Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Do you get to start NG+ with _____the blades_____?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

GreatGreen posted:

Do you get to start NG+ with _____the blades_____?

Yes

Also any difficulty regardless of previous ones

I’m just browsing the subreddit rn before I dive in

I’ll just copy/paste this for the new page

quote:

You can now press R3 to compare between armour sets and then simply press square on a different armour piece to transfer all the enchantments.

Also you can exchange XP for hacksilver now. Sell resources in the shop

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Aug 20, 2018

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I wanna know how hard GMGOW is on NG+ before locking in my save.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Is there any DLC planned for this or are they saving everything for the sequel? I'm kinda surprised at how much they blew their load on this game if it's a whole trilogy... they touched on a LOT of stuff already, way more than they did in the first game with Greek mythology.

About to go into Jötunheim, still gotta paste some Valkyries first.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Pretty sure no DLC is a confirmed thing but ya never know

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I was sure there was gonna be some DLC announcement by now but if anything is planned then SMS has been super tight-lipped about it. Looking like this one is pretty much in the books and they're going headfirst into GoW 2(5).

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Do you keep your progress on Ravens and other collectables?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

God of War 2(6) technically I think?

Isn't Ascension technically GoW4? lmao

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

esperterra posted:

God of War 2(6) technically I think?

Isn't Ascension technically GoW4? lmao

Nope, it's in the same boat as the PSP stuff.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Fuzz posted:

Nope, it's in the same boat as the PSP stuff.

Oh weird, idk why I thought it was a sequel and not another prequel lmao

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Spalec posted:

Do you keep your progress on Ravens and other collectables?

Wondering this too. It's like the only thing I still need to plat the game but it's annoying to figure out where they all are. The guides aren't very helpful either because I just teleport all over the place and it's pretty hard to follow a guide that way.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

You do not keep your progress on collectibles, no.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Hmmm ok. Thanks for the info. Then I wonder what would be better, starting over with new stuff or run around the world looking for stuff I've missed. Now that I typed it, starting over sounds better. I'll miss all the cool things in the Dwarven shops though.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
So am I supposed to do something to get my level and stuff back in new game plus? I keep dying in one hit by literally the first enemy in the game

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
You should start with all your gear and weapons at whatever level your save was.

Give Me God of War NG+ is hard enough that I am going back to my Hard playthrough to max out my armor and finish the Valkyries because not only am I dying in 2 hits to everything, the enemies also have some new attacks and patterns that are fukken brutal

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Fuzz posted:

Is there any DLC planned for this or are they saving everything for the sequel? I'm kinda surprised at how much they blew their load on this game if it's a whole trilogy... they touched on a LOT of stuff already, way more than they did in the first game with Greek mythology.

About to go into Jötunheim, still gotta paste some Valkyries first.

My guess is that they're going right into a new trilogy with GoW2(5) involving Thor/Odin capturing kidnapping Boy and then 3 is just a pure revenge grind.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
How do they handle the potentially sequence breaking stuff in NG+ like Hel Wind and Hel Bramble?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

You just can’t interact with it before the relevant plot point, even if you do have the equipment.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I’m slightly disappointed there isn’t a trophy for NG+.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

^burtle posted:

My guess is that they're going right into a new trilogy with GoW2(5) involving Thor/Odin capturing kidnapping Boy and then 3 is just a pure revenge grind.

I get the feeling the final game we might actually be playing AS Boy, because Kratos is already dead or something.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Fuzz posted:

I get the feeling the final game we might actually be playing AS Boy, because Kratos is already dead or something.

Based on the kid being Loki and how that positions him in what we know about mythology versus whatever tweaks they are going to make, I can't see us necessarily playing as the kid unless they want to fire up a third trilogy. Kratos has died too many times to just peacefully accept that he just got murdered by Odin while his kid is in danger. Very worst case he murders Odin and then dies at the end of the new trilogy knowing his son is safe and able to take care of himself.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

My theory: in GoW 2 you play as raiden, the Japanese god of thunder, and kratos advises you over codec

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Boy realizes Kratos is actually the bad guy in the series and kills him.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ainsley McTree posted:

My theory: in GoW 2 you play as raiden, the Japanese god of thunder, and kratos advises you over codec

Assisted by a strangely familiar looking man named Iro Plisskopoulos

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Romes128 posted:

Whoa this is actually super cool

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Isn't that foreshadowed on the mural at the end anyway though?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Romes128 posted:

As bad as I think this would be lmao it would be very fitting for the cycle of Kratos' lovely life to go from killing his father to being killed by his son lmao. Whether it's with a justifiable reason or some misunderstanding/trick.

I hope they don't do that tho and feel like they probably won't. Def a possibilty tho.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

esperterra posted:

As bad as I think this would be lmao it would be very fitting for the cycle of Kratos' lovely life to go from killing his father to being killed by his son lmao. Whether it's with a justifiable reason or some misunderstanding/trick.

I hope they don't do that tho and feel like they probably won't. Def a possibilty tho.

I mean there’s certainly enough “why would a son ever kill his father??” Conversation in the game to foreshadow it. But of course that all could have been in the game to make kratos feel like an rear end in a top hat for his past.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ainsley McTree posted:

I mean there’s certainly enough “why would a son ever kill his father??” Conversation in the game to foreshadow it. But of course that all could have been in the game to make kratos feel like an rear end in a top hat for his past.

Yeah, it's something that could easily be set-up going forward or just a reflection of the games before it.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I mean Kratos basically destroyed a realm in fighting the pantheon. Boy doesn’t know the full extent of what Kratos has done in the past.

I could see him trying to stop Kratos if he starts going down that path again with the Greek gods if he finds out.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It would be kinda depressing if the overall arc of the series is that Kratos's attempt to be a better man fails and he gets destroyed by it so I hope they go another way.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

haveblue posted:

It would be kinda depressing if the overall arc of the series is that Kratos's attempt to be a better man fails and he gets destroyed by it so I hope they go another way.

:yeah:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

haveblue posted:

I agree, personally, but on the other hand you can’t say kratos wouldn’t have it coming, he gets a lot of innocent people killed in the original games and afaik doesn’t really have much of a reckoning for it (besides dying, I guess, but he does that often enough that it can’t be a big deal at this point)

But ultimately i don’t think they’re going to do it because they seem to be teasing that the game will visit other mythologies at some point, and why change the main character to do that now?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ainsley McTree posted:

I agree, personally, but on the other hand you can’t say kratos wouldn’t have it coming, he gets a lot of innocent people killed in the original games and afaik doesn’t really have much of a reckoning for it (besides dying, I guess, but he does that often enough that it can’t be a big deal at this point)

But ultimately i don’t think they’re going to do it because they seem to be teasing that the game will visit other mythologies at some point, and why change the main character to do that now?

Yeah, I could easily see it ending with Kratos going off to another pantheon to move on once he realizes BOI is going to be good and fine, or if it ends tragically. As much as I like Atreus I want to see the kind of character he grows up to be before I decide if I'm cool moving on in the series as him rather than Kratos lol.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If there were a non contrived reason for you to play as Atreus fighting and killing Kratos but where both are fighting to the best of their ability, I’ve no doubt it would be the best boss fight in the history of video games

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Probably. However, God of War wouldn’t be God of War if you’re not playing as Kratos.

Also, Red Dead Redemption pretty much scarred me for life against the idea of swapping out the main character for somebody else at the 11th hour, so I hope they don’t do it here.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

GreatGreen posted:

Probably. However, God of War wouldn’t be God of War if you’re not playing as Kratos.

Also, Red Dead Redemption pretty much scarred me for life against the idea of swapping out the main character for somebody else at the 11th hour, so I hope they don’t do it here.

If they intend to make more games in other mythologies, I can't imagine they'd make Atreus the main character. The whole gimmick is that Kratos is a made-up interloper in these pantheons, it'd be weird if they made Loki, a real (well you know what I mean) god the main character.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Ainsley McTree posted:

You have to admit that if the series were to suddenly tackle say, Egyptian mythology, Boy's ability to rapidly understand language would be pretty handy.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Dienes posted:

You have to admit that if the series were to suddenly tackle say, Egyptian mythology, Boy's ability to rapidly understand language would be pretty handy.

I dunno, but I wanna see Kratos flip a pyramid, now. Onto Anubis' dumb dog FACE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Anyone playing NG+? I'm back up to Elftown on GMGOW and it feels great to remember what an awesome game this is! Having all your skills and abilities unlocked from the very start makes a huge difference.