Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Kavak posted:

Honestly I don't think they have the budget or manpower to do anything now.

Haha, pretty likely. If the sales of V5 don't provide them an operating budget, I can't see Paradox shoveling more cash in the hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonKnight
Jul 14, 2018

Mors Rattus posted:

The real question is 'how much will Anne Rice's sudden swerve into hardcore but weird Christianity influence this'

Probably not much, considering she just wrote 2 Lestat-based books within the last 5 years that didn't really go crazy with it. Not that Lestat and Atlantis wasn't crazy anyway.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so what was swedracula's previous/other hat(s) outside of botching the hell out of a property w p good potential

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Tollymain posted:

so what was swedracula's previous/other hat(s) outside of botching the hell out of a property w p good potential

He worked at CPP in the failed World of Darkness MMO. Don't know what role, but he definitely has experience in botching oWOD releases.

[edit] Senior Content Designer, so definitely someone with a part to play on that game's lack of release, though it would still be unfair to lay that particular piece of incompetence entirely on his feet.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
oh wait does he actually come from CCP's corporate culture

because that would explain so much

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

ZearothK posted:

He worked at CPP in the failed World of Darkness MMO. Don't know what role, but he definitely has experience in botching oWOD releases.

[edit] Senior Content Designer, so definitely someone with a part to play on that game's lack of release, though it would still be unfair to lay that particular piece of incompetence entirely on his feet.

I know some folks that worked at CCP during that whole WoD MMO thing. It was a clusterfuck.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ZearothK posted:

He's not the guy who did the "It needs to be more... *psshhhh* *immediately walks away without elaborating*" is he?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Zereth posted:

He's not the guy who did the "It needs to be more... *psshhhh* *immediately walks away without elaborating*" is he?

No I thought that was the guy who tried to charge multiple hundreds of dollars for digital pants.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kurieg posted:

No I thought that was the guy who tried to charge multiple hundreds of dollars for digital pants.

Is that the same as the digital monocle guy?

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Dawgstar posted:

Is that the same as the digital monocle guy?

No, that's Ryan "The Steve Jobs of MMOs" Dancey, who was as far as this hobby goes a somewhat impressive con man.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ProfessorCirno posted:

No, that's Ryan "The Steve Jobs of MMOs" Dancey, who was as far as this hobby goes a somewhat impressive con man.

Yeah. As silly as that is, what he got people to pay for in Pathfinder Online tops it.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I don't know if I was clear; I love Bryan Fuller's work. I'm disappointed that he's not staying on.

Oh gotcha.

Mors Rattus posted:

The real question is 'how much will Anne Rice's sudden swerve into hardcore but weird Christianity influence this'

I'm pretty sure she's back to not being Christian anymore or had another falling out with the church a couple years ago. I just remember she wrote 2 of the 3 Jesus books then nothing for a while and then came back hard with Lestat and Atlantis and it seemed like it became "Christ the who?"

We're those Jesus books any good? I honestly never finished reading "Vampire Lestat" and I think I listened to maybe half of one of her witch books and just never bothered keeping up with any of her other stuff.

Which reminds me, my ex girlfriend's crazy religious mom bought me a copy of "Cry to Heaven" for Xmas one year. I don't think she knew what it was about.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Memnoch the Devil was pretty amusing. I liked the bit where the Devil argues with Christ that since he knows for a fact what's going to happen when he dies, it doesn't really count as a sacrifice, which I'm pretty sure she wouldn't write anymore.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Jesus, I know werewolves like to solve poo poo through violence, but one of my players just started picking up cars and smashing them into other cars to cause a distraction when they couldn't get past a mean secretary.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
That's just players being players.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

Soonmot posted:

Jesus, I know werewolves like to solve poo poo through violence, but one of my players just started picking up cars and smashing them into other cars to cause a distraction when they couldn't get past a mean secretary.

It's so easy and keeps your hands clean, car accidents are easier to explain away than random bear attacks. Our first hunt we were following the prey and just ordered his car to pull over and stop.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
All he needed to do was cause a minor distraction to grab attention while the other player uses her amazing stealth skills to sneak into an unsecured office and do a quick search.

They are each still carrying 4 agg damage a piece, have already made themselves enemies by threatening to call the FBI on an native reservation, and now are going to have to deal with the tribal police.

Thankfully, I let them know this was a Bad Idea and the irraka's player, after seeing his post was like, "hey gently caress this, I don't want to die" so we'll probably be getting an edit.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Soonmot posted:

From my understanding this is WAI for Werewolf.

I mean if you have the power to pick up and throw cars, why the gently caress aren't you?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
You know... You got me there, this was just not the tactic I expected for a short side adventure in-between chapters

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Powers are not for USING, they are for INSINUATING to GOTH CHICKS so that they GO HOME WITH YOU.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
My favorite werewolf gift moment was rules lawyering that I could, in fact, see a car's engine compartment though the grill, and thus satisfied the requirements for create element.

Making the other guys engine explode was a great way to end the car chase.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
is zak sabbath really as bad as everyone says?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Yes

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Nessus posted:

Powers are not for USING, they are for INSINUATING to GOTH CHICKS so that they GO HOME WITH YOU.

I thought that only applied to Vampires.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Hi zak.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

How loving DARE you insinuate that Zak S. is anything less than loving awesome, now he's going to take a break from providing intensive medical care to his loved ones to get you doxxed. BINCH.

(yeah)

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
What was that website with all the conspiracy theory stories that people liked to use as reference material for their games?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Kibner posted:

What was that website with all the conspiracy theory stories that people liked to use as reference material for their games?

The gangster computer god?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Kibner posted:

Above Top Secret.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Suppressed Transmissions was a good source of crazy conspiracy theories.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Yes.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Kibner posted:

Biblioteca Pleiades is still good. Sadly, a lot of the old conspiracy nuttery has faded away over the last decade in favour of an endless cycle of SECRET MUSLIM, oh no the gays, SECRET MUSLIM, maybe Trump is the answer to our problems, no Trump works for the Russians, don't be silly it's all the deep state!!, Hillary Clinton rapes babies (remember when she ate babies to sustain her human form as one of our secret reptile overlords? That was a conspiracy theory worth the time it took to read!), music videos are broadcasting the illuminati's plans, did we mention the SECRET MUSLIM recently even though he's out of office, p.s. capitalism is good we're p. sure.

I miss the old, innocent days of FEMA death camps, Shapeshifting Lizard Bush, Roswell, Mars coverups, and Dick Cheney harnessing the organs of political prisoners for eternal life.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It's pretty sad that conspiracy stuff is all Q and Pizzagate these days.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Conspiracy theory is just reverting to the mean. This poo poo has always been around, the reach just got wider and there was that 90s boom in the aesthetics of it.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

This is a Star Trek fanfic I would like to read.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
While it's always been around, the signal to noise ratio is hugely different now. ATS, for instance, used to have a lot more of the wilder theories and interest in cryptozoology, ancient civilizations, and aliens than what it is now, which is sort of 50/50 TrumpState/NeoFascist bullshit and Mandela Effect annoyances. The stuff we now see as the dominant aspect of the conspiracy scene used to be contained largely to Prison Planet and a couple of similar venues, while even a lot of the hardcore militia and prepper types were more about the sinister New World Order than the Pedophile Deep State.

To an extent, the obsession with the deep state that's emerged is because, well, there is one and there always has been. The gradual uncovery and mainstreaming knowledge of real life major conspiracies like GLADIO has predisposed people to accept the Deep State as a concept and it's supplanted a lot of the old stuff that occupied the same territory, homogenizing the once fractious crowd. Where once we had a hundred voices yelling everything from 'freemasons run the country' to 'follow the Bush bloodline! PRESCOTT BUSH! FASCISM!' to 'islamofascist communists are behind obama!' and 'the illuminati controls the world through the music industry!', we now largely just have 'Deep State!' and the odd cry of 'Deep State, but also Pedophile Satanism!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mors Rattus posted:

Above Top Secret.

Above Top Secret really went down the drain around Obama's second term. Not that it was a great website to begin with but went from the standard, FEMA camp 90's stuff to full on pandering to the far right and alt-right crowds. It was around the time Coast to Coast AM really went downhill, it was declining pretty steadily for the last decade or so.

With the advances in cell phones and the Internet, it's kind of impossible to propagate half the theories that became popular in the 90's. The radio monopolies have also killed talk radio and none of the hosts really know how to interview people like Art Bell did.