Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Neltharak posted:

Waiting to steal friend's zelda, and impulse-buying a 60 dollar game when i'll get it anyway is a bad idea

(that i will totally do if i dont watch myself)

Hollow knight seems cool. cheap too, getting it. thanks :)

Any other ideas ?

Dead cells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh this is hell

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey that's a nice avatar

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I guess I should ask instead of killing myself over and over again. There's a ghost that hates when I stab other ghosts. I've actually died for the first time since Hornet and actually died a few times because I can't keep the parry volley going. Am I doing something wrong or is it just a test of reflexes :v:?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I guess I should ask instead of killing myself over and over again. There's a ghost that hates when I stab other ghosts. I've actually died for the first time since Hornet and actually died a few times because I can't keep the parry volley going. Am I doing something wrong or is it just a test of reflexes :v:?

why did you attack the friendly ghosts??

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Looper posted:

why did you attack the friendly ghosts??

i hunger

Real talk I thought I was supposed to because they give me points and the few I found didn't really seem to realize they were dead so "oh no this is messed up poo poo I need to help them"

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Guy Goodbody posted:

oh this is hell

This is why the sa forums are the best forums.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

this does look fun but I worry I'd suck at it and quit after 3 hours

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

indigi posted:

That’s roughly how long the game is so you’re fine

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

indigi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN43sCyEanA

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Wendell posted:

If you get Zelda before the trip you aren’t going to need anything else, but....Hollow Knight, obvs.

Don't get Zelda before the trip, unless you're good with your trip being entirely about playing Zelda in a hotel instead of your house. That thing will consume you and nearly every other activity will feel like something that just gets in the way of playing more Zelda.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

i hunger

Real talk I thought I was supposed to because they give me points and the few I found didn't really seem to realize they were dead so "oh no this is messed up poo poo I need to help them"

You don't need to kill the ghosts. I found this out after killing some ghosts, and I felt TERRIBLE

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody posted:

I know you shouldn't judge a book on it's cover

but yeah I'm gonna pass on Snake Pass

Oh hey Guy I fixed this for you:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Guy Goodbody posted:

oh this is hell

While I'm sad that the Isabelle av I bought you is already gone, I think this one is way funnier.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

New Tennis Thread is up
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3866235

thetoughestbean posted:

You don't need to kill the ghosts. I found this out after killing some ghosts, and I felt TERRIBLE

"Buy my cookies mister"

"Oh no he doesn't realize he's dead I need to free his spirit don't worry I'll save you."

I am the hero

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

Neltharak posted:

Waiting to steal friend's zelda, and impulse-buying a 60 dollar game when i'll get it anyway is a bad idea

(that i will totally do if i dont watch myself)

Hollow knight seems cool. cheap too, getting it. thanks :)

Any other ideas ?

Shovel Knight

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

mysterious frankie posted:

Dead Cells' combat and drip fed unlockable cycle are so satisfying that I'm guessing I'll get an easy 20 hours of play before I've unlocked everything & realize the procedurally generated world is boring and quit. That is high praise coming from me. 8/10

The way unlocks work (find blueprint (some of which are rare,) don't gently caress up and die before making it to a mid-level to drop off said blueprint, then grind out enough cells to actually unlock the item) ensures it would take far more than 20 hours to unlock everything.

The world has been pretty boring from the get-go, but the combat is really solid. The thing that's probably gonna get me to quit is how bullshit the last boss is.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

New Tennis Thread is up
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3866235

"Buy my cookies mister"

"Oh no he doesn't realize he's dead I need to free his spirit don't worry I'll save you."

I am the hero

you're a monster

i liked the ghost designs in the cemetery too much to attack them, but i think you only get one dream point for each anyway so it's hardly helpful

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Looper posted:

you're a monster

i liked the ghost designs in the cemetery too much to attack them, but i think you only get one dream point for each anyway so it's hardly helpful

I feel bad but my intentions were good I promise!!! You can't sell cookies you're a drat ghost!!!

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Does anyone think Hollow Knight is worth playing? I read through the thread, but there doesn't seem to be any consensus.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Skip it and play Snake Pass.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Zibidibodel posted:

Does anyone think Hollow Knight is worth playing? I read through the thread, but there doesn't seem to be any consensus.

all you need to know is it's a dark souls game, not a metroid game. don't let anyone fool you into thinking otherwise.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I feel bad but my intentions were good I promise!!! You can't sell cookies you're a drat ghost!!!

There was a bug right in front who said Hey, Don't Cut A Ghost!!!!!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

EightFlyingCars posted:

I read that if you kill every ghost there and come back, the guard guy forgets why he’s there and gets all depressed and no longer fights hard. I would never do it though.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Tales of Woe posted:

all you need to know is it's a dark souls game, not a metroid game. don't let anyone fool you into thinking otherwise.

How is this thread so consistently wrong about things

On an unrelated note my doctor told me I need to stay off SA and other "toxic communities" or w/e if I want to live past 30

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Seriously gently caress the deepnest. It's ticking all the wrong boxes for my anxiety. I found a giant spider and freaked the hell out and killed it. Now I have Ore and I'm lost again and waaah I hate this place ;_;

EightFlyingCars posted:

YOU CANT TRUST A GHOST

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

KingSlime posted:

How is this thread so consistently wrong about things

On an unrelated note my doctor told me I need to stay off SA and other "toxic communities" or w/e if I want to live past 30

why would anyone want to live

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Breath of the Wild so far, I got the glider and it's awesome, and i've fall off a bunch of cliffs and died and that was pretty funny.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Zibidibodel posted:

well what kind of games do you like fam

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Neltharak posted:

I finally got a switch. I got odyssey and am waiting to get a friend's botw copy. I got a 7 hour train trip tomorrow, and another two days after that. I get up in 6 hours. Tell me what game to download overnight, thread :(

(Octopath traveler was high on my list, but i'm taking other ideas.)

Stardew valley is a nice change of pace from the games you've got

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Found a boss that actually took me a couple tries. I still don't really understand the intended way to beat him.

Galien. I got him low every time but his bouncy rock thing just turned into a homing shot in his last phase and I couldn't fake it out anymore. Winning run was just a damage race because I couldn't get it off me at all. First time I've felt like I was doing something a little too early. If I get a dash with i-frames or something later I'll kick myself.

Total Death Count: 7

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice
Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone have any experience buying from the Japanese eshop? Should I just change my Nintendo account region and change it back (I have a download code to use) or create a whole new account? I guess my question is what would be the easiest way to accomplish this? I don't intend to use the japan eshop besides this time.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Tales of Woe posted:

Dark Souls is a Metroid game tho.

ThisIsACoolGuy I am 100% a fan of your trip reports and keep going. Sorry you became a ghost murderer though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Lobster posted:

While I'm sad that the Isabelle av I bought you is already gone, I think this one is way funnier.

Thank you so much for that av, it was fantastic

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Just tried to play the monster hunter demo after playing world, yeah I definitely cannot go back

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Just tried to play the monster hunter demo after playing world, yeah I definitely cannot go back

I love classic mh and yeah it's a really bad demo

It almost turned me off for a hot minute last night, but I know I still want it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
how loving lovely is Monster Hunter that even people who like it are like "yeah you may just want to play the easiest version.... oh and that's after you watch six hours of YouTube tutorials"

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Wendell posted:

I wish Celeste was on sale.
Lucky you, it's on sale for $19.99.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The best Monster Hunter demo is having some friends who are really into it teach you.

Despite how good World is, I never got it because I'm in a rare situation where I still meet up with friends locally on weekends and we all have Switches, and spent loads of time playing the 3DS ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

mysterious frankie posted:

Don't get Zelda before the trip, unless you're good with your trip being entirely about playing Zelda in a hotel instead of your house. That thing will consume you and nearly every other activity will feel like something that just gets in the way of playing more Zelda.

This is accurate. I am a week into my first playthrough and I don't want to work or eat anymore

weed appetite's holding up though

• Locked thread