanation: 800hp and 630k sustained DPS in pixie form.

Umbral Valkyr: https://goo.gl/mxwLv9
Explanation: More survivability, better duration for a longer Warcry.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Sarsapariller posted:

***A Children's Treasury Of Warcrimes***

Today at the children's treasury, let's discuss Umbra Mods. What are they, what can they do for you? Why do all of the top builds on WFBuilder suddenly need 5 extra forma?

What Are They?
Umbra Mods are a set of mods you will get, half levelled, for free from The Sacrifice quest line. They have a special umbra polarity, which currently only matches the polarity on the Umbra Excalibur you get from that quest as well. They are kind of power-intensive, costing 16 power each and giving basically the same stats as the regular vitality and steel fiber mods, when used individually, though the Umbral Intensify is almost 50% better than standard Intensify, by itself. But here's the thing about the Umbral Mods- their set bonus makes them all more powerful. And it scales up really hard.

Umbral Fiber- Alone, 110% armor. 2 Set Mods, +137.5% armor, 3 Set Mods, +192.5% armor.
Umbral Vitality- Alone, 440% health. 2 Set Mods, 550% health. 3 Set Mods, 770% health.
Umbral Intensify- Alone, 44% Power Strength, 2 Set Mods, 55% Power Strength, 3 Set Mods, 66% Power Strength.

What Can They Do For Me?

Practically speaking, any build that benefits from having some amount of health/armor and some amount of power strength, is going to be better off fitting these mods instead of the regular ones. However, because you can't set umbra polarities with forma and these suckers cost 16 power each, you can only reasonably equip 2 before you have to start cutting mod slots. Sometimes that's okay, sometimes you are better off fitting other stuff. Umbral Intensify is so good you might as well slot it on any frame that currently uses Intensify, and eat the forma cost for that extra 14% power strength.

Here are some builds from the treasury to demo what these mods can do for you.

Mesa Before: https://goo.gl/9rnv5F
Mesa After: https://goo.gl/xkYEvQ
Explanation: A 2-set UI is the same +PStrength as TransFort without the -30% duration malus. I dropped Quick Thinking and TransFort, replaced with Umbral Intensify and Umbral Vitality. Now Mesa has 700 more health, and her shield lasts 10 seconds longer. You can find these kinds of edges anywhere transfort and a survival mod are currently used.

Rhino Before: https://goo.gl/yr42aA
Rhino After: https://goo.gl/kELAJV
Explanation: Rhino here gains 80 more base armor and 30% more duration with no downside by doing the same kind of mod swap.

Umbral Nidus: https://goo.gl/ZuHkev
Explanation: Here's a Nidus using all 3 mods. Why not take 1600 base health and 1000 base armor?

Umbral Titania: https://goo.gl/Zayyw3
Explanation: 800hp and 630k sustained DPS in pixie form.

Umbral Valkyr: https://goo.gl/mxwLv9
Explanation: More survivability, better duration for a longer Warcry.

Good info. I like your Titania build!

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I have finished the war within and I have my hab module in the oven, along with That New Mode, and I'd like to know what to do now, because I'm a bit lost. Wiki tells me the next quest is chains of harrow, which means doing more of Sedna and the void, but should I do something else first?

(Like figuring out the quills and those amps things.)

E: Also I got a riven mod which wants me to shoot three of a kind of PoE birds dead within 5 seconds with an active pet nearby.

I'm just wondering if my emotional support animal, a flying shotgun, counts.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 16, 2018

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
So all my time the last couple weeks have been unlocking planets.. takes forever it seems, ~70 hours deep in gameplay and level 7 mastery with Uranus fully unlocked, just in the middle of doing NETAH quest to unlock NEPTUNE.

I've also grinded out a few bosses for certain frames.

Now that I'm mastery 7, I've been using an ATOMOS but with how far I am along (No FORMA to spend), it's pretty much maxed DPS and it doesn't seem to be as melty on survival missions on uranus ~15 minutes in that can keep going.

So What guns should I be prioritizing for power? I found my excalibur level 4 to actually be my greatest survival weapon shooting through doors.

I have
Rhimo
Nyx
Frost
Excalibur
Nova

trying to get parts for:
Mag
Ember

I'm lacking in mods and it seems I need to get to INDEX to grind out my cash before people can trade me enough decent starter set.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Dahbadu posted:

Good info. I like your Titania build!

Thank you!

One thing I neglected to mention is that there are also two mods for melee weapons.

Sacrificial Pressure - 110% damage, 2 Set Bonus- 137% damage
Sacrificial Steel- 88% crit chance, 2 Set Bonus- 110% crit chance.

Sacrificial steel is strictly better than its original incarnation, True Steel. Basically you should always use it and Sacrificial Pressure anywhere you are using the two original mods for a moderate damage boost. No ifs/ands on this one, they're just... more damage. It is not better than primed pressure point, however, so there you may have to make some tradeoff calculations.

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 16, 2018

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

SIGSEGV posted:

I have finished the war within and I have my hab module in the oven, along with That New Mode, and I'd like to know what to do now, because I'm a bit lost. Wiki tells me the next quest is chains of harrow, which means doing more of Sedna and the void, but should I do something else first?

(Like figuring out the quills and those amps things.)

I'm pretty sure Chains unlocks some of the story quests. You don't actually have to grind Sedna or build Harrow to finish the quest, if I recall correctly.

Amps are very much end game content, exclusively for Eidolon hunts and a couple quest missions, and ironically Harrow's going to be one of your best entry points to doing that eidolon stuff. Also Volt/Trinity.

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Now that I'm mastery 7, I've been using an ATOMOS but with how far I am along (No FORMA to spend), it's pretty much maxed DPS and it doesn't seem to be as melty on survival missions on uranus ~15 minutes in that can keep going.

Armor starts to become a real issue around the point that you're at. I recommend running corrosive (viral + electric) on your weapons. Radiation damage also gets a +75% damage bonus against enemies with even 1 point of armor, so the Arca Plasmor is a very good Grineer obliterating option that you can obtain from the dojo labs. You can jack the Atomos up all the way to level 150 content with forma, and forma are basically free - just run pub void fissures and crack relics until a few forma blueprints drop.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sarsapariller posted:

so the Arca Plasmor is a very good Grineer obliterating option that you can obtain from the dojo labs. You can jack the Atomos up all the way to level 150 content with forma, and forma are basically free - just run pub void fissures and crack relics until a few forma blueprints drop.
Arca Plasmor is MR10, so he'll have to wait a bit.

But yes, Forma is very easy to pick up from rifts, along with prime parts, the duplicates of which you can sell at relays for ducats, the cardassian sex lord currency used by Baro ki'teer, a trader who pops in bi-weekly with unique treats.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm pretty sure Chains unlocks some of the story quests. You don't actually have to grind Sedna or build Harrow to finish the quest, if I recall correctly.

Amps are very much end game content, exclusively for Eidolon hunts and a couple quest missions, and ironically Harrow's going to be one of your best entry points to doing that eidolon stuff. Also Volt/Trinity.

I need to finish the Void: Mot node to start chains of harrow, according to the quests thing, so I need to cross Sedna.

Well, if the rest is more endgame, I guess I'm going to do chains of harrow first.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Sarsapariller posted:

It does, but it's locked behind Mot in the Void, which is on the uber-hard Sedna line :/

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Sininu posted:

Because they have no time to farm all the dukats?? I bought quite a few Baroman items from other goons when they were available because I couldn't be arsed to farm all day for ducks.

This ^. And let's say you have -limited- ducks, right? You do some relics but man you can't be arsed to relic farm 24/7. You spend those on Primed mods to avoid the 1 million credit trade fee. Or maybe you spend the ducks on non-tradeable cosmetics. You then spend the plat on baro weapons. Buncha people are going to buy the weapons to trade; market will be fairly competitive and near the standard baseline plat:duck ratio (which is based off the standard trash duck price of 10 plat for 5 random trash items; each item has a minimum duck value of 15, so 2p:15d or 1p:7.5d). You'll get poo poo cheaper than that if you work it.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 16, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Magus42 posted:

It does, but it's locked behind Mot in the Void, which is on the uber-hard Sedna line :/
The good news is that even on console, there are plenty of people running those missions for axi relics right now, so it should be fairly easy to let them do the hard work and just tag along.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Arca Plasmor is MR10, so he'll have to wait a bit.

But yes, Forma is very easy to pick up from rifts, along with prime parts, the duplicates of which you can sell at relays for ducats, the cardassian sex lord currency used by Baro ki'teer, a trader who pops in bi-weekly with unique treats.

forma blueprints are easy to pick up, but it takes a while to get a comfortable amount of the rare resources you need to build them. the many, many frames and weapons to build need that poo poo too.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

an update just launched that includes frame fighter and also some new operator amp bits

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

I just assume everyone uses Kinetic Ricochet. Yes, I want randomly colored bouncing energy pellets I like I'm a bullet hell boss designed by a colorblind person.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

to buy the thing with frame fighter you need 50k simaris rep, just as a heads up

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I just crashed my Sim rep on an Energy Conversion to sell/give because it maxed too.

OTOH, I was just thinking my 222 Amp is sucking as the amp arcanes seem only good with the #3 brace for a decent crit chance?

Farmer Jimbo
Mar 11, 2005

CC Plox.

xanif posted:

Banshee looks fun and the damage bonus from sonar is cool but it feels like Octavia is just an all around better frame to bring for damage boosts.

Or am I just playing Banshee wrong.

Also, the mod for her number 4 that changes it from channeled to normal cast, does that still stagger? It feels like the best use of her 4 is to permastun an entire room with a high range build.

I have not played around with Octavia yet but with that out of the way Banshee: The number 2 skill sonar is one of the most powerful damage boosts in the game right now. Damage to a body part highlighted by sonar will be multiplied 5-9 times depending on how much you invest in frame ability strength. Sonar's can overlap on the same body part which can result in some truly ridiculous damage numbers (2000 damage crit times 14 = 28,000 damage :monocle: ) It also acts a massive pulse of enemy radar/enemy sense for the entire team each time it is cast. And then, if you really want to push sonar to the next level, slap on the mod called resonance. Each time an enemy is killed by shooting a highlighted body part, a new sonar is cast at the enemy's location. Any kill from any team member counts. This causes a single cast of sonar to propagate sonar after sonar after sonar which quickly cover every body part of surviving enemies in overlapping sonar buffs.

The augment for Banshee's number 4 called "resonating quake" turns Banshee's sound quake from an "always on" stagger to a single pulse of devastation. It makes the skill much more energy efficient but also significantly scales up the power the closer the enemy is to you (20 times if they right on top of you). If you keep pressing 4 with resonating quake equipped you will still get an almost perma stagger, but it may be hard to tell since everything dies much quicker. Plus, you can avoid one of the downsides of normal quake: stragglers way out on the periphery of range. Just pause for the time it takes them to get a little closer, or move closer to them, and start pressing 4 again.

Resonance Banshee is one of my favorite set-ups.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
This patch also includes mote amp damage buffs and a +10 range bonus when gilded. It will probably still suck, but a good thing nonetheless.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Holy gently caress! WTB Tetra riven...

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I do wonder.

Should I toss on 3 more forma to my Vanguard Rhino Prime for a better mod loadout?

Specifically
Corrosive Projection - Maglev
Umbral Intensify, Umbral Fiber, Umbral Vitality, Iron Shrapnel
Streamline, Augur Secrets, Augur Reach, Augur Message

Anyone got improvements for that mod loadout that you can actually fit in?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Stealing you titania build for later.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the new operator amp bits are cool as hell, tbh

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Frame fighter is so silly

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/1030211939337531393

The theme song is pretty good

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

should just use that on the login screen

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

should just use that on the login screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG2Q4XmRtxo

oh here it is

Apostasy/ post Harrow spoilers

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 17, 2018

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tylana posted:

All done. Except some deliveries.

Thanks a lot!

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Pipski posted:

Holy gently caress! WTB Tetra riven...

If you're serious I have an unrolled one that I don't need since I bought one a while ago :v:

Adhibhautika
Feb 28, 2004
Evil Beast of a Thousand bodies

Tylana posted:

Annnd done. Will get the rest sent out soonish.

EDIT : Less soonish as there is a per day gift cap

Thanks chum!

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

so I think frame fighter is actually great

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Ok, so I started the sacrifice quest and found that it is a loving miserable experience with the mote amp. I think I need to kill a couple Eidolans so that I can upgrade it to at least the first tier amp? Going to be trying one tonight I think. Is it easy to get a group for them (considering I am likely to be dead weight)?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

ClonedPickle posted:

If you're serious I have an unrolled one that I don't need since I bought one a while ago :v:

Oh, I am serious (but I'm on console.) :)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dravs posted:

Ok, so I started the sacrifice quest and found that it is a loving miserable experience with the mote amp. I think I need to kill a couple Eidolans so that I can upgrade it to at least the first tier amp? Going to be trying one tonight I think. Is it easy to get a group for them (considering I am likely to be dead weight)?

Ask in the clan chat and you'll almost certainly get a few people willing to carry you through a hunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its possible to finish with a mote, just run away as far as possible, then unload as Umbra charges at you.

Repeat a dozen times.