Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did VG Close the Poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 1 100.00%
No 0 0%
Total: 1 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

why don't they just seed the teams like a normal playoff after the group stages.

Huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

So were there any significant meta shifts in day 2? Looking at the most played heroes it seems like more of the same from day 1? A lot of Mirana I see. What position is she being played? Dayum a lot of Chanty bans.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I actually can’t believe they keep letting eg get enchantress

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Xtanstic posted:

So were there any significant meta shifts in day 2? Looking at the most played heroes it seems like more of the same from day 1? A lot of Mirana I see. What position is she being played? Dayum a lot of Chanty bans.

venge actually getting some wins, lot more willow picks, winter wyverns everywhere, mirana everywhere

Majuju fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 17, 2018

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Xtanstic posted:

Clinkz is not getting nerfed I think

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

emdash posted:

I’m miracle/abed/uni/kuro/pld today

think i played exactly this

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Remember when you guys said sumail was the problem and you should replace him because there's a lot of better mids out there? Straight up disrespecting THE KING

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

yeah gently caress u EG haters

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/SumaaaaiL/status/1011083617634639872?s=19

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I think more of the criticism that was brought up about Sumail in the last thread was that he was a great individual player but that's not enough these days and you also have to be a great team player. Sumail was clearly not interested in being told what to do by Misery and probably also Fear, a problem which was only made worse because rtz was likely in the exact same boat. The reason most people were speculating why this change would be really good for the team wasn't just because of Fly and S4's player skill, but because they were both players rtz and Sumail respected and would listen to.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Fear and Misery are bad

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

actual playoffs, in the real world, do not have upper and lower brackets.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Is Fear still involved with EG?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Xtanstic posted:

Mirana has been getting played mainly as a 1 and sometime 3 and 2 from the games I've seen. She has been getting a lot of farm priority.

I thought Phoenix was going to be the hot poo poo hero of the event and its barely getting played

GOOD TIMES ON METH fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Aug 17, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

love seein necro and bloodseeker lose.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Reality Loser posted:

Do not think so, he tried to move to South America to play in the open qualis and bombed out before the finals

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I'm impressed Lina is close to 70% wins, although I think it's only a couple teams picking her

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

emdash posted:

I'm impressed Lina is close to 70% wins, although I think it's only a couple teams picking her

she's been picked soley for mid right?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
godz' tie straight out of Miami Connection

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

RisqueBarber posted:

she's been picked soley for mid right?

Yeah. I've seen Miracle playing her well. Not sure who else is winning with her. Pretty sure Newbee tried her on Sccc and hosed it all up

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Groovelord Neato posted:

actual playoffs, in the real world, do not have upper and lower brackets.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I_Baseball_Championship

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
we're all in agreement that the funniest of the opening games today is Fnatic vs. OG right

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Reality Loser posted:

The consensus is he cashed out all ownership in order to play for another team in OQ. Im sure he would be invited to their box if they made finals at this TI, though.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
FYI

https://twitter.com/wykrhm/status/1030362947233624065

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i wonder if this is a 4 position ursa for EG

narrator voice: it wasn't

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Oh god NA tricast for EG-TL to end the day

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

RisqueBarber posted:

Fear and Misery are bad

you are bad, and foolish

idiot

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

funmanguy posted:

you are bad, and foolish

idiot

u probably think dendi is good too huh

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

RisqueBarber posted:

u probably think dendi is good too huh

Dendi is cool, and also good

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Taffer posted:

Dendi is cool, and also good

cool yes, good no. Dendi is the new Demon. Washed up

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

RisqueBarber posted:

cool yes, good no. Dendi is the new Demon.

- Washed up

stop signing your posts.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
I don't think I've ever seen huskar and Ursa on the same team

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
guys OG are running offlane Treant against an Ursa what are you doing not watching the clownshow

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
This is such a weird draft for OG

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

college sports lmao

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Call me when Dendi is snatching purses and hooking up with masseuses and twitch streamers

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
alright i'm watching DJ (and other players)

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I'm pretty sure Silent is the albatross on Winstrike, if they boot him and pick up like Illidan they could be a lot better next season

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ElNarez posted:

going by averages, there's only two better options than n0tail, and those are pie, which I only have a green of, and DJ, which I have as a silver, but I feel like the gold bonuses I have on n0tail make up for the difference

just out of curiosity what bonuses do you have on notail and dj?

I don't blame you for not playing pie, but I'd still pick DJ unless you have like teamfight/stuns/wards for notail and none of that for DJ.

Also I have DJ in today so we can compare the two later :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
EEsama showing no mercy