Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I feel like that would be out of character for the setting.

Also, didn't resurrecting Girlyman involve getting the new Eldar god of death involved?

Lol @ how little attention THE BIRTH OF A NEW GOD is getting in 8e.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

JcDent posted:

Ogryns are really too stupid for spec-ops training, but, well, I haven't been officially instated as the Fun Police, so you do you.

Ya, it's that. He also took the time to make the Repulsor (GI Joe flying land raider), the fat belly dread and so on.

I'd probably dislike primaris less if they had gone with MK II or MK III helmet instead of MK IV, my least favorite Mark, but MK VII is already the iconic Ye Smoll Marine look while MK II and MK III are clearly For Heresy Products only.

Should've gone with Mk 1.
Cawl didn't do poo poo, the Primaris are just leftover Thunder Warriors he defrosted.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

JcDent posted:

Yep, a lot of good things sadly are these days.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

:argh:

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

:golfclap:

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

JcDent posted:

I'd probably dislike primaris less if they had gone with MK II or MK III helmet instead of MK IV, my least favorite Mark, but MK VII is already the iconic Ye Smoll Marine look while MK II and MK III are clearly For Heresy Products only.

Now you've had some wrong rear end opinions here lately, but this is the most wrong. Mark IV Maximus is probably the best looking helmet, at least way better looking than the standard mark VII. At least for loyalists.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Werix posted:

Now you've had some wrong rear end opinions here lately, but this is the most wrong. Mark IV Maximus is probably the best looking helmet, at least way better looking than the standard mark VII. At least for loyalists.

Like hell it is, it's way too smooth and least Marine looking of all Marks (save maybe MK I).

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

JcDent posted:

Like hell it is, it's way too smooth and least Marine looking of all Marks (save maybe MK I).

All the helmets with the mouth looking vox grille looks stupid. And the smoothness of the mark IV and the mark VI beak armor looks like medieval armor, which marines take their inspiration from.

To a lesser extent the mark 2 and 3 are good too.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Werix posted:

All the helmets with the mouth looking vox grille looks stupid.

And you kiss your mother with that mouth?!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
No, because I'm wearing a mark IV helmet without a dumb mouth. *

* this goes out the window with chaos marines. Angry mouths are chaos as gently caress.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
IV and VI are the only marks that matter, beaky bois for life

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
It's out on drivethrurpg

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Beakie helm, best helm.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

JcDent posted:

That's because mankind is greater than any lowly god-creature, obviously :catholic:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

JcDent posted:

Also, didn't resurrecting Girlyman involve getting the new Eldar god of death involved?

Well it's not the only one. A Tau god has been born too.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
That's...debatable. The Fourth Sphere could just be batshit crazy, or being influenced by a Chaos God. The Eldar very much have a new god, and the Emperor is very much a god with his own daemons. The Eldar god is still incredibly weak, so he can't do a lot in a macro sense. The Emperor seems to be picking up steam on the god front, as his spirit dudes are a bit more active than they have been in the past. They seem to be building towards a "gently caress it" status quo where they just throw things like the Primarchs and what not on the table, because it doesn't really matter if all the insanely powerful forces are at play. Let the Emperor be a god, give the Eldar an active anti-chaos god, let all the awesome people get out of the shadows. It just means more poo poo to sell people. Really, that's the downside for them. Oh no, now we have to make this for people, however will we manage if we have to constantly sell folks hundred dollar models?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mulva posted:

That's...debatable. The Fourth Sphere could just be batshit crazy, or being influenced by a Chaos God. The Eldar very much have a new god, and the Emperor is very much a god with his own daemons. The Eldar god is still incredibly weak, so he can't do a lot in a macro sense. The Emperor seems to be picking up steam on the god front, as his spirit dudes are a bit more active than they have been in the past. They seem to be building towards a "gently caress it" status quo where they just throw things like the Primarchs and what not on the table, because it doesn't really matter if all the insanely powerful forces are at play. Let the Emperor be a god, give the Eldar an active anti-chaos god, let all the awesome people get out of the shadows. It just means more poo poo to sell people. Really, that's the downside for them. Oh no, now we have to make this for people, however will we manage if we have to constantly sell folks hundred dollar models?

The Fourth Sphere got helped by this fledgling Greater Good "God", a better name would probably be Warp Entity. However it was not them who created it anyway, it was the Physic races part of the Empire. It's the reason why the fourth sphere wants to wipe out non Tau life. (But they can't say that outright, most Tau would be against killing their allies, and doing so would also lose all of their allies.)

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Fourth Sphere got helped by this fledgling Greater Good "God", a better name would probably be Warp Entity. However it was not them who created it anyway, it was the Physic races part of the Empire. It's the reason why the fourth sphere wants to wipe out non Tau life. (But they can't say that outright, most Tau would be against killing their allies, and doing so would also lose all of their allies.)

Wait, so... The Tau, because they're so weak psychically, don't really know the deal with gods or daemons.
They recruit a bunch of psychically active dudes, who buy into the Tau beliefs while being psychic...
Forming what sounds like a god of atheism?
And it wants to kill all non-Tau, which would literally lead to killing itself out of starvation?

40k is great/dumb.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Naw, I think the idea is that the (fun, good) races of the Tau empire birthed Communism God, and Fourth Sphere Tau don't like it (hurr durr what is warp) and want to kill off the allies that feed it.

Tau Empire Without Tau would be a great faction.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
The Battle of Endor from Return of the Jedi, but with Kroot and Imperial Guard

neat

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Eponymous posted:

Wait, so... The Tau, because they're so weak psychically, don't really know the deal with gods or daemons.
They recruit a bunch of psychically active dudes, who buy into the Tau beliefs while being psychic...
Forming what sounds like a god of atheism?
And it wants to kill all non-Tau, which would literally lead to killing itself out of starvation?

40k is great/dumb.

The Fourth Sphere Tau want to kill all humans (and Nicassar, Kroot, Vespids etc.) because of their connection to the Warp and corruption of their ideology (in a way that mirrors the Imperial Truth's slip into the Imperial Creed during the Great Crusade against the Emperor's wishes); the God of the Greater Good wants to reshape the universe in the image of the Tau Empire and punched a permanent hole in the barrier between dimensions so the Fourth Sphere could do it on the other side of the galaxy

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Aug 17, 2018

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
one of the campaign framework suggestions in the WnG core book is a group of orks stranded on a bizarre alien planet, hunting through ancient ruins for junk to build a ship with while also fighting off monstrous fauna and rival ork mobs

I am way into this but I feel like that's going to need more ork archetypes available before its really a thing

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

one of the campaign framework suggestions in the WnG core book is a group of orks stranded on a bizarre alien planet, hunting through ancient ruins for junk to build a ship with while also fighting off monstrous fauna and rival ork mobs

I am way into this but I feel like that's going to need more ork archetypes available before its really a thing

What, a group of Boyz isn't enough? Have a Nob DMPC push them around and you're golden.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung

Blockhouse posted:

Oh hey, it is the same idea that was Gorkamorka.

My first session I'm running tomorrow is going to be fun, when the Ork player who never played an rpg before I ran a Feng Shui one shot keeps asking me about all the little details he wants his dude to have. I think my players are going to enjoy going First Edition Rogue Trader in terms of ham.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm probably giving them too much credit but it seems like a deep cut Trotsky/USSR joke to make the Fourth Sphere Tau the crazy, unorthodox Tau.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Just steal Gorkamorkas setting. Thats all you need there you go.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Gorkamorka has a setting?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

tarbrush posted:

Gorkamorka has a setting?

Get a load of this Yoof.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Re: Helmets: Back when I hated Space Marines, the Mark IV was my favorite helmet because it was the least Space Marine-y helmet and the one that most discards the normal Space Marine aesthetic for something approaching what fans of other science fiction action properties expect from the helmet of a group of future super-warriors called "Space Marines," instead of the doofy scowly vox grills and beakies and the Mark II and III, which are just medieval armor helmets.

Now that (God help me) I actually like Space Marines (thank you, Raven Guard), the Mark IV has become my least favorite helmet... because it's the least Space Marine-y helmet and the one that most discards the normal Space Marine aesthetic for something approaching what fans of other science fiction action properties expect from the helmet of a group of future super-warriors called "Space Marines."

So my suspicion is Primaris have Mark IV helmets because that's the helmet that tests the best with non-40k fans, and the goal was to create something that would attract new people.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

I'm probably giving them too much credit but it seems like a deep cut Trotsky/USSR joke to make the Fourth Sphere Tau the crazy, unorthodox Tau.

i feel like if they knew enough to make a 4th International joke, theyd also know the tau aren't communists

as an aside, I wonder what will happen when mechanicus explorator fleets rediscover the ancients' knowledge of the immortal dialectical science of the proletariat

surely, of all sciences, this is the one the 42nd millennium needs the most

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 17, 2018

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Stephenls posted:

Re: Helmets: Back when I hated Space Marines, the Mark IV was my favorite helmet because it was the least Space Marine-y helmet and the one that most discards the normal Space Marine aesthetic for something approaching what fans of other science fiction action properties expect from the helmet of a group of future super-warriors called "Space Marines," instead of the doofy scowly vox grills and beakies and the Mark II and III, which are just medieval armor helmets.

Now that (God help me) I actually like Space Marines (thank you, Raven Guard), the Mark IV has become my least favorite helmet... because it's the least Space Marine-y helmet and the one that most discards the normal Space Marine aesthetic for something approaching what fans of other science fiction action properties expect from the helmet of a group of future super-warriors called "Space Marines."

So my suspicion is Primaris have Mark IV helmets because that's the helmet that tests the best with non-40k fans, and the goal was to create something that would attract new people.

And you can't have the new guys be beakies, that would be silly.

Anniversary Johnny sculpt when

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

JcDent posted:

Naw, I think the idea is that the (fun, good) races of the Tau empire birthed Communism God, and Fourth Sphere Tau don't like it (hurr durr what is warp) and want to kill off the allies that feed it.

Tau Empire Without Tau would be a great faction.

You kind of already have this with the Farsight Enclave. They even made Farsight a psycker, so he seems like the obvious choice for the Tau messiah or whatever.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That would be a good craftworld response to the appearance of the Tau. See some rapidly emerging technologically advanced species without a warp connection? Twist one of them psychic and let the resulting civil war hold them back until someone else rolls them over.

Minimal physical input, maximum "It is foreseen to succeed!".

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Has Ulisses put out a character sheet that won't murder my printer? The sheet I've found looks cool on screen but I'd really rather not print full color background character sheets.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Clanpot Shake posted:

Has Ulisses put out a character sheet that won't murder my printer? The sheet I've found looks cool on screen but I'd really rather not print full color background character sheets.

You can't do black and white?

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Schadenboner posted:

You can't do black and white?

Sure but that's still a lot of unnecessary ink for texture. Maybe it's possible to delete the background so it's just white?

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
I've been reading through this and like what I see so far but there are a lot of typos and mistakes. The sample character generation for instance doesn't use the right point value for their archetype, and I think at least one of the attribute arrays wasn't calculated right. This really needs another editing pass.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
:rolldice: "You take a direct hit from a rail rifle."

:downs: "Crap, how much damage does it do?"

:rolldice: "You fail to understand the catastrophic implications of a rail rifle hitting a guardsman sized target. You're a cloud of misted blood and bone shrapnel unless you want to burn a fate point."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There seems to be surprisingly little discussion online of W+G. The busiest forum I've seen was the Ulisses one and that's fairly dead.