Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Wheat Loaf posted:

Wasn't there one time Bendis wrote Luke as being capable of surviving a nuclear blast?

He wrote Luke as being close enough to the blast to take fatal radiation, and being too drat stubborn to collapse and die until he got to rendezvous with the other heroes and pass on some needed information. Which I can just about buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
New experience for the day: someone on youtube hated my Spider-Geddon book so much they tore it into pieces on mic

Other responses have been pretty good though, and I signed a bunch of books at the local store!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

New experience for the day: someone on youtube hated my Spider-Geddon book so much they tore it into pieces on mic

That probably means you're doing something right.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I really liked it!

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Still got the sale.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I loved it! However, I think today was a bad day to also get the Marvel Legends Spider-Punk action figure

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Other responses have been pretty good though, and I signed a bunch of books at the local store!

When Captain Anarchy's first name got mentioned I was like, please, please, please let this turn out to be who I think it's going to turn out to be, and I was right. Thanks for giving a moment in the sun to one of my favorite under- and misused Gruenwald creations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I liked it, but that first Spider Punk issue set an impossibly high bar.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Didn’t they say that’s why ock was dying prior to superior spider-man?

Edit: missed an entire page. Re:Luke Cage CTE

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

radlum posted:

I loved it! However, I think today was a bad day to also get the Marvel Legends Spider-Punk action figure

omnibobb posted:

I really liked it!

Thanks guys!

Archyduke posted:

When Captain Anarchy's first name got mentioned I was like, please, please, please let this turn out to be who I think it's going to turn out to be, and I was right. Thanks for giving a moment in the sun to one of my favorite under- and misused Gruenwald creations.

I mean, of course Captain Anarchy is going to be this universe's Flag Smasher.

Open Marriage Night posted:

I liked it, but that first Spider Punk issue set an impossibly high bar.

Yeah, that's fair. That one came together really well.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The Luke Cage thing could be interesting but I feel like it needed a build up instead of coming immediately on the heels of the two indications we've ever seen. It would have been a much more effective revelation in a second or third arc where it could be teased out. As it is, the notion has potential but it's such a clumsy and forced plot beat that it just doesn't work well.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Should have used it with Iron man to explain Civil War.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thor is still Thor, and the issue title is pretty great and Thori is a good dog. :3:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

To balance that out, I shared two different pages to Facebook because I loved it so much.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Just got around to reading the Cable Deadpool Annual and David Walker writes a really good Deadpool. His three page long monologue about the difference between films and comics as a visual storytelling medium was quite enjoyable. His Cable was a bit too jokey for me but that's fine in the context of this story I guess.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Remember when black panther had brain damage for like 4 years and he met his brain damaged wacky future self? That was pretty good.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/DarcelTribune/status/1031542275871059968

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Lucky they switching to full name credits with two unrelated Ewings around.

edit: Or not. What is the convention? Just checking around, the last Thor and Infinity Wars still just have last names, while Fantastic Four, Captain America, Doctor Strange, Immortal Hulk use full.
Avengers uses last names, but credits six creatives in a line above the title, so that's probably for space.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 20, 2018

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

FINALLY. I'm really psyched about this, Ewing is an amazing writer and I can't wait to see how she takes to the medium.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

That Tweet uses "Giggity Giggity."
Wasn't that what Quagmire from Family Guy used to say? Did it stop being a sex thing?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

The Question IRL posted:

Look at all these people talking about long runs and no one talks about Aaron on Thor.

I was talking to my brother about this on the weekend. Arguably, Aaron's run was inspired by Alan Moore talking smack about modern comics.

I will be curious to see how Aaron Thor is remembered 5-10 years after it finally finishes. The weird asides like Future Thor and the various Young Thor moments have been great, but we are now at 5+ years for resolving a War of Realms that Aaron is clearly saving for his finale when I'd almost rather he just wrapped it and chased all these other dope ideas that he clearly wants to.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Question IRL posted:

That Tweet uses "Giggity Giggity."
Wasn't that what Quagmire from Family Guy used to say? Did it stop being a sex thing?

It should probably not be used anymore.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

God the cover art and costume design is atrocious

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sinners Sandwich posted:

God the cover art and costume design is atrocious

Even Carrion has more meat on his bones.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Seeing this classic

in the funny panels thread made me think, now that they brought Regular Wolverine back, how long before Sabretooth does another heel turn?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I guess Wolverine is getting a new, dumb costume.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/08/20/wolverine-new-costume-black-suit-declan-shalvey-marvel/

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Its not really dumb just....kind of boring. Some vague hussar coat thing.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Why is he blue?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Wolverine looks like a Young Adult Novel movie adaptation character there.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

frodnonnag posted:

Why is he blue?

After his death he became a wendigo and has to war human flesh to absorb humanity as his own fades away.

How die you think the X-Men get dedoubled?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The costume kinda makes him look like he's in Magneto's crew.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Wolverine, did you put tiny claws on your belt buckle?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

frodnonnag posted:

Why is he blue?

colloidal silver

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

frodnonnag posted:

Why is he blue?

everyone is sad now and again

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

'Black' costume. Maybe it is to fit in on Magnito's team.
Wonder what the emblem on his left shoulder is.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's pac-man eating pellets

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

'Black' costume. Maybe it is to fit in on Magnito's team.
Wonder what the emblem on his left shoulder is.

Why do people keep saying Magneto's Team? X-Men Black isn't a team. It's a series of one shots about villains of which the first issue is about Magneto.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Cause who can remember that!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

X-O posted:

Why do people keep saying Magneto's Team? X-Men Black isn't a team. It's a series of one shots about villains of which the first issue is about Magneto.

I have no idea what's going on with the teams or Magneto. I just thought the costume design was reminiscent of Magneto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I mean at this point does Wolverine need a costume? Doesn’t looks like he’s hiding his face (actually did he ever had a secret identity? Or has he always just dressed up but everyone knows he’s Logan?) and assuming he’s been alive since the end of Secret Wars unless he’s joining a team I imagine he can skip the formalities.