Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

a hotdog is a sandwich and so is pie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
pie is absolutely a sandwich. if soup is a sandwich, and I’ve been assured ITF that it is, then pie definitely is.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

[quote="President Beep" post if soup is a sandwich, and I’ve been assured ITF that it is
[/quote]

for what soup besides MAYBE french onion could anyone even begin to assert this, let alone defend the assertion

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Penguissimo posted:

for what soup besides MAYBE french onion could anyone even begin to assert this, let alone defend the assertion

I mean, given sufficiently large amounts of bread I suppose a bowl of french onion soup could essentially become "A cheese sandwich with a lot of au jou?"

:shrug:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Penguissimo posted:

it was some talmud level sandwich scholar poo poo. i can't even begin to recite it.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

chowder in a bread bowl maybe?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Same way pasta is soup really. Different concentrations of sauce and contents

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
is a bread bowl a sandwich?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

The Management posted:

is a bread bowl a sandwich?

oh for sure. that's a pretty straightforward one. i think capt. foo said those were open face sandwiches.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
if I lay a slice of bread on the ground is the earth an open faced sandwich?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

The Management posted:

if I lay a slice of bread on the ground is the earth an open faced sandwich?

No but I think the sky would become one?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

yeah from the bread up is the sandwich.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
lay pieces of bread on opposite sides of the earth and boom: planet sandwich

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

lay pieces of bread on opposite sides of the earth and boom: planet sandwich
http://www.zefrank.com/sandwich/

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

a bread bowl is a calzone sandwich

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

pot pie is a soup sandwich

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

pot pie is a soup sandwich

ah! but you repeat yourself!

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
looks just like the last one. where is the innovation apple??????

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

delicious

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elmer chud posted:

looks just like the last one. where is the innovation apple??????

I cackled

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

same

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
col

p good favourites tray

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

NOT AT THIS DISTANCE YOUR HONOR

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

col

p good favourites tray

ive never seen the fifth panel before :prepop:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

ive never seen the fifth panel before :prepop:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bbm

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

a real miscarriage of a company

elmer chud
May 18, 2018

nerdrum posted:

I've used the following devices in the last year

Mi Mix 2s
Huawei P20
Pixel 2XL
LG G7
XZ2 Compact
XZ Premium
XZ1 Compact
Essential Phone
Galaxy S9+
iPhone X
Note 8
iPhone 8 Plus
HTC U11

Negating the fact that I could have probably purchased a well equipped early 2000's honda civic for the same amount of money,

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

:shittypop:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

but why though???? ugh.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

there’s something pathological going on there.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

nerdrum posted:

a well equipped early 2000's honda civic

🤔

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

vtec bithc

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

you shouldve quoted the rest of the post it gets funnier as it devolves into declaring xiaomi the best phone (not surprisingly defending the last purchase made if the phone timeline is accurate) and talking about how its a copy of an iphone yet better

nerdrum posted:

The Mi Mix 2s is the only one that felt like it could actually compete with the Samsung / Apple's of the world in terms of consistent UI focus, regardless of how "knocked off" of iOS it is -- I really think the overall user experience on Xiaomi devices is a full generation ahead of every android developer outside of Google at the point. It is as fast, if not slightly faster through the UI (especially gesture wise) than the OnePlus -- the screen seems to be calibrated to show actual human eye colors very similarly to Sony in that sense, the Camera's are about the same as the iPhone X in terms of quality, and nearly close to the 2XL in terms of night shots, FFC on the bottom chin hasn't bothered me since I am not taking too many selfies.

It's a device that makes very specific compromises and I very much like those compromises. If I had to rate my list from top to bottom:

Mi Mix 2s
Pixel 2XL
Huawei P20
XZ2 Compact
iPhone X
iPhone 8 Plus
Essential Phone
XZ1 Compact
Galaxy S9+
Note 8
HTC U11
XZ Premium
LG G7

If you don't give a poo poo about flipping your phone over for selfies, want an honest to god blindingly fast UI with some bloat you'll actually want to use and lean into -- Mi Mix 2s is the prettiest thing I've ever put my hands on and it feels like you can beat someone over the head with how heavy and substantial it feels. It really is an evolved iPhone in terms of software and design with all the android poo poo you need; sometimes being a copycat isn't the worst thing.

I will also say, the G7 is genuinely the worst cellphone released in the last 2-4 years with no exaggeration and how anyone on earth can find that screen and UX to be acceptable post 2014 is beyond me.

its pure gold top to bottom

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

that gold? it’s actually piss.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

well it is dyp so the expectation is youre going to be looking at some top shelf mental illness

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

LastInLine posted:

If you don't give a poo poo about flipping your phone over for selfies

wait

this is a phone without a selfie camera?

why bother

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
The camera is just at the bottom, not missing

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Cocoa Crispies posted:

wait

this is a phone without a selfie camera?

why bother

i thought the same thing and asked but what wasnt addressed was whether the ui flips as well because android does not flip upside down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The camera perspective can flip