Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Star Wars: KOTOR is on sale for $4.99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
New gacha RPG, Project Mist Gears from tri-Ace and a couple other companies slated for later this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wjrCvBFNvM

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Is there a Heroes Charge goon guild?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Thunderdogs is a new top down multiplayer shooter featuring dogs flying planes. It seems pretty fun.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

mrkillboy posted:

Thunderdogs is a new top down multiplayer shooter featuring dogs flying planes. It seems pretty fun.

Pay 2 bucks for the bottom level gem pack, and it removes ads entirely, and you have some of the most pure fun I've had on my phone.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I wish the coin payouts were much higher after each match though. Once you're done with the daily challenges you barely earn anything unless you want to watch an ad after every run.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mrkillboy posted:

Here's some Elder Scrolls Blades gameplay to give you an idea what the game will be like when it comes out later this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POsTRbmGdl8

Neat, it's basically Might & Magic.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

mrkillboy posted:

I wish the coin payouts were much higher after each match though. Once you're done with the daily challenges you barely earn anything unless you want to watch an ad after every run.

Pay 2 bux and you drop ads forever. It increased my enjoyment 100 fold, because you can just respawns back into the same game with no wait.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Pay 2 bux and you drop ads forever. It increased my enjoyment 100 fold, because you can just respawns back into the same game with no wait.

I have paid but you can still watch an ad to get 20 more coins after each match. My current match payout is between 9 to 15 which makes unlocking new planes a bit slow without watching them.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

mrkillboy posted:

I have paid but you can still watch an ad to get 20 more coins after each match. My current match payout is between 9 to 15 which makes unlocking new planes a bit slow without watching them.

I guess it depends on what you want out of it. I don't care too much about unlocks, I'm just having a blast playing it.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

mrkillboy posted:

I'm really enjoying this one, though with such a low amount of health most of the planes have, it gets to be pretty chaotic with a full room.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I played the hell out of The Quest when I first got it, but I put it down for a couple months and now it feels impossible to get back into because the game doesn't have a good quest log / journal system. Oh well.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Kheldarn posted:

Star Wars: KOTOR is on sale for $4.99.

How godawful is this on mobile? There are some extremely painful ports out there...

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Montalvo posted:

I played the hell out of The Quest when I first got it, but I put it down for a couple months and now it feels impossible to get back into because the game doesn't have a good quest log / journal system. Oh well.

I was just thinking about this, I feel the opposite almost. I had an extremely tough time starting off (many deaths, plus enemies chasing me because I didn't understand why I shouldn't run straight into the high-level areas). I put it down for some months, and now I'm a lot more interested in it. I will agree that the quest system has some issues, plus the game's name is so generic it makes googling a challenge.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

Synastren posted:

How godawful is this on mobile? There are some extremely painful ports out there...

It's actually really good. If you have a tablet it's better but it works very well.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Solvency posted:

I'm really enjoying this one, though with such a low amount of health most of the planes have, it gets to be pretty chaotic with a full room.

It took me a few games to discover that health packs spawn around the arena now and then. I've done best when I remember to go fly away from the big scrum once in a while to scout for them.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Renegret posted:

I'm going to strangle whoever recommended Solitarica.

That game is so good that I can't put it down, but sometimes you get RNGfucked and there's nothing you can do about it. It's so frustrating when that happens.

On the other hand, I just won a round as a rogue and I have absolutely no idea how. I got none of the items and spells to make the build that I wanted, and ended with 600 gold in my pocket because RNG gave me no good items to spend my money on. I had a hodge podge of skills and a poo poo ton of luck.

I uninstalled it after one of the enemies drew their "Stun for 1 turn, poison 1 random card" five times in a row and stunlocked me into oblivion. I have no patience for that nonsense.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

oh dope posted:

I uninstalled it after one of the enemies drew their "Stun for 1 turn, poison 1 random card" five times in a row and stunlocked me into oblivion. I have no patience for that nonsense.

That seems like a reasonable response to a game whose main mechanic is RNG and restarting runs for meta progression.

You know you can still match cards while stunned, right?

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 17, 2018

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

oh dope posted:

I uninstalled it when I realized it was boring as heck

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Anyone else playing Castle Burn? It's a cutesy cross between Clash Royale and an RTS, and surprisingly deep tactically given the simplicity of the mechanics. It also has a 'draft' style mode where you hold off against waves of AI enemies with a randomly chosen deck (although you can only play a limited number of times per day without spending premium currency).

Basically it's Clash Royale with resource and supply management. I'm finding it pretty fun so far.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Anyone have any recommendations for RPGs? I don't want Baldur's Gate and it's ilk, and I'll get The Quest eventually... Are the Kemco RPGs decent? The number of them makes me leery of poorly translated shovelware.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Nighthand posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for RPGs? I don't want Baldur's Gate and it's ilk, and I'll get The Quest eventually... Are the Kemco RPGs decent? The number of them makes me leery of poorly translated shovelware.

The Sorcery or Shadowrun series?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Nighthand posted:

The more recent Kemco games are a legitimate step forward, they even have some really nice art. They're all technically "okay", but the earlier ones definitely feel like lazier RPG Maker games that try to goad you into buying cheats.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Hey folks, what're the best Picross/Nonograms games on the store? Both for 2D picross and 3D (if any).

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

KoldPT posted:

Hey folks, what're the best Picross/Nonograms games on the store? Both for 2D picross and 3D (if any).

I think the thread favorites are Hungry Cat Picross and Paint It Black

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

KoldPT posted:

For just a whole shitload of puzzles, Griddlers Plus is pretty good. It has your standard sort of picross things as well as multi-part ones and ones with triangular segments (they just bisect the square).

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

KoldPT posted:

Hungry Cat.

I've wiped my save on it at least half a dozen times. It's the perfect cell phone game.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Hungry Cat Picross is great

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The star ocean game is crashing on me since today, it will not update and it just crashes after the 20th anniversary picture pops up

e-thank god this one of the japanese games that links to your googleplay account. A reinstall fixed the issue

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 22, 2018

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
The recent update to Valkyrie Anatomia made it work on Bluestacks again in case there was anyone in here that had been wanting to try it.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Reigns: Game of Thrones is out this October.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kiwF0StZhg

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Bought the Solitarica expansion, love it already.

Goddamn, this game is just so good.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Bought the Solitarica expansion, love it already.

Goddamn, this game is just so good.

Is that new, or do you mean the primal classes?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The Primal classes I'm assuming.

I've only played Barbarian and I weirdly hate it. On more than one occasion. I've had 4 health, full energy, and ~6 cards on the board. Okay great, I'll draw a card, damage myself for 1 point, then clear the board.

Then I draw a King and kill myself.

e: I've beaten all of the starting decks on epic except bard, because gently caress bard. Holy poo poo, gently caress bard.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Renegret posted:

The Primal classes I'm assuming.

I've only played Barbarian and I weirdly hate it. On more than one occasion. I've had 4 health, full energy, and ~6 cards on the board. Okay great, I'll draw a card, damage myself for 1 point, then clear the board.

Then I draw a King and kill myself.

e: I've beaten all of the starting decks on epic except bard, because gently caress bard. Holy poo poo, gently caress bard.

Barbarian is the only class I've ever kept and used Insight with for exactly that reason.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Poopy Palpy posted:

Barbarian is the only class I've ever kept and used Insight with for exactly that reason.

I've demolished Epic as barbarian by comboing Alchemy with Overwhelm. Get a willpower gem, and every time you hit a roadblock where you can't make matches, turn everything into coins and clear an entire row. You also make insane cash and can buy every god damned item you see in shops forever. The trap is trying to work around having low health; think of Wild Hack as Bash with a special ability on it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Is that new, or do you mean the primal classes?

Yeah, sorry, I meant this.

I'd buy a sequel in a heartbeat

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Nighthand posted:

Sorcery is pretty fun.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Arc the Lad R launched on the JP Play Store, for those interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mrkillboy posted:

Here's some Elder Scrolls Blades gameplay to give you an idea what the game will be like when it comes out later this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POsTRbmGdl8

Funso Banjo posted:

Sadly combat looks far too simple to be engaging. I'm saddened by this. Graphics look fantastic, mind, but that's a minor factor really.

I had high hopes for this.

I think you may be selling the combat short a bit, there was a block, 2 spells, and he could do gesture controls to thrust or swing or whatever, and the goblins had seperate block types as well, kind of like punch out? Or maybe it just looks like that on coincidence.