Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Welp, I read the whole SA article and now I can add another to the list of things I've "learned" on SA like keyboard goop and goatse. Sure I'm getting my :10bux: worth of mental horrors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

:yeshaha:

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

DarkHorse posted:

:abrathink: - any reason for this, beyond the proliferation of “thunk” style emoticons?

It's adorable, which is reason enough in my book!

quote:

:thinkdorm:

Would be interested in the context of that guy.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Puppy Time posted:

Would be interested in the context of that guy.

Moldorm is a boss in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, notorious for being able to waste a ton of your time even when you know what you're doing. This being the SNES era of games, it was a worm made of a bunch of circles that followed each other around, and that's the head.

e: I'm not sure why it's a thunk, though. :trolldorm: would have been my first choice.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Ew.

Something truly awful.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

This is from a Kelly comic (of The Onion fame) where that guy labeled “perverts” is staring in the window and laughing because of something or other.

It gets used a lot in politics threads, often in a schadenfreude context

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

DarkHorse posted:

This is from a Kelly comic (of The Onion fame) where that guy labeled “perverts” is staring in the window and laughing because of something or other.

It gets used a lot in politics threads, often in a schadenfreude context
iirc the label was "sickos"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
For those not in the know: :mcnally:

Antivehicular posted:

Something amazing is going down in GiP

Short version: Dude comes up with a goofy military-parody shirt design, GiP goons want it, he collects orders and money for 70-ish shirts, there are several months of delay in shirt production, then they finally go out... and they're all 6XL plain white T-shirts with iron-ons of the OP in uniform shooting finger guns at the camera. Several people spent non-trivial sums ordering multiple shirts and/or shipping internationally. Some people are amused! More people are pissed! Some other poster is trying to get the original shirt design ordered! Goon projects!

The original design

The shirt that shipped

Terrible Robot posted:

I GOT A SHIRT

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL ABOUT THIS

Start reading the thread from this page onward:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3854490&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=10

no spoilers :ssh:

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

The original design

The shirt that shipped

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3854490&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=10

Was the week probation part of the joke or a mistake?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It was a GiP mod getting super mad at how utterly unrepentant McNally was/is :allears:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Double Punctuation posted:

Was the week probation part of the joke or a mistake?

I think the probes were made when folks were still under the assumption that the 6XLs were for real but I'm not sure

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

TheRagamuffin posted:

Moldorm is a boss in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, notorious for being able to waste a ton of your time even when you know what you're doing. This being the SNES era of games, it was a worm made of a bunch of circles that followed each other around, and that's the head.

e: I'm not sure why it's a thunk, though. :trolldorm: would have been my first choice.

Yeah, I was more wondering why he was a thinky. Moldorm is a huge pain in the rear end and I hate him.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

made for the trump thread, which has had a... few variations

and the original is

Fuck You And Diebold has a new favorite as of 04:20 on Jul 28, 2018

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
that is magical

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

made for the trump thread, which has had a... few variations

and the original is

Has anyone got the "ha ha ... pisss" video cassette variation the gbs thread was fond of?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

The original design

The shirt that shipped

:allears: That's amazing and I wish I could get one for my commissioned officer brother in law. :mcnally:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

DarkHorse posted:

I’ve noticed a whole lot of new smilies lately
:ullerrm: is a few years old and is from the EVE Online thread. Ullerrm was a good theorycrafter and responsible for many of the ship designs we used in Goonfleet, thus the teacher with the EVE icon for a ship.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

tight aspirations posted:

Has anyone got the "ha ha ... pisss" video cassette variation the gbs thread was fond of?

found it in an updated sickos.gif

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Holy poo poo

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
amazing

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Found a good explanation of this in the military history thread

:umberto:

Cythereal posted:

It comes from the D&D forum, of course. A lot of the threads in that forum get around to discussing the hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance displayed by certain political groups and media personalities, which used to inevitably lead to someone bringing up Eco, leading to that quote, leading to a three to ten page quagmire about the definition of fascism and whether a given political group are Nazis or not. That smiley was created to short-circuit that particular routine by going "Yes yes we all know how this goes shut up and let's skip the derail."

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

DarkHorse posted:

:comfysamus: - was this from SGDQ?

Yep, from the SGDQ Chillthread aka Samus Aran Fanart Appreciation Station. I don't know if it's a scaled down version of existing art or an original goon creation, though.

See also :fluffy:.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Collateral Damage posted:

Found a good explanation of this in the military history thread

:umberto:

I don't like how they misused cognitive dissonance, since none of the people involved are smart enough to feel discomfort at holding contradictory beliefs

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

ToxicFrog posted:

Yep, from the SGDQ Chillthread aka Samus Aran Fanart Appreciation Station. I don't know if it's a scaled down version of existing art or an original goon creation, though.
looks like a scaled down version of the https://www.google.com/search?q=samus+drinking+tea

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

What is the origin of stimpire.txt?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

sebmojo posted:

It's a Star Citizen fanfic.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

sebmojo posted:

It was one of the weirder things on the Star Citizen official forums. It stood out in a sea of players* sexually harassing other forum members, or wanting realistic rape penalties from pirate encounters.

*You can only play games that exist.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I think it was a (possibly goon written) parody of the ultra-grimdark and obviously fetishistic settings that sci-fi ultradorks can't shut the gently caress up about.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It wasn't goon written.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
What is the origin of :borked: ?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
it’s what happens when you get borked

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Nice

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Android Apocalypse posted:

What is the origin of :borked: ?

oh thats mine from the cspam trump thread, Schnorkles is a regular poster there who posts about polls a bunch and had the av

that then got photoshopped into a million different things

etc
so then

Bearjew posted:

Schnorkles help what is BOFA

DryGoods posted:

i'm not sure he's the one to ask on that

that doesnt slow him down any

turns out you can bork the schnork

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It wasn't goon written.

I don't think it was a parody, either.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
This... explains nothing. :psyduck:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

oh thats mine from the cspam trump thread, Schnorkles is a regular poster there who posts about polls a bunch and had the av

that then got photoshopped into a million different things

etc
so then

turns out you can bork the schnork

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

:nsa::nsacloud::nsallears::nsamad::nsavince:

what are all the nsa faces from?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

jony ive aces posted:

they're all from the yospos security fuckup thread afaik. It pretty much just is :nsa:x:allears: I guess. Like to respond to dumb unsecure practices that yospos finds amusing/adorable and that the NSA could potentially find useful.

you also missed :nsacloud: about the dangers of cloud computing because :regd08: (I think I may have made the cloud and allears ones, can't remember. but someone else bought them)

original smiley is from this c/o Snowden

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

:mamacita: why?
:tif: ?
is :smugjones: after Alex Jones? I see this guy is very popular in NA (mind that I'm spanish and I only watch memes about him).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Guillermus posted:

is :smugjones: after Alex Jones? I see this guy is very popular in NA (mind that I'm spanish and I only watch memes about him).

No, it's Jones from the webcomic Gunnerkrigg Court, a character who never smiles