Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Quick question guys:

1. So does that mean I have to roll my rank over in order to not have my poo poo reset?
2. What is the masterwork they're talking about? Is there some item you get?
3. How to check my valor rank and/or find out if I got the masterwork without turning this dumb game on?

It's the masterwork for the Solstice armor. If you get most of the way done in Season 3 but don't finish it, your progress will reset for Season 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Quick question guys:

1. So does that mean I have to roll my rank over in order to not have my poo poo reset?
2. What is the masterwork they're talking about? Is there some item you get?
3. How to check my valor rank and/or find out if I got the masterwork without turning this dumb game on?

1. Youll have to ligma
2. The armor
3. App?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The masterwork is the Solstice leg armor. Find it in the app and its progress shows up in details.

I hit legend in an IB game, but it hasn't popped for me. I bet I have to play a QP match for the game to notice. :bungie:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm actually only need to do the NF, 3 wins, redux missions and I'm done with the masterwork armor. The super kills were by far the shittiest parts. I'm glad I looked to see I need to masterwork by doing a bonus objective and not just slapping a core in though, goddamn.

Luckily I've been working from home and had time to gently caress around! I'm still not buying this dumbass t-shirt.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

haveblue posted:

The masterwork is the Solstice leg armor. Find it in the app and its progress shows up in details.

I hit legend in an IB game, but it hasn't popped for me. I bet I have to play a QP match for the game to notice. :bungie:

You have to get all the way through Legend.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah its real dumb. It says max rank reached but tou need to finish that rank to actually get it.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Even if Bungie had and delivered a clear answer, there's a high chance it doesn't even work the way they intended!

Just shoot the guns

I am not playing Destiny at the moment, but 90% sure it will come with the bug of "zoning to other area sometimes lost the effect" / 10% is the effect stacking multiple times making people unkillable.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Tei posted:

I am not playing Destiny at the moment, but 90% sure it will come with the bug of "zoning to other area sometimes lost the effect" / 10% is the effect stacking multiple times making people unkillable.

Even max resilience is only 5hp over 5 resilience. So even if it does stack its not a huge deal.

Still seems like a pretty stupid perk

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Okay so I'm mythic in valor but I haven't done the solstice bullshit, I can safely just not do anything because who gives a poo poo about armor, right?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Maker Of Shoes posted:

You have to get all the way through Legend.

BlindSite posted:

Yeah its real dumb. It says max rank reached but tou need to finish that rank to actually get it.

I've done that too by now and still no completion.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I always go till completion

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

Okay so I'm mythic in valor but I haven't done the solstice bullshit, I can safely just not do anything because who gives a poo poo about armor, right?

Yes. The armor is ugly and it will quickly be outclassed in the expansion. I got my set and it was a waste of time.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Last_Taste posted:

Yes. The armor is ugly and it will quickly be outclassed in the expansion. I got my set and it was a waste of time.

Wiser words have not been spoken.

Miss me with that boring poo poo.

However it was the best event ever because of how many thumbless PvE players running 1 resilience and 0 recovery it introduced into PvP.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

yup

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Servitor boss fight where it splits up is dope though

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

With that extra 2hp we are going for a 300kds now.

Also, the metric we are using is KD. None of this weak water assist stuff.

:cmon:

My kapbod is sick

Kills assists play time breathing time orbit time / deaths ratio that is

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

The redux missions are pretty fun, but can be hit or miss. Getting to drive the tank again felt like old school bungie. 1AU sucked, and the Ghaul fight (most of the mission really ) sucked the second time you have to do it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

gently caress soloing that thing at the second difficulty. Telesto got me through it but it still took way too many tries to figure out a winning technique (my successful plan: shoot and run and never stop).

What really pissed me off is the fight triggers as soon as you spawn in so I'd be in my menus choosing different guns and a bunch of rear end in a top hat dregs would murder me. It doesn't matter because there's no penalty for dying but it sucks not having a quiet corner available to rethink your strategy.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Last_Taste posted:

The redux missions are pretty fun, but can be hit or miss. Getting to drive the tank again felt like old school bungie. 1AU sucked, and the Ghaul fight (most of the mission really ) sucked the second time you have to do it.

Second Ghaul is when I gave up on the armor because I got booted to orbit after crawling my way all the way to the Ghaul fight. :fuckoff:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The armor being 400pl will help for the next two weeks with whisper of the worm and.. uhm not sure what else. All that insane grind to get the armor on two characters, and then the first blues we get in forsaken will probably be 415 or some poo poo.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

Second Ghaul is when I gave up on the armor because I got booted to orbit after crawling my way all the way to the Ghaul fight. :fuckoff:

Was it a bug or do you have to not die? I'm about to do the heroic reduxes

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Whisper and EP are the only reasons I got the armor for my titan. I'm half rear end attempting to MW it because what else do I have to do, but I don't think I can make myself grind out any more hours of teamshooting with my graviton lance just for one piece. It's not good when I can get a 9 KD in one match and still be kinda bored.

BADOOM BADOOM BADOOM BADOOM

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've been going for it because it's fun (mostly, pvp and the solar super grind wasn't) and I hadn't played in a while. I'm going to use the armor for EP, Whisper, and probably raiding later since I STILL haven't done either lair.

I still need to buy the expansion but whatever

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I noticed I only had less than a quarter of the mythic rank left so was going to do the few missions to finish it, but you have to go all the way through the last rank to earn the MW? Doesn’t that flip it back over or whatever?

That’s too many matches.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Was it a bug or do you have to not die? I'm about to do the heroic reduxes

Bug, it's just destiny being destiny. The only winning move is to not play.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

haveblue posted:

I've done that too by now and still no completion.

You have to reach 2000 valor, reset your valor, then play 1 more game.

Also, triple valor weekend.

Something funny about ghaul, he doesn't count as a boss kill for the masterwork.

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Aug 17, 2018

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

xzzy posted:

I tried that redux mission once and gave up after the last group of enemies before caydes teleporter wouldn't show up so I couldn't progress

fu bungo

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The bitching about redrix so so choice

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I don't laugh at people who grinded for Redrix, that is reserved for the people who paid for carries

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Roman posted:

I don't laugh at people who grinded for Redrix, that is reserved for the people who paid for carries

Lol, yes

I don't laugh at those who grinded for it, but what the gently caress did anyone expect with forsaken on the way.

Otoh, I don't give a gently caress about redrix or any gun that has "on reload" perks. Not my style

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
death is my reload

:smug:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Maker Of Shoes posted:

death is my reload

:smug:

Goddamn right, also huckleberry forever

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
The armor is ugly but you can get 75 masterwork cores if you complete it on all three chars. The 5 heroic strikes w/clan member is the worst to complete for your cores. The redux missions are really easy with a fireteam BTW.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
5 Heroic Strikes with a clanmate worse than a Prestige Leviathan?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I was just going to do 5 with a friend also doing it who's still in the clan because running around for patrols is more boring.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

What platform are you on again?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PathAsc posted:

What platform are you on again?

PS4. I'm not at the point for the masterwork yet though. We're in the old Big Dumb Space Mans (KINK) clan because we never bothered leaving it after everyone stopped playing. Starblade_15 if you want to add me!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

RBA Starblade posted:

PS4. I'm not at the point for the masterwork yet though. We're in the old Big Dumb Space Mans (KINK) clan because we never bothered leaving it after everyone stopped playing. Starblade_15 if you want to add me!

Can't, bone krew on that real poo poo

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

I’m not sure if we’re in the same dead PS4 clan or not, but if we are I’ll run strikes with you for the MW when you get there since we played a lot on 360 together! PSN is Dongfrenzy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vidmaster posted:

I’m not sure if we’re in the same dead PS4 clan or not, but if we are I’ll run strikes with you for the MW when you get there since we played a lot on 360 together! PSN is Dongfrenzy

I'll hit you up! It's nice not having to form a phalanx so one of us can pause for a minute to use heavy ammo now lmao