Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Whalley posted:

you can get a bone saw on Amazon for like 23 bucks

On it. What a great deal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It looks like they have a female Luke Cage for season 2, unless that actually was Luke Cage, but wearing makeup and ladies clothes.
And a toupe.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

verdigris murder posted:

It looks like they have a female Luke Cage for season 2, unless that actually was Luke Cage, but wearing makeup and ladies clothes.
And a toupe.

Are... are you talking about Misty Knight?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Habibi posted:

How does one "steal" the Iron Fist?

Considering Danny's track record, he probably used it to charge a cellphone battery pack, then leaves it on a park bench. Some kid finds it and uses it to charge his iphone to play ninja slash 1000, but the iron fist energy overloads his phone and it explodes, making the kid the new iron fist.

Netflix I'll take a check for writing a better season than whatever you probably have in store.

edit: VVV that resume doesn't inspire much confidence

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 16, 2018

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

As Nero Danced posted:

Netflix I'll take a check for writing a better season than whatever you probably have in store.

Good news, they replaced Scott Buck with this guy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well hey, Sleepy Hollow was pretty go-

Starting with season 2.

Oh.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Tbh, I'm unfamiliar with his work. But he can't be worse than Buck, right?

Right? :ohdear:

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Accretionist posted:

Good news, they replaced Scott Buck with this guy.

Well that imdb profile is just one long list of poo poo.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
And loudly the expectations of the thread return to how we all felt after a few eps of IF1.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Proteus Jones posted:

Are... are you talking about Misty Knight?

All black people are Luke Cages. There's regular Luke Cages and female Luke Cages.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
How the hell did they manage to gently caress up a perfectly cool, easy to replicate mask? Looks as almost as dumb as Danny's face.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

BiggerBoat posted:

How the hell did they manage to gently caress up a perfectly cool, easy to replicate mask? Looks as almost as dumb as Danny's face.

Oh, come on, Finn Jones is a perfectly good looking guy. And I'm willing to hold judgement on saying he can't act until after season 2, I think the writing and plot was at least as much as fault as anything he did last time around. I feel like he woulda absolutely nailed a hipster/stoner character based on last season. He's the one guy I kinda felt sorry for after last season, I feel like he was kinda set up to fail all around.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I believe that Finn can act, he's just a lousy choice for an Iron Fist, the hippie thing feels more annoying stoner friend from college than legit fish outta water.

He also has a punchable face, c'mon.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

verdigris murder posted:

And a toupe.

Jesus christ

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
What's the over/under on the Punisher showrunner being pushed out so they can replace him with a Marvel yes-man

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

HIJK posted:

What's the over/under on the Punisher showrunner being pushed out so they can replace him with a Marvel yes-man

Three episodes. I'm taking the over and betting it will be Scott Buck. By the end of the season Frank won't have shot a gun or even beaten a man to death, instead relying on final-destination-style deus ex machinas to kill people.

Then he'll fake his death and go become a lumberjack.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

verdigris murder posted:

And a toupe.

Is a toupe like a cross between a toque and a toupee? Like Moe Howard or the movie version of Uncle Fester wore?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

HIJK posted:

Well, they've finished filming Season 2, and apparently Netflix has that wonky deal where Luke Cage Season Three might be the last of their original Defenders content, so... less than zero?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Open Source Idiom posted:

Well, they've finished filming Season 2, and apparently Netflix has that wonky deal where Luke Cage Season Three might be the last of their original Defenders content, so... less than zero?

I doubt they'll be letting go of the characters or the actors, this isn't the end. If Marvel is good at anything it's milking franchises :v:

As Nero Danced posted:

Three episodes. I'm taking the over and betting it will be Scott Buck. By the end of the season Frank won't have shot a gun or even beaten a man to death, instead relying on final-destination-style deus ex machinas to kill people.

Then he'll fake his death and go become a lumberjack.

HA perfect and of course it'll be delivered under budget and on time so they won't understand what the problem is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dias posted:

I believe that Finn can act, he's just a lousy choice for an Iron Fist, the hippie thing feels more annoying stoner friend from college than legit fish outta water.

Uh, it’s not like he decided to play him that way.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HIJK posted:

I doubt they'll be letting go of the characters or the actors, this isn't the end. If Marvel is good at anything it's milking franchises :v:

It was made clear at SDCC that the Netflix Marvel shows generate some of the highest viewership and subscription boosts of any of the Netflix Originals, so they aren't letting stuff go anytime soon (although they said they have no plans for a Defenders follow-up, and it seems like Daredevil might be over after S3). They get a ton of free PR anytime stuff from Punisher, Jessica Jones or Luke Cage drops, so I imagine they'll continue running a few shows for what feels like perpetuity.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

@ 0:33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXpuRIZzJog

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Supercar Gautier posted:

All black people are Luke Cages. There's regular Luke Cages and female Luke Cages.

This isn't as hot a take as you think. Remember the trailer for the first Thor where he does a standing dropkick to a security guy? That big black guy was totally Luke Cage. If Hawkeye is in it, then sure Luke Cage is too.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Digital Jedi posted:

Probably going to root for Davos. That red fist looks pretty awesome.

I'm a little disappointed they don't do the effect like in the comic where he doesn't have a hand but a purple fist shows up on the stump. I guess that would've looked lovely with their CG budget.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Lurdiak posted:

I'm a little disappointed they don't do the effect like in the comic where he doesn't have a hand but a purple fist shows up on the stump. I guess that would've looked lovely with their CG budget.

Just imagine if we were ever able to get a Daredevil S1/Punisher S1 quality live action retelling of Immortal Iron Fist. :allears:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

10 Beers posted:

Just imagine if we were ever able to get a Daredevil S1/Punisher S1 quality live action retelling of Immortal Iron Fist. :allears:

That would require so many stars to align, and also 3 times the budget these shows have at the least.

But god drat would I love to see Fat Cobra.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

OMG, yes.

Also, Orson would be nice because you can never have too many people dunking on Danny.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
In that trailer Finn Jones clearly doesn't know how to use chopsticks.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Lurdiak posted:

Guess we're all gonna need the "Wenches of Waiting." :(

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Omnomnomnivore posted:

In that trailer Finn Jones clearly doesn't know how to use chopsticks.

Had to check to see if Scott Buck was the showrunner for this again because of this comment. I'm also trying to find out if Finn Jones is left handed. This would explain a whole lot if he was, but nothing is really turning up outside of how poorly choreographed/acted the bokken scene was in front of Colleen's students.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
You just thought about it from the wrong direction. He's a famous person thanks to GoT and IF, so here's how he signs autographs:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Just finished Luke Cage season 2

I gotta say it way surpassed my expectations and I am pumped for where they might go with the story next season. Really enjoyed the whole thing

Music was out of this world too

Not going to touch iron fist with a 10 foot pole

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I liked Danny in his lcs2 appearance than any of IF or Defenders.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Luke Cage season 2 was great.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I enjoyed Luke Cage Season Two quite a bit but I thought the music choices in Season One were far better personally.

And despite Defenders being largely crap I'm not sure there was anything as good as the Run The Jewels sequence holy poo poo that was the most perfect song choice and seeing the baby spark of Power Man/Iron Fist happening was something else.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

DrNutt posted:

I enjoyed Luke Cage Season Two quite a bit but I thought the music choices in Season One were far better personally.

I agree but season 2 still had good music

I don't think Raphael Saddiq had one song in this latest session :(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

DrNutt posted:

And despite Defenders being largely crap I'm not sure there was anything as good as the Run The Jewels sequence holy poo poo that was the most perfect song choice and seeing the baby spark of Power Man/Iron Fist happening was something else.

See I barely remember that sequence, but the Protect Ya Neck sequence is the stupidest poo poo I've ever seen and it's gonna be burned in my brain forever.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Lurdiak posted:

See I barely remember that sequence, but the Protect Ya Neck sequence is the stupidest poo poo I've ever seen and it's gonna be burned in my brain forever.

It's really, really bad.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Which one was this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Zerilan posted:

Which one was this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzkatTqb408

:allears: