Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

*casually blows on burning hand towel*

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I can't believe Jay Cutler lit Joey Bosa on fire and just watched him die

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Docjowles posted:

I can't believe Jay Cutler lit Joey Bosa on fire and just watched him die

I hope it was like the cigarette scene in Demolition Man

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.

And then they die, terribly, like Joey Bosa.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I can't believe it's been an entire year since Bosa passed away. It seems like it was only yesterday that we all watched Rivers desperately trying to stop the bleeding.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's gonna be so weird on September 9th when Joey Bosa bursts out of the underworld wearing the chains of mephistopheles and uses them to hogtie Mahomes and drag him to the plains of torment.

He will be assessed a 15 yard penalty.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

It's gonna be so weird on September 9th when Joey Bosa bursts out of the underworld wearing the chains of mephistopheles and uses them to hogtie Mahomes and drag him to the plains of torment.

I wonder if he will be ejected, too? Knowing the NFL he will just get a slap on the wrist two weeks later.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

Might as well be wearing skirts.... smh...

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I wonder if he will be ejected, too? Knowing the NFL he will just get a slap on the wrist two weeks later.

I hope they dont slap him too hard, be might tear his undead achilles taking a step back in recoil

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I fully support the Bosa Family lawsuit against the Chargers for wrongful death and the fact the Chargers are trying to recuperate Bosa's pay this year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bosa died, Ross lied

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Does anyone subscribe to the Athletic? Seems like they've been hiring some good writers lately and I was wondering if it was worth signing up for.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Does anyone subscribe to the Athletic? Seems like they've been hiring some good writers lately and I was wondering if it was worth signing up for.

OTOH they hired joe person from the Charlotte observer, ergo they’re trash

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

OTOH they hired joe person from the Charlotte observer, ergo they’re trash

Weird, they hired one of the best Bucs writers, Greg Auman.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Did they offer Omar Kelly a job? This is important

A Man and his Hog
Jun 26, 2018

by R. Guyovich
Bosa going to have a great WWF career

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
They hired Kawakami to run the Bay Area section, which is fantastic because he’s so busy he hardly writes any more.

Very recommended if you’re in the Bay. Matt Barrows and David Lombardi do the 49ers coverage, and they’re both great. The staffing and coverage for the Warriors and Athletics is also excellent

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the only panther beat writer worth a poo poo is jordan rodrigue, but all the fans hate her because cam got in trouble for basically telling her to get in the kitchen.

A Man and his Hog
Jun 26, 2018

by R. Guyovich
Losing that yogurt sponsorship a crushing defeat.

Cam deserved it though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A Man and his Hog posted:

Cam deserved it though.

They always deserve it, don't they?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
All of these people on TV and podcasts are going on and on about Tyrod and how they can't figure out how to pronounce his name. It's just a switch of which syllable gets emphasis, one is TIE-rod and in the other the "Ty" naturally becomes a "Tuh" sound when you put the emphasis on the second syllable: tuh-ROD. But they're all like "TUHHHHH-rod" then laughing at it. I guess they aren't used to unique names, no one has to question how to pronounce Will or Mike or John or Bill which is like 80% of these fuckers' names

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

FizFashizzle posted:

They always deserve it, don't they?

what does this mean?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Play posted:

All of these people on TV and podcasts are going on and on about Tyrod and how they can't figure out how to pronounce his name. It's just a switch of which syllable gets emphasis, one is TIE-rod and in the other the "Ty" naturally becomes a "Tuh" sound when you put the emphasis on the second syllable: tuh-ROD. But they're all like "TUHHHHH-rod" then laughing at it. I guess they aren't used to unique names, no one has to question how to pronounce Will or Mike or John or Bill which is like 80% of these fuckers' names

this is why it's confusing lol

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1029761938497134593

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/jadande/status/1031512489132007427

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

wandler20 posted:

It's ok. If you do sign up and still have a working college e-mail address floating around it is like half the price, which is the only reason I did it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I still don't buy it.

https://twitter.com/by_JBH/status/1031587763244552192

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Maybe best not to question Vegas, but at those odds Oakland feels like an unusually good bet.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bosa being held out for the Mack trade

Play
Apr 25, 2006

It's just two different ways to pronounce the same name, with the stress on different syllables. Unfamiliar to people who have names where the pronunciation is well-established (white people), but it's not quite as baffling as people are making it out to be

I absolutely buy that Oakland isn't going to reach a new deal with Mack before the season starts. No idea what the end result of that will be but all indications point towards a deal not really being in sight. I think they're gonna test how far he's willing to take the holdout and they'll only trade him if they receive a truly amazing offer, which given the quality of player we're talking about would have to be huge

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i more meant it's understandable that people are confused, given the fact the person that named him agrees with the pronunciation that's followed him his entire football career

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Kept hearing people mention Riveron and him speaking about NFL Rules and officiating. I always thought they were referring to Carolina Head Coach Ron 'Riverboat Ron' Rivera.

Made it extremely awkward trying to figure out how and why everyone was deferring to him regarding officiating.

It's two different people!

NFL VP of Officiating Al Riveron is not Carolina Panthers Head Coach Ron 'Riverboat Ron' Rivera.

Just in case anyone else was confused.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Hizawk posted:

Kept hearing people mention Riveron and him speaking about NFL Rules and officiating. I always thought they were referring to Carolina Head Coach Ron 'Riverboat Ron' Rivera.

Made it extremely awkward trying to figure out how and why everyone was deferring to him regarding officiating.

It's two different people!

NFL VP of Officiating Al Riveron is not Carolina Panthers Head Coach Ron 'Riverboat Ron' Rivera.

Just in case anyone else was confused.

lmao

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

Play posted:

It's just two different ways to pronounce the same name, with the stress on different syllables. Unfamiliar to people who have names where the pronunciation is well-established (white people), but it's not quite as baffling as people are making it out to be

I get what you're going for here, but anyone who covers sports has said plenty of names much less common then either pronunciation of Tyrod.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1031610624730693632

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

I get what you're going for here, but anyone who covers sports has said plenty of names much less common then either pronunciation of Tyrod.

It's their utter bafflement that a name could have different pronunciations that gets me, not the fact that Tyrod is or isn't a weird name. Also the willful mispronunciation of the new one as TUHHHH-rod with a big UHHHHH thrown in there. TYrod or tyROD, it's very close to the same thing but from the way they talk about it you'd think it's the weirdest thing they've ever heard that you can pronounce it two different ways

Weren't they saying a few days ago that they absolutely weren't looking for a veteran RB to bring in? lol

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Play posted:

Weren't they saying a few days ago that they absolutely weren't looking for a veteran RB to bring in? lol

That may have been before they lost multiple RB's within the span of like a week.

Not sure how much they'll get out of the desiccated husk of AP but it should be fun finding out.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Play posted:

They said that when Guice got hurt. Then two other RBs got hurt.

A Man and his Hog
Jun 26, 2018

by R. Guyovich
I’ll take AP. I mean why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

A Man and his Hog posted:

I’ll take AP. I mean why not.

You don't have his consent.

• Locked thread