Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Drill a hole in the bottle and attach an IV. Take the wine into your body. Become Opposite Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Don't drink wine, it's poo poo. Life. HACKED.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

MageMage posted:

Haha can anyone avatarize that split second with the avocado at 14:03? It's brilliant

Only registered members can see post attachments!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Pilot two holes for 1/8th diameter flexible tubing.
Insert one length of tubing a little over twice as long as the bottle to the bottom of the bottle. Tape the end of the tube so that it extends past the bottom of the bottle. This will be the vent.
Insert one length of tubing just through the cork. This is the fun tube.
Shove the other end of the fun tube up your rear end.
Invert yourself and the bottle and have fun.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Scientastic posted:

I remember a time before these sorts of things were called life hacks, opening a bottle of wine by putting it in show and repeatedly hitting the bottom against a wall

Edit: it took loving ages
https://i.imgur.com/hqzDvKC.mp4

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Oh, a SHOE! I was wondering how casting a bottle of wine in a theatrical arrangement was gonna help.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Make perfect hooch stash, hide loving pipes in it good job bozo

https://i.imgur.com/sFBXzZx.mp4

#not #loving #hacked

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

dump the wine on the floor and suck it up like a animal you piece of poo poo

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Just buy wine in a box.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

rydiafan posted:

Oh, a SHOE! I was wondering how casting a bottle of wine in a theatrical arrangement was gonna help.

I was picturing the wine being entered in a dog show, and the cork working its way out as the bottle runs that little dog slalom thing.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

rydiafan posted:

Theater people, blowing their tops? I thought it was a :thejoke: I didn't get.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

You can just push the cork into the bottle with the end of a knife or w/e. Takes five seconds, though arguably not v classy if you are entertaining

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Who the gently caress buys corked wine and doesn't have a corkscrew anyway?

I can't even remember the last time I saw a wine bottle that didn't have a screwtop.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Tiggum posted:

I can't even remember the last time I saw a wine bottle that didn't have a screwtop.

Australia is leading the world in wine screwcap adoption. US and Europe and South America lag.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

AlbieQuirky posted:

Australia is leading the world in wine screwcap adoption. US and Europe and South America lag.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

Australia is leading the world in 6€ wine.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's true. All of it.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Australian wine costs you 6€? I can get non-terrible Australian wine for the $ equivalent of 5€ at the regular liquor store, less at Trader Joe's or the discount liquor store.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

Australian wine costs you 6€? I can get non-terrible Australian wine for the $ equivalent of 5€ at the regular liquor store, less at Trader Joe's or the discount liquor store.

6.79€ seems to be the cheapest red. Of course 3.25€ of that is tax.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The EU answer to "two buck chuck" is " tres euro vino"?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

I don't think the EU has a unified cheap wine policy.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

RandomPauI posted:

Two buck chuck isn't two dollars anymore. Freaking inflation. :argh:

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
Winehack: buy bubbly in a bottle with a seam, hack it open with a cavalry saber. Great fun at parties. Bottles with corks work better, but it doesn't really matter if it's a screwtop because you're breaking the glass.

this is a real thing that people do. Including myself.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Yea it loving rules and is not hard at all. But you also have to own a sword, so maybe your coolness equals out.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Grem posted:

Yea it loving rules and is not hard at all. But you also have to own a sword, so maybe your coolness equals out.

Lifehack: you don't!

https://i.imgur.com/btIlUmY.mp4

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

AlbieQuirky posted:

I can get a bottle for $3 at my local supermarket.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Tiggum posted:

I can get a bottle for $3 at my local supermarket.

Being in Australia and all. The rest of us have to pay for shipping!

Is $3 wine ($2.20 US) any good? The "Two-Buck Chuck" ($2.73 AU) wine at Trader Joe's was not great, imo. It's $2.99 now, $3.99 for the organic wines (which aren't bad).

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
No, 3 dollar wine is not good.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

No 3 dollar wine is not good.

There we go

littlebluellama
Jun 18, 2013

I am kind, brave and deserve love.

Dewgy posted:

Holy poo poo the ending is just “here’s how to make hobo wine”. Life fuckin’ hacked baby.

:confuoot: Who wants to come over to my house and have some purple-and-teal chemical reaction cabbage slime eggs?

I mean, yeah, I could just use food coloring since no one eating the finished product will see the cool color change happening, but then we'd all miss out on that delicious cabbage slime flavor.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Is $3 wine ($2.20 US) any good?

It is indeed 12 to 13 percent alcohol, same as the expensive "fancy" wines. :smug:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chillbro Baggins posted:

Winehack: buy bubbly in a bottle with a seam, hack it open with a cavalry saber. Great fun at parties. Bottles with corks work better, but it doesn't really matter if it's a screwtop because you're breaking the glass.

this is a real thing that people do. Including myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCp9-tEHa8U

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

wesleywillis posted:

Wood screw and a pair of pliers.

I've done the following terrible life hack several times at hotels.

Take a Bic pen (always in a drawer in a hotel). Smash it though the cork with the Gideon's Bible. Yank it back out. Dribble some wine out into a glass so that you have an air void. Take the pen apart and use the body as a drift to knock the cork into the bottle.

Put the pen back together. Drink the wine. Read the Gideons's Bible before you go to sleep because you may as well do so. You owe the Gideons that much. Stick to New Testament. There's no harm in being reminded to not be a jackass and that wine is good.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

wood screw is my default method because every time i use an actual corkscrew it either makes the cork crumble apart or just snaps off inside the cork when i try to pull on it

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Just suck that bad boy right out

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
WITH YOUR SUCK #LOL #OWNED

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

No, 3 dollar wine is not good.

Idk, me and 3 friends drank two cases of “shy pig - wine based drink” in a weekend.

It’s not even wine, and for just £3 was pretty good.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
With a legally-mandated descriptor like "wine-based drink" I would expect it to contain more high fructose corn syrup than alcohol by volume.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
If you see a label that says this product was inspired by wine that's where the good stuff is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Yeah wine is such a restrictive label, wine inspired means you can go hog wild and make something truly special, not restricted by such niceties as "having to use recognisable fruit" or "answer awkward questions about Russian research chemicals"