Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Actually, that pretty much covers it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Shear Modulus posted:

isnt wonder woman like the daughter of athena or something. how do you be an atheist when one of your best pals who you solve mysteries with is a god

i dont believe in the justice league, i just believe in me

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Discendo Vox posted:

It was an unfortunate typographical error.

Batman is a fascist.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Paladinus posted:

If I remember correctly, DC has literal angels in their comics. There's a superhero with, I think, archangel Michael's sword or something.

The Spectre is the actual no poo poo wrath of God. The plagues of Egypt? All him.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Anyway the explanation in the comic is that basically he had something terrible happen to him and how can he believe in a higher power watching over us when he's seen all this tragedy in the world, and who says these people are God's just because they're omnipotent? There's a couple omnipotent folks in the DCU who aren't gods

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

"Hey, so, there aren't any job openings as a prison guard, but we may have another opportunity for you..." https://twitter.com/GabRosenberg/status/1030152240638701569

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grey Fox posted:

"Hey, so, there aren't any job openings as a prison guard, but we may have another opportunity for you..." https://twitter.com/GabRosenberg/status/1030152240638701569

We've done it, everyone. We finally made it.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
tired: the right to drive a car
wired: the right to blow up a car

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

As a woman, I used to be oppressed. But now, thanks to apartheid, I get to do the oppressing. Thanks, apartheid!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*crushes another Palestinian boy to death* another misogynist defeated

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/Amtrak/status/1030453149943980033

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

This is way more pathetic than any transparent act of woke pandering

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

if you try to rt it shows up 4 hours later

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Jonathan Fisk posted:

if you try to rt it shows up 4 hours later

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I'm the liberals making GBS threads on Amtrak

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Peanut President posted:

I'm the liberals making GBS threads on Amtrak
amtrak is good, the tweet is stupid

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

get that OUT of my face posted:

amtrak is good, the tweet is stupid

twitter by its very nature is stupid

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/YourKickstarter/status/1031268243699363842

https://i.imgur.com/ESbzAeF.mp4

Sheng-Ji Yang has issued a correction as of 07:58 on Aug 20, 2018

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
I'm not sure that I would have chosen a bird giving a Nazi salute to cover up the swastika.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHmLljk2t8M

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

elmer chud posted:

I'm not sure that I would have chosen a bird giving a Nazi salute to cover up the swastika.

maybe they could've gone with some kind of eagle

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Should've covered it up with something that says the town is a "safe space", maybe by making a badass version of the initials.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, there is an effort by young people in japan to reclaim the manji, which is an old Buddhist symbol that also happens to be a mirrored swastika.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 230 days!

Pharohman777 posted:

I mean, there is an effort by young people in japan to reclaim the manji, which is an old Buddhist symbol that also happens to be a mirrored swastika.

I remember an old documentary about a guy in Northern BC who was covered in various swaztikas from various cultures, as was his van, and would clarify at any opportunity that he hated the nazis and wanted to clear the good name of the symbol. He also loved yellow and dressed mainly in that colour. Seemed like a chill dude.

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 22:54 on Aug 20, 2018

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

One of the key factors in the design of the three arrows antifascist logo was how well it covers up or crosses out swastikas.

But of course that would mean actually opposing fascism instead of just giving it a friendly facade.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Remember this failed campaign to reclaim swastika?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Only the last one gets used with Buddhism outside Japan at all, and the tilted one is rare even in Japan. Also, there are usually embellishments and stuff, someone just wanted to be edgy or something.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Isn't that meme being used almost entirely by scots people

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
pretty much every version of it ive seen is a verbatim "funny scottish twitter" tweet just copied and with hte picture accompanying

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Remember this failed campaign to reclaim swastika?

blade of the immortal did it better imo

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Microcline posted:

One of the key factors in the design of the three arrows antifascist logo was how well it covers up or crosses out swastikas.

But of course that would mean actually opposing fascism instead of just giving it a friendly facade.

The antifa three arrows was created by the SPD in Germany to represent opposition against fascism, reactionary conservatives, and.... communism. Doesn't have anything to do with the swastika Kinda stupid it's still used by leftist antifa.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

MAybe spd should try to reclaim it from the communists

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Front

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Sorry the arrows are communism now

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Microcline posted:

The point is too remove the swastikas from the public sphere. People shouldn't have to look at that poo poo.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Dreddout posted:

The point is too remove the swastikas from the public sphere. People shouldn't have to look at that poo poo.

the original post doesn't even cover up the swastika, just turns it into a wacky swastika bird. you gotta completely cover it up

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Who the hell wants to appropriate Scots? Who the hell cares?

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

OmanyteJackson posted:

Who the hell wants to appropriate Scots? Who the hell cares?

lastgirl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
americans using british slang is the only cultural appropriation that society should not tolerate