Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Googly eyes....?

If you stand in a few random places in Kugane the summer event sunglasses reflect a lantern in a way that looks like some googly eyes. I wouldn't go so far as to describe it as an easter egg though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
And here I was looking for those slinky eyeball glasses things in that photo, I see it now.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Marauder tanking is so much fun, ha. Bit seat of the pants though - I guess they're intended to be a lot squishier than gladiators? Going to assume it's not because I suddenly ran into a bunch of poor healers.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Marauders take more damage but have more health and will eventually have ways of healing a fair bit.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
By default they do not take any more damage than other tanks. Rather Paladin and Dark knight have damage reduction while in tank stance, meanwhile Warrior's tank stance increases max HP as well as healing received.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Honestly, since it's unlocked, I'd just run O5S to get accessories and save your Mendacity for bigger purchases. i370 without needing a token to upgrade, you might get lucky with drops, and if you don't it's only four clears per item. Sneak into a halfway-decent clear/farm party on Tuesday and you can probably get two items an hour. :eng101:

I think I only need pants, but I have lighthouse pants. The tomestone right side is BIS for MNK... which is really holding me back and preventing me from breaking the 3500 dps barrier.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What?! Who is that mysterious ninja?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Safeword posted:

Marauder tanking is so much fun, ha. Bit seat of the pants though - I guess they're intended to be a lot squishier than gladiators? Going to assume it's not because I suddenly ran into a bunch of poor healers.

Max-level warriors have the same effective HP that paladins and dark knights do, they just get there by a different route math-wise.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Curious Gorge tells you not to comment on his name when you meet him implying that Curious George, and therefore and more importantly The Man with The Yellow Hat, must exist within Eorzea. In this essay I will discuss the implication and ramifications therein.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Curious Gorge tells you not to comment on his name when you meet him implying that Curious George, and therefore and more importantly The Man with The Yellow Hat, must exist within Eorzea. In this essay I will discuss the implication and ramifications therein.
You can make a Man in the Yellow Hat glamour, or pretty close.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The Man in the yellow hat is a legendary paladin in eorzea

RME
Feb 20, 2012

the man in the yellow hat is clearly the unreleased beastmaster class

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Completely offtopic: Who did you give a blowjob to in order to get that single-piece long AV uploaded to the server?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Completely offtopic: Who did you give a blowjob to in order to get that single-piece long AV uploaded to the server?

It's still two pictures. They're just both in the title space so there's no line break.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Man I was worried about the endgame but it's really hitting the spot for me right now. I'm moderately twitchy about the fact that I'm gonna be locked out of finishing the MSQ for a bit (that tsukuyomi ilvl requirement :( ) but that just means I have more incentive to actually play the dang game and after unlocking+running deltascape 1-3 last night I'm just feeling a whole lot better about the gear treadmill.

Also I finally got around to installing ACT and it feels real good to see those on-rotation BLM numbers :smug:

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
The tsukuyomi ilvl requirement is nothing. Uncapped tome gear is 330, capped tome gear is 360. There's farmable 330 left side in Rabanastre and farmable 350 everything in Sigmascape normal.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

ChickenWing posted:

Also I finally got around to installing ACT and it feels real good to see those on-rotation BLM numbers :smug:

Goooood, yesssss. Welcome to the dark side.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
For some reason just hearing about how lovely pagos is makes me want to play this less.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Rainuwastaken posted:

Goooood, yesssss. Welcome to the dark side.

I did a 4xflare-foul last night and needed to change my pants

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
226/230 Triple Triad cards. :toot:

Now I just need Tidus, Lightning, and... two cards from Pagos. Ugh.

Rhymenoserous posted:

For some reason just hearing about how lovely pagos is makes me want to play this less.

I wish I could level up faster, but I've been just going and doing a few NMs, Challenge Log, and a few chains now and then. I'm at 27 so far, which is slower than my Anemos progress, but it doesn't feel TOO bad.

Granted, by the time I hit cap at this rate, 4.4 will probably be out. Which sucks and means I probably need to do weekend chains.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Rhymenoserous posted:

Just don't do Eureka

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’m glad my friends and I got back into this game after stopping just before the finale of the original story. If I’m at the snowcloak dungeon now, how far off is Heveansward content ?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I’m glad my friends and I got back into this game after stopping just before the finale of the original story. If I’m at the snowcloak dungeon now, how far off is Heveansward content ?

You have 3 more story trials and 1 more dungeon after Snowcloak, I believe.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

You're over the hump for sure but there's still a little ways to go yet. Soon you'll fight Shiva and even after that there will be another dungeon and another two trials to do before you reach ARR's final finale.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

You're through roughly 80% of the bridge content between 2.0 and 3.0. Immediately after Snowcloak is an 8-man trial. Cutscenes and plot separate that and a second 8-man trial, then one final 4-man dungeon, then the third and last 8-man trial, one big set of cutscenes to set up 3.0, and then you're good to go. You'll know you're done with Realm Reborn stuff when the credits play again - it's all HW after that.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That’s good to know! So so far whenever I play I’m mainly concerned witch just getting through the main story content. Is there anything else that I could be doing right now that I should take a look at?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

That’s good to know! So so far whenever I play I’m mainly concerned witch just getting through the main story content. Is there anything else that I could be doing right now that I should take a look at?

A lot of people would say to just skip'em but I think a lot of the optional content at 50 is really worth doing. The dungeons are neat, the 24 man raids are pretty fun (though the first level 50 one is a bear to unlock), and the Coils of Bahamut have some kick rear end story that's worth getting friends to unsync with you.

For the most part though yeah, just push your MSQ if you're looking to advance and level up realfast.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2018/The_Rising/ Next Rising event! Love the minion.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Garbage event. Not even anything to climb in Ul'dah.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Rainuwastaken posted:

A lot of people would say to just skip'em but I think a lot of the optional content at 50 is really worth doing. The dungeons are neat, the 24 man raids are pretty fun (though the first level 50 one is a bear to unlock), and the Coils of Bahamut have some kick rear end story that's worth getting friends to unsync with you.

For the most part though yeah, just push your MSQ if you're looking to advance and level up realfast.

Seconding coils of bahamut. It's "optional" but very much part of the main story. You also get to spend quality time with Alisae, who gets a more prominent role later on.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Will the minion animation be to lick her lips while staring intently at a namazu?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Thundarr posted:

Will the minion animation be to lick her lips while staring intently at a namazu?

We can only hope

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Mol?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Philonius posted:

Seconding coils of bahamut. It's "optional" but very much part of the main story. You also get to spend quality time with Alisae, who gets a more prominent role later on.

Ah, I need to do this. I didn't realize there were significant optional questlines like that. Is it difficult, or it something I can just do with random duty finder groups?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mol!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Ytlaya posted:

Ah, I need to do this. I didn't realize there were significant optional questlines like that. Is it difficult, or it something I can just do with random duty finder groups?

They're usually WT weekly things. People in PBC/DGKK/TPT will do an unsync with you if you ask.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ytlaya posted:

Now that Raid Roulette is a thing you'll be able to get in there a lot easier than you would prior. Some of the stages can be nasty though. If we were closer to the latest patch's release I'd suggest you unsync it with goons, but that might be an issue this far out. I'd say watch videos at the very least.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

Unsynched most fights are completely trivial. Duty finder syncs you to 50 though, and I don't fancy your chances doing coil at level 50 with randos. Get friends, or make a party finder group. If you advertise you're new, you'll have an easy time getting people who want to snatch up an easy 100 poetics.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ytlaya posted:

It's pretty simple to get a PF group to run any of the coils trials unsynched other than T3, which is kind of a joke to just solo as long as you outlevel it. The only other sticking point is T9 (second coil turn 4) which has just enough mechanics that you can't automatically steamroll it if the entire party is clueless pubbies with mediocre dps.

Just advertise free poetics in PF for helping you with coils, but mention that you want to watch the cutscenes. Some of the in-instance scenes get kind of long so it'd be polite to let people know before they join.

Do not attempt to join them via DF unless you're cool with waiting 90 minutes per instance and then probably failing because you are 1) synched and 2) everybody else in the party knows just as little about the fight as you. If you want the synched experience I recommend building a party for that purpose rather than relying on randos. A lot of those fights are still pretty cool and worth doing that way if you get the chance, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Arist posted:

Now that Raid Roulette is a thing you'll be able to get in there a lot easier than you would prior.
Coils are not in Raid Roulette.