Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I'd like to see Bautista in a ring with all those Alt Right shitheads.

They might actually have more stamina than he does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Batista's tweets are cute, but at this point he needs to either do something or get over it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

That didn't happen in the comics

Cause it's a 1:1 adaptation otherwise.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

SonicRulez posted:

Batista's tweets are cute, but at this point he needs to either do something or get over it.

He did try and do something about it. He legally can’t do anything other than ask to be removed from the film.

Bautista is doing a good thing, hth

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Tweeting a lot about something =/= doing something. Isn't that how this got started?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
He's legally obligated to fulfill his contract and after that's done he's said he's out what do you expect him to do

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Batista needs to defeat the boss of Disney and ascend the throne himself

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

He's probably doing more than he should now. I bet there's a 'no disparagement' clause in his contract.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's weird how Bautista somehow has the one contract in the entire history of Hollywood that actually legally obligates him to do a movie.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
If he feels that strongly about it, break contract. Pay the legal fees. Stick to your guns. Stand by your buddy. Donate every cent Disney gives you to charity. Really give them the finger for bowing down to the alt-right nazi goons.

OR

Tweet.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Aphrodite posted:

It's weird how Bautista somehow has the one contract in the entire history of Hollywood that actually legally obligates him to do a movie.

Pretty sure they all have those contracts

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's gonna get killed off I. the first 5 minutes of gotg3.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

If he feels that strongly about it, break contract. Pay the legal fees. Stick to your guns. Stand by your buddy. Donate every cent Disney gives you to charity. Really give them the finger for bowing down to the alt-right nazi goons.

OR

Tweet.

I mean dude has a wife and children, going "FIGHT DISNEY'S LAWYERS" is a bit much over a dude being removed from a film. Yes, it sucks, but part of why he's probably tweeting is hoping they WILL axe him without him having to y'know, risk losing a whole loving lot of money on breaching contract. It's easy for you to say it because you don't actually have to suffer any for what happens to him but it'd be one thing if it was a Harvey Weinstein thing. This is honestly more a case of "it's lovely Gunn got removed when other people more deserving are still working there" and not "Gunn is an innocent snowflake." I think it's lovely what happened but it's pretty excessive to except him to salt the earth.

It's also really dumb to compare "someone made a joke on Twitter" to "Someone said something unironically on Twitter." Twitter, like it or not, can have actual impact in this day and age.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I would like to see exactly what happens and how much he'd have to pay for breaking contract before I jump on the lol don't be a coward eat the legal fees train. I'd imagine being Disney they have the ability to ask for some quite prohibitive stipulations, esp for someone who was at the time not a household name

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Unless he personally assassinates Bob Iger he's basically doing nothing so gently caress him.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If he leaves it opens the door to the rest of the cast doing it, so Disney would come down on him with the full force of their lawyers. He can't do much else than complain

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Disney seems like they've decided to stand pretty firm on their decision, for better or worse. He made his tweets. They wrote their letter. Disney has summarily ignored them. If passive-aggressive Batista tweets give you life, power to you. I feel like he's not accomplishing anything and should move on. I'm not saying he can't be forever mad about it. He's gone from making a point to whining though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He’s taking a side and shouldn’t back down.

I know you’re too cool for school about this but this is seriously a big deal and sets a really awful precedent for creatives. Bautista shouldn’t back down. And he isn’t and that’s why he’s great.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean, you can’t back down when you haven’t done anything.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

SonicRulez posted:

Disney seems like they've decided to stand pretty firm on their decision, for better or worse. He made his tweets. They wrote their letter. Disney has summarily ignored them. If passive-aggressive Batista tweets give you life, power to you. I feel like he's not accomplishing anything and should move on. I'm not saying he can't be forever mad about it. He's gone from making a point to whining though.

This is a hilariously bad take by the way. Just so you're aware.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
He took a side a while back at this point and I'm not really sure he's facing any pressure that would necessitate not backing down. I think if this is seriously a big deal, it's worth whatever struggle fighting Disney would entail. Otherwise, it's pretty firmly in the realm of kinda messed up but really not that important. Which is ultimately what I suspect will occur.

Batista is great because somehow he and 2008 Cena managed to have a great match and he agreed to be tapped out by Bryan.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The message goes beyond getting the director back.

e: What are you wanting anyway? If he's not gonna go 100%, you'd rather he did nothing so you wouldn't have to read a few tweets? You get over it.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 19, 2018

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Unless he personally assassinates Bob Iger he's basically doing nothing so gently caress him.

He could probably just tweet the same "jokes" Gunn did in the first place if he wants them to fire him

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Scaramouche posted:

He could probably just upset nazis like Gunn did in the first place if he wants them to fire him

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

Batista needs to defeat the boss of Disney and ascend the throne himself

Should make for a fun PPV.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

How big is Bautista's dick? Big enough to talk poo poo about Disney while under contract.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

SonicRulez posted:

Raising awareness of the Alt-right's action and keeping attention on it are doing something.

This isn't a movie where he can fight the Alt-right, behead Cernovich, then kick down a door to the next room where a tied up Gunn and him share a passionate kiss, a quick gently caress, and then ride off back to disney where they fling contracts at Gunn while grovelling for forgiveness at being tricked by the Alt-right.

You do remember how Superman fought the KKK right? Not in the comics, but the actual real life KKK.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The movie doesn't have a director and pre-production has been stalled. He doesn't have to do anything right this minute.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
Also, to those of you saying "fight Disney's lawyers" his contract likely has damages as part of the severance penalty. GOTG3's box office is likely to be three quarters of a billion, and the merchandising rights are probably somewhere in the hundred millions, and they could go after Bautista for a significant chunk of those numbers. He's rich by our standards, but Disney could probably bankrupt him a few times over without even trying.

Also remember that being blackballed by Disney is a substantial thing for an actor. It's not like getting fired from Denny's or whatever, by the end of the year Disney will represent nearly half of the domestic media market. Even what he's doing now will dramatically decrease his likelihood of ever working with them again, but to make that a certainty would be to Bautista Bomb his career.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Anora posted:

Raising awareness of the Alt-right's action and keeping attention on it are doing something.

This isn't a movie where he can fight the Alt-right, behead Cernovich, then kick down a door to the next room where a tied up Gunn and him share a passionate kiss, a quick gently caress, and then ride off back to disney where they fling contracts at Gunn while grovelling for forgiveness at being tricked by the Alt-right.

You do remember how Superman fought the KKK right? Not in the comics, but the actual real life KKK.

Now I am sad that that isn't a movie, thanks.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think they're making one actually

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Open Marriage Night posted:

How big is Bautista's dick? Big enough to talk poo poo about Disney while under contract.

If the size of your dick affects how you write tweets, somebody did a REALLY bad job of teaching you how to type.

e: it's hunt-and-peck not hunt-and-pecker.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Bruceski posted:

If the size of your dick affects how you write tweets, somebody did a REALLY bad job of teaching you how to type.

e: it's hunt-and-peck not hunt-and-pecker.

Open marriage night was referring to a wrestling inside joke.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just listened to the Flop Houses episode about the Emoji movie, and I'm perplexed that at any point Sony though that would save their studio. Its literally Coupon The Movie from Mr Show.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
But they are still a studio, I remember we were all expecting something dramatic when Emoji movie tanked, what actually did happen?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Sgt. Politeness posted:

But they are still a studio, I remember we were all expecting something dramatic when Emoji movie tanked, what actually did happen?

AFAIK it made a decent if not outrageous profit because it's basically impossible for these cgi animated family films to not make money.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Other way around; they thought it was going to be some billion dollar franchise and they wouldn’t need to play nice with Marvel anymore on the Spider stuff

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
In other words:
Sony Exec + large pile of cocaine=bad things happen.

It was also the first movie to be screened in movie theaters in Saudi Arabia though.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

David D. Davidson posted:

In other words:

It was also the first movie to be screened in movie theaters in Saudi Arabia though.
Boy if I was a Saudi theater goer I would be extremely confused after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

David D. Davidson posted:

In other words:

Those poor souls.

• Locked thread