Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

DarkstarIV posted:

Going to laugh when the only good matches on the card will be the NXT Women's Title match and the MYC finals.

Those will be given 10 minutes a piece and will be made rote I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

SunshineDanceParty posted:

You guys are such downers.

Yeah no, its easy to be down on this card considering Vince's (and Kevin's) idea of a good champion is someone who can barely do the basics in the ring and the only thing going for them is their looks.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah no, its easy to be down on this card considering Vince's (and Kevin's) idea of a good champion is someone who can barely do the basics in the ring and the only thing going for them is their looks.

No I get that I'm not saying you're wrong.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 19, 2018

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

rovert posted:

This could change but the runtime of the main Summerslam show is 3hrs 37mins.

Ziggler/Rollins will open the show.

The last third of the show looks to be in this order Bryan vs Miz, Balor vs. Corbin, Elias, Ronda vs. Alexa, and closing the show is Brock vs. Roman

The actual goddamn WWE title match with the company’s best wrestler and the company’s best heel promo doesn’t even make it to the last hour worth of matches.

Jesus.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

You guys are such downers.
Honestly its why I'm probably not even going to watch Summerslam, I mean why bother if everywhere I'm going to react to it is going to be negative for the sake negative?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I have zero faith in the Evolution card being any good outside of a select few matches. Charlotte is likely going to get a match against someone like Beth Phoenix or Lita. Asuka possibly someone like Brie, etc.

Meanwhile the only good matches on the card will be Io Shirai vs Toni Storm, and Kairi Sane vs ??? (Probably Shayna or Bianca).

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

fart blood posted:

Oh god it's worse than we thought. :gonk:

Perhaps I'll support SHIMMER and Stardom instead!

SHIMMER doesn't have Dana Warrior promos.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

All of the shows will be great.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

Honestly its why I'm probably not even going to watch Summerslam, I mean why bother if everywhere I'm going to react to it is going to be negative for the sake negative?

i can't speak for anyone else, but i react negatively to things that i think suck, and positively to things i like

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bloodysabbath posted:

The actual goddamn WWE title match with the company’s best wrestler and the company’s best heel promo doesn’t even make it to the last hour worth of matches.

Jesus.

Been saying for a while they're lowkey giving Styles the Punk title run

Still 0 PPVs as champ he's main evented that have had both brands on it, not even the one he got to face Brock on. Punk might get the W in that category though, Punk at least had a main event with Dwayne, but Dwayne has better things to do than a SD opponent if he ever comes back for #OneMoreMatch

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

yea ok posted:

i can't speak for anyone else, but i react negatively to things that i think suck, and positively to things i like

Hell, same

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Hey rovert, is it true most of the top guys in NXT are only pulling in around 65k in salary a year or has that changed?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

DarkstarIV posted:

Yup. This all hinges on Brock actually beating Cormier though, and I don't think that's happening. Brock is going to get loving destroyed.

Yup. Dad bod Cormier is going to beat the everliving tar out of deflated off the gas Brock.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Le Saboteur posted:

Hey rovert, is it true most of the top guys in NXT are only pulling in around 65k in salary a year or has that changed?

I honestly don't know. I never really ask about it. The only time it was mentioned to me recently was that Keith Lee and Deonna were well looked after. Like they are on a new higher rate of pay. I assume Riddle is too.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

rovert posted:

I honestly don't know. I never really ask about it. The only time it was mentioned to me recently was that Keith Lee and Deonna were well looked after. Like they are on a new higher rate of pay. I assume Riddle is too.

Yeah I was just reading about NXT salaries the other day and it just seemed like it would pretty hard to pull in most top indie talents these days with just a 65k salary.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

D.N. Nation posted:

Wait, I read that again, holy smokes is Balor/Corbin gonna be the biggest piss break ever.

Finn agrees with you, by the way.

https://twitter.com/ConnorJA_/status/1030783730934341632

Someone pointed out in the other thread that they've done, counting house shows, 20 other matches together in the last 3 months. :psyduck:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

No I get that I'm not saying you're wrong.

You can be right and still kinda be a prick.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Most recent lines per 5Dimes but plans can change etc etc etc

B-Team
Almas+Vega
Cedric
Miz
Finn
Nakamura
Braun
Bludgeon Bros
Styles
Ronda
Reigns really close
Seth really close
Carmella really close

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The real winners will be the friends we make along the way.

The real losers will be....well, it'll still be us.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Carmella gonna pin Becky clean in the middle of the ring to give her legitimacy and I, for one, can't wait.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Liquid Communism posted:

Yup. Dad bod Cormier is going to beat the everliving tar out of deflated off the gas Brock.

DC should give Brock a chance and try to finish him with pro-wrestling. Like, knock him out in the 4th round with a shoot Gotch-style piledriver after stuffing a takedown attempt.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Shoot back rake.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

What happened to Brock winning?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

fart blood posted:

DDT's joshi promotion is entertaining as well.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just a PSA, but it seems like in terms of Evolution matches, the main roster is going to get completely blown to pieces compared to the NXT Women's Title match (Probably Kairi vs ??? [Shayna or Bianca probably]), and Mae Young Classic Finals (Io Shirai vs Toni Storm). While the main roster will have...Nikki Bella vs Ronda Rousey, and Trish Stratus vs Alexa Bliss.

Hell, War Games is likely going to be better for the women as well. Because we'll likely either get Kairi vs Io or Kairi vs Toni at War Games.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean. Kairi, Io and Toni are better than anyone on the main roster anyway so that’s inevitable no matter what they do for matchups.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol if you think that Vince won’t neuter the gently caress out of the NXT women’s title match or the MYC finals the same way he did the cruiserweight final at Wrestlemania. He gives zero gently caress and will absolutely turn something good to poo poo if he’s worried it’ll get over more than the thing he wants over.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Double lol if you think Vince is showing up to the women’s PPV.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah I doubt Vince will neuter the potentially good matches probably because he'll have no loving clue about any of the women in it. And like Aphrodite said, he may not even show up since its a Women's PPV, so it'll likely be spearheaded by Triple H and Stephanie.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Double lol if you think Vince is showing up to the women’s PPV.

He didn't show up to Extreme Rules either. Didn't change the Hogan meeting (which Dave even confirmed HHH specifically called) or the Carmella/Asuka shark cage match

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The shark cage match was exactly what it should have been except for the ending though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol if you think that Vince won’t neuter the gently caress out of the NXT women’s title match or the MYC finals the same way he did the cruiserweight final at Wrestlemania.

Got another sweet example of this tonight btw. Cedric and Gulak were moving like someone had turned the dial down to 60% speed.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

VJeff posted:

Got another sweet example of this tonight btw. Cedric and Gulak were moving like someone had turned the dial down to 60% speed.

Every cruiserweight ppv match sucks in comparison to the matches on 205. Was the last good one like, Aries and Neville at Wrestlemania?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Accident Underwater posted:

Every cruiserweight ppv match sucks in comparison to the matches on 205. Was the last good one like, Aries and Neville at Wrestlemania?

I feel like Neville and Tozawa had a good one? But it absolutely paled to their 205 rubber match, so.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Accident Underwater posted:

And one of those guys found a way to get himself fired/released and the other is trapped in “you owe us dates and we crossed a threshold of investment in you so we actually care about you going elsewhere” purgatory because he wanted out of cruiserweight purgatory.

I wonder what sort of money Neville is owed that he refuses to give up that prevents them from just cutting him that check and saying “best of luck, future endeavors, etc.” or if they are trying to ratfuck him on his release by trying to block him working for any company with a TV deal or something and he refuses because he knows ROH/NJPW/World of Sport/Impact/indies like MLW all would offer him dates and good quotes within like an hour of the announcement going live.

This should be a hint of the end point for most 205 guys.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Cameo posted:

And one of those guys found a way to get himself fired/released and the other is trapped in “you owe us dates and we crossed a threshold of investment in you so we actually care about you going elsewhere” purgatory because he wanted out of cruiserweight purgatory.

I wonder what sort of money Neville is owed that he refuses to give up that prevents them from just cutting him that check and saying “best of luck, future endeavors, etc.” or if they are trying to ratfuck him on his release by trying to block him working for any company with a TV deal or something and he refuses because he knows ROH/NJPW/World of Sport/Impact/indies like MLW all would offer him dates and good quotes within like an hour of the announcement going live.

yeah theres a reason wwe isn't cutting anyone that could get used by any promotion that could gain traction right now. they are more than happy to just freeze out neville than let him wrestle anywhere else.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Cameo posted:

trying to block him working for any company with a TV deal or something

I mean this is the purpose of NXT so why would 205 Live be different.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

STONE COLD 64 posted:

yeah theres a reason wwe isn't cutting anyone that could get used by any promotion that could gain traction right now. they are more than happy to just freeze out neville than let him wrestle anywhere else.

It’s a nice validation of his talent that WWE utterly refuses to release him on any terms, but it’s also a tremendously hosed up thing that has, stacked with countless other things, basically erased my interest in the company.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I mean this is the purpose of NXT so why would 205 Live be different.

Considering Gran Metalik had the obvious warning sign of Mistico’s excursion into the company as a warning sign, he doesn’t really have anyone to blame but himself for his current situation. As well as everyone else, who just had to look at the fact that the last time a WWF non-heavyweight division was of any import, the title was in New Japan.

I wonder how many of those guys look at Zack and Ibushi and regret the choice they made.

Man, remember when they let Liger work the opening match of a TakeOver just because Liger wanted to say he had worked a match in WWE at least once, just to complete his bucket list? That NXT is so far gone now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Cameo posted:

He deleted the tweet but Cedric called Neville a quitter so I'm pretty sure this lesson is lost on the 205 guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

fart blood posted:

Stardom is starting to look like a feeder league, I would recommend Sendai GIrls. Someone mentioned Tokyo Joshi Pro, I have heard positive things.

SHIMMER, joshi promotion of choice and Beyond/WWR and you're in pretty good shape.