Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Oh shut up, shut up, shut up! No one cares about your drat understanding! Let's just get through our last bit of Understanding so Hazard can understand a missile through his stupid fat face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Brunom1 posted:

Nah, all Gundams are locked to their pilots. I reckon the Celestial Being would all have DNA locks on their MSs, especially after Ali jacked one of the Thrones.

Nuts, I wish more games would let you do that with the minor characters.

Didn't one of the Alpha games give you an extra Wing Gundam that you could stick Noin in?

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Alacron posted:

Nuts, I wish more games would let you do that with the minor characters.

Didn't one of the Alpha games give you an extra Wing Gundam that you could stick Noin in?

Noin is way underestimated as a pilot, given how the mook mechas are loving tissue paper in Wing, the fact she can go toe to toe with the Gundams in a Taurus and live says a lot.

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Onmi posted:

Oh shut up, shut up, shut up! No one cares about your drat understanding! Let's just get through our last bit of Understanding so Hazard can understand a missile through his stupid fat face.

At this point I'd prefer the most insulting disrespectful thing possible for him at this point when fighting him. Perhaps an arrow through his face instead? Maybe have someone like Hebe or Karen finish him to have him die at a poor unit's hands. Or make Mamoru Goubine Smash said face for some poetic justice.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Even if this is Trailblazer 00, I did sorely appreciate this stage. It legitimately feels like you're fighting a war of attrition with the endless swarms of ELS.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

As one of the three people that liked the 00 movie, I like that this stage is a pretty good reenactment of it. Shame how self-contained it is though, I would have liked to see the ELS/Festum/Vajra interact more with each other instead of being weirdly avoidant of each other. Them all having a single will should, in theory, make them even more attractive to each other rather than the opposite, much like the ELS are attracted to quantum brainwave users. I choose to look at this as a failure from Frontier and 00 rather than a failure of the plot as a whole. Because I'm objective like that and Fafner is cool in this game.

Formation Big Wednesday is cool though. I like that they kept Isamu's little cameo in there. A bit disappointing that a whole bunch of Macross Cannons add up to like 5k damage against a single target though (at least in a cinematic), but I'll take it.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Onmi posted:

From Anime to books to Star trek. Shout out to all the nameless redshirts sacrificed so named characters can pat eachother on the back about how understanding they are of others.

GimmickMan posted:

I would have liked to see the ELS/Festum/Vajra interact more with each other instead of being weirdly avoidant of each other. Them all having a single will should, in theory, make them even more attractive to each other rather than the opposite, much like the ELS are attracted to quantum brainwave users. I choose to look at this as a failure from Frontier and 00 rather than a failure of the plot as a whole. Because I'm objective like that and Fafner is cool in this game.
A big. BIG part about why such stories are either well regarded, or considered trash, is how well the writing keeps you engaged enough to not think about "Humans are such assholes!... Even when the aliens do worse"

You don't think about the "Cogs in the machine. Bad if you do it, sympathetic if the aliens do it" snag in Enders Game while you are reading it. You only think about it if you are forced to write a book report on it.

Or say, having the same series retread over and over and over and over until you can't help but notice it :v: Like with people getting sick of Macross Frontier in SRW.

So imagine how much worse it could get. If we had several alien groups eating or assimilating eachother in the background, while people made the usual "ARE HUMANS THE REAL MONSTERS!? Clearly this would not be happening if we were not such assholes!" speeches.

"If only we had stopped to UNDERSTAND the ELS, or the Vajra!" "Hey, turns the ELS ate the Vajra and now we're fighting T-1000 Vajra" "...This is still our fault somehow, I just know it"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 12, 2018

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Section Z posted:

From Anime to books to Star trek. Shout out to all the nameless redshirts sacrificed so named characters can pat eachother on the back about how understanding they are of others.

A big. BIG part about why such stories are either well regarded, or considered trash, is how well the writing keeps you engaged enough to not think about "Humans are such assholes!... Even when the aliens do worse"

You don't think about the "Cogs in the machine. Bad if you do it, sympathetic if the aliens do it" snag in Enders Game while you are reading it. You only think about it if you are forced to write a book report on it.

Or say, having the same series retread over and over and over and over until you can't help but notice it :v: Like with people getting sick of Macross Frontier in SRW.

So imagine how much worse it could get. If we had several alien groups eating or assimilating eachother in the background, while people made the usual "ARE HUMANS THE REAL MONSTERS!? Clearly this would not be happening if we were not such assholes!" speeches.

"If only we had stopped to UNDERSTAND the ELS, or the Vajra!" "Hey, turns the ELS ate the Vajra and now we're fighting T-1000 Vajra" "...This is still our fault somehow, I just know it"

This is why a concrete villain you can punch is such a breath of fresh air sometimes.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Rigged Death Trap posted:

This is why a concrete villain you can punch is such a breath of fresh air sometimes.
Shoving Earth Defense Force into SRW would be too good for this sinful world.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Section Z posted:

Shoving Earth Defense Force into SRW would be too good for this sinful world.

The rookie is dead! SRW EDF.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

McTimmy posted:

The rookie is dead! SRW EDF.
Why do you stand against a god?

For some reason!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

GimmickMan posted:

As one of the three people that liked the 00 movie
Who is the third member of our trio?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Section Z posted:

The thing I'm annoyed with is acting like responding to something hostile with combat is somehow humanities fault because humanity didn't understand them. Like... It'd be one thing if Humanities first response to seeing this alien life was to unload missiles into it, but in almost all these cases, humanity is attacked first and fights back. And it's not then like the attacking force then backs off and humanity charges after them to wipe them out, they continue to attack and humanity continues to fight back.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Onmi posted:

The thing I'm annoyed with is acting like responding to something hostile with combat is somehow humanities fault because humanity didn't understand them. Like... It'd be one thing if Humanities first response to seeing this alien life was to unload missiles into it, but in almost all these cases, humanity is attacked first and fights back. And it's not then like the attacking force then backs off and humanity charges after them to wipe them out, they continue to attack and humanity continues to fight back.
Yeah, shoehorning in "This highly advanced alien being thought that war was 'how you talk' because :lol: Humans suck amiright?" at the last second just cheapens the whole concept.

Misunderstanding is real. Needing to learn to communicate with an alien outlook is real. Both species being a bunch of gently caress ups in some manner is real.

Bending over backwards to claim "Um, actually, Aliens are blameless! So there" takes all the philosophical conflict and throws it out the window. Much more so when it's incredibly one sided in how absurdly OP the alien entities are, compared to "Alien rock monsters pissed you are killing their young, time to eat some miners".

Mildly related, when I was watching Annihilation I started to wonder about the usual lopsided nature of this sort of gimmick.

"Humans are the real monsters! Which is why we're the least threatening thing in existence to the point of simply falling apart physically, mentally, and metaphysically... But trust us, it's our self destructive tendencies to blame for being eaten by a bear mimicking human voices to lure it's prey."

The message would have been a lot stronger if it was humans getting the shark teeth upgrades due to an inner desire to murder. Instead of alligators that hardly need the extra help getting them while humans just dissolve into a windows screensaver.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 13, 2018

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nothing made me realize how many mecha series use the UNDERSTANDING stuff more than the overuse of the 00 movie in SRW, because it is really bad about it.

I still wish we got angry atheist gundam Setsuna more often. The Traumatic Child Soldier club needs more people than Kira and Friends.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The worst part about this failure at trying to go one layer deeper than the original Gundam is that we've entered an era where Gundam doesn't take inspiration from real life or classic science fiction but from Gundam itself, so just like Unicorn is a copypaste of All The UC Tropes, whatever Gundam does next with aliens is going to take the 00 movie as the mold and work from there.

At least they could use Fafner, where you can empathize how difficult UNDERSTANDING really is by having to try and make sense of Idun's speech patterns and the plot as a whole. :v:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

GimmickMan posted:

The worst part about this failure at trying to go one layer deeper than the original Gundam is that we've entered an era where Gundam doesn't take inspiration from real life or classic science fiction but from Gundam itself, so just like Unicorn is a copypaste of All The UC Tropes, whatever Gundam does next with aliens is going to take the 00 movie as the mold and work from there.

At least they could use Fafner, where you can empathize how difficult UNDERSTANDING really is by having to try and make sense of Idun's speech patterns and the plot as a whole. :v:

The funniest part about later Gundam trying for Understanding is how much 0079 and Newtypes were based around Understanding... and how much that loving SUCKED for them. Amuro is broken by an unwanted connection with Lalah who he'd only ever met once, and then got to experience her dying. Scirocco abused his ability to connect with people to manipulate them into being his servants, Haman connected with Judau, again, unintentionally, on the simple fact that he had similar wavelengths to Char, and in the end she killed herself, probably scarring HIM for life.

Being a newtype is making GBS threads awful, understanding comes with a lot of pain and suffering that most would want to be rid of. The Federation's problem with Zeon wasn't that they didn't understand them, it's that Zeon were a bunch of murderous ratbags. At no point in original UC is the problem "Well they just don't understand" both sides understand each other very well, they just disagree.

It's funny because Linebarrels also has an Understanding Finale, except IT'S understanding is "Please understand we'd rather find our own answer to the suicide switch and not have you murder us all"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Macross can get away with it because "finding a way to communicate with alien cultures (via music)" is a huge part of that franchise

00's very limited "all problems are caused by petty personal grievances and the world can be fixed by everyone having their minds read by everyone else" view is probably a result of Seiji Mizushima being an extremely optimistic guy but ultimately ends up coming off as incredibly naive.

I think bemoaning that 00 will have any affect on future alien appearances in Gundam is a little premature though considering that movie is rapidly approaching ten years old and no one has touched that particular base again (unless we're counting GBF)

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Yea, for supposedly the next step in humanity, life for New Types really loving sucks and you can't really blame it all on the 'normies'.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
The TV series at least had its share of Bad Faith Actors who couldn’t be dealt with through communication, so it’s not like it’s totally hippie-dippie good feels.

Also it’s admittedly been a while, but I don’t remember “The ELS think that war is how we communicate” being in the movie.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Alacron posted:

The TV series at least had its share of Bad Faith Actors who couldn’t be dealt with through communication, so it’s not like it’s totally hippie-dippie good feels.

Also it’s admittedly been a while, but I don’t remember “The ELS think that war is how we communicate” being in the movie.

Hell, for the TV series, Understanding(tm) was never the goal. First season was about painting such an irresistible target on themselves the whole world couldn't help but point their guns in the same direction for a change in humanity's history.

Then it became ousting the Clone Illuminati.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

And we’re back, having understood to crap out of the ELS and jettisoning Trailblazer’s plot from the spotlight. But there’s still Frontier nonsense to deal with, as the baddies are making a beeline for the Vajra homeworld. More importantly, Hazard is there, and the blood debt must be repaid in full.
Joe’s deploying as an event units and we’ve 19 slots open, so here’s how we’re going:
Aesap/Sakomizu
Liu Bei/Pretender
Kurou/Deceive
Kazuki/Maya
Setsuna/Marvel (Zwarth)
Shou/Tsubasa
Mazinkaiser/Moritsugu
Alto/Fei-Yen
Shinn/Lunamaria
Lu Bu/Seri
Arnie/Saya
Cao Cao/Domyoji
Sakura/Mike
Dancouga/Eida
Heroman/Miu
Mamoru/Shouko
Kouichi/Kiki
Sun Quan/Rennie
Kira/Kenji
Tactician: Romina (set her in if you’re on track for the other Tobikage secret)

Off we go.

: We’ve multiple Vajra closing in, with even more headed for this sector! Our radars are reading three thousand bogeys!
: Homeworld or not, there’s a frightening number of them inhabiting this area.
: Psh, that means nothing now that we’ve our new weapon ready to go…!
: Mr. President, requesting permission to expend Island 1’s energy stock to broadcast the jamming code.
: Are you certain this will work? I’m not sure if it’s worth endangering Island 1’s populace…
: Remember that we’re facing a foe that brought the mighty Galaxy Fleet to the brink of destruction. You must make a decision now, Mr. President.
: …
: Very well. Deploy the Fold Jamming device and begin the anti-Vajra operation! Engage hypnosis!

: The Vajra have stopped moving?!
: Troops, shift to Phase 2! Launch the Implant Munitions!

: Ooh, the Vajra are…!
: Fold Network connectivity at 93,5%!

: The Vajra are firing on each other…!
: The Fleet used their Fold Jamming device to block their intercommunications…
: And with the Implant Munitions lodged into them, they now have full control over the creatures…
: The Vajra have become living weapons in every sense of the word.
: Hmhmhm… We’ve nothing more to fear from them!
: Congratulations on your success, President Howard, Mr. Mishima.
: We’re the ones who should be thanking you.
: We would never have finished our control technology as fast as we did without your assistance.
: Well, my research on Aura Battler development has given me much know-how regarding control of Direbeasts and equivalent. Plus, we have our Odyssite.
: Reining the Vajra in was quite simple once we were capable of analyzing their Fold Wave communication protocols.
: Mr. President, all we’ve left to do is rally our troops and descend upon the Vajra homeworld!
: Yes, order all mobile units to return right away! We’re making landfall!
: I’ll hang back and take care of things up here, then.
: Give me a bit and I’ll have any Vajra we missed under our finger.
: Very well, Commandant Hazard. Please do.

: That went swimmingly, if I do say so myself, Director.
: Hmph, those Frontier morons can go and handle their pest control themselves.
: What about Annex’s fleet? Have they made it here?
: Yes, sir. They’ve already concluded their warp and are standing by at a neighboring sector.
: Hmhmhm, good. Looks like everything’s in place for our final play.
: Yes – it all comes down to these next steps.
: Pay attention, Dog. You’re about to see the greatest fracas of my life!
: BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*Blast!*

: A-aargh…!
: Give up and I’ll put you down easy. You’re not winning this after being disconnected from the Implant Network.
: Kch…! Who do you think helped you analyze those communication protocols…?!
: And we’re very grateful for your help, Col. Grace Godunova. But our project doesn’t need any Weavers of the Wind.
: …?!
: The homeworld of the Vajra will be our new Frontier.
: Farewell, Col. Grace!

*Blast!*

: Hrk… Gaaaah!
: I-I cannot die yet! Not here…!

*Jump!*

: What…?!

*Slash!*

: Gwaaaargh! I-Impossible…!

*Dead.*

: Hahah… Don’t underestimate one of the Galaxy’s cyborgs…
: Rrgh…!
: (N-No… Just let me do one last thing before I go…!)

: The Vajra are fighting each other?! How’d that happen?!
: I suppose the Frontier’s finished analyzing their Fold Network.
: With that knowledge in hand, they must’ve found a way to exert some sort of external control over the Vajra and compel them to fight…
: They can do stuff like that?!
: They can, yeah… with Shot’s technology on their side.
: Shot Weapon…?!
: That man dedicated himself to researching Byston Well’s Direbeasts and perfecting Aura Battlers.
: I don’t doubt his technology to be capable of weaponizing the Vajra as well…
: And we already know the Army of Mankind now has units that draw upon Aura Power.
: Jin and Ayul’s…!
: Then, you think it’s Shot Weapon that’s helping them with all that?
: Yeah, I’m pretty sure it is.
: It makes sense now…
: The Army of Mankind used those Machine Island escapees as a trial run for this.
: You don’t think they’re going to turn the Vajra into kamikaze weapons like those guys, right?!
: That’s awful… The Vajra feel just as much as we do…
: But I’d expect them to need a massive amount of Fold Quartz to control that many Vajra.
: How did they ever manage this…?
: Odyssite…!
: The Odyssite has similar properties to the Fold Quartz, so if they used that…!
: I suppose that’s the reason behind the Frontier Government’s alliance with the Army of Mankind.
: They get their Odyssite from the Army of Mankind, and use it to control the Vajra…
: Following that, they conquer the homeworld and gain even more resources…
: Seems that’s the basic outline of their entire plan.
: But that doesn’t tell us why The Boom Army left the Earth Sphere to come here.
: I mean, I doubt the Frontier Fleet would ever work with those guys, even if Hazard did call them over.
: Hm, but I’m sure there’s a purpose there. What are you up to, Hazard Pasha…?
: Regardless, we’ve long-since established that the Vajra are sentient creatures, so this is nothing short of an invasion against another species.
: Not to mention that endangering all of the civilians at the Frontier Fleet is reckless to the extreme, and not something I’m willing to tolerate.
: Thus, we’re moving to descend unto the Vajra homeworld to stop the Frontier Government and the Army of Mankind’s rampage.
: And what’re we gonna do if we bump into those mind-controlled Vajra?
: Well, that’s what you have us for, no?
: Mine, Sheryl and Fei’s songs might just be able to hold the Vajra back…!
: You can count on me!
: Speaking of, we’ve installed a Super Pack in your YF-29 – it’ll help amplify the girls’ Fold Songs.
: A Super Pack?
: Right; it’s biggest feature is the Fold Wave Projector, which’ll really magnify the power of their music.
: Aha, so it’s kind of like that sonic weapon you made for Heroman back at Arkham.
: Well, certainly, my efforts back then have paid off dividends.
: The memories of my mortal struggles have sublimated this buffoon’s invention into a secret weapon on a galactic scale.
: OH, amazing! My genius truly knows no bounds!
: All you did was wail on that guitar, Doctor-robo!
: All in all, whether or not we can hold back the Vajra’ll depend on your skill, Alto.
: I know. I’ll do whatever it takes to make sure their songs get through.
: Heehee, don’t disappoint us. Our show’s depending on you… *cough, cough*…
: Sheryl…!
: I-I’m okay. I need to get ready to sing… *cough*
: *Cough, wheeze* R-Rgh…!

*Faint.*

: Sheryl?!
: Sheryl, stay with us! Sheryl!

: I wouldn’t have believed it if I didn’t see it…
: Her V-Type Infection’s reaching its terminal stage…
: Huh…?!
: Oi, what the hell?! I thought she’d gotten better with those meds from Tatsumiya!
: Sheryl hasn’t been taking those.
: What? Why?!
: Dr. Toumi did everything she could to make a medicine that would put as little strain as possible on her vocal chords…
: But, despite that, there are still side effects.
: Whenever she takes that medicine, her voice gets really hoarse…
: That’s nuts! This is her life we’re talking about!
: Then, what, would you have stopped her, Alto?!
: We all know there’s no stopping someone who’s so determined to do something that she’d risk her own life for it!
: And, Alto… it’s only because you’re here that she—
: Okay, that's enough, Ranka…
: Thank God, you’re awake!
: Sheryl, I…
: Sorry, I didn’t mean to force you to look after me…
: … And much as it pains me to say it, I’ll need you to run today’s show by yourself.
: Sheryl…
: Hmhmhm, I don’t often do freebies like this, you know…
: Okay, I’ll do it. I’ll sing enough for the two of us…!
: Ranka…
: Thanks. Now, don’t worry about me – I haven’t given up on living yet, and I won’t for as long as my heart’s beating.
: Ditto. I ain’t throwing in the towel ‘til the fat lady sings.
: Joe…!
: Bro, you should be resting!
: I know we’re also workaholics, but we’re absolutely not sending you out there in that condition!
: I’m so close… Just a bit more and I’ll figure out the secret of that power…
: And what if you end up losing your life getting that answer?
: You have realized it as well, have you not? That power is…
: So, what?
: Sorry, Princess, but this ain’t just about Planet Ladorio anymore…
: And it ain’t about me being on my last legs, or how my odds to winning are zero…
: He… Ylbora is waiting for me. So, I have to go…
: Joe…

: You said you had to talk to me, Princess Romina?
: It’s possible that Joe’s next battle will be his last.
: Whatever the outcome may be, I intend to watch over him to the very end.
: I consider that to be my duty as the one who brought him into this war to begin with.
: So this is just about you feeling responsible?
: … No, it’s not.
: I… love him.
: …!
: Of course, I’m not about to confront you about that. This is hardly the time for it.
: Still, listening to Joe back there… it helped me come to a decision.
: If we do succeed at ending all these conflicts and bringing peace to the world…

:siren: SRW UX - Love Survivor

: Then, I’ll challenge you in earnest – not as a princess, but as another woman.
: Princess, you…
: Heehee, you’ll challenge me, eh? That sounds pretty good.
: Of course, that’s assuming Joe feels that way for both of us, right?
: Hah, that is true…
: I suppose we should both pray for that to be the case.
: Thank you for being so frank with me, Princess Romina. I’m seeing things a lot clearer now.
: Rennie…
: I know what I must do… and, if anything, I’ll also make sure I’ve no regrets.
: But, first things first, the two of us need to stay alive.
: Absolutely…!

: Hrk…! A-Aargh… Haah, haah...
: You really are going to assault the UX again, aren’t you?
: You may try to stop me, but I…
: Hmph, that is far beneath me.
: Go, I say. We’ll see for ourselves if you’ll emerge from this as a bundle of space dust or as the ninja of legend.

*He leaves.*

: Ylbora went after them, hm?
: Yes, sire. Though, in his condition, I doubt victory’s a possibility – at best, this will end in a draw.
: Hmhmhm, that would be just fine.
: Hm? But if that happens…
: We still do not know what the truth behind the Ninja Legend is. Simply waiting for it to reveal itself to us is far too dangerous.
: Then, the plan is for Joe Maya and Ylbora to beat each other into submission, and then we move in and claim the grand power in their units…?
: That’s it, yes.
: Now, on to other matters. Do we have the precise location for the Vajra homeworld?
: No, not yet…
: I’m certain we warped to the exact coordinates Hazard gave us, but that planet is also…
: It’s not in any of our star charts, as was the case with Earth, hm?
: Yes, sire…
: (Planets that aren’t in our star charts, our missing Kylhasium, and the Ninja Legend…)
: (They all strike me as being related, but I cannot say how. This unease grows with each passing day…)

Mission 49 – The End of the Invasion

: All ships have successfully Folded to the Vajra homeworld’s sector!
: L-Look at all of them…!
: Fold Sound Stage is operational and standing by!
: Are you good to go, Ranka?
: Y-Yes! I’m ready!
: Okay, then deploy all mobile troops!

: Leave the fighting to us, Alto. You worry about making sure her song gets through to the buggers!
: Rrk…!

: Are you alright, Joe?!
: D-Don’t worry about me…! And keep your eyes open – he’s coming, I’m sure of it!
: I can feel it in my bones, and in the Tobikage…!
: (You’ll be okay… Just put your heart in your song and the Vajra’ll understand!)

: Kishaaaaaaa!

: Aaaaah!
: Huh?! The Vajra…!
: What’s going on?! Didn’t the Vajra see Ranka as a friend?!

*Alarm!*

: …! I’m reading Control Waves – powerful ones! They’re being broadcast from around the Vajra homeworld!
: I guess they expected us to try something like this.
: Blast that Army of Mankind! They are going to use the Vajra as shock troops?!
: Switch to mission plan D23!
: We’re breaking through the Vajra’s ranks and into their planet’s atmosphere!
: But we’d have to attack the controlled Vajra to do that…
: No time for grumbling! What’dya think we came here for, eh?!
: Lt. Kaido…!
: If you’re not willing to fight, then you wait in the ships!
: We can play the role of villains by ourselves!
: Heheh, you ain’t hogging this spotlight!
: Jumping into the fray and ripping through the enemy’s just the way we like it!
: The Army of Mankind’s at the planet’s surface, and there will be no freeing the Vajra until they’re stopped!
: I understand that it’s difficult, but our priority must be getting through here and making landfall!

Destroy everyone, don’t lose Joe or a ship. Big and beefy Vajra everywhere, but we’ve dealt with this before – spread out your guys to force the enemy to do the same and take them down with appropriate tactics. And don’t forget that the Vajra ships all have frontal MAPWs!
We’ve more stuff incoming from the north, so send a bit more troops to that side while you’re going through the Vajra – make sure Joe’s one of those. Mind you, with his reduced morale and no SP, you’ll want to be very careful that he doesn’t get mobbed by the buggers (just have Demonbane close by so his high HP draws their attention).

:siren: SRW UX - The Eternal Soldiers

:siren: SRW UX - Tobikage Appears!

: Gch… You’re stuck with me all the way to the finish line, Tobikage…
: Or, better put, ‘other me’!

:siren: SRW UX - A Bird’s Song

And once you’ve brought the enemy under 14 squads…

*Tzeeeeeep.*

: I feel something. It’s…!
: The Vajra’s pain…!
: They’re crying… They want to be free. We have to do something – fast!

: Waaaaaaah!
: Hrm…! Our starboard side’s been hit!
: Give me a check on all damaged sections…! The Elshank cannot be sunk now!

: Everyone’s fighting so hard to impart our hearts to the Vajra…
: And here I am, completely useless when I’m needed the most…
: Pii!
: Heheh, are you telling me to cheer up? Thanks…

*Boom!*

: Aaiieee!
: Th-There’s a crack in the wall—

*SWOOOOOOOSH!*

: Piiiiiii!
: Aaaaaaaaah!

: Hrm, they just keep coming! If this doesn’t stop, both we and the Vajra’ll…!

*Tzeeeeeeep.*

: It’s all right… I’ll take care of it, Kazuki…

:siren: SRW UX - Azure

: Th-That voice…!

: The Festum’s Worm Spheres?! They live in this part of space too?!
: No, that’s…!

: The Mark Nicht…?!
: It’s you, isn’t it, Kurusu…?
: We meet again…
: Why are you here…?!
: I wanted to deliver them from their pain. That’s why…
: That’s why I came back!

: Kurusu…!
: I… I understand, Kurusu! You don’t even have to say it – I can tell already…!
: I can see the flicker of your life!
: You’re alive! You are there now!
: Yes, I am, Kazuki! I am… right here!
: Folks, if he also wants to save the Vajra, then that makes us allies!
: Work with him to drive back the Vajra and find us a way through!
: Aye, aye!

And, bam, that’s the last Fafner secret unlocked. Misao’s squad bonus is Accuracy +5, HP +500 (Accuracy +30, HP +1500, 35% Double Image, Spec Debuff Immunity), and his spirits are Analyze, Focus, Sense, Zeal, Courage. It even has Assimilate L3 but, of course, the Festum aren’t a problem anymore.
Misao, as a pilot, is pretty good overall, compounded by the fact that, like Koyo, he knows Mind Read L3 for that flat +50% boost to his evasion/accuracy numbers… but the problem is the Mark Nicht. First and foremost, it doesn’t get the Crossing System which, as said with the Zero Fafner, is a relevant demerit. However, the primary issue is that, as the theory goes, the devs kind of forgot to give it actual “player unit” stats on its weapons.
You know how boss weapons have lower firepower than ours to accommodate their inflated stats and our lower HP counts? Well, that’s the issue: the Mark Nicht has appallingly low attack power – its best attack is only 200 points stronger than the frickin’ Mark Elf’s (4000 x 4200). You can guess how well it measures up to our mainline guys.
Or maybe that’s just to signify how Misao doesn’t actually make very good use of the Nicht. When Soushi takes it up in Exodus, the thing pretty much becomes Fafner Mark Granzon.

: So much pain is born as lives are lost… and I don’t want the Vajra to experience any more than they already have.
: That’s why I decided to be here!

:siren: SRW UX - Tales of Mirisha ~ The Brave Legend

Keep going, and when you’ve reduced the Vajra under 10 units…

: The Vajra’s numbers are dwindling. One more push and we may yet—

: What the hell…?!
: Here he is…!
: I’ve been waiting for you, Ylbora!

: Hahahah… Joe…
: I’m glad to see you’re still kicking!
: I say the same, Joe!
: Why, I dare say we may be birds of a feather…
: Yeah, maybe we are…
: And that’s exactly why we’ve both got something we’re not willing to give up on!
: Come on, then, Joe. This will be…!
: Our final battle, Ylbora!

Take out Ylbora to progress with things. He’s over by the north-northwest flank, but still pretty far away, so you can stand to spend another turn trashing the Vajra while he moves closer. Also:

:siren: Secret Alert!
Tobikage Secret #1 – 8th step: set Romina as your tactician and have Joe shoot down Ylbora.

One more time. Joe should already have plenty of morale from all the dead mooks, but killing Ylbora with no SP can be annoying – either have someone cast Attune and/or use Hope to fill his stock up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCgDrb0NPPs
Let’s get some Nicht weapons we didn’t see out of the way because I doubt I’ll ever deploy it with my limited slots.

: I see. Your heart is…
: You may read my mind, Festum child, but that won’t help you stop my advance!
: I know. And just as you’ve chosen to be there, I, too, have a reason for being here!

:siren: SRW UX - Roulette

: We stand here today not as a Princess of Planet Ladorio or as a warrior of The Boom Army…
: But only as people who’ve dedicated themselves to their causes! Thus, what awaits us…
: Is a clash between our wills! Come, Your Highness!

: Away! What exists between Joe and I is a fate that none other may infringe upon!
: And we’re supposed to care…?!
: Joe might even hate us for it, but he’s hurt, and we won’t think twice of doing this if it’ll save him!
: We’ll stop you, Ylbora, even if we gotta ante up our lives!
: Hah… Very well. Stay true to your will and face me!

: The Tobikage and the Zerokage, you and I…! It is no coincidence that we’re facing one another right now!
: True. We’ve always been butting heads with each other ever since we met!
: But if that was fate, then this is where it comes to a close!
: Yes, it is – and it’s also where the sealed legend will begin!

Ylbora drops a Damian’s Karate Manual (Melee and Skill +10, Accuracy +5)

: Kch… Hrrrrmm!
: Sir Ylbora!
: Haaaaaah!

*Joe repositions.*

: Toryaah!

: Oorgh…!
: Joe!
: Stay away!
: Hah-Hahah… It looks like the next attack will be the last for us…
: Y-Yeah… and that’s just what I want…!
: But why?! Why are you two so obsessed with continuing this…?!
: Everyone’s got their own reasons for fighting… some do it to protect another, some do it change as people…
: As for the two of us, our reason is just one and the same!
: This is no longer about pride or tenacity…
: We fight in order to unravel the answer that lies beyond this battle…!
: Joe… Ylbora!
: Raaaaaaargh!
: JOOOEE!!

*Bzzzzzt!*

: Aaaiieeee!
: Wh-What’s going on?! The Tobikage’s stuck…!
: This technique… It’s?!

: Hmhmhm, how do you like the taste of my Ultimate Plasma Binding?
: Charme…!
: It’s that trick she used before…!
: Hmph, hardly. The energy at my disposal is far different from then!
: Her Ultimate Plasma Binding uses the Odyssite as a catalyst! I trust you’ll appreciate its power!
: O-Odyssite…?!

: Gwaaaaaargh!
: BWAAHAHAHAHAHA! I’m afraid it’s time for you to exit stage left, Joe, Ylbora!
: Gch… Hazard, you sonuva…!
: Even the fangs of the fiercest of tigers mean nothing when they’re stuck in a cage.
: But don’t worry: we’ll take our sweet time exploring the mysteries of the grand power of the Ninja Legend after you’re gone!
: Hrm… That’s what they’re after?!
: All troops forward – seize them!
: Curse you, Charme! You…

: You won’t have this your way!

: Ylbora…!
: Rrrooaaarrgh!

: Kch… It can’t be! He broke my Ultimate Plasma Binding…?!
: Don’t tell me that power is…!
: No… this isn’t any mysterious ‘grand power’!
: It’s the power that embodies indignation towards evil!
: It’s my wrath – a force that wants nothing but to annihilate the lot of you!
: Y-You worm…!
: Joe, can you keep up?!
: Heheh, who do ya think you’re talking to?!
: Haaaaaaaah!

: That light… They’re also…
: (Director Hazard, that light is…)
: (Yes. It’s reacting to the Odyssite, just like Shot said it would.)
: (We were right. The source of their powers is…)
: Joe!
: Had you worried for a sec, didn’t I, Rennie? Sorry about that. But I ain’t taking any more punishment without a fight!
: Sir Ylbora…!
: Sir Ylbora… At last… At long last, you have returned to us!
: Hm. We’ll talk about that later!
: Our foes are Hazard… and The Boom Army!
: I got it, Ylbora!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Sep 22, 2018

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Aay, Ylbora’s friendly again (no, this isn’t from the secret). His squad bonus is Mobility +30, Melee weapons +300, Armor +150 and Range +1; spirit commands are Focus, Sense, Drive, Zeal, Valor. By himself, he’s on par with Joe and Tobikage, but, obviously, can’t fuse with the Ladorian units. Still, he might get something else…

Famir Battleship (Hazard Pasha)
Pilot Skills:
Prevail L9
Support Attack L3
All Attack L3
Command L4
Mech Features:
All-Canceller
Hazard’s voice actor: Takeshi Aono (other roles: Helluga in SRW GC/XO, Luozol in Masoukishin, Dr. Wily in Megaman, and many more)
Dog Tack’s voice actor: Takashi Taniguchi (other roles: Grave in Masoukishin, Nylen in the Tales of Vesperia movie, and some more)

Exactly what you’d expect from a big battleship boss: big stats where it matters, lots of range, a TON of defenses and a 3x8 frontal MAPW. Firepower is also appropriately high, especially with a 2L size, but that’s only an issue if he gets a clean hit in. Move in close enough to deal with his cronies but far enough to force him to close the distance – once he’s done that, mob him and destroy.
YOU CAN’T HIDE FROM ME ANYMORE, MOTHERFUCKER! I’M COMING FOR YOU!

: I do not take my crimes to be forgivable… nor do I seek trust or sympathy.
: All that matters to me now is being true to my beliefs! Ylbora Saro, warrior of Ladorio, challenges you!

:siren: SRW UX - Lion

:siren: SRW UX - Deus Machina

: Aw, you came all the way here to watch us become the rulers of the universe? You shouldn’t have!
: Ye maggot wallowing in greed… Your selfishness has blinded you to your place in the universe. I would call you a fool, but that would be insulting to fools everywhere!
: Step up, Hazard! You’re about to feel the anger of all the people you’ve hurt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSSYlYs48xM
Here’s Hazard’s best attack.

: You might have destroyed my trap, but I am still here!
: And I’ve taken a vow to secure Emperor Annex’ future, even if it costs me my life!
: Enemy or not, your loyalty is commendable, Benikage, warrior of The Boom Army!
: I, Romina Ladorio, shall also stake my own life and face you in battle!

: Hmph… I always knew this would happen, Ylbora. I could feel that, behind that aura of solitude, you never forsook your pride as a warrior!
: However, you’ll never amount to the ninja of legend! Your life will fade away and only dust will remain!
: I hid my beliefs deep within my heart, yet their embers continued to burn… all in preparation for this moment! The void beckons you, Benikage, and the Zerokage will usher you there!

: Hmph, you dare challenge the Benikage? I’d accept the ninja of legend, but not riffraff like you!
: Riffraff, eh? And what’s wrong with that?
: Even riffraff’s got some possibilities within them. All we gotta do is batch those together and we might just measure up to even the ninja of legend!
: We’ve been there fighting alongside Joe and the others since the start! Don’t take us seriously and you’ll get burned!

: Sucks to be you, Benikage! There ain’t no chains strong enough to tie us down!
: Each of us got the light of hope inside, and not even the deepest darkness’ll make us lose sight of it!
: You have eluded death for far too long! For the glory of His Majesty, Emperor Annex… and so the blue Earth may be his!
: I’ll personally send you screaming into the afterlife, Tobikage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_nQkmcqKRk
I only remembered now that I still had to show off the DK for Misao’s best weapon, so here it is. FYI, this was with Valor and the Nicht’s 50% upgraded.
Charme drops a Secret Tome of Ninja Arts (Evasion and Ranged +10, Skill +5).

: Hrk… Curse you Earthlings!
: You force my hand…!

*Beep.*

(TV): Stop, Charme. Return at once!
: B-But…!
: There are plenty of other ways to crush them. Do you understand?
: Y-Yes, sire…!

: The enemy commander retreated…?
: Weird, considering this is about as close to “final battle” as you’re going to get. What’re they up to?

Dunno, don’t care. I’ve more important matters to see to…!

: Not content with what you did to the Festum, now you’re looking to use the Vajra as fuel for your ambitions?! Isn’t there anything you care about protecting other than yourself?!
: Ahaa, I thought you were familiar – you’re that boy who defended me back then, right?
: Then, you can die protecting my glory this time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbCTxwWyKcw
And here’s Hazard’s second strongest attack – didn’t connect, but it’s the same.
Now we can begin!

Hitsuto Boy - Love Survivor
:siren: LOVE SURVIVOR! LOVE SURVIVOR! :siren:

: Mwahahaha! This is goodbye to those days spent in the Martian boonies!
: A brilliant future awaits Hazard Pasha just around the corner, and you’re not stopping me!
: That’s fine – we’ll just guide you over to that future of yours…
: Though what’s waiting you won’t be Earth, Mars, or even that utopia you dream of!
: drat straight; the only place you’re going… is Hell!

: You were meant to lead to people in the right direction, but, instead, you want nothing but to subjugate them to sate your greed…!
: Yours is a black, impure soul! And one who cannot appreciate the essence of life is not fit to tread upon that land!
: You care for none other than yourself. The arrogance… Pigs like you could never walk the path of a conqueror!
: A bunch of weird action figures are lecturing me on how the world works? Give me a break!
: But it’s a good thing you’re here! I look forward to nabbing that “Yùxǐ” of yours and figuring out how its powers work too!
: Every single being who calls this universe home is entitled to happiness!
: It is an evil man who would deprive them of that right purely for his personal gain! And, by the will of the heavens, we shall have you answer for all of it!

: Hazard Pasha… Here is where your evil ambitions come to an end!
: All you care about is yourself – the lives of others mean nothing to you. But now we’ll rid the universe of your presence!
: Hmhmhm, how quaint. Didn’t you kill a bunch of innocent lives yourselves? You’re doing it right now with the bugs. And it was all in line with your own rules, so who are you to say anything to me?
: We did, and we’ll carry the weight of all the possibilities we’ve erased forever…
: But we won’t lose any sleep over wiping out your possibilities and your greed, Hazard!

: Give it up, Hazard Pasha! How can you not see that your greed will kill our future?!
: Do you actually believe your ambitions are so important to justify all the people you’re sacrificing?! Are you that sick?!
: I’m sure a world where no one has to get hurt exists somewhere out there…
: But everything you do serves only to spread sorrow!
: Spare me the platitudes! It’s human nature to be greedy! If you ask me, selfless people are missing something essential to them!
: And you’ll have plenty of time to watch from the afterlife! You’ll get a bird’s eye view as I create a beautiful future – for me!

: The Vajra’s raw power is all mine! And I already had tons of influence to boot…!
: It’s just a little bit more until the world is mine for the taking! You’re the only obstacles left!
: We’ve been watching your arrogant rear end parading around for a long while, but now it’s finally time for you to get what you deserve!
: Get over here, ya crook! I’m about to smash your bullcrap dreams of world domination into a billion pieces!

: Gehehehe, how about this, kid? Your machine’s the best there is when it comes to killing Festum.
: Come work for me, and I’ll give you an even better paradise than that island!
: I don’t want or need anything of the sort! Our island’s all the paradise I need!
: Tatsumiya, where Soushi, Toumi, and all my friends are, is where I’m meant to be!

: To claim and control everything! It's because I cling to that wish that I've clawed my way back from every fall!
: And, finally, success is so close, I can taste it!
: Now that’s a cliché goal if I’ve ever heard one. Men’s Pipe Dreams Monthly is chock full of those.
: I guess while some folks take a look at the environment they’ve to survive in and see adversity, others see it differently…
: But living just to satisfy your own desires is how you become a villain.
: I wouldn't dream of preaching about living a righteous life, but...
: Whatever happens, there’re always people trying to live honestly… and pooh-poohing the power of those people is something you should never do!

: Enslaving the Vajra, turning them into weapons to help your agenda… Are you just that heartless?!
: What I did was make these brainless beasts useful!
: Give me a bit and I’ll have you dimwits under my leash as well!
: Not in a million years! Both us and the Vajra are more than capable of deciding what to do for ourselves!
: That’s what life is all about!

: My great intellect now has a massive force to match it… I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and it’s bright! We’re entering the age of Hazard, King of Earth!
: Do you think an oversized doll like you could actually stop my plans?!
: … This isn’t about whether or not I can stop you. Intellect, power… neither of those things are meant to be used to turn people into tools.
: You may believe that from way up your high horse, but it only makes your plans sound even stupider!

: It’s always one dirty trick after another with you! Is that all you think about?!
: Blah, these bugs won’t stop buzzing around me!
: Still, I owe that mech a bit of gratitude! It was because of it that I found the clue I needed to pry open my road to glory!
: I don’t need gratitude from someone who shows such disregard for everyone and everything around him!
: All you do is to fulfill your delusions… and now I’ll tear them all to ribbons!

: The Army of Mankind, the Vajra… the universe is mine for the taking with all that power under my control! The future is called Hazard Pasha!
: Everything your greed touches gets hurt, and, worse, you don’t even care…
: We’ll wipe out every trace of the future you’re trying to create!

: It might be that your evil was fruit of living so far away from your home planet, but that’s not enough to make me sympathize with you…!
: In your greed, you twist the will of everyone around you and turn them into pawns! That’s unacceptable!
: Shut your trap, kid! What do you think you understand of me and my past, huh? You’re just a spoiled brat who’s been coasting through life under daddy-o’s wing!
: But that childish mentality of yours’ll still make for good kindling for my dream!

: Heheheh, look at you, boy. Controlling that robot and making it fight on your command…
: Why, it’s like looking in a mirror!
: You’re wrong! Heroman has a heart of his own and a life that only wants to protect people!
: And that also applies to that Vajra you’re enslaving! We’re taking him down together, Heroman!
: Hmmm!

: Hazard, I’m no saint myself, but even I could never let you off the hook after everything you’ve done!
: I’ve acquired all the power I could ever need! And once you and your machines are gone, I’ll just be a stone’s throw away from realizing my dream!
: Too bad for you, the only thing you’re a stone’s throw away from is total defeat!
: This is it, Hazard… the battle that started that day on Mars is coming to an end now!

: Our arrival on Mars brought disaster to that planet, causing hardship for so many people…
: We share in the responsibility of spreading your evil influence and spurring on your ambition, and I, Romina Ladorio, will personally bring it all to a close!
: That’s rich, but no sheltered little princess is going to stop me!
: When you play with fire, you get burned – it’s time for you to learn that!

: So many of my friends were hurt by you… I cannot even begin to tell how sad that made me.
: But I learned that you can’t fight out of anger and hate… So, rather, I’ll fight to stop you from spreading any more hate across the universe than you’ve already have!
: I’ve no idea what you’re babbling about, but if you’ll be a problem, then you’ll die along with them! See how you like getting blown to smithereens!

: The UX, The Boom Army… you just can’t go five minutes without switching sides, can you, Ylbora?
: That said, I still have plenty of use for you. You’ll be working for me now, little bat-man!
: Silence, fiend!
: I’d never submit to a man who so easily sacrifices others for his self-protection, who’s such a blind slave to his greed…! Swift and utter death is all you’ll get from me!

: I reckon it’s also time to put things to bed with you! We’ll see who comes out top here!
: I admit I didn’t expect you to escape that cage and come take a swing at me. Still, tigers and lions might bear down on me, they’ll wind up dead just the same!
: You don’t seem to get what a mess you’re in! You mess with a tiger, you get bitten – and I’m about to rip apart both your face and this annoying little relationship of ours!

And he drops another Hazard’s Favorite Athlete’s Foot Medicine… Wait a minute, no, this isn’t anywhere good enough.
I AM NOT DONE WITH YOU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qG0reY5d8k
You have been a royal pain in the rear end for the entire game, and you will answer for all of it!

This is about ten times more satisfying than bending Miwa over my knee in MX.

: I think this is good enough.
: Should we proceed as planned, then…?
: Yes. Have the ship to retreat for a bit!
: Roger that!

: Hazard’s—!
: The hell is he up to?!

: All enemy forces have been routed!
: That’s what you get, The Boom Army!
: Okay… All them pests are gone. What now, Ylbora?
: Hah, that should be obvious.

*Ylbora repositions.*

: Heheh, I guess we gotta!

*Joe goes after him.*

: N-Now wait just a minute, Joe!
: You guys’re still gonna fight?!
: Nah, that ain’t what this is…
: Then, why…?!
: We’re just putting things to order…
: We ain’t gonna be able to either fight together or hate each other the way we are right now…
: I see that you have realized the power that dwells within the Tobikage and Zerokage… or, rather, within us, Joe!
: Yeah! Let’s do this, Ylbora!

: That light…!
: Is that the power mentioned in the Ninja Legend?!
: But it’s…
: Yes, it’s the same! That is the light we saw when we were brought to this world!
: (Indeed, this world and Mirisha are…!)

: The Boom Army…!
: Hmhmhm… I have been waiting for this moment!
: Annex!
: That is most certainly the grand power of legend!
: And it’ll belong to me, Annex The Boom!

: Aaaah!
: Mwahahaha! You’ll rue the day you underestimated The Boom Army!
: This is the might of Emperor Annex! Prostrate yourselves before him!
: Rgh… Those sons of…!
: Go, Hazard. Seize the Tobikage and Zerokage!
: Did you really think it’d be that easy?
: Excuse me…?

: The Vajra…?!
: Hmhmhm, get them!

*The Vajra go after Annex and Charme’s ships!*

: Gaaah!
: H-Hazard… have you lost your mind?!
: BWAAHAHAHAHA! Looks like I’m a cut above you as well, “Your Majesty”!
: Y-You’re…?!
: Yes, I am… the Ninja Legend, the Fold Quartz and The Boom Army’ll all be mine!
: It’ll be Hazard Pasha who rises to rule the entire universe!

: D-drat you straight to hell!
: GWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!

: Kch… Ylbora!
: Hm, I know! We’ll crush them with our power…!

: Now, Dog!
: Yes, sir!

: Grrgh!
: Wh-What was that?!
: The Zerokage isn’t obeying…!

: Wh-What’re you doing, bro?!
: I-I’m not! This ain’t me!
: Stop, Tobikage! What happened to you?!
: O-Oh, no…!
: Oh, yes! That’s my Implant Munitions for you!
: And I’ll be making some wonderful sacrificial pawns out of you, just like the Vajra!
: H-How can you—

: Uwaaaargh!
: T-Tobikage! Stop!

: Gaaaaaaaaah!
: JOOOOE…!

: Y-Your Highness…!
: R-Rrgh… Haaaargh!

: Wh-Whaaat?!
: The Elshank…?!
: The Zerokage heeds me again…!
: Princess… What was that?!
: I-I don’t know what happened either…
: I was just desperate to save you both and that wish overcame me…!
: You did? … I have it! This is the truth behind the grand power of legend!
: Wh-What did you say?!
: Our powers are the same. The same in nature, yet diametrically opposed…!
: That is to say, they can only cancel each other out when they come into contact… However!
: All it needs is a will as the core. Do that, and that power’ll fall in line, magnifying into infinity!
: Magnifying Willpower…!
: Th-The infinite power of legend…?!
: S-Screw that Ninja Legend! Fire, Dog! FIIIREE!

: That attack won’t work on us anymore!
: I-It can’t be…!
: I reckon even you can see all the power we’ve got now!

: Wh-What’s going on…?!
: Joe, Ylbora and Romina… That is the grand power born of their three wills!
: Ooh… I am certain of it: that is the light of legend!
: I’ve figured it out…!
: The power written about in the G-Records is… the Ninja Legend is…!
: Every single person hides possibilities capable of changing fate itself within!
: And as those possibilities are brought together, their strength turns to a boundless light!
: Do you know what it is, Hazard?! That is what people call…
: LIFE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcGHognrJ7U
Captions are available for DIIIIEEEEE!

: GYAAAAAAAARGH!!

*BLAAAAAAST!*

: Uwaaaaaaaah!
: I-I’ve finally seen the truth…!
: Aah, I am a fool! This universe is…!
: Sire?!
: The problem wasn’t with our star charts, but with the fact that this isn’t the universe we knew!
: The Ninja Legend had never happened!
: No… The Ninja Legend are events unfolding now!
: Gwaaaaaaaaargh!

*(The) BOOOOOOM!*

: A-All hostiles confirmed destroyed…
: Rgh…!
: Y-Ylbora…?!
: Ylbora…!

:siren: SRW UX - Separation

: You heard the Vajra’s pain…?
: Hm. I kept hearing their voice as my consciousness was fading away. And, so, I thought…
: “I want to help them”…
: By the time I realized, I was back inside the Mark Nicht and my human form was restored.
: Your core had been destroyed, but it still managed to come back… amazing.
: Can I ask to fight together with you?
: Kurusu…
: I want to pass on to the Vajra what I learned from you guys…
: What it means to live, and the joy of having been born…
: We hear you.
: Kurusu, there’s something I’d always hoped to tell you in case we saw each other again.
: Thank you. It’s only thanks to you that I’m here right now.
: Soushi…
: I’m glad that you feel that way.
: And, once this battle is over, I hope we can all go and see that blue sky again.
: Yeah, that’s a promise. We’ll see Tatsumiya’s sky together…

: U-Urk… I’m…
: Careful, you are still quite wounded. Please, sir, get some more rest.
: Gameran…?! I see… This is the Elshank.
: What of The Boom Army…?
: Annex and all his servants are gone from the face of the universe…
: The legendary power we and Joe unleashed destroyed them…
: …!
: … I am glad to hear that. Their deaths mean the end of my struggle as well.
: Cmdr. Ylbora, what you were after was to uncover the truth behind the Ninja Legend, was it not?
: Because you believed it would enable you to defeat The Boom Army and save Princess Romina…
: The Boom Army was far too mighty…
: If I was to have any hope of facing them, then I would need the power of the Ninja Legend on my side…
: Ylbora…
: Regardless, no excuses will change the fact that I turned my sword upon Her Highness…
: Sir Ylbora…
: Hm. Indeed, your actions are not something that could ever be forgiven.
: However, if even a shred of your pride as a warrior remains…
: Then, you should spend the remainder of your life atoning for your crimes – as part of the UX.
: It’s way too early for you to curl up and die. You gotta live and keep on fighting.
: Let us hear you answer, Ylbora.
: You have my sincerest gratitude for your benevolent words, Your Highness…
: I, Ylbora Saro, hereby swear once more to dedicate my life to your service…
: (What did I say? You still had a place to call home.)
: Cmdr. Ylbora, we owe you our gratitude as well…
: It was through your life-threatening assault that we, at long last, have uncovered the underlying truth of this world…
: The truth of this world…?
: Planet Ladorio… is the Earth from the future.
: C-Come again?!
: And that’s not the end of it – the same can be said for Mirisha…
: W-Wait just a minute! Do you mean…!
: That Earth, Mirisha and Planet Ladorio were all the same planet?!
: Yeah…
: And we’ve the sinking feeling that the Vajra homeworld—

*Door opens!*

: Alto! Everyone! Sheryl… Sheryl’s…!
: Ranka?!
: Calm down, Ranka. What happened?
: It’s Sheryl… she’s gone! We can’t find her anywhere on the ship…!

Chalk up another secret down – we get Ylbora and the Zerokage. You can set him back in the Elshank if you’d like, but he and his bot are certainly a good fit anywhere melee-oriented, especially if you’d rather deploy Joe by himself rather than have him plug into a Ladorian machine.
Of course, if you didn’t do his secret, the ending of the mission changes after Ylbora explains why he’d turned traitor:

: Ylbora…
: Y-Your Highness… I am truly sorry… What I’ve done is…
: Argh…!
: You’re in no condition to talk right now. You can tell us later…
: What is it…?
: Joe… I entrust Her Highness… to your care…

*Dies.*

: S-Sir Ylbora?! Stay with us!
: Sir Ylbora…!
: Kch… Uwaaaaaaah! Sir Ylboraaaaaaa!
: Tsk, “entrust her to my care”…
: He always had to have the last word…
: (Your actions were not something that could ever be forgiven.)
: (However, you fought by lonesome in a bid to catch sight of our future… And I have taken that devotion onto myself.)
: (Come, Ylbora. Together, we shall be the Elshank’s wings as it soars above fate…)

And, from here, the rest is the same. Finally, here are a couple of convos we missed:

: Karen… your crimes run deep. Not only did you let yourself be tainted by love and betrayed The Boom Army…
: But you have also forsaken your loyalty for the Emperor! Only with your life can you find redemption!
: Lady Benikage, I have learned what it means to live freely.
: That’s why I chose to fight alongside Damian, just as you’ve pledged your life for the Emperor!

--
: You’re so loyal to your cause that you’d get in bed with the people you were supposed to beat… That much is as clear as day to me.
: In which case, I trust you understand that my will shall not be swayed!
: Hm, I guess so. We better have at it, then!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 21, 2018

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

gently caress yeah
Getting to blow Hazard to tiny bits is just pure joy after a bunch of lukewarm finales about UNDERSTANDING.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
IT'S OVER

IT'S FINALLY OVER

HE'S

loving

DEAD

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

BREAK OUT THE AIRHORNS BOYS WE'RE PARTYING ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE SURFACE

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Well, killing Hazard isn't really complete until we rub the other Fed psycho's faces in it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Anyone find it weird how Annex (and the entire ZA BOOM army) was just Infinity Gauntlet'd away

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Nothing in Tobikage can match finally killing Hazard, better to just wrap things up there.

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Onmi posted:

Haman connected with Judau, again, unintentionally, on the simple fact that he had similar wavelengths to Char, and in the end she killed herself, probably scarring HIM for life.

Nah, he's fine. According to some side-mangas for Crossbone and Victory, he's still around and well in those eras, even fighting with a horribly beat up ZZ. Shame we never got the Gump with its peg leg in any form in V or X really.

Anyway, next stage! Hazard death montage, one time for each time he screwed with us, was exactly what I was hoping for. :D But minus points for not humiliating him with a D-lister. Or the Deceive - when I saw that on the list of things you were bringing I thought for sure you were going to have it kill him so his last moments could be spent screaming under its mental illusions.

I liked the little interaction between Hallelujah and the SKL duo near the start too. Kurusu coming back here was a cool moment for me. I actually thought he was fairly decent - didn't really notice his low attack power, but in any event his big perk is that he just doesn't die. Fairly dodgy and tanky. Then again on the other hand, the same can be said about Kazuki too.

Alas, all good things must come to an end. Frontier finale next.

SirSystemError fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 18, 2018

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense

MightyPretenders posted:

Well, killing Hazard isn't really complete until we rub the other Fed psycho's faces in it.

"Well, Ladies and Gentlemen: Mr. Hazard Pasha finally kicked the bucket; after a carefully examination of his disgusting, but totally unexpected last gamble, a triple game in which he tricked both Earth Federation command (that means YOU) and the Boom Army in order to get for himself absolute power, and considering also all the heinous acts of betrayal and conspiration that he committed through his career, we have only a question: when you decided to forgot all his crimes and put him in the control of Earth armed forces, did you wanted to be betrayed, or it's simply the fact all of you have the I. Q. of carbonated water?"

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ah, finally! Finally that rear end in a top hat is dead! Great finale for his worthless life, Brunom. He deserved worse but you can only do so much.

Also knowing why Ylbora did what he did does not make me like him more. He's still awful.

Outside Tobikage, Misao sure rejoins here for far less morally dubious reasons than he does in Exodus. No assimilating a child this time!

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 18, 2018

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
: "A bunch of weird action figures are lecturing me on how the world works? Give me a break!"

A. That's hilarious.

B. Insulting Cao Cao and Lu Bu that way is about as good a plan for surviving the next hour as playing Russian Roulette until you "win."

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

RIP Hazard Pasha, he died as he lived: The hero of mankind, bravely defeating the invading forces of Emperor Annex with equal parts guts and guile.

I am amused that you call Hazard a motherfucker in italics but Aoi still says "poopoo", it's a little bit silly. :v:

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Brunom1 posted:

: Hmhmhm, how quaint. Didn’t you kill a bunch of innocent lives yourselves? You’re doing it right now with the bugs. And it was all in line with your own rules, so who are you to say anything to me?
: We did, and we’ll carry the weight of all the possibilities we’ve erased forever…
: But we won’t lose any sleep over wiping out your possibilities and your greed, Hazard!

Thank gently caress Arnie isn't having any of that guilt-tripping bullshit from the swine.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

GimmickMan posted:

I am amused that you call Hazard a motherfucker in italics but Aoi still says "poopoo", it's a little bit silly. :v:

I am not bound by the limitations of PG-13! I exist beyond such trifling concepts! Y'AI'NG'NGAH YOG-SOTHOTH H'EE-L'GEB F'AI THRODOG UAAAH!

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Brunom1 posted:

I am not bound by the limitations of PG-13! I exist beyond such trifling concepts! Y'AI'NG'NGAH YOG-SOTHOTH H'EE-L'GEB F'AI THRODOG UAAAH!

I think Hazard finally broke Brunom, guys.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

GimmickMan posted:

While I've usually seen it spelled as 'pooh-pooh' it's basically just a fancy way of snorting derisively.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

thetruegentleman posted:

I think Hazard finally broke Brunom, guys.

I interpret it as Brunom realizing that he may have to do another SRW that has Nadesico at some point. Like, not the next one, just at any point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
He could do V, where Izumi's approx five lines come pre-mangled into English.