Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Kikas posted:

There are 2D sections during that fight, which are horrible and you can run out of rings cause the track the battle takes place is on a loop and doesn't respawn rings.

It's been a while since I've done that fight, but I'm pretty sure you can get more boost anyway by running face first into the wrecked cars, which do respawn. This does not damage you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I like these new characters they're introducing, but did they really say 'crap' in a children's comic?

Yes, that's not an edit.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I like these new characters they're introducing, but did they really say 'crap' in a children's comic?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Everyone knows IDW comics are for middle aged nerds

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Silver confirmed to be Mayor Chuck Goodrich.

Although what I really want is for them to work out that Silver travelling back to the future is what triggers everything going to poo poo again, and he never learns that if he just stays put then everything will be fine.

Or alternatively, he never actually time travels and is just hallucinating everything.

Children don’t buy comics anymore

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Since when is 'crap' that bad a word, anyways. It's like saying 'darn' or 'dang'

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
E;f,b

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

*gasp* That's almost as bad as the S. T. U. P. I. D. word!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Knuckles said "drat" in Sonic Runners once and no one batted an eye.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

I don't know if enough people were playing to really hear it.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
WHERE IS THAT D A R N FOURTH EMERALD

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Sonic is to cool to say bad words so he friends make up for it.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

holy **** lois

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

People need to stop freaking out when Sonic stories show a tiny bit of teeth.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Jarogue posted:

he says "kuso" in Japanese in Unleashed when you get a D rank, and that can mean anything from "dang" to "gently caress"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

They said crap in hey arnold once

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I have a hard time buying that you genuinely think "crap" is some bad word that we should protect the youth from in a series that has people with guns shouting "drat" angrily as a meme.

Also:

TheKingofSprings posted:

Children don’t buy comics anymore

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Jarogue posted:

Sonic says drat in Shadow the Hedgehog as well.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Elentor posted:

I have a hard time buying that you genuinely think "crap" is some bad word that we should protect the youth from in a series that has people with guns shouting "drat" angrily as a meme.

Could be a cultural thing, crap is on par with poo poo in the UK.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Augus posted:

They said crap in hey arnold once

Was literally thinking the same thing

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Xad posted:

Since when is 'crap' that bad a word, anyways. It's like saying 'darn' or 'dang'

it was still a bad word in 1998, the line where brave fencer musashi says crap is the only one in the entire game that doesn't write out what's being said because they wanted to sneak it past the esrb i guess?

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Definitely isn't in this part of the UK.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Evil Eagle posted:

Sonic says drat in Shadow the Hedgehog as well.

It was a dark point in his life ok

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

ROFL Octopus posted:

It was a dark point in his life ok

Or it was a Hero point in his life, depending on which ending you were shooting for.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Cartoon aired Hellboy Animated in the late 2000s and one of the first things he said was "crap." It was pretty refreshing to hear.

Also they aired a Hellboy cartoon and it wasn't even on Adult Swim or Toonami which was dead at the time.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

"You're drat right, Knuckles." - Sonic the Hedgehog

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs7PmoHpNhA

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

The White Dragon posted:

it was still a bad word in 1998, the line where brave fencer musashi says crap is the only one in the entire game that doesn't write out what's being said because they wanted to sneak it past the esrb i guess?

Ah yes, 20 years ago.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
sonic turns toward the camera and narrows his freakish bi-pupil monoeye, grits his fangs, and hisses, "i will gently caress you up docotr robotnik"

and then he flips you off

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Screaming Idiot posted:

sonic turns toward the camera and narrows his freakish bi-pupil monoeye, grits his fangs, and hisses, "i will gently caress you up docotr robotnik"

and then he flips you off

He did this in my copy but I got my cart from a flea market and it didn't have a label, also Sonic's eyes were bleeding so I guess the whole thing was a bit off

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i hear speedrunners use the haunted version because the text scrolls faster

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Larryb posted:

He wasn't playable but he did appear in Generations, Forces and the DS version of Colors.

Silver and Blaze in Colors DS were great.
Silver? He's just there to check out the best amusement park in history. Yes, he time traveled for that. No, it doesn't have anything to do with future shenanigans.

Blaze? She was summoned here by the Sol Emeralds. It must be important! But Sonic's here, he's got it, she's just gonna ride some rides and hang out with Silver.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I cannot think of anywhere in the UK that this would be the case outside of in a religious primary school or something. Crap is barely a swear.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

What precious corner of the country are you in where this is the case

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I've been all around the country. :shrug: Obviously I, a grown man, am happy to use it, but I'm pretty sure it's still considered a post-watershed word on TV.

But I can't remember the last time I even heard it outside of casual conversation, so maybe times have just changed and it's simply never come up for me; I'm not arguing against it!

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Aug 18, 2018

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I'm sure you won't find 'crap' in media made specifically for children but Ofcom officially rate it 'mild' and therefore suitable pre-watershed:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.indy100.com/article/british-swear-words-ranked-ofcom-7340446%3famp

poo poo is however considered 'Medium' and will generally not be allowed pre-watershed, but theres a little wiggle room for context.

Attitudes towards swear words have obviously changed over time but while 'Crap may have once been considered worse than 'poo poo' is nowadays I don't think it was ever considered a worse swear than 'poo poo' was at the time.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Oh, well good, then. Craps all around!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

"The watershed" sounds way cooler than "prime time" but where does that term come from?

Google says something about 'dividing drainage basins' like whoa judgmental much google?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

corn in the bible posted:

i hear speedrunners use the haunted version because the text scrolls faster

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
I cant wait for 'Sonic Crap' to come out tbh.