Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I'm "Double Happiness".

Haifisch posted:

Next strip: "Oh no, what if Colleen Wing suspects that I'm Spiderman?!"

You just know that Colleen is gonna tell Danny what Peter said, and Danny'll say "But I didn't tell him my identity, I told Spider-Man. That must mean...he was hiding on the roof when we were talking!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Good job on the (seemingly) actual Chinese characters.

Bad job on the perspective with whatever the hell is going on behind the van.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

You just know that Colleen is gonna tell Danny what Peter said, and Danny'll say "But I didn't tell him my identity, I told Spider-Man. That must mean...he was hiding on the roof when we were talking!"

Peter: Oh thank goodness, I was sure you had figured out that I am in fact Spider-Man!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so wing's dojo is likely as not iron fist's base of operations. everyone there knows this, which is why claw's people went there and grabbed wing in the first place. given that they were looking for iron fist, it's pretty reasonable to look in the one place they know he might be found.

i'm really, really looking forward to all of these people being completely shocked when iron fist shows up after they take their prisoners back to his crib.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
peter you were there when they said they were going to set fire to hte dojo with you and wing inside it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
peter will of course be shocked to discover that water is wet

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

peter will of course be shocked to discover that fire is hot

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Professey (Curt Connors) can indeed confirm that fire is hot...
And that Lizard serum Meth is great.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the wigged out swamp folk meth head version of connors was considerably smarter and more careful than any other version of connors until the end of the arc. i don't see how going off to smoke meth with bruce banner could have any possible good outcome. florida likely no longer exists in the nsm universe.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the wigged out swamp folk meth head version of connors was considerably smarter and more careful than any other version of connors until the end of the arc. i don't see how going off to smoke meth with bruce banner could have any possible good outcome. florida likely no longer exists in the nsm universe.

EXTRA: FLORIDA MAN DEFEATS THE HULK, A THE LIZARD

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Colleen: "Yeah we found out Golden Claw and Kingpin are working together."

Iron Fist: "Who the gently caress is Golden Claw?"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Zeeman posted:

are you honestly surprised that netflix iron fist's brain no work good?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Gotta say, I really like the departure from the standard panel layout.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I made a joke about Kingpin being way too obvious in his statements regarding crimes, and Peter had to go and outdo him barely a panel later.

I guess compared to Newspaper Spiderman even a Kingpin that openly admits to crimes is a genius criminal.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

'Phew, my secret is safe' he thought as he burned to death

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

Pete is about to let that building burn down to protect his secret identity, only to reveal it later, isn't he?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Bean Inferno sounds like a cool dish.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Zeeman posted:

I just realized: Colleen is Danny's MJ, the brains to the brawl. He gets the punching done - badly - and she takes care of everything else.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

I like how they apparently used ropes for Peter but threw chains on Colleen.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

I like how they apparently used ropes for Peter but threw chains on Colleen.

She's probably several orders of magnitude more dangerous than NSM.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Enough time between panels in this one for the thug to shave his pompadour

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Synthbuttrange posted:

meanwhile across the street

"911 there's some men across the street they have two people tied upand are talking about setting a building on fire. I think one of the hostages is Spiderman, he was talking out loud about having spider strength."

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

joehonkie posted:

She's probably several orders of magnitude more dangerous than NSM.

Right? They took one look at Peter and realized he looks like easy prey, and he's probably got low evasion and defense.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

David D. Davidson posted:

meanwhile across the street

"911 there's some men across the street they have two people tied upand are talking about setting a building on fire. I think one of the hostages is Spiderman, he was talking out loud about having spider strength."

Cops: Tell Peter we'll be there soon :sigh:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Ronald Reagan, arsonist.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Cops: Tell Peter we'll be there soon :sigh:

The cops try so hard for Peter. They really want him to be a real superhero some day, if only in his mind.

It is the least they can do for someone who has suffered that many blows to the head.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Payndz posted:

Ronald Reagan, arsonist.

His toupee fell off between panels.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I love the first panel and it is the most plausible thing in the Newspaper Misadventures of Peter Parker.

Random van with garish paint job smoking the tires on Mott Street? That's normal.

Group of people getting food at some takeaway place on the corner, no matter the time of night? Very normal.

Hipster douchebag in the lower left corner that seems to be using a blue poo pile vape rig? Yeah, it's Tuesday.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Parker Creep, the hero of the comic

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

yet more proof (as if we needed it) that Spider-Sense does not work when blunt objects are involved

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That's weird, these hit and run victims both had their hands bound. Oh well.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh my god he threw a crowbar at his foot. Ankle. Shin. Whatever.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

:geno:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Synthbuttrange posted:

Parker Creep, the hero of the comic
"Listen, Mac. We specialize in accidents of the fiery kind. You need to call some guys over in the hit-and-run union to come out here and do that."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
If we hit and then run, people will think its a hit and run. The perfect ruse.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

So there's four mooks to guard the two of them, and not one was holding onto Peter, or even standing close enough to catch him before he got far enough away they had to throw something.

They really have his number.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

So there's four mooks to guard the two of them, and not one was holding onto Peter, or even standing close enough to catch him before he got far enough away they had to throw something.

They really have his number.

Everyone know Peter has special needs (too many bricks to the head) so they indulge his hero fantasy role play without putting too much pressure on him.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Panel 3 thug is that guy in your project group who suddenly wants to scrap the plan at the last minute.

Hate that guy

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so i guess kingpin is hiring a lot of asian dudes now that he is occasionally asian himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

gently caress I should have spoken up earlier because as soon as they were getting out of the van I thought "why doesn't he just run away and come back as Spider-Man." In the comics he once let himself fall out of a window and then he showed up as Spider-Man soon after going "oh yeah, Peter? He's fine. He was falling to his death but I caught him."