Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

E: *starts jumping and screaming during story time*
ME: "E, you need to chill, bro."
E: "OH, MY GOD, OKAY!"
________
MS. OTHERTEACHER: "E, you're being very calm and respectful. Thank you."
E: *whispers* "I need to chill."

This is really sweet. Little-kid coping techniques tend to be disproportionately charming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Gaukler posted:

I'm not sure what kind of knights you play with? :confused:

I'm not falling for this twice! That's not a knight, it's a rook! :colbert:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

The_White_Crane posted:

I'm not falling for this twice! That's not a knight, it's a rook! :colbert:

Nah it’s a Prawn.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

The Lord Bude posted:

Nah it’s a Prawn.

Actually, it's a small pastry.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Its a pastry knight.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

The Lord Bude posted:

Nah it’s a Prawn.

*groan*
I missed the best joke!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

The_White_Crane posted:

*groan*
I missed the best joke!

I'm glad somebody got it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Some terrible parent showed their kid Jack Packard's I make poo poos and pee pees song, the singing of it has spread to every child here and they will not stop.

This is a warcrime.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Misterbibsyouareincrediblyincorrect.jpg

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

Some terrible parent showed their kid Jack Packard's I make poo poos and pee pees song, the singing of it has spread to every child here and they will not stop.

This is a warcrime.

I have no objection to this song; or its singing. Your kids have culture.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

The Lord Bude posted:

I have no objection to this song; or its singing. Your kids have culture.

You'd think so. I'll fully admit it was cute the first couple times. The first couple iterations. Before it spread as quickly as Eloba, an SCP, or that bug in World of Warcraft that the CDC actually studied.

Then it got taxing.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 05:07 on May 13, 2018

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gaukler posted:

I'm not sure what kind of knights you play with? :confused:

lol holy poo poo

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Waiting to see “Incredibles 2” and the family behind me:

Older son: I think this movie is going to be incredible!!
Dad: I think it’s going to be Incredible Too! :v:
Older son: ...
Younger son: I get Dad’s jokes, but they’re not funny.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

one of my EFL kiddos kept trying to say "skyscraper", but came up with "skycrapper" and it was very, VERY hard not to laugh.

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

one of my EFL kiddos kept trying to say "skyscraper", but came up with "skycrapper" and it was very, VERY hard not to laugh.
Don’t give Trump any ideas for new projects

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I got a random call this moring, it was Nova my 3 Year old. She way trying to say "Happy Father's Day" but all I could understand " Fart Turds Dad"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

CaptainCrunch posted:

Waiting to see “Incredibles 2” and the family behind me:

Older son: I think this movie is going to be incredible!!
Dad: I think it’s going to be Incredible Too! :v:
Older son: ...
Younger son: I get Dad’s jokes, but they’re not funny.

That kid is wrong

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
I wish text could convey the utter disdain in the kid’s voice.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Nova went all Lebowski on her lifelike baby the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk7ETyxqLMA

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I'm supervising my summer monsters at the pool and a kid from another class is walking around singing, "I'm a ROOOOCKET, I'm a ROOOOCKET, la la laaaa" in a thick Spanish accent, and it's everything.

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 13:58 on Jul 4, 2018

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

BAD NEWS: One of my students hulked out and smashed his chair into me hard enough to knock me down (he's only ten, but he's taller and heavier than I am.)

GOOD NEWS: another student put on sunglasses and is following me around school, announcing to everyone in a thick Russian accent, "Hello! I am security!"

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My wife had a fun interaction with our six-year-old daughter.

"I want money to buy robots and stuff."
"You can earn money doing extra chores. Here's some window cleaner, want to clean the windows?"
"Oh! Ok, sure!"

Five minutes later my wife walks back into the room and sees our 4-year-old son furiously scrubbing the windows, our daughter standing over him, arms crossed. "Make sure you get ALL the smudges or else Mommy won't pay me."

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

U-DO Burger posted:

My wife had a fun interaction with our six-year-old daughter.

"I want money to buy robots and stuff."
"You can earn money doing extra chores. Here's some window cleaner, want to clean the windows?"
"Oh! Ok, sure!"

Five minutes later my wife walks back into the room and sees our 4-year-old son furiously scrubbing the windows, our daughter standing over him, arms crossed. "Make sure you get ALL the smudges or else Mommy won't pay me."
:capitalism:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

My nephews were playing tetherball, the oldest came up to me: "my new motto is: at least I tried"

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

BAD NEWS: One of my students hulked out and smashed his chair into me hard enough to knock me down (he's only ten, but he's taller and heavier than I am.)

Whoa, how goddamed short are you, there? Or how big is that loving ten year old? Either you're a legal midget or he's loving massive.

Not that there's anything wrong with either, it just caught me off guard.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

btw did i mention im a fan of your ruski bodyguardski there, that kid is cool

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

GOOD NEWS: another student put on sunglasses and is following me around school, announcing to everyone in a thick Russian accent, "Hello! I am security!"

Don't you teach in China? This is infinitely funnier if it's a Chinese ten-year-old pretending to be a Russian bodyguard.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
IIRC Barcelona, now, but what does a Spanish child’s Russian accent sound like?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

¡dos свидания!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

DicktheCat posted:

Whoa, how goddamed short are you, there? Or how big is that loving ten year old? Either you're a legal midget or he's loving massive.

Not that there's anything wrong with either, it just caught me off guard.

I'm 5'3/~161 cm, so not that short, but this kid is has more than a few inches on me and is pretty fat. His younger brother, too.

They were expelled on Wednesday for fighting. I am really sad because I worked so hard with this kid and he made a lot of improvements, but in the end there is just no way for us to accommodate his social/behavioural issues. We are an extracurricular EFL program and we don't have counseling services available, especially not during the summer when the full-time staff is on vacation. They are actually Chinese, but have been in Barcelona for four years. You'd never know it to see them in class. We know there is abuse at home, which is why my boss let him and his brother participate in the weekend and summer programs for the past four years without kicking them out despite constant problems, but they just keep acting like Chinese kids at a Chinese school typically do: fighting all the time, being very disrespectful towards adults, completing assignments when and if they feel like it, a complete inability to "read the room" regarding how they relate to other children...super tuhao. And the mother screamed the house down when we let her know about the expulsion. Demanded money back for the last day. My boss transferred it immediately.

Krankenstyle posted:

¡dos свидания!

This made me snork.

The security kid actually speaks Russian! I had two native Russian speakers students in my summer session. It took the rest of the class almost two weeks before JESUS CHRIST GUYS THEY DON'T SPEAK CASTELLANO finally sunk in and they started communicating with each other in English.

Security Kid was so great. He was absolutely flummoxed by the Spanish students because they were so childish by comparison. He basically moves from country to country with his family, perpetually attending various EFL special courses and camps in lieu of regular school for most of the year, so he's very independent and fairly mature for his age. He would ask me really specific questions about my life and my travels, and we bonded over that.

I could also tease him more than the other kids. He would come in and say, "Miss Fleta, look, these shorts are Dolce and Gabbana, and my shoes are Dolce and Gabbana, and my backpack is Gucci," and I would say, "Don't be such a bandeet." And he would laugh.

I'm gonna miss him. The last day was yesterday and we made a pinky promise with each other to both be back next year. He gave me all of his projects from art class and asked me to hang him up in the classroom next year so he can see them when he comes in. :3:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I like this security kid.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
From a friend's facebook post.

quote:

Child, at breakfast, apropos of nothing: “Well, I do need to get a welding torch.”

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Another instalment of "My nephew tells jokes on Skype"

Q: Why did the teenage crab get in trouble with his parents?
A: Because he scuttled STRAIGHT home from the party!

mania
Sep 9, 2004
At preschool today:

3 1/2 year old only child whose mom isn't pregnant: "My didi (little brother) is late."

Me: "Oh, how long have you been waiting for didi?"

Kid: "Sooooo long! I wait for a very long time."

A short while later, same kid, "No one around me is fat, so no babies :("

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

mania posted:

At preschool today:

3 1/2 year old only child whose mom isn't pregnant: "My didi (little brother) is late."

Me: "Oh, how long have you been waiting for didi?"

Kid: "Sooooo long! I wait for a very long time."

A short while later, same kid, "No one around me is fat, so no babies :("

He was just trying to get a taxi.

Also, that's HILARIOUS.

impossirrel
Jul 6, 2018

Blast my cache!
My six year old cousin, after finishing his Hi-C on the beach:
“Ah, nothin’ like a cold fuckin’ juice box”

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

impossirrel posted:

My six year old cousin, after finishing his Hi-C on the beach:
“Ah, nothin’ like a cold fuckin’ juice box”

word :respek:

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

From my brother and his daughter/my niece:

Brother: "How old is (her name)?"
Niece: "One!"
Brother: "And how old is daddy?"
Niece: "...four!"

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

It's a little unfair to laugh about this, but one of my students cannot pronounce the word "criminals" and keeps saying "caramels" instead. :3:"The police officer catch caramels!"

She also says "whores" instead of "hours," but that's somehow not as funny to me.

ME: "If someone asked you to describe China, what would you say?"
STUDENT: "China is like a chicken."
:confused:
There was an outline of China on the slide in front of us, so he did roughly this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

poo poo, now I can't unsee it