Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Wiz please do me a favor and hire Chris Foss to create a new ships DLC. Just let him go apeshit with themes. The Jodorowsky Dune movie, Alien ships, whatever the hell he wants.

I will buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Lynneth posted:

I just want some critters that look properly like they're mandatory aquatic instead of at best 'maybe amphibious' with some of the reptilians.

Seriously, it's a mild travesty that a game with a bog-standard Human portrait type and the option to start as Literally Us, on Earth and has both Syncretic Evolution as well as the Uplift doesn't have recognizable dog portraits.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SniperWoreConverse posted:

You should be able to build a biodome district that has perfect habitability for any pop at the cost of slightly shittier stats than regular cities. This would be a tech directly before habitats like some kinda "protomegaengineering"

It'd be really hard to make it work with the ui I think and probably wouldn't make sense seeing artificial worlds are gonna work different now.
E: unless each biodome district just increased the whole planet's habitability and if you built enough it could become a slapped together gaia world

It would be cool if habitats got deposits based on whatever they orbited, like gas giants could give hydrocarbons and radiation belts or something
With how abstract the current habitability system is you could argue that everyone with 20% is living in a dome and that's why they're so pissy all the time. It doesn't look likely that we're going to get multiple biome planets but if we were I'd like a building network that turns an amount of biome A into biome B. If it sticks with the current model a building that raises the base habitability of the planet to 60% for species from a particular planet class could work. In either case the cost would be the opportunity cost of not building something else in that slot.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Stellaris tweeted that there's an announcement at "afternoon CET" and it's "not what you think" so I am very curious.

King of Solomon posted:

So I was in the middle of annihilating a fallen empire yesterday when the game just forced a status quo on me (which I guess is tied to war exhaustion?), so I can't do anything to that civ for a decade. This is bullshit. Is the Accurate War Exhaustion mod something I should look into to prevent this nonsense in the future?

I don't even know how I got war exhaustion that high, the vast majority of the war was just sitting around waiting for the extremely slow army transports to get to the war so I could unblock FTL.

Is this your first ever war? Against...a fallen empire?? That seems bizzare to me.
With fallen empires (xenophobe ones especially) they tend to have planetary shields on their planets so you have to invade them without bombarding it being able to do much until that shield is destroyed.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Wiz please do me a favor and hire Chris Foss to create a new ships DLC. Just let him go apeshit with themes. The Jodorowsky Dune movie, Alien ships, whatever the hell he wants.

I will buy it.

I will buy it.

Also do whatever you can and get Alexis Kennedy to do a whole story pack please.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Taear posted:

Stellaris tweeted that there's an announcement at "afternoon CET" and it's "not what you think" so I am very curious.

Oh nice they're finally announcing the anime babe race DLC.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

turn off the TV posted:

Oh nice they're finally announcing the anime babe race DLC.

I usually buy cosmetic packs deeply discounted, but not this time.

Also, where's my blorg dakimakura, wiz??

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
It's going to be sodding space unicorns, isn't.

Although if it's space unicrons, I'll be happy.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

In the twitter thread for it they said it wasn't DLC related.

I just hope it isn't something incredibly boring about modding.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I bet it's going to be an action/RPG spinoff with a Blorg protagonist.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

Epicurius posted:

I bet it's going to be an action/RPG spinoff with a Blorg protagonist.

I'd buy Blorg Effect.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Blorg Horizon, the Dead Space style 3rd person horror game.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Okay, I definitely didn't expect a console version of Stellaris. How the hell is the UI going to work?

https://twitter.com/StellarisGame/status/1031526499361476608

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Okay Paradox, it's a little late for April Fools.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Staltran posted:

Okay, I definitely didn't expect a console version of Stellaris. How the hell is the UI going to work?

I mean, almost everything in stellaris could be boiled down to logical, not so much locational, points.

So your stick moves you along the hyperlanes and between PoIs in system, and the rest is menus.

I wouldn't ever call it good but it's eminently doable, it needn't be worse than a JRPG and obviously you can pause it so time isn't an issue.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Well, that's a reason to get rid of tiles.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Eh, I can see it. Feels like the late game slowdown would feel even worse in a console game though, unless the patch(es) will make a dramatic improvement.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Staltran posted:

Also mods.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

what next, starcraft on the nintendo 64??

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Interesting. I can see it work just fine honestly. It does seem like a game that suffers massively from not having access to mods, but I guess lots of console folks have fun playing XCOM as well.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

a lot of people dont use mods. i dont think it massively detracts. modders usually make.. weird gameplay decisions

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
woooo, console videogame. I'm glad this will help Stellaris continue to poo poo money, but I was hoping for something more revolutionary, like an all-woman* version of their YouTuber War series.

* partly because feminism, and partly to persuade my wife that space mapgames aren't just a weird bloke thing.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
New announcement?! Oh boy I wonder what it i....oh.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Staltran posted:

It's a completely separate version with a full console port made by an external studio.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Oh thank god it's not coming to Switch. I might literally die if the game where that accessible.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
So is this going to be Civilization: Revolution where it's basically the same concept but streamlined down to its component parts?

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
No, it's full-fat Stellaris at its core. The fat is different in places.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Wiz posted:

It's a completely separate version with a full console port made by an external studio.

Is this going to be an orange box thing where the game is released and is just separate from the pc version forever, or will the two versions be as similar as possible even years down the line?

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

LordMune posted:

No, it's full-fat Stellaris at its core. The fat is different in places.

Incredibly chubby ships that only have XL mounts?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Yandat posted:

a lot of people dont use mods. i dont think it massively detracts. modders usually make.. weird gameplay decisions

Yea, I've never used any mods at all.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Taear posted:

Yea, I've never used any mods at all.

Try New Horizons, which is practically a different game you can have for free.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Oh man I can only imagine how the paradoxplaza folks are taking this :allears:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Aethernet posted:

woooo, console videogame. I'm glad this will help Stellaris continue to poo poo money, but I was hoping for something more revolutionary, like an all-woman* version of their YouTuber War series.

* partly because feminism, and partly to persuade my wife that space mapgames aren't just a weird bloke thing.

that would be amazing, honestly

cKnoor
Nov 2, 2000

I built this thumb out of two nails, a broken bottle and some razorwire.
Slippery Tilde

Aethernet posted:

Help me find the women and we'll make it happen. We do not have enough women influencers as it is.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Aethernet posted:

Incredibly chubby ships that only have XL mounts?
Wiz please

ConfusedUs posted:

Oh thank god it's not coming to Switch. I might literally die if the game where that accessible.
Your friends can use the little mini screen thing to be sector governors or manually control your fleets in fights.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

cKnoor posted:

Help me find the women and we'll make it happen. We do not have enough women influencers as it is.

What tier of gamer are you looking for? Most of the top female gamers are in the £1,000,000+ bracket, which I assume you're not going to be able to pay. Happy to do some searching to find mid-tier players with an interest in strategy or RTS.

cKnoor
Nov 2, 2000

Slippery Tilde

Aethernet posted:

What tier of gamer are you looking for? Most of the top female gamers are in the £1,000,000+ bracket, which I assume you're not going to be able to pay. Happy to do some searching to find mid-tier players with an interest in strategy or RTS.

There are no influencers in that cost brackets for games. But I want essentially everything from mid-tier and down, games played is more important than views though.

Edit: So essentially, if they pull 500+ views per video or 150+ live viewers they are interesting.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

KatherineOfSky does a youtube channel where she plays Factorio with an excruciating level of detail, so I would guess she might enjoy Stellaris.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

KatherineOfSky does a youtube channel where she plays Factorio with an excruciating level of detail, so I would guess she might enjoy Stellaris.

As a geek who loves both, that sounds plausible. Will do some post work googling and put results here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cKnoor
Nov 2, 2000

Slippery Tilde

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah, she's on my list, she's good

Aethernet posted:

As a geek who loves both, that sounds plausible. Will do some post work googling and put results here.

Great, thanks