Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Got some audio supplies for the office, too:

Schiit Fulla 2 DAC/amp combo:

Sennheiser x Massdrop HD 58X headphones:

Super super happy with these. I'm glad I have a pair to leave at home and at the office so I can take these around with me. They sound great coming from my phone, and goosing it with the amp at the office is great for drowning out the open working space. Probably my favorite deal in headphones since they're "only" $150.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Ms Boods posted:

I saw 2001 at the London IMAX last month -- it was fabulous -- I hope you enjoy it loads!!

Should I drop acid during the intermission?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Why the gently caress can't I find any showtimes near me

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Probably unnecessary, but hell go for it. Maybe even as intended.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

At MSRP so RIP my wallet and also nuts when the lady finds out

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
You paid MSRP for a car? Like the sticker price?

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Coffee And Pie posted:

It takes about 30 minutes to fully kick in so you probably want to adjust accordingly. For best effect you should drop as you leave for the theater and by the time you are in your seat for the beginning of the movie it hits you. About 1-1.5 hours in is the peak so you will be fully engaged with the movie for the last half.

I have done a lot of research on this subject in my youth.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

SpartanIvy posted:

*Extremely Narrator Voice* he did.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Um according to the new owner manual, I'm supposed to say,

"It's not a car. It is an M Series"

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Lots of dealers are charging 10k overs on M2 comp so that’s a legit good deal. He could drive it home and probably make a few grand just flipping it.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Bape Culture posted:

Lots of dealers are charging 10k overs on M2 comp so that’s a legit good deal. He could drive it home and probably make a few grand just flipping it.

That's a little extreme don't you think? It would be really dangerous plus I think it would be insurance fraud. He should just drive it normally.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

At MSRP so RIP my wallet and also nuts when the lady finds out

You bought a BMW at MSRP without telling your partner who, it sounds like, you share finances with?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
We are dating and we don't share finances, I just know that she won't be impressed. Plus we're at a point where I think she'd prefer I I had spent 62 grand on a diamond instead of a car

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

gently caress the haters, do whatever you gotta do if it ends with you driving an M2.

I want to replace my 135 with an M2 so bad but I'll probably wimp out and just go M240.

E: V :3:

Lawen has a new favorite as of 02:20 on Aug 16, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Lmao my girl's name is Lauren and I have a real mild speech impediment so that really means a lot coming from you, Lawen

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

We are dating and we don't share finances, I just know that she won't be impressed. Plus we're at a point where I think she'd prefer I I had spent 62 grand on a diamond instead of a car

Screw that, you can't drive a diamond. Of course with 62k I'd have just bought matching used Corvettes and tried to find a girlfriend who liked racing instead.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
That's a really nice car. But I don't think any car should be worth more than 10K. 20 tops.

They're just things we use to get to and from work and always, always obey the speed limit and rules of the road.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Coffee And Pie posted:

Be quick about it -- the show I was at, the intermission was only about 5 minutes (and the intermission comes long before the stargate sequence, so plan accordingly.) :eng101:

Didn't see your post initially, JEEVES420 -- some good advice there about timing and that.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
No shop shaming here.

BWM can be found here though: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3819120

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aramek posted:

That's a really nice car. But I don't think any car should be worth more than 10K. 20 tops.

They're just things we use to get to and from work and always, always obey the speed limit and rules of the road.

https://i.imgur.com/DG3BokF.gifv

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I hope Jeremy Clarkson's daughters go blind

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

SpartanIvy posted:

Ahh yes, Hank Hill's Special Deal.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you
I bought tickets to go to Disneyland for a week! :toot:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

shipwrek posted:

I bought tickets to go to Disneyland for a week! :toot:

Congratulations to you and RIP to your wallet!

I went earlier this year and it was legitimately amazing. I can't wait to go back.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
Oh yeah! I bought a car too. It's no M series, but I guess it's German. Pretty big upgrade from my POS Chevy Equinox.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Sneeing Emu posted:

Oh yeah! I bought a car too. It's no M series, but I guess it's German. Pretty big upgrade from my POS Chevy Equinox.

I took a photo at a stop light once of an Equinox with the vanity plate that I believe read LUVMYNOX. And this is in Maryland where vanity plates are pretty expensive. And did I mention it was currently on top of a flat bed tow truck?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sneeing Emu posted:

What the hell is this? I legit can't tell if it's a lifted Passat or some sort of new SUV thing

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
did 7 days at a resort + disney world with my gf last week, was definitely worth it

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes

mobby_6kl posted:

What the hell is this? I legit can't tell if it's a lifted Passat or some sort of new SUV thing

It's VW's small SUV, the Tiguan, 2108 model.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

NewFatMike posted:

Sennheiser x Massdrop HD 58X headphones:

Super super happy with these. I'm glad I have a pair to leave at home and at the office so I can take these around with me. They sound great coming from my phone, and goosing it with the amp at the office is great for drowning out the open working space. Probably my favorite deal in headphones since they're "only" $150.
How do they compare to the 580/600/650?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Sneeing Emu posted:

It's VW's small SUV, the Tiguan, 2108 model.

So futuristic

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

I now own an extremely tiny piece of Apollo 11.

I probably paid way too much but I don't care, I like the display case and I'm getting a raise soon.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

$70?! gently caress, I may buy one too. It's tiny, but insanely cool.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I have all the Mini Museums, they’re great. Many a party ends up with people passing them back and forth and reading aloud from the booklets. They were a hit for my kid’s show and tell too.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, that whole site is awesome. I'm thinking about buying my nephew some dinosaur teeth too. Man, I hate it when this thread shows me things I like the day before I get my check.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Jesus that is cool as heck.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Can anyone float me a few hundos? Think I'm gonna get this for my nephew, but I'm a little light at the moment:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Triceratop...9a995%7Ciid%3A1

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Solice Kirsk posted:

Can anyone float me a few hundos? Think I'm gonna get this for my nephew, but I'm a little light at the moment:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Triceratop...9a995%7Ciid%3A1

I like that the photos look like he was cleaning out his attic and found it. "eh, I will toss it on Ebay and see what I can get"

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Argyle posted:

I probably paid way too much but I don't care, I like the display case and I'm getting a raise soon.

Well looks like my christmas shopping for my dad is done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knows a black guy
Jun 18, 2005

Argyle posted:

Awesome! The rest of the Apollo 11 command module is at the St Louis Science Center for the time being. We were in town so I dragged my wife and kids along to see it last week.