Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Is there even time to finish my green titan armor stuff and progress it forward any? I haven't had any time to play this week and this weekend is looking 50/50 at best as well.

Thanks 1803 update for requiring me to pretty much re-driver my comp all over again. I need to build a new rig...someday. X79 was always a driver cluster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
It should be doable. If you are willing to grind and do not entirely suck at pvp you can do it in about 24 hours for all steps.

E: the real question is if you really want the armor, since the light cap is gonna be raised to 600 soon.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

I have no idea what I should want. I haven't played enough over Year 1 to know what to keep/dismantle/collect/etc.

I just see limited time armor set and figure I should get the boxes checked that it has in it.

I already did the PVP stuff so now I just need the orbs and Public/Hero event stuff at least.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anyone got advice for mouse settings + in game mouse settings?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Is it too late to say: "To kill the worm god, shoot at it until it dies."?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

EdEddnEddy posted:

I have no idea what I should want. I haven't played enough over Year 1 to know what to keep/dismantle/collect/etc.

I just see limited time armor set and figure I should get the boxes checked that it has in it.

I already did the PVP stuff so now I just need the orbs and Public/Hero event stuff at least.
There's more PvP once you get it to blue, but it's just wins.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Siljmonster posted:

Are you an arm swinger or a wrist mover?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

EdEddnEddy posted:

The thing is that no one is quite clear how year 1 armor will work in year 2 and if it will be usable without gimping yourself. Go after the solstice armor if you really like its look, hoping that it will carry over to year 2. It would be real dumb if it didn't but bungo.

Tbh titan armor is probably the one that looks best with the right shaders, this is what mrcompson from euroclan came up with

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Siljmonster posted:

I have a Logitech G602 set at 800 dpi with the default ingame sensitivity. Works great for me.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I lean towards SoH not being masterworkable after the event, so definitely make that call. I'll probably go for MW on my main, but I don't know if I'll have the time (or inclination) to get it on the other two.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Triple valor is nice

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Elysiume posted:

I lean towards SoH not being masterworkable after the event, so definitely make that call. I'll probably go for MW on my main, but I don't know if I'll have the time (or inclination) to get it on the other two.

Last TWAB

quote:

Resplendent Masterworks
Last week, we confirmed that Solstice Armor can no longer be upgraded after the conclusion of Solstice of Heroes. This week, we can confirm that players will be able to complete objectives to masterwork their Legendary Solstice Armor (Resplendent) after Solstice of Heroes ends on August 28.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I know many of you all missed this:

quote:

When Destiny 2: Forsaken launches this September it will give returning and new players a way to boost their characters up to level so they can jump right into the new content coming in the expansion. This will allow gamers picking up Destiny 2 for the first time a chance to skip the game’s first year of content, and it could also be helpful for fans who may not have played Destiny 2 in a while due to its troubles in Year 1.

The character boost will be similar to Destiny 1’s character boosting item, Spark of Light, but there is a key difference. The character boost in Forsaken will not be an item in players’ inventory like Spark of Light was, but it will be an option right on the character selection screen when players boot up Forsaken this September.

There’s another key difference too. Bungie’s project lead Scott Taylor told Mashable that this character boost will be better than Spark of Light in that it won’t just boost a character’s level but will also allow them bypass the campaign and content from Year 1, allowing the instant access to everything new Forsaken has to offer and putting them “at the point of the game where you’d be starting the Forsaken campaign.”

Everyone who buys the Forsaken DLC will have access to one character boost for free, but more can be purchased if a player so chooses to level up any alternate characters they may have. No price point has been announced for those additional boosts.

This is good news for not just new players to the game, but also to those fans who may have lapsed on Destiny 2 over the course of Year 1. In the game’s troubled first year, many players fell off not long after launch, and the Curse of Osiris DLC was not well-liked by most players. While Warmind and the many game updates over the course of the year have improved Destiny 2, some players have chosen not to return. Forsaken will be a huge opportunity for Bungie to recapture its rabid fanbase, so offering this boost should ease any burdens of having to level to prepare for Forsaken.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

What was so bad about COO? Sure it wasn't the best writing or story, but the location was neat and well, more Vex to shoot is always fun.

Punch them in the gut.

Ed's voice from Ed, Edd, N Eddy. "Pink Belly!"

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I’ll save the long write-up, but basically, it just wasn’t the quality we should have received from a new planet.

I mean, you couldn’t even ride the Sparrow. There’s a lot you can do with Mercury and I felt we were fighting in a telephone booth.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Perfect, thanks! Now I can rest easy and play more Monster Hunter.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I’ll save the long write-up, but basically, it just wasn’t the quality we should have received from a new planet.

I mean, you couldn’t even ride the Sparrow. There’s a lot you can do with Mercury and I felt we were fighting in a telephone booth.

I think Infinite Forest was their idea to expand Mercury but that fell with a wet fart.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Stolen from Roman; he always has the lowdown:

quote:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/247880267

Redrix's Broadsword Quest Steps

Redrix’s Claymore will remain exclusive to Season 3. The Redrix’s Broadsword will be available through a pinnacle weapon questline in Season 4 offered by Lord Shaxx. To set expectations, here are the quest steps that must be completed in order to acquire Redrix’s Broadsword:

Step 1:
• In the Crucible. Defeat 200 opponents with Pulse Rifle final blows.

Step 2:
• Reach Valor Rank “Heroic”

Step 3:
• In the Crucible. Earn 75 Double Plays.

Step 4:
• In the Crucible. Defeat 150 opponents with precision final blows from any Pulse Rifle.

Step 5:
• In the Crucible, defeat 50 opponents with Arc final blows
• In the Crucible, defeat 50 opponents with Solar final blows
• In the Crucible, defeat 50 opponents with Void final blows

Step 6:
• Complete 25 Crucible matches in Quickplay (Rotators count)
• Complete 25 Crucible matches in Competitive
• Complete 25 Crucible matches in Rumble

Step 7:
• Complete 20 Crucible Bounties

Step 8:
• Reset your Valor rank 5 times within a single season

Step 9:
• Visit Lord Shaxx and claim your reward.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

See this poo poo right here?

Time to put our crucrew teams together.

I vote for the cat as pres

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Stolen from Roman; he always has the lowdown:

Jesus. Hopefully that'll put to rest the idea that they're just giving the Broadsword out for free.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This guy spoiled stuff right before the TWAB. Please read this at your own risk. There are raid, strike, lore, etc. details here and there is stuff you may want to hold back on reading. This pertains to Forsaken. I would advise you actually don’t read this. Don’t comment on it either. It’s just to read.

You have been warned.

Following are a few leaks that I found about the upcoming Forsaken update, which are (from my knowledge) not publicly known yet. It includes infos about different kind of categories of what I found out.

As mentioned in the title, the following text includes nothing but spoilers, so if you don't want to get spoilered, stop reading from now!

Even though I don't want to name the source of that information, I can say that this is nothing I just made up myself. However, as Forsaken is still under development, it also implies that nothing of it is certain.

RAID

The new raid is called "Last Wish" and will have a normal and prestige mode.
The raid boss is called Dul Incaru, the Eternal Return (not 100% sure about that).
There will be something like a one-time challenge to finish the new raid within 24h after its launch.
NEW STRIKES (edited)

There are (at least) two new strikes: "Warden of Nothing" & "The Hollowed Lair".
The 4 new strikes are called: "Warden of Nothing", "The Hollowed Lair", "The Corrupted", & "Broodhold".
Both of them will All 4 will - as always - also be available as nightfall versions.
The nightfall versios will have special challenges such as not receiving any arc damage in the final encounter.
GAMBIT

Gambit will have a ranking system called "Infamy".
Similar to Crucible, you will unlock gear and ornaments while increasing your rank.
Infamy can be resetted.
The highest Infamy Rank seems to be level 15.
Hawthrone will have a new clan engram for Gambit.
MASTERWORK CORES

Weekly clan milestones let you receive a masterwork core.
There is a chance of obtaining a masterwork core with a Boss kill.
Masterwork cores can be purchased. I don't know where and for which currency).
DUNGEON

There will be a dungeon called "The Shattered Throne".
Multiple activities will take place in this dungeon.
At some other part of the game we will receive an unpurified version of an armor set called "Reverie Dawn", which we can purify through different activities in "The Shattered Throne".
PETRA VENJ

Petra Venj returns as a new NPC (probably at the Reef).
Petra Venj offers special bounties with certain goals such as completing all of them within one week.
CLAN FOCUS

A stronger focus on clan activities.
Examples would be milestones/goals such as completing raids, strikes, nightfalls, crucible matches, escalation protocols,etc. together.
Some of them require even a full 6-player clan-fireteam such as the completion of "Last Wish".
Playing with clanmates can grant special buffs in certain activities, e.g. increased recovery/resilience/mobility.
ACE OF SPADES

There is a mission where we will have to reclaim Ace of Spades back from Uldren.
Once reclaimed, it will first be a broken version and we have repair it through a longer quest series with several steps in multiple activities.
PRISON ESCAPEES

We will have to hunt down escpaees of the Prison of Elders in multiple activities.
E.g. Finding escapees in the patrol zones of other planets, in lost sectors, at public events, etc.
COLLECTIONS

Collections will also include Destiny 1 achievements (console players only obviously).
Examples are completion of campaigns and raids, character transfer to Destiny 2, Reaching the Lighthouse, triumphs, certain Grimoire score, collection of specific weapons such as Thorn, the Last Word, and Gjallarhorn, etc.
COSMETICS

New ghost shapes (pyramid/triangle-like shape; something looking similar to an override frequency; fallen-themed)
Taken-themed sparrow
STORY

This last part - probably the most interesting for most of you - is a very rough summary and I'm also not 100% certain here. But the following is what I got from the story.

Uldren thinks his sister, Queen Mara, is still alive.
He thinks she is trapped by the Techeun Illyn in the Dreaming City.
In order to save her she is telling him in his "visions" to open the gates to the Dreaming City.
He somehow allies with the prisoners in the Prison of Elders in order to achieve his goal.
While trying to regain control of the prison alongside with Petra Venj, Cayde-6 dies.
After Uldren succeded to open the gate to the Dreaming City, he immidiately gets killed by a creature, but the gate remains open.
It is now Petra Venj's duty to protect the city, in which all Awoken secrets and treasures are kept (and we will help her with that).

Edit:

I thought all my previous posts I made on /r/DTG would give me some credits and people won't doubt me so much. It's not that it proof everything I wrote above but here is a picture that I "found" :P

About Uldren's death: this scene will be shown in a rendered video and that's why im certain about this part. Anyways, i guess we will have to see latest on September 4th

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

1stGear posted:

Jesus. Hopefully that'll put to rest the idea that they're just giving the Broadsword out for free.

none of this is hard and only one of the steps is time-consuming.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

If that is actually how Uldren dies, that's dumb as hell.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

none of this is hard and only one of the steps is time-consuming.

:jerkbag:

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
5 valor resets is pretty grindy!

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

1stGear posted:

If that is actually how Uldren dies, that's dumb as hell.
That would mean that it's consistent with the tone and pacing of Y1's story.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I'm fairly sore about that collections spoiler as a PS4 --> PC player. There should have been a way to import your D1 Triumphs into PC D2.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Update: I went ahead and did the HOTDOG purge for anybody not logged in the past month and went from 99 to 70. We are at 52 who have logged in the past two weeks. If you were in HOTDOG and you are returning for Forsaken, just reapply and I’ll get you back in. But on a more important note...

This is the important part!

I talked to AAB and when we get into Forsaken, we are going down to one discord. We basically already do this now but it’s being formally acknowledged now.

When I do the new OP, the OC (top tier show) will be the sole discord listed. And this will be the order of how we will fill our clans:

1: Serious Overchill. When it’s full, you fill up,
2: 2 Chill 2 Serious. When it’s full, you fill up,
3: HOTDOG. When it’s full, maybe we can make a new clan.

Disclaimer: If you’re Euro, you go to European Goon Squad. I’ll list all those details at least.

In the OC discord, you’ll get your proper clan tag and the games will begin.

We all expect a ton of returning players. I’m continuing to reach out to former players just to let them know this is the time to check out the game once again. I hope you all join me in letting people know the game will be out of beta and at full launch on September 4th.

This message is already too long but anyway, TLDR: Join the Overchill discord in the OP as that is required and join the Serious Overchill clan first if you need a clan.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

This guy spoiled stuff right before the TWAB. Please read this at your own risk. There are raid, strike, lore, etc. details here and there is stuff you may want to hold back on reading. This pertains to Forsaken. I would advise you actually don’t read this. Don’t comment on it either. It’s just to read.

You have been warned.

Following are a few leaks that I found about the upcoming Forsaken update, which are (from my knowledge) not publicly known yet. It includes infos about different kind of categories of what I found out.

NEW STRIKES (edited)

There are (at least) two new strikes: "Warden of Nothing" & "The Hollowed Lair".
The 4 new strikes are called: "Warden of Nothing", "The Hollowed Lair", "The Corrupted", & "Broodhold".
Both of them will All 4 will - as always - also be available as nightfall versions.
The nightfall versios will have special challenges such as not receiving any arc damage in the final encounter.

The math isn't adding up here...2 "new" strikes, then 4 strikes are listed? What? Do they mean 2 unique stikes and the other 4 are reused missions?.

Also, has it been confirmed that the PS4 exclusivity period for year 1 stuff is over with Foresaken? I heard the Taken Strike on Earth sucked, but the Strike that came with Warmind was pretty fun?

EDIT:
Here we are...

Boo to the fact that Foresaken still has PS4 exclusive stuff (a strike and an exotic, no less) but at least Xbone and PC players finally get the 2 extra strikes and 2 crucible maps. Who cares about the armor sets, they're going to be locked to year 1 style anyways.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 18, 2018

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

its supposed to say 4. It has a strike through in the Reddit thread. The spoiler guy says there are 4 new strikes and names the 4.

To Snuffman.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Very bad news

https://twitter.com/Cozmo23/status/1030155056010604544?s=19

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ok so what’s my purpose for keeping Y1 armor at all? Is there any?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
i mean i thought we knew that for a while now

you can still infuse stuff up into year 2 levels and use it if you want, but if you gotta play optimally then no you’re never gonna use year 1 gear

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
They had not said if armors would be able to get the new mods afaik

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
oh idk why i thought that was already a given, maybe i just assumed bc Bungie

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah the mods stuff I don’t remember reading.

Welp, see ya forever Y1 armor.

What constitutes as Y1 armor? That everything that’s been dropping that’s purple and below?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

yeah, literally any and all armor up through Solstice

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Sounds like the previous armor mod system is being abandoned in favor of a better one...?

Orv
May 4, 2011
I mean I don't think I've ever purposefully applied a mod to a piece of armor and I've done all the content (except lairs but I've done Lev) without a single issue. Sure I could have done them 5% easier but it's not a massive issue.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
The old mod system sucked and the new one is supposed to have more impact. It just blows that y1 armor can't equip those mods at all and laffo if that solstice armor is really going to be obsolete this quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Do newly dropped versions of Y1 armor not take mods as well?

• Locked thread