Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

So if Lefty is actually Davy Jones’s hand then I can’t help but wonder if PJ is a deceased member of the Jones family as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
PJ(ones)

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

It's never been mentioned exactly how long PJ's been dead, which is why I'd put betting money on 13 years, despite that being a long time for a ghost to stay as lucid as PJ is.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

PetraCore posted:

It's never been mentioned exactly how long PJ's been dead, which is why I'd put betting money on 13 years, despite that being a long time for a ghost to stay as lucid as PJ is.

I gotta think between Lefty and Hissin' Pete, PJ's pretty well protected and able to hide.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I got the impression PJ sometimes used old timey talk, but he also calls Max dude in chapter 1 so now I'm not sure

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

"Dude" is old-timey now. I challenge you to deny it.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Trebuchet King posted:

So if Lefty is actually Davy Jones’s hand then I can’t help but wonder if PJ is a deceased member of the Jones family as well.

Splicer posted:

PJ(ones)

Holy poo poo that’s actually pretty plausible.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

Team Refrigerator Reminder continues to be a very healthy relationship.

It looks like they GOT SOME DANG EGGS fulla friendship and support

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

If he's 12-13ish years dead and lefty is Davy's hand, prolly all ties into the event

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

I think the biggest question is if a Vampire's... ghost hand is still considered a Vampire, because if yes then Lefty came into the school without an explicit invitation on this page, so it can't be Davey's. Unless a dead Vampire doesn't follow Vampire rules...

:thunk:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

what if he lost the hand then turned into a vampire so he wouldn't die from no-hand disease

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Patware posted:

what if he lost the hand then turned into a vampire so he wouldn't die from no-hand disease

The Artist's Friend, they called it. Hands kept popping off, disappearing off the canvas in a blink of an eye. So horrible that we shall forevermore hide our mother-loving-hard-to-draw hands. Amen.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Is Zack left handed :ohdear:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don;t think the question makes sense. how can you have hands... without any wrists

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Lefty is just a Stranger, don't look too much into it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
With the almost-confirmation of Ghost Grandpa, I have to wonder if the secret to his ghostly longevity is consuming spirits, in a reversal of the manner that spirits apparently consume ghosts to heal from being tools. Is that why he has first refusal on any red ones? Since, as this page mentions, Gorf won't consume PJ due to colour misalignment.

It also explains his disgust at Isabel's palling around with them, to him it would be like naming and befriending a lamb destined for slaughter. And also what his eventual "plan" for the book she lost was.

Also yes Lefty's cuff looks plenty fancy and piratical to me. If PJ is a Jones, maybe Davy cut off his hand to give him a guardian and keep him around? That's pretty hardcore of him. Hell, with Davy being a local business owner and Max living in a shop, Max's dad could've outright bought his house from Davy.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 20, 2018

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
chapter plots resolving? character growth?? i think we got ourselves an end of chapter, folks!!!

Fecha fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 21, 2018

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Super hosed up that he internalizes (presumably) his spirit’s interference with his powers (e.g. the involuntary powered-up attack) as his own mistake. :smith:

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Good av/post combo.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

This is the most cathartic thing that's happened in this comic.

Podima posted:

Super hosed up that he internalizes (presumably) his spirit’s interference with his powers (e.g. the involuntary powered-up attack) as his own mistake. :smith:

I get the impression that he may not even know the spirit's stepping in.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

aegof posted:

I get the impression that he may not even know the spirit's stepping in.

He almost certainly doesn't, judging by last time it happened. Stormy's a fuckstick.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I really hope storm dog gets punked by someone bigger than him someday

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
honestly im in agreement w the info quarantine around isaac now at this point considering how much of an rear end in a top hat storm dog is

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

RandallODim posted:

It's been implied that he's possessing Isaac because he already got punked by Spender.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Roland Jones posted:

It's been implied that he's possessing Isaac because he already got punked by Spender.

Well, yes, duh.

I want him to get et.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

RandallODim posted:

Well, yes, duh.

I want him to get et.

Fair. Still, getting beaten by Spender, and then stuck in one of Spender's students and thus having to be around him all the time, probably really sucks though. The King isn't allowed to forget his humiliation, and given his pride and focus on strength and stuff, it's probably already close to Hell for him.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Tollymain posted:

honestly im in agreement w the info quarantine around isaac now at this point considering how much of an rear end in a top hat storm dog is
Yeah but I wish there was some way to like... tell that to Isaac, basically that he's not at fault and any information that is getting with-held is because of his spirit and is thus hopefully a... temporary state?

IDK he blames it all on what happened with Dmitri which then reinforces his self-hatred but that's not it at all.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

RandallODim posted:

And I hope that bigger something is Issac after he gets his poo poo together

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
:( the poor anime boy. He needs a hug.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

PetraCore posted:

Yeah but I wish there was some way to like... tell that to Isaac, basically that he's not at fault and any information that is getting with-held is because of his spirit and is thus hopefully a... temporary state?

IDK he blames it all on what happened with Dmitri which then reinforces his self-hatred but that's not it at all.

alright I think what they gotta do is

find an anime or manga or whatever that has a character in a similar situation, that Isaac has seen and is very familiar with but hasn't re-read since getting possessed, then obliquely refer to said character with a tinsy little wink-wink nudge nudge (while warning him not to reread it)

thus Isaac can infer that the character's situation mirrors his own, while storm dog is completely in the dark

it's so SIMPLE

e; hold up this is straight up Harry Potter's angst in the fifth book, cause of his mental connection to Voldemort meaning he couldn't be trusted with certain info, so there you go

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Would it even be bad if they just straight up told Isaac that they aren't telling him things because they don't trust his spirit?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i certainly dont think the spirit is fooled as to why theyre keeping isaac in the dark yeah

anyway i figured something like this was why isaac looked like he did here and the page before http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-254

also i just want to take a moment to appreciate this moment here

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

WrightOfWay posted:

Would it even be bad if they just straight up told Isaac that they aren't telling him things because they don't trust his spirit?

Yeah I think Spender's just obtuse about Isaac thinking it's because of what he did to Dimitri and how much guilt he harbors.

Because he is a bad teacher.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
i, too, have huge weirdlord energy

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Tollymain posted:

i certainly dont think the spirit is fooled as to why theyre keeping isaac in the dark yeah

anyway i figured something like this was why isaac looked like he did here and the page before http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-254

also i just want to take a moment to appreciate this moment here

I had missed before that the only people flipping out when Dimitri did his The Thing impression were Hijack and Max; everyone else had seen him use his powers before.

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 22, 2018

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I don't think the accident happened because his spirit upped his powers randomly. Isaac probably was just reckless because he has a temper.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

There's definitely more to that story than we know, if only because no one's actually explained what actually happened yet.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I definitely think it's probable that Isaac was actually reckless to a degree that would be normally fine but not with his powers, since the incident is the main reason he works so hard on self-control these days. Like idk maybe he realized he had anger issues before then but it's easier to brush off until you can shoot lightning, right?

There's a ton we don't know... such as the fact that it's said earlier that Dmitri went through getting his powers alone and kinda flipped his nuts, but he was an established part of the club when Isaac joined so idk how Isaac knew that. Unless Isaac is the person who kinda flipped his nuts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Hypocrisy posted:

I don't think the accident happened because his spirit upped his powers randomly. Isaac probably was just reckless because he has a temper.

Pretty definitely not, I'd say. Isaac was hoping for a tiny spark, and post-shot, storm god jacked up the power as high as he could. Isaac had no way of controlling that.