Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

SCORE

the quake 2 railgun is on sale in the store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

PEWbwaaaA

PEWbwaaaA

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

We Know Catheters posted:

I decided to try this out today and it seems like that was a bad idea. Why has something as small as the cursor not being visible in full screen been addressed? The game wants you to create an account but the Bethesda site doesn't even work. I can see why there's so many negative reviews if they can't even fix minor problems.

I'm in full screen and I see my cursor lol

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
the hardest part of getting this game working was manually typing "quake" into steam's store search and finding the one that was free

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Anyone speak Russian? This guy was eerily prescient, like he was walling. A few times he would go for a rail literally right as I entered his LoS going for rockets when he was near the LG, or just find me immediately when I was hiding quietly without any weapon out that makes a noise.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
He was using visor for some of those rounds.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

My russian is terrible but I think he’s just cussing at you. Honestly his rail being 30% doesn’t feel off. That’s like normal accuracy isn’t it? I think he’s probably just a rail guy and ran to it because he can’t use the other weapons as proficiently.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Yeah one of those characters literally has a wallhack active ability.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Anyone speak Russian? This guy was eerily prescient, like he was walling. A few times he would go for a rail literally right as I entered his LoS going for rockets when he was near the LG, or just find me immediately when I was hiding quietly without any weapon out that makes a noise.

not a russian speaker but looks like it's "hosed loving arcade game" or something like that

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Mindblast posted:

Yeah one of those characters literally has a wallhack active ability.

the creepy russian man that crunches a rectangle into his face is very good

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Thief posted:

the creepy russian man that crunches a rectangle into his face is very good

He's absolutely on my list of characters to play a ton in the future. But I only recently started and I have a lot of rust to scrape off, so for the moment I'm sticking to Ranger due to the versatility of his active. Besides mobility, surprising people with the instant kill of a telefrag never stops being satisfying. No amount of defense can stop it.

I need a button specifically to mute my guy, though. Yes you're deranged and are thirsty for a slipgate. Shut the gently caress up, god. :byodood:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Mindblast posted:

I need a button specifically to mute my guy, though. Yes you're deranged and are thirsty for a slipgate. Shut the gently caress up, god. :byodood:

i believe that's literally one of the doom guy's passive "abilities" :lol:

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Thief posted:

Correct!

I dunno I hated to the constant smart rear end remarks of the characters but i don't mind so much now. For every instance it blocks something you wanted to hear it's a good audio que on what's going on at other times. Plus is fun if you're stoned.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
i had a win against a guy who couldn't aim for poo poo, didn't know how to strafejump or time items yet knew where i was every second of the match. i even popped visor's ability and watched his BJ tracking me through the wall. i thought "wow this guy has extremely suspicious gamesense for a beginner"...

...then i remembered how loving loud visor's movement is.

not that there aren't plenty of people using hacks ofc, it's just i haven't personally run into any obvious cheaters yet.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Thief posted:

It is! He was part of the free rotation until a few days ago. That only underlined how nice it is. It also showcased how useful it is to not constantly tell your opponents how much hp you have left, roughly.

e:

Jose Mengelez posted:

i had a win against a guy who couldn't aim for poo poo, didn't know how to strafejump or time items yet knew where i was every second of the match. i even popped visor's ability and watched his BJ tracking me through the wall. i thought "wow this guy has extremely suspicious gamesense for a beginner"...

not that there aren't plenty of people using hacks ofc, it's just i haven't personally run into any obvious cheaters yet.

In Q3 and Live you can practically have a wallhack if you focus on the simple stereo sound system to triangulate positions. Still didn't stop people from believing you were hacking.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I KNOW A GOOD SLIPGATE TO SHOVE YOU IN

And the classic

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Jose Mengelez posted:

Most people have lovely sound. AKA onboard audio with some crappy gamer brand headphones and then have the music on.

Then there is external DAC + good heaphones with music off.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

GUI posted:

I KNOW A GOOD SLIPGATE TO SHOVE YOU IN

And the classic

That is the best one. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell the death knight says for one of his.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

MysteriousStranger posted:

That is the best one. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell the death knight says for one of his.

I swear one of death knight's things he says "Its in San Dimas!" (California)

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

I swear one of death knight's things he says "Its in San Dimas!" (California)

That's the one I'm talking about. "is instant demons" I think?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
It's "Incendimus!"

Here's the isolated audio file without any noises etc.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

That's the one I'm talking about. "is instant demons" I think?

Haha, instant demons is pretty good.

The Kins posted:

It's "Incendimus!"

Here's the isolated audio file without any noises etc.

Oooooh.

No, Death Knight, its levio-saaah.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Jabor posted:

He was using visor for some of those rounds.

Ofc, but he was playing BJ when I started thinking 'hmmmm...'

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
They ran a quick, quick trailer (repeatedly) on the official Twitch stream, announcing a remake of The Longest Yard, aka Q3DM17.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Dumb but good for casuals I guess

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

give me a mode with 20 people on a 1v1 map :D

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

cougar cub posted:

Dumb but good for casuals I guess

PM much now bring back The Edge and then some Quake World maps. We already have a Q3 map.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
If Twitter polls are legally binding, then at least one Quake 2 CTF map is coming back alongside that game mode.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

The Kins posted:

If Twitter polls are legally binding, then at least one Quake 2 CTF map is coming back alongside that game mode.

I know this might sound odd but I only really played 1v1/tdm/dm ;P

EDIT.. I did play some Team Fortress in Quake 1, but I didn't inhale.

Double EDIT: The SO is out Sunday helping her friends do things so I will be down for games on Discord with coms most of that day.

MysteriousStranger fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 17, 2018

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

boar guy posted:

give me a mode with 20 people on a 1v1 map :D

they already hosed up tdm/ffa by adding blood run, corrupted keep, awoken, molten falls, and vale of peanut to the map pool. if you can't time items or hold shift for three seconds once in a while, try playing them there. you won't have to worry about map strategy or prediction at all!

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

ndub posted:

they already hosed up tdm/ffa by adding blood run, corrupted keep, awoken, molten falls, and vale of peanut to the map pool. if you can't time items or hold shift for three seconds once in a while, try playing them there. you won't have to worry about map strategy or prediction at all!
Don't agree on Molten Falls.

Outside of that, everyone votes for those for that exact reason now. It's also why everyone bitches about Death Knight now. His passives are poo poo, and on normal TDM maps or 1v1 his active isn't that lethal. But put 8 people in a 1v1 or 2v2 map and you spam the ever loving poo poo out of it and always hit something.

Also what time zones and regions is everyone in? We've got enough in this thread and several of us own the game that we could kick off some custom games at 4v4 or run a mini duel among us.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

im pst

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

After reading the thread it seems I should appreciate DoomGuy more. I love LOVE using my Guy Gardner colored BJ Blazko. Plus I absolutely dig just dual wielding super shotties and lightning guns to demolish fools.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

The Kins posted:

They ran a quick, quick trailer (repeatedly) on the official Twitch stream, announcing a remake of The Longest Yard, aka Q3DM17.

Ok so now all they need to do is give me Orbb and I'm happy forever.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Jiro posted:

After reading the thread it seems I should appreciate DoomGuy more. I love LOVE using my Guy Gardner colored BJ Blazko. Plus I absolutely dig just dual wielding super shotties and lightning guns to demolish fools.

The tier list now is as such

1. God Tier auto ban voted : Clutch
2. Tier Raw damage 1: BJ
3. Tier 3 Support cheat ability: Visor Galena
4. Tier 4: Utility: ranger

Everything else is a long distant shot. Though dahang has managed to put Strogg up there.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The Kins posted:

:dance:

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

So aren’t we supposed to see slipgate in pts very soon? For some reason I remember interpreting dev updates as slipgate being more ready than ctf right now.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Most people have lovely sound. AKA onboard audio with some crappy gamer brand headphones and then have the music on.

Then there is external DAC + good heaphones with music off.

I'm using cloud II's with the lovely little hrtf dongle they come with and even i can tell where every scalebearer on the map is.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Social Animal posted:

So aren’t we supposed to see slipgate in pts very soon? For some reason I remember interpreting dev updates as slipgate being more ready than ctf right now.

4 new modes will be shown at Pax West, including ones they've announced but in the community stream they implied that there is another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I tried HRTF and it sounded like I put my head underwater. It was terrible