Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

thomas frank also has the best understanding of what makes neolib turds tick and wow are the people steering the ship getting high on their own farts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Feldegast42 posted:

- Communists and tankies hate religion since they view it as the opiate of the masses

Well there is one sub faction of them who have a slightly different view.....

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/gayhobbes/status/1030263156541739009

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1030263889206943744?s=19

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Percelus posted:

our ruling class is such an exceptional breed of arrogant incompetent that the playbook for venting tension in capitalism was written by fdr but instead of hitting a tried and true reset button that would continue to let them reap the vast majority of society's bounty they're going with the louis XVI playbook

it's a society-wide prisoners dilemma none of them want to be on the losing side of. this poo poo is baked into capitalism, they're not going to do anything on their own, they need to be forced either legally or violently

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

That’s the lady? Weird. KM was going off in DND about how she didn’t believe her accusation because she was white..

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Gunshow Poophole posted:

my liberal jewish friends have been on a trip of saying the nominal American capital-L Left is anti-semitic because institutions like the DSA don' tmention Jewish people ENOUGH

like, every press release isn't about Jewish people so... therefore anti-semitism. Someone got REAL salty about hte charlottesville statement only mentioning anti-semitism once.

DSA never mentions chinese people ever so they must be sinophobic

Oh wait

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

let me stop you right there

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I’m addicted to those spicy takes.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The good news is I found out in D&D today that "AOC's endorsement is the kiss of death" is a bullshit right-wing take that nobody in the Democratic Party actually believes

so I guess it's actually just a donut-twitter take rather than a widespread baddem take

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

It’s a good forum to read as an insight into what a certain type of left-leaning lib thinks.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

The Kingfish posted:

It’s a good forum to read as an insight into what a certain type of left-leaning lib thinks.

i'd rather read huffpo headlines than what the brokebrains that take huffpo seriously post

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

The Kingfish posted:

hard pass

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

even if keith didn't do it, he's still trash, gently caress him, we all deserve better

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I haven't been to D&D for about a year and i have never been as mentally stable as i am now. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I'm not going to test it.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

forbidden dialectics posted:

even if keith didn't do it, he's still trash, gently caress him, we all deserve better

this is a weird take

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

OmanyteJackson posted:

I haven't been to D&D for about a year and i have never been as mentally stable as i am now. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I'm not going to test it.

have you stopped watching popular media because it's all dnd these days

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

The Kingfish posted:

C-Spam is the forum to read as an insight into what another certain type of left-leaning lib thinks. Owned

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Algund Eenboom posted:

C-Spam is the forum to read as an insight into what another certain type of left-leaning lib thinks. Owned

yeah it’s why we keep you around

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I'm still inclined to believe Keith, if only because he doesn't strike me as the kind of politician to dig a deeper hole. But I might just be projecting.

quote:

Ellison spoke to CBS Minnesota about the allegations.

"I'm mortified, absolutely stunned that she would say this," he said.

When asked if he ever dragged Monahan, Ellison said "no, absolutely not."

He also said there "couldn't be such a thing" as a video "because I never did that."

Maybe Keith is a sexpest, maybe he just has bad breakups. Wish I could be objective in my assessment.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Soup du Jour posted:

this is a weird take

Why? He has some garbage-tier opinions, especially WRT law enforcement. Is this really the guy we want to fall on the sword for? I'm sure everyone has had a bad breakup before but I am definitely in the "believe women" camp when it comes to allegations of abuse. She might be a bit off her rocker, and possibly has bad political intentions, but abuse is inexcusable in any context.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Keith's district is super left so he can easily be replaced by another progressive

no reason to obsess over him specifically

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Lenin wasn't a sexpest. Lenin was instrumental in mobilizing women to join the workforce and equalizing their status in Russia.

Be more like Lenin.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Lenin wasn't a sexpest. Lenin was instrumental in mobilizing women to join the workforce and equalizing their status in Russia.

Be more like Lenin.

Also expanding the Chekists into the NKVD. But no need to do everything the same.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Feldegast42 posted:

- Communists and tankies hate religion since they view it as the opiate of the masses

There's no hate. the marxist critique of religion comes from a place of deep sympathy, and that sets it a galaxy apart from the modern internet antitheism movement

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

Keith's district is super left so he can easily be replaced by another progressive

He already has been, Ilhan Omar, who made Laura loomer melt the gently caress down on Twitter mearly by existing

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Why? He has some garbage-tier opinions, especially WRT law enforcement. Is this really the guy we want to fall on the sword for? I'm sure everyone has had a bad breakup before but I am definitely in the "believe women" camp when it comes to allegations of abuse. She might be a bit off her rocker, and possibly has bad political intentions, but abuse is inexcusable in any context.

“he has some garbage-tier opinions” does not sound like “he needs to get thrown in the trash” especially since that post was positing his innocence. sounds like you just want an excuse to be rid of him. I hated his blue lives matter vote too but c’mon here

and he’s already been replaced by someone more progressive in his seat now who kicks a ton of rear end

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

well now hes the nominee for mn AG

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Soup du Jour posted:

“he has some garbage-tier opinions” does not sound like “he needs to get thrown in the trash” especially since that post was positing his innocence. sounds like you just want an excuse to be rid of him. I hated his blue lives matter vote too but c’mon here

and he’s already been replaced by someone more progressive in his seat now who kicks a ton of rear end

You're right, he's now he's trying to become a goddamn cop.

ACAB my dude

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the marxist critique of religion is that the bougioise state uses it a another form of bread and circus to distract the proletariat and in the case of American prosperity gospel, to directly propagandize against class solidarity

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

You're right, he's now he's trying to become a goddamn cop.

ACAB my dude

check out mr galaxy brain over here

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Soup du Jour posted:

check out mr galaxy brain over here

welcome 2 tha succ zone my good dude

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

if we're going to poo poo on kamala for being a cop then it goes double for keith since its a life he arbitrarily is choosing

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

if we're going to poo poo on kamala for being a cop then it goes double for keith since its a life he arbitrarily is choosing

agree, this is the quiet part loud about Keith that shouldn't be allowed to skate

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Maybe he will do a good job and enact meaningful reform??

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

The Kingfish posted:

Maybe he will do a good job and enact meaningful reform??

There's that word again

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humans_Being

quote:

"Humans Being", which was written with Alex as Sammy wrote a ballad with Eddie, "Between Us Two", was originally named by the singer as "The Silent Extreme" but Alex eventually gave it the new title. The song's lyrics proved a major source of contention. Alex called the film's director, Jan De Bont, to ask him how closely he wanted the lyrics to be related to the movie's context, to which De Bont replied "Oh, please don't write about tornadoes. I don't want this to be a narrative for the movie." Hagar obliged, and then asked De Bont for some footage of Twister. Considering that film dealt with "the infatuation people have with fear and how it can suck you in", he decided to write lyrics about how "sometimes you're afraid to fall in love with a chick, but she sucks you in anyway." De Bont and Budd Carr also sent Hagar a folder with terms used by storm chasers as the singer felt he could add lyrics with terms such as "suck zone". The brothers still disliked Hagar's first lyrics ("Sky turning black/knuckles turning white/headed for the suck zone"), and he had to come up with new ones.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

do you have opinions on krasner

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014