Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Hobold posted:

Why is Trinity there. I've heard people say she's for keeping lures alive, but in the 40-50 teras I've run, as Atlas, I've only ever lost like 3. Still not really sure how any of them died, they were just there one second, gone the next.

Trinity is there to both keep all the lures alive but also to mitigate a lot of that damage out of nowhere bullshit you will see from eidolons.

Gant/hydro do significantly more damage than teralyst and have more obnoxious AOE attacks - bless giving up to 75% DR and healing on demand is huge there both for lures and your teammates. Otherwise you're going to be spending all your time trying to find and refill more lures and also everyone will be dead and out of revives.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, I just think if there was any semi-reasonable source of Quills rep that wasn't eidolons it wouldn't be nearly as big an issue. I mean I guess you could go and farm what, 50 cores from vomvalysts for tier 1 and then 60 cores for the amp blueprints, but ugh. I've only ever seen like five of them doing random poo poo in the Plains.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, I just think if there was any semi-reasonable source of Quills rep that wasn't eidolons it wouldn't be nearly as big an issue. I mean I guess you could go and farm what, 50 cores from vomvalysts for tier 1 and then 60 cores for the amp blueprints, but ugh. I've only ever seen like five of them doing random poo poo in the Plains.

I did this when I first started messing with it. It sucked, but I managed to get around 100 voms in one night.

Psion posted:

Trinity is there to both keep all the lures alive but also to mitigate a lot of that damage out of nowhere bullshit you will see from eidolons.

Gant/hydro do significantly more damage than teralyst and have more obnoxious AOE attacks - bless giving up to 75% DR and healing on demand is huge there both for lures and your teammates. Otherwise you're going to be spending all your time trying to find and refill more lures and also everyone will be dead and out of revives.

Even more reason I almost don't want to jack with them. Gant was fun the first time I fought him, but Hydro doesn't seem enjoyable. That blue poo poo that pops up all over when they do the tree arm slam, drives me crazy.

If only orbiter decorations were tradable, that'd solve several of my dilemmas. (gently caress you Pickle Sequence. I'm not grinding your rep for the icon.)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Kyrosiris posted:

I think the problem is that saying "a not-mote amp" is a minimum kinda clashes with the idea that doing eidolons is one of the only ways to really get a non-mote amp.

That's not true though. You can kill vomvalysts all over the plains for cores to rank up Quills to the first level, and it takes barely any.

I didn't kill a single eidolon until I already had my 1/1/1 amp. Farming the wisps and other mats were harder than ranking up Quills once.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Revenant next week, according to dev stream

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!
Sounds like there might be a new wisp farm coming too.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
I thought it was a new Warframe codenamed “wisp”

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

:laugh:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Psion posted:

I don't think it's a coincidence my experience has been positive and I've never pubbed a eidolon.
I know this is going to sound like I'm being a dick, and I honestly am not trying to, but if you've never done it then you can't really say it's bad.

I just hopped on earlier and did this in 8 minutes with Volt and pubbies (War Within / Second Dream spoilers obviously) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30D0lrMVFfM

As you can see I'm terrible at it. I OP died twice I think, but as long as you don't die in your frame, nobody notices. Half the time I missed the synovia, screwed up my reload timings, or forgot my shield. And we still cleared it in 8 minutes.

Sure you get the occasional gently caress up where nobody knows what they're doing - that's true of any mode in Warframe, and if wiping is going to wind someone up then absolutely, they should avoid matchmaking. But even on console (where the best pubbies are on par with PC's worst), pubbie eidolons are not the horror show everyone makes out, and I've done a ton of them.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 17, 2018

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
For the few Gara players, they added a new tracker for the damage of your shield in the bottom right corner. No longer do you have to guess how much damage it does.

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011
I was so happy when I saw that Gift of the Lotus is a Shotgun Riven. I love my shotguns, maybe I'll get something good...

...oh.

I can barely hit headshots when standing :shepicide:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Mine was easy to unlock. 2 caches with a sentinel out.

Then it rolled for Phage.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Malek Deneith posted:

I was so happy when I saw that Gift of the Lotus is a Shotgun Riven. I love my shotguns, maybe I'll get something good...

...oh.

Can't you just run a lowbie infestation and fire wildly into the crowd? It's not like it has to be consecuritve

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Malek Deneith posted:

...oh.

Use Zephyr. And throw some mods on so you fall even slower.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
So the shotgun riven I got from the gift of the lotus had requirements of “get 9 headshot kills over 100m away in one day.” Good loving thing the arca scisco exists. Was hoping for kohm but a strun damage/multishot/fire damage roll is pretty loving rad too

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Malek Deneith posted:

...oh.

Astilla is a good pick unless you feel lucky and want to khom through the competition. Also those vents on Jupiter count as a single jump so you can take your time in a survival there.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Malek Deneith posted:

...oh.

A really good tip I got for this a while back. Go to the defense on outer terminus, Pluto as Loki. Stack on aim glide mods, hit 4 to disarm everyone. Go invis and all the enemies will stack on the defense objective and whack at it with batons. Tons of enemies all in one spot makes perfect headshot fodder. Easy mode if you have the arca plasmor.

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!

CommunityEdition posted:

Yes, that that's the joke.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Sazabi posted:

Astilla is a good pick unless you feel lucky and want to khom through the competition. Also those vents on Jupiter count as a single jump so you can take your time in a survival there.

This right here is your best option. Find the tall exhaust vent on the Jupiter survival and you'll get a shitload more time to aimglide, practically in place, and corpus dudes have big heads.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

CommunityEdition posted:

devinebovine posted:

Yes, that that's the joke.

There also may be a new warframe that they haven't previewed that is codenamed Wisp, the studio director or whatever made mention of it during today's dev-stream.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I have a new project. :unsmigghh:

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I have a new project. :unsmigghh:

You have a new project?

I claimed the twitch prime rewards about 4 hours ago. My body is ready.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I know this is going to sound like I'm being a dick, and I honestly am not trying to, but if you've never done it then you can't really say it's bad.

nah I get you but their experiences have been the general opposite of mine and that's the defining difference. I'm sure there are good pub dolon experiences but they're not as consistent as a premade where you can set proper expectations, especially if someone is coming in with a lack of established dolon-meta gear. it's luck of the draw vs planned experience, of course one will be more reliable

Psion fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 18, 2018

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I think the only reason I haven't run in to terrible pubbie groups for terralysts is because I can basically solo them at this point. I have terrible experience with pubbie tridolons, still. I'd recommend against doing it, though certainly more people are better at it now.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

FunkyFjord posted:

I think the only reason I haven't run in to terrible pubbie groups for terralysts is because I can basically solo them at this point. I have terrible experience with pubbie tridolons, still. I'd recommend against doing it, though certainly more people are better at it now.

It's a crapshoot. Sometimes it feels like the Chroma is soloing all three, other times you end up with three Sprint Boost Rhinos using Motes. It's fun sometimes.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Malek Deneith posted:

...oh.

You could also airburst a Penta.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Malek Deneith posted:

...oh.

Zephyr, low level defense, + Aim Glide. I have to do the same thing for a Riven except I have to have a Hobbled Dragon Key equipped lol

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Terralyst fight's real hurdle is the shield. A pub group of all mote amps will take a long rear end time to deal with that. A group with at least 2 people with the first amp will make that go faster. The rest is just trying to keep alive from his attacks. Frame and weapon composition mattered less although if everyone got a radiation weapon, it goes much faster.

Vom farming without dolon hunting is better with another person. Just head in different directions. Kill voms you find and your pal would've done the same. You both would see each other's sentient core markers. If you head to the marker and your pal do the same to yours, by the time you get there new voms would have spawned. Then you just keep going back and forth and kill more voms in between trips. I can get like 28 cores in half an hour. I'm building my 1st tier amp (on second account) just from hunting voms. They also spawn at set spots and always at Grineer camps with lures. Though you will need a weapon that can quickly kill lures so they don't suck up the voms.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Echophonic posted:

You could also airburst a Penta.

it's a shotgun riven, so that would be kind of difficult.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

As a mote amp owner, what is the first amp configuration I should try to build to get myself out of this predicament?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Oh, right, that didn't click. It'd work for other headshot rivens, at least.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

SIGSEGV posted:

As a mote amp owner, what is the first amp configuration I should try to build to get myself out of this predicament?
The three parts available at tier 1. Later on, you can pick and choose, but for now just building anything that's not a mote amp is what's important.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Teralyst hunting is nowhere near as difficult as people in the thread make it out to be. If you're a clueless newbie with a mote amp you can use the bounty system in cetus to join a random group. As long as one person in the group knows what they are doing, the Teralyst will eventually die and you will get loot. If your group somehow fails, then join another one and try again. It will cost you nothing but time.

Malek Deneith posted:

...oh.

For headshot rivens, go to PoE at night and shoot the Teralyst in the head. It'll count even when it's invulnerable, and since it doesn't die to the first bullet you'll get multiple headshots from multishot.

You don't need to actually USE the rivened weapon to unlock it. You only need to have the riven on an equipped shotgun, you can use a pistol or even a melee weapon to complete the challenge.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Avulsion posted:

Teralyst hunting is nowhere near as difficult as people in the thread make it out to be. If you're a clueless newbie with a mote amp you can use the bounty system in cetus to join a random group. As long as one person in the group knows what they are doing, the Teralyst will eventually die and you will get loot. If your group somehow fails, then join another one and try again. It will cost you nothing but time.

For headshot rivens, go to PoE at night and shoot the Teralyst in the head. It'll count even when it's invulnerable, and since it doesn't die to the first bullet you'll get multiple headshots from multishot.

You don't need to actually USE the rivened weapon to unlock it. You only need to have the riven on an equipped shotgun, you can use a pistol or even a melee weapon to complete the challenge.

well, it wants kills, so they can't use the Teralyst like that. And it's a shotgun riven, which so they can't use the penta as suggested.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Avulsion posted:

You don't need to actually USE the rivened weapon to unlock it. You only need to have the riven on an equipped shotgun, you can use a pistol...

Yeah.

Arca Scisco is a good headshot pistol. Any kind of Lex too, and probably others.

Avulsion posted:

...or even a melee weapon to complete the challenge.

I'm going to try my next headshot riven with a Sarpa for shits & giggles. This thing is actually quite fun.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I'm beginning to think the goddamn axi S7 is never going to drop. My previous plan of just picking up as many Axi relics as I can and hoping to leech off someone else isn't working since that's what everyone else seems to be doing.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FunkyFjord posted:

Yeah, I do a fair amount of pub Terrys and it's chill. Sometimes you get others that know exactly what they're doing, othertimes you run the show wrangling lures and doing all the DPS. Definitely agree on tridolons as well, it's old school MMO if you don't want to risk the frustration. A premade group in the way to go.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

drat. The Chains of Harrow quest is kinda spooky and really sad.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the harrow farm is much more tragic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

the harrow farm is much more tragic

Oh I bought that fucker