Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RCarr posted:

How do I set all free agents to go on waivers in MFL?
First set up Basic add/drop setup (which is where you say what combo of blind bid, waiver requests, and first come/first serve you're using); then schedule your weekly waivers in the schedule setup; then use Blind Bid Waiver Setup to do the rest. By default all FAs should be eligible for waivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Just drafted in my Dynasty Salary Cap League

1.02 Joe Mixon $21
2.08 Sony Michel $8
3.08 Nyheim Hines $4
5.02 Ricky Seals-Jones $1

My team: (not including my picks)

How do I set all free agents to go on waivers in MFL?

Michel falling that far is weird!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sourdough posted:

Michel falling that far is weird!

Yea I was psyched to get him there for $8. I considered drafting him 1.02 before I ended up trading the pick for Mixon.

Leperflesh posted:

First set up Basic add/drop setup (which is where you say what combo of blind bid, waiver requests, and first come/first serve you're using); then schedule your weekly waivers in the schedule setup; then use Blind Bid Waiver Setup to do the rest. By default all FAs should be eligible for waivers.

Right now everyone not on a team is a free agent and able to be added with no FAAB bid. I’ll look into it, thanks for the info!

Edit: I set waivers to process Sunday but all the players are still free agents.

Should I lock all players? I tried that and it still doesn’t let us bid on anyone.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 17, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Tiptoes posted:

Holy poo poo this is Packers new receiver Jake Kumerow. That was him with the Bengals, who he did absolutely nothing with, but now he's with the Packers so that doesn't matter anymore. He's just so goddamn pretty in that picture.

He caught a TD tonight but more than that, he has been impressing Aaron Rodgers.

Others have noticed as well.
https://twitter.com/BobMcGinn/status/1025457062665433088
https://twitter.com/Michael_Cohen13/status/1025423688357826560

Of course Rodgers mentions Allison in there as a pro but it certainly appears that Kumerow has proven himself a cut above the rookies so far which is significant for a dude they picked up off the street. I'm not sold on Allison but I do know I am fading the gently caress out of Randall Cobb though, so I am very tempted by the players he might rely on next. And if you compare their draft profiles (Kumerow, Allison), they're pretty similar. Kumerow is slightly taller (6'5" vs. 6'4") and slightly faster (4.56 forty vs. 4.67, 6.90 3-cone vs 7.40). So Kumerow is behind Allison right now but Allison isn't a sure thing himself and Kumerow might be the better athlete. And when Cobb misses time, they'll both be on the field if Rodgers doesn't trust the youngsters. All of this has got me thinking that if I can't get Allison at a good price, I can get Kumerow at a dirt cheap one and might have a comparable lottery ticket in this offense.
https://twitter.com/TheMozKnowz/status/1030277660944072704
good god :thunk:

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
See? I'm not a crazy person! Aaron Rodgers had good reasons for praising him and I just listened. He's a try-hard player but looks like he's found the right team at the right time to get his chance to make an impact.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Tiptoes posted:

See? I'm not a crazy person! Aaron Rodgers had good reasons for praising him and I just listened. He's a try-hard player but looks like he's found the right team at the right time to get his chance to make an impact.

Counterpoint: The last person Rodgers wanted on his team was Jordy Nelson.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Thanks to talking to Leper for like 2 hours on messenger, I just about have my dynasty settings! Curious of some feedback.

Page: https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/74809

- 12 Teams
- 4 Team Playoffs (copying Leper's goon dynasty league settings)
- 32 Roster Spots, 4 IR, 4 Taxi Squad
- Salary Cap + Contracts
- Year One Auction Draft to assign values and allow teams to build as they want to.
- NFL style Rookie Drafts + Free Agency Auction Drafts
- Cap Space per Team = $1000

quote:

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
2 FLEX
1 Super Flex
1 LB
1 DB
1 DL
2 IDP FLEX

quote:

Scoring Highlights

Passing TDs - 6 pts
Passing INTs - -2
Rushing/Receiving TDs - 6 pts
PPR - 0.5 pts
1st Downs to RB/WR - 0.5 pts
1st Downs to TE - 1 pt
40+ Yard TDs - 7 pts (1 pt bonus + 6 pt TD)

Tackles - 1 pt
Sacks - 4 pt
TFL - 3 pt
INT - 5 pt
Pass Defended - 2 pt
Forced Fumbles - 4 pt
Blocked Kicks - 4 pt

If somebody could double check my MFL scoring settings page, I would be in love:
https://imgur.com/a/NtsRXRe

My questions are...

*Is 32 roster slots a good size for what I'm trying to do with 12 teams?
*Should I increase team size temporarily after the Rookie Draft in early August until Preseason Week 3 before the Free Agent Auction Draft?
*I'm gonna have 1, 2, 3, and 4 year contracts. How many Contract Years Per Team should I set for a league like this? (Total contract years...50 years per team?)
*10% increase to player salaries each year sound good?
*I figure rookie contracts are 4 years for sure. How much should I have them count against the cap?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So in MFL if you go to add/drop, all the players who aren't owned are listed there (obviously). However, it gives you the option to add the player to your team, OR put in a waiver FAAB bid. Why the hell is that an option? How do I make it so everyone is on waivers and requires a FAAB bid?

I could always tell my league, hey, don't add anyone, make sure you click the box to put in a FAAB bid, but that shouldn't happen on a website we are paying to use.

It's like someone made a website with the intention of making it as difficult to use as humanly possible.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Aug 17, 2018

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I feel like we may have talked about this, but any suggestions for a chat app for a league? Someone mentioned GroupMe and that seems like it has a phone and computer log in. I've used discord but I don't think it has a native phone app (maybe it works in the native phone browser though).

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I'm using both GroupMe and WhatsApp (different leagues) and both seem to work well. Telegram should also work. I'd decide based on what people in your league already use for chat apps.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

So in MFL if you go to add/drop, all the players who aren't owned are listed there (obviously). However, it gives you the option to add the player to your team, OR put in a waiver FAAB bid. Why the hell is that an option? How do I make it so everyone is on waivers and requires a FAAB bid?

I could always tell my league, hey, don't add anyone, make sure you click the box to put in a FAAB bid, but that shouldn't happen on a website we are paying to use.

It's like someone made a website with the intention of making it as difficult to use as humanly possible.

Check your calendar setup, you might have your free agency and waiver bidding windows overlapping.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Check your calendar setup, you might have your free agency and waiver bidding windows overlapping.

The only calendar event regarding free agents I can set is “Lock all free agents.” Is this what you mean? I’ve tried manually locking and unlocking all the free agents and it doesn’t make a difference. Either way, anyone can be picked up without making a waiver bid or waiting for waivers to process.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

opposable thumbs.db posted:

I'm using both GroupMe and WhatsApp (different leagues) and both seem to work well. Telegram should also work. I'd decide based on what people in your league already use for chat apps.

Good advice, thanks. I forgot that I used GroupMe last year for the Goon Fish Bowl and it works pretty well.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I wish I could get. Mathew Berry's job of writing a 2000 word screed then picking 4 of the top 8 players in each position group as people I love and cashing my check.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Silly Burrito posted:

I feel like we may have talked about this, but any suggestions for a chat app for a league? Someone mentioned GroupMe and that seems like it has a phone and computer log in. I've used discord but I don't think it has a native phone app (maybe it works in the native phone browser though).

Slack is the best option for sure. You can have multiple channels, DM's, and the best part is you can actually get rid of chats unlike GroupMe.

RCarr posted:

The only calendar event regarding free agents I can set is “Lock all free agents.” Is this what you mean? I’ve tried manually locking and unlocking all the free agents and it doesn’t make a difference. Either way, anyone can be picked up without making a waiver bid or waiting for waivers to process.

Change the weekly schedule FA opens compared to when waivers process

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

OxySnake posted:

I wish I could get. Mathew Berry's job of writing a 2000 word screed then picking 4 of the top 8 players in each position group as people I love and cashing my check.

And I wish someone could make a clever fantasy name out of Bitch I'm a cow.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Ben Nevis posted:

Easiest one would be if you had LeVeon Bell

Bitch I'm a Bell cow

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
"Bitch I'm A Cow" - Kelvin Benjamin

(Because he's fat you see)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ben Nevis posted:

Mitch Nyheim Gronkow.

Hold on, I can do better...

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Jake Kumerow fits the rhythm, but he needs to pronounce is Kume-rao instead.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

Yea I was psyched to get him there for $8. I considered drafting him 1.02 before I ended up trading the pick for Mixon.

To each his own. He's on my Do Not Draft List. That X-Ray before the draft showing his knee has like no cartilage is deeply concerning to me.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I know I posted it earlier, but how many Contract Hours per Team should I use for 12 teams, 32 roster spots (16 starters)?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Can we put a link to the Beersheets in the OP?

And can someone post the link since I am stuck phone-posting and unable to find it? :(

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

89 posted:

I know I posted it earlier, but how many Contract Hours per Team should I use for 12 teams, 32 roster spots (16 starters)?

Is it contract or salary league?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

coronaball posted:

Can we put a link to the Beersheets in the OP?

And can someone post the link since I am stuck phone-posting and unable to find it? :(

https://footballabsurdity.com/beersheet-request-form/

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

Hold on, I can do better...

Mitch Nyheim Gronkow
Lynch Michaels Powell
Mariota Dak
Ty D'onta Sammy Brown

Kai Golden Jujuuuuuuu
Isaiah Fitz White Sanuuuuuuu
Kenyan Drake Bluuuuuuue
Tyrod Ginn Thielen Gould

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

kiimo posted:

To each his own. He's on my Do Not Draft List. That X-Ray before the draft showing his knee has like no cartilage is deeply concerning to me.

I mean, he's certainly not a sure thing. He does come with a lot of risk. And I was desperately trying to trade out of the #2 spot after Guice went down, because I wasn't sure of any of the other rookie RB's, including Michel. That being said I'd take him at 2.08 every single time. That's a lot of upside for the 18th pick of a rookie draft.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I’m in a league that is 1 PPR, but also 1 point per 5 rushing attempts. How would you guys rank the top three RBs in that league?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Alfalfa posted:

Is it contract or salary league?

Both

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

If it’s salary cap then you don’t need max contracts years.

Just set max awarded contract between 3-4 years.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

GoonTier is back!

Please check in if you are interested in the wait list or if you would like to reclaim your old spot. Thanks!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3865947&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My dynasty league is so down on Penny.

Come to Butthead.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Hunter Henry should be placed on IR soon, right? I'd like to free up his roster spot in my dynasty league, but I can't do that unless I can put him on IR.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RCarr posted:

You need to schedule recurring waivers on your calendar. Your calendar should wind up looking like this:

The idea is that there's no free agency period - only an ongoing set of waiver periods, which you can have be blind bid or whatever. Use "Transaction Calendar Setup", down at the bottom of the page, create new events, select event type "process blind bid waivers," pick starting date (for example, the last saturday or wednesday before football begins?), don't put in an end date, and then select the "this time, and then each week for X weeks" radio button and pick (say) 16 weeks.

Do that twice if you want two waiver periods weekly.

Also, go to Basic Add/Drop Setup and make sure you've selected an option under "What type of add/drop system does your league use" that does not include an open free agency period. For example, our league uses "Always via blind bid requests". If you don't, then I *think* you need to set up a recurring free agency event?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

pmchem posted:

I’m in a league that is 1 PPR, but also 1 point per 5 rushing attempts. How would you guys rank the top three RBs in that league?

DJ #1

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

You need to schedule recurring waivers on your calendar. Your calendar should wind up looking like this:

The idea is that there's no free agency period - only an ongoing set of waiver periods, which you can have be blind bid or whatever. Use "Transaction Calendar Setup", down at the bottom of the page, create new events, select event type "process blind bid waivers," pick starting date (for example, the last saturday or wednesday before football begins?), don't put in an end date, and then select the "this time, and then each week for X weeks" radio button and pick (say) 16 weeks.

Do that twice if you want two waiver periods weekly.

Also, go to Basic Add/Drop Setup and make sure you've selected an option under "What type of add/drop system does your league use" that does not include an open free agency period. For example, our league uses "Always via blind bid requests". If you don't, then I *think* you need to set up a recurring free agency event?

I managed to figure it out! What I needed to do to make it work correctly was schedule "Lock All Free Agents." That makes it so they cannot be picked up, but can be bid on. Then I guess I have to set it to "unlock all free agents" after the blind bids are processed, because I do want people to be able to pick up free agents, after waivers are processed.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Bell #1

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Perine #1

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Alfalfa posted:

If it’s salary cap then you don’t need max contracts years.

Just set max awarded contract between 3-4 years.

I don't want people to just give their whole roster 4 year contracts.

But. I guess that's where the cut penalty keeps them in check?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

89 posted:

I don't want people to just give their whole roster 4 year contracts.

But. I guess that's where the cut penalty keeps them in check?

Yep. Or just say during startup auction x amount of rounds is 4 years. Next x are 3 years, etc.

Waiver pick ups are 1 year, etc.