Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

pmchem posted:

I'd keep Collins, simply because it's only costing you a 10th and his relative value is much better than anyone else on the list. You'll need RBs.

Yeah. That's like a 7 round bonus on Collins. He's easily the cheapest round for his ADP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Veritek83 posted:

Keeper advice please-

12 team, 1 PPR - 1QB / 2RB / 2WR / 1TE / 2 FLEX(RB/WR/TE). Keep 2 in the noted round. I have the 1.1 pick in the snake draft. Other keepers aren't nailed down yet, but my guess is that the top-tier non-rookies are all going to be kept, probably in the first three rounds.

1 David Johnson, Ari RB
2 Brandin Cooks, LAR WR
3 Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR
4 Travis Kelce, KC TE
5 Stefon Diggs, Min WR
8 Tevin Coleman, Atl RB
9 James White, NE RB
10 Ty Montgomery, GB RB
10 Alex Collins, BAL RB
13 Tyler Lockett, Sea WR
14 Devin Funchess, Car WR

With Bell and Gurley almost certainly being kept by their respective owners (in the 2nd and 3rd, respectively, gross) I shouldn't keep Johnson, as I can just pick him at 1.1. Maybe there's a compelling case that develops over the next two weeks for someone else at 1.1, but I kinda doubt it. Diggs in the 5th seems like a no-brainer to me. Other than that, I'm torn- Kelce in the 4th is nice, but I'm usually content to stream TE. Collins in the 10th is potentially great value, but counting on the BAL offense is never a comfortable place to be. If Burkhead and Michel both struggle to get and stay healthy, James White should see a serious uptick in value. Similarly TyMont and Coleman both have decent floors thanks to receiving and weekly top 24 upside or better in case of an injury. I don't really love any of the non-Diggs WR options as they either don't really represent much value (Cooks, Fitz) or aren't going to be particularly consistent (Lockett, Funchess).

I’m keeping Diggs or Collins & then DJ.

Then I’d try to trade him for another 1st & something. then Grab Kamara so you have Barkley, Kamara, and another keeper (Diggs, Kelce, or Collins)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Veritek83 posted:

Keeper advice please-

12 team, 1 PPR - 1QB / 2RB / 2WR / 1TE / 2 FLEX(RB/WR/TE). Keep 2 in the noted round. I have the 1.1 pick in the snake draft. Other keepers aren't nailed down yet, but my guess is that the top-tier non-rookies are all going to be kept, probably in the first three rounds.

1 David Johnson, Ari RB
2 Brandin Cooks, LAR WR
3 Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR
4 Travis Kelce, KC TE
5 Stefon Diggs, Min WR
8 Tevin Coleman, Atl RB
9 James White, NE RB
10 Ty Montgomery, GB RB
10 Alex Collins, BAL RB
13 Tyler Lockett, Sea WR
14 Devin Funchess, Car WR

With Bell and Gurley almost certainly being kept by their respective owners (in the 2nd and 3rd, respectively, gross) I shouldn't keep Johnson, as I can just pick him at 1.1. Maybe there's a compelling case that develops over the next two weeks for someone else at 1.1, but I kinda doubt it. Diggs in the 5th seems like a no-brainer to me. Other than that, I'm torn- Kelce in the 4th is nice, but I'm usually content to stream TE. Collins in the 10th is potentially great value, but counting on the BAL offense is never a comfortable place to be. If Burkhead and Michel both struggle to get and stay healthy, James White should see a serious uptick in value. Similarly TyMont and Coleman both have decent floors thanks to receiving and weekly top 24 upside or better in case of an injury. I don't really love any of the non-Diggs WR options as they either don't really represent much value (Cooks, Fitz) or aren't going to be particularly consistent (Lockett, Funchess).

Your logic on DJ is spot on. No point in keeping him. Just redraft him, unless a better option becomes available. (It won't)

Collins is a no brainer here. You should be selecting your keepers based on how much value you are getting relative to their current ADP. Collins is the best value by far on your list. You are getting an RB2 drafted in the fourth/fifth round currently in the tenth.

After that, it's Digg's, although I'm sure a case could be made for Kelce.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Someone sell me on Ajayi.

No. He sucks.

Alfalfa posted:

I’m keeping Diggs or Collins & then DJ.

Then I’d try to trade him for another 1st & something. then Grab Kamara so you have Barkley, Kamara, and another keeper (Diggs, Kelce, or Collins)

This is keeper, not dynasty. Not sure this is an option.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

We can trade picks and keepers in our keeper league so figured worth throwing it out there.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1030849368465842181?s=19

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Yessssssssss

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Someone sell me on Ajayi.

He got 1000 yards in 14 games, half them on a very bad dolphins team and the rest with Blount. The only thing keeping his ADP low is a very low TD rate. That's likely due for some positive regression.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Appreciate all the advice. A trade scenario involving DJ is probably possible but would get complicated for the commissioner (me) to adjudicate since we haven't had any players for picks transactions thus far. I'm thinking Diggs & Collins, but we don't draft for two weeks so I may come back and take the temperature of the thread if there's relevant news.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Veritek83 posted:

Appreciate all the advice. A trade scenario involving DJ is probably possible but would get complicated for the commissioner (me) to adjudicate since we haven't had any players for picks transactions thus far. I'm thinking Diggs & Collins, but we don't draft for two weeks so I may come back and take the temperature of the thread if there's relevant news.

Trading players for picks is a huge part of keeper leagues and is very simple to do.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hahahaha my Draft.com drafts where I scooped up theGordon uncertainty :getin:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

On Flea Flicker if you draft online, does it force you to take a K or can you draft whoever?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Family draft is done. I picked fourth. Fun times include the sixth team drafting with a sheet from 2017 and nearly everyone using my sheets. We were required to draft a DST but aren't required to keep them, hence the Colts.

12 team, half PPR, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST.

Thoughts?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
The best pick is obviously Jimmy G in the last round with little hearts around his name.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

God drat “It’s a Snap” has a horrible team.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
LeSean McCoy in the first round. Dayum.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

the sixth team drafting with a sheet from 2017

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Imagine talking Melvin Gordon over OBJ and thinking it's a good idea.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Maybe its -5ppr.

Edit: Team 1 is gonna win.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Any thoughts on Team 4?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Any thoughts on Team 4?

Really don't like the Ajayi pick but I've been wrong about him from the beginning. Looks fine.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
After 2 bad preseason games, I'm kinda down on RoJo. I'd probably be happier with Crowell/Goodwin there, but whatever. It generally seems like a solid team. RB feels a bit weak after Gurley, but it's a solid receiving corps.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Any thoughts on Team 4?
I think your first four picks form a solid core. I'm a little more conservative on some of your mid-round picks but I like the Carlos Hyde and John Brown selections. There's depth and balance at RB/WR to feel good about. One concern I have is taking two guys in the top seven, Alshon Jeffery and Ronald Jones, who may have limited value to start the year while also punting on the TE position. I worry that might put your early lineups at a disadvantage. You should be fine after that though, so long as you can find enough streamable TEs.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Melvin Gordon has been a fantasy stud the past two years. It's not that crazy a pick. He's being seriously undervalued this year.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Maybe its -5ppr.

Edit: Team 1 is gonna win.

I'd take team 3 over team 1. They are loaded.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Uh, I'd take Melvin Gordon over Odell for sure.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tiptoes posted:

I think your first four picks form a solid core. I'm a little more conservative on some of your mid-round picks but I like the Carlos Hyde and John Brown selections. There's depth and balance at RB/WR to feel good about. One concern I have is taking two guys in the top seven, Alshon Jeffery and Ronald Jones, who may have limited value to start the year while also punting on the TE position. I worry that might put your early lineups at a disadvantage. You should be fine after that though, so long as you can find enough streamable TEs.

I think Eifert is a viable starter so long as he stays healthy. I could also grab George Kittle when I drop my DST, although I was thinking of taking a flyer on someone like Gallup or Taywan Taylor instead.

I get that Jeffrey and Jones might take a bit to speed up, but the upside is worth it and I have Hyde and Sanders if needed. I wish I had been able to get Gordon and Watkins but no luck there.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think Eifert is a viable starter so long as he stays healthy. I could also grab George Kittle when I drop my DST, although I was thinking of taking a flyer on someone like Gallup or Taywan Taylor instead.

I get that Jeffrey and Jones might take a bit to speed up, but the upside is worth it and I have Hyde and Sanders if needed. I wish I had been able to get Gordon and Watkins but no luck there.

You should have randomized your BeerSheets for them.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

89 posted:

You should have randomized your BeerSheets for them.

Lmao that's mean

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Sataere posted:

Melvin Gordon has been a fantasy stud the past two years. It's not that crazy a pick. He's being seriously undervalued this year.

If Gordon was on like, the Redskins or Giants, his ADP would jump by 4 spots.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Any word on Alshon? All I can find is "might start on PUP"

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Thoughts on Trey Burton?

Saw a bit of the preseason game last night and it looked like Trubinsky was leaning on him hard.

I can either keep Ertz for a 7th or Burton for a 14th. Clearly Ertz is a top 3 TE and Burton is a bit of a question mark, but the current Eagles QB situation is making me a bit jumpy, but i'm probably being dumb and should stay away from the Bears.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Aug 19, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Boosh! posted:

Any word on Alshon? All I can find is "might start on PUP"

Eagles HC says he has no idea where that came from, and Alshon himself called out the beat reporter for making stuff up.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

VietCampo posted:

Thoughts on Trey Burton?

Saw a bit of the preseason game last night and it looked like Trubinsky was leaning on him hard.

I thought his ADP was a bit out of control, but now I'm wondering. Especially if the injury to Shaheen is serious.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

I thought his ADP was a bit out of control, but now I'm wondering. Especially if the injury to Shaheen is serious.

Yea i don't think i'd take him at his ADP, but since it's a keeper league and he'd cost me a 14th compared to a 7th for Ertz. If the injury to Shaheen is indeed serious, it's giving me some serious thought.

Adding into that Wentz looking 50/50 being ready for week 1 and Foles injury.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Don't overthink it, keep Ertz if those are your options.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Eagles HC says he has no idea where that came from, and Alshon himself called out the beat reporter for making stuff up.

Thank you sir. Yahoo! still has him low due to the uncertainty so yall might get a steal.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Boosh! posted:

Thank you sir. Yahoo! still has him low due to the uncertainty so yall might get a steal.

Yeah. 4for4 and Harris both have him around WR16. I like the upside there. FBG rated my team as "old school" and thinks Ajayi is worse than Hyde.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah. 4for4 and Harris both have him around WR16. I like the upside there. FBG rated my team as "old school" and thinks Ajayi is worse than Hyde.

I mean Hyde would a lot higher if it wasn't for Chubb and Browns.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They aren't the only one :v:

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Would love some thoughts on my team. 12 team PPR keeper league (kept Antonio Brown and Mike Evans).

QB-Drew Brees
RB-Jordan Howard
RB- Rex Burkhead
WR- Antonio Brown
WR- Mike Evans
FLEX- Marvin Jones
TE- Jordan Reed
D/ST-
K-

B- Devin Funchess
B- Kenny Golliday
B- Curtis Samuel
B- James White
B- Devante Booker
B- Jordan Wilkins
B- Samaje Perine
B- Spencer Ware
B- CJ Prosise
B- Tyler Eifert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ty1990 posted:

Would love some thoughts on my team. 12 team PPR keeper league (kept Antonio Brown and Mike Evans).

QB-Drew Brees
RB-Jordan Howard
RB- Rex Burkhead
WR- Antonio Brown
WR- Mike Evans
FLEX- Marvin Jones
TE- Jordan Reed
D/ST-
K-

B- Devin Funchess
B- Kenny Golliday
B- Curtis Samuel
B- James White
B- Devante Booker
B- Jordan Wilkins
B- Samaje Perine
B- Spencer Ware
B- CJ Prosise
B- Tyler Eifert

QB: Brees is solid. Depending on where you drafted him it was value or a poo poo pick that was a complete waste.

RB: Howard is solid, Burkhead might be a concern but as a viable RB2 I can't complain, not a fan of the rest of your RB. James White might be insurance for Burkhead and could potentially be a flex, Booker I'm not sure about given Freeman, Perine is so bad that Washington is calling Jamaal Charles, Ware is a total wild card, Wilkins is great if Mack sucks, and gently caress if I know what to make of Prosise. I mean it's PPR so the pass-catching backs are geat, but this is a weak spot.

WR: Love Brown and Evans, Jones is solid and I like that you grabbed Golliday to back him up (although there's some risk they'll just eat into each other), Funchess isn't terribly impressive, I had to look up who Curtis Samuel was, and clearly you went crazy with RBs to make up for it.

TE: Reed and Eifert will either both be elite studs or die before they make their first catch. Good luck.