Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Payndz posted:

Not bad for a goofy Euro-cartoon that's barely known in the States.
I think the term you're looking for is French Sailor Moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Oh hey, the Phineas and Ferb/Milo Murphy's Law crossover leaked.

Phineas and Ferb apparently have a personal probability-altering effect which is the opposite of Murphy's Law, causing everything to go right in their favour. This explains so much.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just watched it myself, it was pretty fun.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1029783743500713984

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't know why Cartoon Network is suddenly showing this Wacky Races show, but it needs to go the gently caress back to Boomerang where it belongs.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I was like, "Wacky Races is loving incredible, you insane monster" and then I turned on my television and whaaaaaaat is this

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Arist posted:

I was like, "Wacky Races is loving incredible, you insane monster" and then I turned on my television and whaaaaaaat is this

The conceit is that it takes place at various points in history.

This cowboy episode has a running joke about an oppressive lawyer trying to stop them from being violent.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

how bad is it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

i like the old wacky races, put that poo poo back on

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It literally feels like someone at the network got their wires crossed and put some Boomerang programming on.

It's that level.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

holy poo poo there are like 5 racers
half the fun of the old one were all the different, well, wacky racers

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Boomerang isn't bad, it's just dated. So happy that Craig got renewed.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Me too. Craig of the Creek might be my favorite CN show in "regular" rotation right now

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 18, 2018

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Waffleman_ posted:

It literally feels like someone at the network got their wires crossed and put some Boomerang programming on.

It's that level.

It is, in fact, one of the WB Animation shows that immediately punted to boomerang's VoD service

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Makes me wonder if the Mickey and the Roadster Racers is an improvement.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dangerous Person posted:

Me too. Craig of the Creek might by my favorite CN show in "regular" rotation right now

Don’t worry, I’m sure Craig will join Steven and Adventure Time in the “air dates are based on darts thrown at a calendar” purgatory soon. :v:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

asecondduck posted:

Don’t worry, I’m sure Craig will join Steven and Adventure Time in the “air dates are based on darts thrown at a calendar” purgatory soon. :v:

Just do what all the kids are doing and stream it.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Makes me wonder if the Mickey and the Roadster Racers is an improvement.

All joking aside, every parent I know has said it's even worse than Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, which I didn't think was possible

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xelkelvos posted:

Just do what all the kids are doing and stream it.

Cartoon Network needs to stop flirting with the concept (*cough*Boomerang*cough*) and just release a subscription-based version of their app. Drop new seasons of their shows all at once (or half a season at a time, whatever) and have their entire back catalog available as well. I'd gladly pay :tenbux: a month for that. Bonus points if the sub also includes Adult Swim content.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

asecondduck posted:

Cartoon Network needs to stop flirting with the concept (*cough*Boomerang*cough*) and just release a subscription-based version of their app. Drop new seasons of their shows all at once (or half a season at a time, whatever) and have their entire back catalog available as well. I'd gladly pay :tenbux: a month for that. Bonus points if the sub also includes Adult Swim content.

Problem is, Cartoon Network is owned by AT&T, who are very invested in keeping the "cable subscription required" model going.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Why does every movie scientist not only know every other scientist, but has also read their work?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The first season of Ducktales just ended and I'm here to say if you haven't given it a watch yet, do it, it's great.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Pakled posted:

The first season of Ducktales just ended and I'm here to say if you haven't given it a watch yet, do it, it's great.

Second, it's a really strong show with great jokes, surprising heart, and some great animation.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I absolutely agree, Ducktales is a great show.

In fact, Disney is doing a good job in general with their animations right now.
Entangled
Star vs. the forces of evil
Big hero 6
The new Spiderman cartoon

All of these are pretty fun once they get going. I remember a time when gravity falls was the only thing they had to offer. And before that there were years of nothingness.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Phineas and Ferb was good

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Wait,the show's started properly? Last time I remember Goons discussing it, there was just the premiere episode with no ETA on the rest of the show in sight.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I’ve watched all the Big Hero 6 episodes on demand, same with DuckTales. They’re definitely airing.

Don Karnage showing up on DuckTales has me rewatching TaleSpin and I am enjoying it too. (Old DK was WAY better than the new one even after the nostalgia goggles wore off.)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
A new Talespin would be right up my alley.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

The_Doctor posted:

A new Talespin would be right up my alley.

:same:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just look at CN's schedule - they are already in a Tailspin!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Oh that Tangled show is good too? I haven't seen it talked about much.

BioEnchanted posted:

Just look at CN's schedule - they are already in a Tailspin!

Ba-dum tsch

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I've been quite enjoying it. It's basically "did you like tangled? Well, here's more of that."

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Milo Murphy's Law seemed pretty good, but then it went on hiatus in 2017, and apparently is due to return in 2019?

Kinda puts the SU breaks people complain about to shame.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

VolticSurge posted:

Wait,the show's started properly? Last time I remember Goons discussing it, there was just the premiere episode with no ETA on the rest of the show in sight.

There's already 15 episodes out so far. It's been around a few months now.
Every person on that show is a giant dork, by the way. I love that.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Milo Murphy's Law seemed pretty good, but then it went on hiatus in 2017, and apparently is due to return in 2019?

Kinda puts the SU breaks people complain about to shame.

SU people aren't complaining about breaks, it's that the network is sitting on completed episodes for months. And if you want to talk about long breaks without episodes, I need only point you towards the Venture Bros.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Mraagvpeine posted:

SU people aren't complaining about breaks, it's that the network is sitting on completed episodes for months. And if you want to talk about long breaks without episodes, I need only point you towards the Venture Bros.

As an SU fan fed up with Cartoon Network, I'd say the issue is more the completely unpredictable release schedule. If we knew that, say, we'd get weekly episodes followed by a few month hiatus before resuming weekly episodes again I think the community wouldn't be as upset. Instead we get months long delays followed by releasing a handful of episodes either all at once on the app or in just a single week, followed by more unpredictable months of nothing. IMO doing it this way really hurts how the show is perceived as it airs, with people constantly complaining about "townie"-centric episodes (since those just mean they'll have to wait even longer for gem/Homeworld-centric episodes) or, for example, how the excellently-done episode where Lapis finally got a song was completely shafted in terms of community discussion and attention because it was aired back-to-back with the episode where it was finally confirmed that Rose Quartz was Pink Diamond.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

It might be anecdotal but the hiatuses made me drop out of SU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Same here.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I’m watching it again but with nowhere near the enthusiasm. To hell with CN executives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Every person on that show is a giant dork, by the way. I love that.

So it's pretty good? Like I mentioned, I haven't seen any Goon discussion of the show since the premiere.