Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
So, basically everything i just said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

JTR core is JTR/R2/bb8
Zfinn core is Finn/Poe/RT/RP

The floaters are scav, holdo, rose, with scav and holdo being best paired with JTR and that kinda just leaves rose, I guess with zfinn.

But also... tons of poo poo works with JTR that isn't resistance.

For TW O, Holdo is better paired with zFinn because she has an aoe daze, which fixes so many problems that comp has.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
What the standard ImpTroop team? Veerz, Stark, DT, Sand? When do I sub in Snow and Magma?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
range trooper is the new hotness for IT, but not farmable yet. DT is useful on other teams as well, so you could do both snow and magma with the others. AFAIK snow is better for pvp and magma is situationally better for raids

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

For TW O, Holdo is better paired with zFinn because she has an aoe daze, which fixes so many problems that comp has.

Right, that is a specific scenario

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Burning_Monk posted:

What the standard ImpTroop team? Veerz, Stark, DT, Sand? When do I sub in Snow and Magma?

Veers, Starck, DT, Shore, Range, I think

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Snow is extremely good but not everyone wants to get the whiteboy to g11, and Range looks super slick

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Range is still not F2P so he's out for me. But thanks for the tips. I've got DT to 6* but he's a focus of mine so hopefully it will go quickly to 7.

Thinking of going for FOX after DT, already have a decent FO team with a zeta on Kylo. Should I zeta Matt (aka KRU)? Seems like it's almost necessary to get them at all raid ready. Or skip and focus on another team's zeta?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crumbletron posted:

Snow is extremely good but not everyone wants to get the whiteboy to g11, and Range looks super slick

Magma loving owns too, it's just he's also real real bad at everything but killing sion.

Burning_Monk posted:

Range is still not F2P so he's out for me. But thanks for the tips. I've got DT to 6* but he's a focus of mine so hopefully it will go quickly to 7.

Thinking of going for FOX after DT, already have a decent FO team with a zeta on Kylo. Should I zeta Matt (aka KRU)? Seems like it's almost necessary to get them at all raid ready. Or skip and focus on another team's zeta?

go with storm for your 5th until range is F2P. 2 tanks is quite good and storm is a very easy gear.

There isn't any raid where the zFO team is important.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 20, 2018

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Burning_Monk posted:

Imp troops are very mix and match - more than most factions, there very much isn’t The Squad - they have a diverse set of tools and you put together the ones you need for the job. Thrawn + both tanks for defense or protecting a win condition like DT or DN, Magma for killing Sion, Snow for murdering Paper Zombie repeatedly, Shore for healing away plague, etc etc etc.

All of the troopers are good, so which ones you gear up First is all about where and how you want to use them and what you want to accomplish.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Snowtrooper is like 75% of the offense of my Trooper team. He hits for such absurd damage on his AOE and basic it seems wrong to remove him. I'd probably remove all tanks and rely on speed only b/c Veers Starck Snow DT RangeT would probably kill on offense.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is Hoth Trooper worth it? I've been tossing stuff at him every so often because they're always needed for the Hoth rebel stuff.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Hoth Scout and Hoth Trooper are really only useful for light side territory battles, so go for it if you have some extra energy but dont have it as a priority at all

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

SgtMongoose posted:

Snowtrooper is like 75% of the offense of my Trooper team. He hits for such absurd damage on his AOE and basic it seems wrong to remove him. I'd probably remove all tanks and rely on speed only b/c Veers Starck Snow DT RangeT would probably kill on offense.

I tend not to like him because he just triggers mass counters.

twistedmentat posted:

Is Hoth Trooper worth it? I've been tossing stuff at him every so often because they're always needed for the Hoth rebel stuff.

G7-8 and however many stars you need for TB.

He's not good in any other capacity I'm aware of.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

twistedmentat posted:

Do you mean the rebel Hoth Scout or Soldier? Or do you mean Imperial Trooper Snowtrooper?

If the former, the last two posts are correct. But given you posted right after some people talking about Snowtrooper in particular and Imperial Troopers In general, if you mean the latter... Snowtrooper owns. He brings a ton of damage and turn meter to Imp. Trooper teams in any environment where you can reliably pick off weak enemies with AoE while slowly softening up a bigger target?

Put another way, you’ll win every fight with Nightsisters using a weak zombie in literally under 30 seconds.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I love how versatile Troopers can be, with a Thrawn, Palp, or Veers lead and how Veers' zeta isn't on his leader box, but his unique so he can support troopers with other leads. Veers and Starck are good bros and I usually run Veers(L), Starck, Storm, Snow, Magma in an all Trooper set-up. DT is more powerful, but I save him for something with Krennic.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
What is a good team for the PVE ship battles?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

What is a good team for the PVE ship battles?

bugs or biggs/vader/silencer

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
I'm beginning to suspect ship pve was just an excuse to have more hard mode farms

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

I'm beginning to suspect ship pve was just an excuse to have more hard mode farms

:hmmyes:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

WerrWaaa posted:

:capitalism:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
saved crystals to get the last 25 shards for the 36str item, waited 4 days now, so ~16 loving shop refreshes without seeing it. Its the last thing I need to get my sion to g11. goddamnit RNG

only good part is I've finished half his g11 items from guild currency while waiting

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

saved crystals to get the last 25 shards for the 36str item, waited 4 days now, so ~16 loving shop refreshes without seeing it. Its the last thing I need to get my sion to g11. goddamnit RNG

only good part is I've finished half his g11 items from guild currency while waiting

Sion g11 was a pain in the rear end. I remember being more annoyed by that than g12, for some reason, though that might have just been my expectations for how long it should take.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I just 7*'d BB8 with these chumps and some decent but not anywhere near arena mods, for folks wondering what it takes at a later date.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Finally done with the vet farm, fuuck that

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Finally done with the vet farm, fuuck that

gratz fam

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Any theories when we will see Rey's journey again? Late Septemeber?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

WerrWaaa posted:

Any theories when we will see Rey's journey again? Late Septemeber?

It'll end just before I finish Vet Bros.

I have them both at 6 stars, with Han 51/100, so plan accordingly.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm at 26/100 for Han. I'm also 49/50 do dads to max out Vaders gear.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Mod energy is in the game, and you can buy cheap refreshes now if you want to store up energy to spend when it goes live. No Rey announcement in the calendar which makes me sad.

In other news, Resistence poster promises fun future characters and ships!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The downside is they're not dark side ships so you know they won't change the meta in any way

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was thinking about that when watching the trailer.

There is a FO Red Tie Pilot so that could be released. I bet it has an all red or all white TIE.

My current goal is to complete JTR, CLS and Thrawn, and this is my collection
https://swgoh.gg/u/twistedmentat/collection/

who should I be focusing on? I've been working on Phoenix for the most part as i'm furthest along in that. I got Thrawn to 5* and he's pretty useful in my Arena team, which is Palps, Vader, Nihilus, Tarkin and Thrawn.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

My current goal is to complete JTR, CLS and Thrawn, and this is my collection
https://swgoh.gg/u/twistedmentat/collection/

who should I be focusing on? I've been working on Phoenix for the most part as i'm furthest along in that. I got Thrawn to 5* and he's pretty useful in my Arena team, which is Palps, Vader, Nihilus, Tarkin and Thrawn.

for thrawn this is about what I did it with, I think Ive improved ezra a bit since then

it did take me a few tries and good mods so if you want it to be a bit easier aim for slightly better gear, Ezra is useful in jedi teams, with kanan as a budget jedi tank, so Id focus on those two for extra gear if you do that

For CLS I'd get your Leia and old ben up. You might be able to do it as is with how geared your luke/r2/storm han are but leia and old ben are more useful in other teams than luke and storm han. Definitely dont put anything more into farm luke he's garbage. Old Ben has to do an event stage where he lasts a few rounds against darth vader solo, it isnt super hard but you might want him g9 to be safe

Scav Rey and bb8 are good to get to g12 as they're useful in a bunch of teams, so just gear them up as much as you can and the rjt event will be a breeze. Finn probably g9 or g10, vet han and chewie can be g8 as long as the others are decently geared, from what I understand

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
What’s the farm time look like for JTR if you have none of the characters needed yet? I just got enough of a First Order team going to get 25 shards of BB8 and will probably have to wait till his event rolls around again.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

for thrawn this is about what I did it with, I think Ive improved ezra a bit since then

it did take me a few tries and good mods so if you want it to be a bit easier aim for slightly better gear, Ezra is useful in jedi teams, with kanan as a budget jedi tank, so Id focus on those two for extra gear if you do that

For CLS I'd get your Leia and old ben up. You might be able to do it as is with how geared your luke/r2/storm han are but leia and old ben are more useful in other teams than luke and storm han. Definitely dont put anything more into farm luke he's garbage. Old Ben has to do an event stage where he lasts a few rounds against darth vader solo, it isnt super hard but you might want him g9 to be safe

Scav Rey and bb8 are good to get to g12 as they're useful in a bunch of teams, so just gear them up as much as you can and the rjt event will be a breeze. Finn probably g9 or g10, vet han and chewie can be g8 as long as the others are decently geared, from what I understand

Awesome. I'll buff up Ezra a bit more along with chop and Zeb. I've been wondering if its worth putting effort into Leia and Ben, so i'll get on that too. And yea I got to a point working on Farmboy Luke that I realized that is as good as he's going to get.

Getting Vet Han and Chewie shards is a sisyphian task.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

1st AD posted:

What’s the farm time look like for JTR if you have none of the characters needed yet? I just got enough of a First Order team going to get 25 shards of BB8 and will probably have to wait till his event rolls around again.

Months, you need Veteran Han and Veteran Chewbacca for literally one match in the event at 7* and they are only farmable on a 16 energy cantina node. It's one of the dumbest grinds in this game right now.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

1st AD posted:

Finn and Rey are going to take about a month or so each, depending on your luck in the guild store. The Vetbros will take you three months for the two of them. To get First Order you're looking at probably another few months on top of that.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
drat, the new mod management screen is super nice

1st AD posted:

Scav Rey can go pretty fast if you do both hard nodes and use guild currency. Finn only has one hard node, but also shows up in guild store. You can use cantina energy on him but that should be going to veteran han/chewie, which are the worst grinds of the group. Vets are 2-3 months each from 1* to 7* without any cantina energy refreshes or direct store shard purchases, down to a month with three cantina refreshes a day. If you need to farm any FO people with cantina (like kru or FO executioner) tack that time on too.

With no crystals spent and assuming one full FO cantina farm before you start vets I'd say 7+ months. If you can do 3 cantina refreshes a day, maybe 3 months, assuming you can finish Scav Rey and finn alongside FO for bb8, while farming the vets.

Adjust slightly downward for any progress you already have in FO/vets(like having them 3* from events)

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Aug 30, 2018

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

The new mod system is confusing me. It keeps recommending what seems to be objectively worse mods. Like this:

Why would it suggest that change, to a 1 dot mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Recommendations are broke

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/180266/known-issues-8-29-2018
You would think a fuckup that major would delay release but guess not!