Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Ms Blake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
post the John mulaney thing

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if you're comparing the badness of two things, and you won't even say one of the bad things, thats the worse thing

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

if you're comparing the badness of two things, and you won't even say one of the bad things, thats the worse thing

To be fair they aren’t really comparing. They just want to join the club really badly.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

??? People already call poly people most of those things. As a poly person, I don't get angry, because why the gently caress do I care if people call me a slut? I'm more worried about the president trying to legislate away my rights to not be turned away by doctors for being trans/queer.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

There needs to be a lecture circuit or series of youtube videos dedicated to how to be politically active about thing you care about without losing all sense of perspective. Something like People can be less than fair to you without it being the same level of persecution endured by a group you can't even spell out the slur for.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Why do so many white people want to be oppressed when they're not.

It isn't cool or fun, guys.

They're like the kids who see another kid get hurt and get jealous of the attention received so they fake their own injury to get attention too.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean something's gotta explain why everyone's suddenly being transgender and having peanut and gluten allergies right?

Everybody's gotta get in on the latest hip trend :rolleye:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

They're like the kids who see another kid get hurt and get jealous of the attention received so they fake their own injury to get attention too.

Because of they're oppressed then their sad, failed lives are their oppressors' fault. If they're the ones who have the best shot and they still gently caress it up, there's no one to blame but themselves. And that's just a nonstarter.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

there wolf posted:

There needs to be a lecture circuit or series of youtube videos dedicated to how to be politically active about thing you care about without losing all sense of perspective. Something like People can be less than fair to you without it being the same level of persecution endured by a group you can't even spell out the slur for.

I'm going through her twitter and she seems to rely on this subject constantly for self-righteous anger. The amount or type of people you gently caress is the least interesting thing about you in almost all cases.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Munchausen Syndrome by ... dammit, I really can’t make this funny.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

cash crab posted:

I'm going through her twitter and she seems to rely on this subject constantly for self-righteous anger. The amount or type of people you gently caress is the least interesting thing about you in almost all cases.

People like to be militant when they get to setup the conflict themselves. I know poly stuff can be an issue with child custody, and there's probably some cases where people experienced actual prejudice along those lines, but something tells me if you lose visitation rights because the judge doesn't like you having two boyfriends you aren't going to be asking what slur people are going to call you off in the future time when you're really being discriminated against.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Picnic Princess posted:

It's because they see poo poo like Affirmative Action and LGBTQ safe spaces other such programs/services for the disenfranchised and want in on those things not realizing the entire reason they even exist is because life is systematically lovely for such people.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

There's a lot of reasons us white guys like to pretend we're oppressed, and the biggest is the just world fallacy.

We need to believe the world is a perfectly level playing field, that every single one of our accomplishments is ours and ours alone and every failure someone else has is entirely their own fault.

And we have to believe it, think of the alternative.
The job we have? We got it because we worked hard and earned it, we certainly didn't get it because a more qualified black man was rejected because the name on his resume was just a little too "urban".
The promotion? Entirely our own doing, certainly not because the fellow white guy who runs the place doesn't want a woman in position of authority over other men.

It feels good succeeding entirely on our own merits, not because of some advantage provided by an in just society.
But you know what feels even better? Succeeding as the underdog.

Getting a job is good, but getting a job as a white guy in a world of affirmative action and diversity hiring quotas is amazing.

And the best part of being the star of your own underdog story? You get all the feel good accomplishments without all that pesky oppression.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Here we see an American get roasted for a completely and utterly reasonable complaint about Vietnamese coffee. Not censored because the video has over 4 million views.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Picnic Princess posted:

Here we see an American get roasted for a completely and utterly reasonable complaint about Vietnamese coffee. Not censored because the video has over 4 million views.

I see what you did there

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

goatsestretchgoals posted:

From the replies:

https://twitter.com/creepinpeepin/status/1029871585103175681

E: Someone who isn't phoneposting should probably screenshot that.

I got you, friend.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

What's the video about? Can you post it?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I got you, friend.

o/\o

Legit surprised she hasn't deleted it yet.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

grittyreboot posted:

What's the video about? Can you post it?

6 best coffee shops in Hanoi, it's Buzzfeed I think. I lost it, it only showed up because a friend was tagged in a comment since she's in Vietnam right now.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

o/\o

Legit surprised she hasn't deleted it yet.

Looking through their timelines, I found this retweeted:

https://twitter.com/girl4_trump/status/1030235301254451200

Leave it to the Trumpbots to know their priorities.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Leave it to the Trumpbots to know their priorities.

https://twitter.com/andizeisler/status/1030128022068719617

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/BAKKOOONN/status/1030225380278296577

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

There's a lot going on there.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Have to punch the nazi furs extra hard because they have padding.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Have to punch the nazi furs extra hard because they have padding.

It's the Wolfenstein super human soldiers but on a lower budget.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

It's the Wolfenstein super human soldiers but on a lower budget.

Wolfurstein.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Picnic Princess posted:

Being a member of an oppressed group gets you out of referred responsibility for the poo poo in the world. If you grew up affluent, or even just suburban working class, your pleasant and safe childhood was built on the backs of the underclass. The higher your privilege score, the greater your shame, and the less valid your experiences.

Borrowing oppression is an easy, hassle-free way to get that privilege score down. :feelsgood: You get support from others for your supposed suffering. And if someone actually insults you for it, golly, now you really are oppressed and completely equal with the people the world has been making GBS threads on since the day they were born.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mak0rz posted:

It's because they see poo poo like Affirmative Action and LGBTQ safe spaces other such programs/services for the disenfranchised and want in on those things not realizing the entire reason they even exist is because life is systematically lovely for such people.

Yeah. It's fun to be a tourist to oppression. But marginalized groups are slaves to it.

It's partially why white people lost their poo poo over Sarah Jeong joining the NYT editorial board because she said mean things about white people once, when the rest of their editors have been calling for continued oppression of minority groups without a peep from them.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Facebook Aunt posted:

Being a member of an oppressed group gets you out of referred responsibility for the poo poo in the world. If you grew up affluent, or even just suburban working class, your pleasant and safe childhood was built on the backs of the underclass. The higher your privilege score, the greater your shame, and the less valid your experiences.

Borrowing oppression is an easy, hassle-free way to get that privilege score down. :feelsgood: You get support from others for your supposed suffering. And if someone actually insults you for it, golly, now you really are oppressed and completely equal with the people the world has been making GBS threads on since the day they were born.

I checked my privilege score and it says I'm not privileged. I figured clicking white and male would automatically make me privileged. What the gently caress? Test was rigged.

Edit: this isn't a joke I was genuinely curious if a privilege score was a thing so I went and found one and it had me answer like 100 questions and it said I'm not privileged. I feel pretty privileged tho.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Untrustable posted:

I checked my privilege score and it says I'm not privileged. I figured clicking white and male would automatically make me privileged. What the gently caress? Test was rigged.

Edit: this isn't a joke I was genuinely curious if a privilege score was a thing so I went and found one and it had me answer like 100 questions and it said I'm not privileged. I feel pretty privileged tho.

I was curious, so I took the buzzfeed test. 41/100: not privileged. Cool.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Zipperelli. posted:

I was curious, so I took the buzzfeed test. 41/100: not privileged. Cool.

That seemed like a weird quiz, of course any job I (could) have is accommodating to my religion because I don't have one and I would never talk about my lack of one. Same goes for every other religious question. Also things like "My parents pay some/all of the bills" can have double meaning if you're disabled, or if your whole family is below the poverty line and have to live together.

Eh, maybe I'm overthinking a buzz feed quiz meant to be sent between white college students.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i know it's BuzzFeed but man that quiz is garbage

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

heh.

e: this is the first time I've looked at somebody's twitter feed because they defended bitcoins and it wasn't 90% bitcoin posts...
Oh my god it's possible he just hates cars enough to barge in to people's mentions and isn't actually drawn there to fight about cryptocurrency. :eyepop:

Count Uvula has a new favorite as of 11:41 on Aug 17, 2018

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

:iiaca:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Count Uvula posted:

heh.

e: this is the first time I've looked at somebody's twitter feed because they defended bitcoins and it wasn't 90% bitcoin posts...
Oh my god it's possible he just hates cars enough to barge in to people's mentions and isn't actually drawn there to fight about cryptocurrency. :eyepop:

Sounds like he hates all forms of transport. Abolish roads!

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/deanobeidallah/status/1030419625799020544?s=21

I mean regular media, but still

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Eating a taco is like annexing part of Flavourtown.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
white people can only have tacos from Chipotle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I now understand why Taco Bell got rid of cantina tacos