Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I had to buy both since I was missing the heat mod to have all split elements covered on pistols and more duration for mind control is always welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Sands of Inaros is a must buy as invincible pocket sand man is the best Warframe.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

You can get all those +heat/+status mods from spy, if you're strapped for ducats and credits probably don't waste them there.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

elvie posted:

Any of those a must have?

all the dual stat mods are great, primed flow and primed continuity are great
also Inaros is the ultimate I don't give a gently caress warframe

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Hey are any of the guilds interested in a member? I'm low level and very casual but I'd like to help out with any guild projects and I imagine I'll eventually be at the mid-game and gtg for group stuff.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Anyone up for forming a tri-dolon attempt group for the weekend(s)? I've got so many garbage rivens I want to transmute, so I need to start doing them. Figure a group of fellow idiots like me who are okay with messing up as we learn the ropes would be fun. Or if you want to show a bunch of idiots like me how to do it properly, that's cool too!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Skeezy posted:

If anyone is playing on the Xbox I'm going to be starting there at some point today. Downloaded and patched everything already, gamertag is PKdeGallo.

I'm on most evenings on Xbox in America.

Gt: Zombie Boat

Edit: I need to learn/grind the eidolons.

pop fly to McGillicutty fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Aug 4, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

There's a new pack called the Corvus collection:

300 plat,
7 day affinity + credit boosters,
Obsidian corvus syandana,
Obsidian corvus sigil,
Nikana + catalyst + slot,
Nikana obsidian skin.

Now obviously if it's got crow in the name, normally I'm all over that poo poo. But I can't find a preview of it anywhere.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
I got one of the 50% off coupons (kind of miffed I couldn't buy the Ivara or Mesa bundle) and picked up Ivara. I hear she's one of the hardest frames to farm and is really useful.

I'm having a hard time figuring her out. How do I switch to her bow and how do you hold abilities on the PS4?

If I'm using a shotgun, do shotgun mods have a higher chance of dropping? I was looking to build my Hex and I have very few shotgun mods.

Rubicon fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Aug 9, 2018

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Literally just hold down the mapped button (R1+X by default) on the PS4 rather than tapping it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Did the last few Glast Gambit quests solo with Inaros (and Loki for the spy mission). That one where you had to stay within the ten-point margin was tense, but quite a bit less painful than I was expecting.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Darth Walrus posted:

Did the last few Glast Gambit quests solo with Inaros (and Loki for the spy mission). That one where you had to stay within the ten-point margin was tense, but quite a bit less painful than I was expecting.

Yeah, the Exchange updates made the whole process a lot easier. Before the updates, I tried 5 times for it before just quitting in frustration. After the updates, got it in one.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Darth Walrus posted:

Literally just hold down the mapped button (R1+X by default) on the PS4 rather than tapping it.
The default controls are not great on PS4, but then neither are the classic controls - you have to use the touchpad to sweep to the power you want, which means for powers you need to hold to charge (like Gara's 1 and most of Hydroid's powers) can only be used in their weakest, 'tapped' form.

The trade-off is that you can use R1 for melee, which is an immense QOL improvement. I remapped my powers to the d-pad and the d-pad stuff to the touchpad, but it's hugely fiddly because it won't let you remap the consumables wheel to the touchpad. So I have consumables on ⭕, melee on R1, powers on the d-pad, and the rest of the functions mapped to the touchpad.

It should work great, except that there's a bug where every time I restart the game, it maps d-pad left to change weapon; so if I forget to fix it, I go to use thurible and switch to my sidearm, then have to go find a quiet spot so I can rebind the functions.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Baro PS4!
Kuiper relay, Eris (the one the razorback is currently trying to blow up, and might succeed since everyone's off acolyte hunting)

Sands of Inaros BP,

Relics:
- Axi A2,
- Axi V8, more
- Neo O1,
(Contains Aklex, volt & odonata primes)

Anpu sugatra,
Anpu staff skin,

Prisma Edo parts,

Gorgon towsun skin,
Prisma Gorgon,

Domus syandana,

Stances:
-Tempo Royale,
-Astral twilight,
-Vermilion storm,
-Fanged fusilade.

top picks: Tempo royale is a must have, it turns Galatine and its prime into a double hitting warcrime.

Edo arms & legs are nice for samurai cosplay, chest piece is a joke. Axi relics are always useful, and Aklex and Volt are on my to do list.

Nothing else huge this week but I would really recommend getting Tempo Royale.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

Prisms Gorgon is absolutely worth getting too. Soma-like crit rate with much higher base damage. The recoil is there but it only is an issue for POE shooting.

MR 12 though, watch out for that.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Is the website Warframe market a good reference for trading on PS4?

Continuity goes for 7-10 plat on the market but people were trying to sell it for 15-20.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I find it as a good starting point but I always watch trade chat for awhile to get a better read on what the prices are for PS4. The other day I sold a Rhino Prime, which hovers around 200 according to NexusStats, so I went from there and found after watching chat for a day that the price skewed down to the 140-170 range so I started working in there.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Ok, thanks. That leads to another question I have. When you say you sold a Rhino prime, do you mean you sold the blueprints, chassis, Optics, and system?

Then the buyer still has to build the Warframe? I've thought about buying some primes.

Is it the same way with prime weapons?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Rubicon posted:

Ok, thanks. That leads to another question I have. When you say you sold a Rhino prime, do you mean you sold the blueprints, chassis, Optics, and system?

Then the buyer still has to build the Warframe? I've thought about buying some primes.

Is it the same way with prime weapons?

Yes for both, you sell all the parts and the buyer has to build said parts.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I really want the triangle shortcut back to switch between matchmaking types.

btw, this works again now. it's not indicated anywhere, but triangle does now jump you to that drop down.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Oberon is amazing.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
What are good mission types/ways of farming credits?

I just bought the Rhino blueprint, but I still need another 25k to actually craft him, and I want to start him sometime tonight after work.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Mister Facetious posted:

What are good mission types/ways of farming credits?

I just bought the Rhino blueprint, but I still need another 25k to actually craft him, and I want to start him sometime tonight after work.

Hieracon (Pluto) and evac after the first excavation is a good way to rack up money in a hurry while you're low level, without resorting to the Index. Take a Frost or a Gara. Takes 3 minutes.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I don't have any of those unlocked. I'm still grinding Mars and Phobos, and I have Excalibur and Trinity Prime (Twitch.tv promo).

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Well, still worth a try, but you might want to join a team on that map. If you're lucky, they'll all want to evac asap as well.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Orokin catalyst / reactor invasion on Sedna.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Seimeni on Ceres is the best credit farm if you haven't hit the index yet. 2-3 minutes of defence, quit after 5 rounds, 20k credits + whatever you picked in mission, easy.

Pluto should be more lucrative, but it isn't because they haven't updated the rewards since Ceres was the last planet on the star chart. So you might as well go with the lower level area for the same rewards.

But really though, you should ask in chat if someone can drag you through an index run.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Mister Facetious posted:

I don't have any of those unlocked. I'm still grinding Mars and Phobos, and I have Excalibur and Trinity Prime (Twitch.tv promo).

:confused: Did you make sure to get Frost Prime since that was included with the Twitch promo that Trinity Prime was in?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

:confused: Did you make sure to get Frost Prime since that was included with the Twitch promo that Trinity Prime was in?

I didn't see any mention of a Frost Prime, only Trinity.

Also, I'm apparently no longer in the PS4 clan? How (more likely when, given how much CoD I play) did that happen?

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Aug 14, 2018

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Pluto should be more lucrative, but it isn't because they haven't updated the rewards since Ceres was the last planet on the star chart. So you might as well go with the lower level area for the same rewards.

Hieracon almost always nets at least 30k, more usually 40. I've made 90k there in three minutes before -- I assume when the daily login reward has been a booster. (On the minus side, no chance of o-cells.)

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

Frost P. was before Trinity. It ended when Trinity started, so if you got Trin when you signed up for Twitch (or linked it to your Warframe account at least), you missed Frost and Soma.

Pipski fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 14, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Speaking of which, the new Twitch Prime deal is up, and it's a pair of 7 day affinity & resource drop boosters, and 50 plat.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

Typically clan removals are based on time since last login, and a done to make room for somebody else looking to get in. It looks like the LLJK clan is getting full of actives, and I’m reluctant to pull the trigger on expanding the max size because of mutagen samples. Just message somebody to get back in and we’ll try and make room.

e: or the community, that works too

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Azzanadra posted:

Typically clan removals are based on time since last login, and a done to make room for somebody else looking to get in. It looks like the LLJK clan is getting full of actives, and I’m reluctant to pull the trigger on expanding the max size because of mutagen samples. Just message somebody to get back in and we’ll try and make room.

e: or the community, that works too

I'd love to be in the clan if anyone plays on Xbox. I play regularly. I'm in a pub clan now but there's zero activity.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Hey, mind if I get in on one of the PS4 clans? PSN: TheFallingNight.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

PS4 BARO:

3 day affinity booster

Pedestal Prime
(orbiter decoration)

inaros tomb captura scene

ki'teer arrow skin

nexus fur pattern (Kubrow)
ki'teer kubrow armour

ki'teer sentinel tail
ki'teer sentinel wings
ki'teer sentnel mask

ki'teer atomos earpiece (operator)

ki'teer syandana
prisma uru syandana (uru whats this)

prisma obex

primed ravage
primed point blank
primed fast hands
primed pistol gambit

top picks:

GET PRIMED POINT BLANK. Get it even if you have to blow off your grandmother's funeral to grind fissures and index, this is an insane mod especially after last week's shotgun riven giveaway.

prisma Obex stats look good for a strong hybrid build

high priorities go to primed ravage and primed pistol gambit. primed fast hands is not so urgent though it is useful on certain vectis builds.

consider getting the 3 day affinity booster if you have a backlog of stuff to level, or if like me you're insane and seriously considering dropping a ton of forma on relevelling an Umbra Rhino Prime build.

pedestal prime only costs credits, so get a few of them if you have index remainders to burn

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

How I can check what active boosters I have on my account?

As a new player I have been getting them from different sources, they help by a lot, but I have no idea what ones are still active or for how long. Other than the tiny icon in the top right of the screen, that is not enough.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Thanks for the heads up on Primed Point Blank! I was taking a break from Warframe to do the Shenmues, some Yakuza, and Fire Pro World (next week) but I would have been kicking myself if I missed a mod that good.

Somewhat related, when was the last time Baro sold the Prisma Liset skin? I've wanted that for weeks now so I could have a nice looking Liset but he never seems to have it.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
What is Rhino Prime selling for on console roughly? I have run nine f*ing full squad maxed R1 relics and gotten nothing. And my RNG luck means getting more R1s is going to take forever and a day.

Also, gently caress RNG. :bungie:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I managed to buy the systems BP (or whatever is gated behind the Axi S3) from trade for 20p, but it honestly should not have been that cheap, I think I lucked out considering how hard it is to get.

I've been running Marduk in the hope of getting any Axi relics since the unvaulting, and haven't seen a single S3 in all that time. You can't even rely on the backup tactic of getting any Axi and running it in groups in the hope someone else brings an S3, because nobody seems to have them.

I'd say the Neo R1 part is probably easier to get because at least you can get a fair amount from Ukko and then just upgrade them.

Tei posted:

How I can check what active boosters I have on my account? [...] Other than the tiny icon in the top right of the screen, that is not enough.
As far as I can tell, just the tiny icon.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
The main WF thread moves way too fast for me to care anymore. Guess I embrace my true console home now. I’ll see about booting some inactives today to get some newbies in the clan.

Bobby your weird hate of melee on O and the resulting consequences of “can’t use hold abilities anymore” is loving hilarious. O is fine, and R1 to activate abilities is good. What game did you play tht engrained melee on trigger for you?

Edit: for boosters, just the icon afaik. For rhino, if you’re thinking of buying do it now before they go back in the vault and the price goes back up. I’d probably try to lowball a set at 80, see f I get any bites.