Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

GutBomb posted:

Does automobilista have the ramps and poo poo for stadium super truck races?

gently caress yeah it does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Does it support VR and if so how sick does it make you?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It does not support VR. And probably never will until they make the next game.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Maybe the stadium trucks are gonna be part of their Best-Of-Automobilista DLC for rFactor2, then you can enjoy them in VR.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Everyone get the formula truck dlc for AMS ok bye

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

GhostDog posted:

Maybe the stadium trucks are gonna be part of their Best-Of-Automobilista DLC for rFactor2, then you can enjoy them in VR.

I think that DLC is going to be the AJR, MCR2000 and Formula Vee, unless there's other cars they haven't mentioned yet.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

njsykora posted:

I think that DLC is going to be the AJR, MCR2000 and Formula Vee, unless there's other cars they haven't mentioned yet.

"Four cars and two tracks" according to the latest roadmap.

Also RF2 released Sebring as their first paid laser scan track, and it is amazing. If you own RF2 try the GT3 or GTE cars which have the latest tire model. I usually get bored with new content quickly
but I can't stay away from those combos.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The 2 tracks are Guapore and Ibarra, that much they confirmed through the screenshots. So not impossible for a 4th car to be the FTrucks since Guapore is that series' signature track, but also I don't know what the licence situation with Formula Truck is since the series finally died last year with only 7 entries. Personally I'd hope for the Formula 3s since junior open wheelers are pretty underrepresented in rF2 outside the old USF2000 car.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I think I asked a question about fuel and race length last time I was in here with f1 2017. I rented it again with gamefly because I wanted to try it again with a wheel.

I don't remember having the safety car on my first time I played but I turned it on and God drat is it bugged? It's telling me to pass players and then telling me to give the position back. Should I just leave it off?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

InevitableCheese posted:

Humble Bundle’s Sports Bundle has F1 2017, Motorsport Manager, DiRT Rally, and Grid 2 (meh) for a low price.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/sports-bundle

It also has Sega Bass Fishing, a wonderful game where hooking a large enough fish triggers Mega Man X music.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

zooted heh posted:

I think I asked a question about fuel and race length last time I was in here with f1 2017. I rented it again with gamefly because I wanted to try it again with a wheel.

I don't remember having the safety car on my first time I played but I turned it on and God drat is it bugged? It's telling me to pass players and then telling me to give the position back. Should I just leave it off?

IDK what to say, works for me

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Shine posted:

It also has Sega Bass Fishing, a wonderful game where hooking a large enough fish triggers Mega Man X music.

gently caress, I just put my PS2 fishing controller in a box to take to the storage unit.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

zooted heh posted:

It can absolutely bug out, but in 2 seasons of F12016 and one of 2017 it happened twice, which is apparently a lot.
I'd leave them on.

If you have re-wind enabled you can back through to before it said anything and it shouldn't do it again.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Mother fucker.. my t300rs died... Again... I'm not buying a loving base again.

Going to try replacing the PSU with a laptop one, like is all the kids are doing these days apparently with the tx and rs bases as this is a problem.

I really don't want to get into a new system I've got the t3pa pro pedals and the th8a shifter, but at this point I could have bought a fanatec csl elite especially if you this base is actually dead. $400 for wheel package.. $250 for base #2. This is dumb.

Is fanatec reliable? Maybe after the first of the year I'll treat myself to a csl setup with load cell pedals.

Edit:some words

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 15, 2018

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

that sucks, sorry :(

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thats crazy, do you unplug it from USB when you're not using it? Someone in the GT Sport thread had a T300 keep dying and they chased the problem down to static discharge that was mitigated by just unplugging the USB when they were done.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I went through two of them from static discharge, and my solution was to put a ground wire from my rig chassis at the pedals into the ground plug of my wall outlet. Haven't had any problems since. All of them did the same thing -- they'd randomly reset themselves, and eventually the base unit would stop picking up the brake and gas pedals entirely and only about half the clutch travel. One lasted a month, and the other lasted four hours. The third one has been fine so far after 3 months.

Now I unplug the power when I'm not using it just to be safe, but I keep everything plugged into a USB switch so I can swap between PC and PS4 quickly.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

There it is! I knew I wasnt crazy, just slightly incorrect :ms:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I unplug my whole rig when I'm not using it, but drat that super sucks

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

It doesn't stay plugged into my rig.. when I'm done racing I unplug and pack it up. And put it in a closet.. it doesn't stay connected. It plugs into a USB hub that goes Into my front usb port.

It didn't slowly die. I plugged it in. It did it's spin around initialize.. opened up f1 2017 and I ended up driving straight into a wall because nothing was getting picked up. No light next to mode, the fan isn't running (it's set to eun always).

If rewiring a laptop PSU to I doesn't fix it I'm done with TM as a whole.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

well poo poo.. different power supply didnt' fix it..

Guess I'll go with a CSL elite and grab a USB adapter for my T3PA pro pedals.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Is there no warranty? That super sucks.

IDK Fanatec is weird and can be expensive, although my like 7 year old Porsche GT2 wheel still works perfectly, and my new clubsport is a dream.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Is there no warranty? That super sucks.

IDK Fanatec is weird and can be expensive, although my like 7 year old Porsche GT2 wheel still works perfectly, and my new clubsport is a dream.

First base died about 18 months from purchase, second one died in just about the same timeframe.

Fanatec can be expensive but I want a belt drive.. Thrustmaster is out I won't touch their poo poo ever again.. and Logitech is gear driven IIRC.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Just go full industrial servo with the "Oh poo poo, it ripped my arms off" safety stop button.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

tater_salad posted:

First base died about 18 months from purchase, second one died in just about the same timeframe.

Fanatec can be expensive but I want a belt drive.. Thrustmaster is out I won't touch their poo poo ever again.. and Logitech is gear driven IIRC.

the warranty is 24 months

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

ethanol posted:

the warranty is 24 months

Indeed it is.. I just looked up my amazon purchases.. My first wheel died about 2 months to end of warranty, so I guess I hosed myself there by tossing it. I bough the base that just died from amazon warehouse deals.. I may have been able to warranty that but since I already opened it up and tried to replace PSU I'm going to assume that 1. not purchased new and 2. opened up I've got no warranty.

I can either
1. buy a fanatec for $100 more than a new TM base.. and have it actually work
2. I can buy another base and hope it lasts either under 2 years, or lasts me 7-10 years

Based on the # of "this thing died" reviews on amazon.. and talk of them dying from static etc.. I'll just save up for a month or two and pull the trigger on a fanatec.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You could have bought a DD wheel with the amount you've spend on dead ones now

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Norns posted:

You could have bought a DD wheel with the amount you've spend on dead ones now

Riiiight.. which is why I'm not putting any more money into ThrustMaster, I'm going to get myself a fanatec and a USB adapter for my T3PA Pro's and call it a day. it's about $150 more than it would cost me to get another TM base.. so Migth as well upgrade to the good poo poo.. Maybe in a few weeks.. this paycheck is bills paycheck.. and I juust moved 2 months ago so my discretionary budget is down the shitter with all the costs and random small poo poo I've gotten for the apartment.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have zero evidence to say that thrustmaster is or is not better than any other brand, but you do see reports of Fanatec stuff dying on /r/simracing and the like, so if you do have an environmental issue, it may rear its head again.

If you just got unlucky with Thrustmaster then, enjoy!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I see equal parts of people cursing both Fanatec and Thrustmaster. One thing Fanatec has going for it is that it seems to be a stable business. There's been 1 or 2 times where Thrustmaster just completely disappears off the internet because whatever company owns them gets tired of owning them for a day.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
My csw v2 has lasted about 3 years

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I have zero evidence to say that thrustmaster is or is not better than any other brand, but you do see reports of Fanatec stuff dying on /r/simracing and the like, so if you do have an environmental issue, it may rear its head again.

If you just got unlucky with Thrustmaster then, enjoy!

I dunno if I'd call it environmental issues.. One died at one house, one died at another.
If you search for "Fanatec dead" vs "T300RS dead" I see issues up to and includeing one guy that had 4 DOA ones. There shouldnt' be 20 replies of thanks to dead power supply replacement of thanks. Maybe I've just had poo poo luck.. but I"m tired of having that poo poo luck wiht a $400 product.

edit: there's also a massive number of replies on youtube videos about T500 and T300's dying.. My PSU from my laptop might be a little underpowered but I"m not going to toss 40 bucks at another power supply fixing it, i'm not even getting a red light on when I wired it up earlier today.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Aug 17, 2018

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I want to run a private racing server for goons. I've asked before but nobody was interested really.

What would get the most use, AC ? Project ars 2 ?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
In case there's anyone here who doesn't read the iRacing thread: new Gooncar season!

Vando posted:

SUNDAY

SUNDAY

SUNDAY

2130 BST (2030UTC)

Lotus. 7. 9.

:siren: Iowa :siren:

Heat races! Solo qual! Sprint race 20laps! Feature reverse grid 40laps! Fixed setup! Show the heck up and :getin:

Prelim race before a new championship season, going to follow the same idea with circuits (free/ovals/not used in official series much) as we previously did with the Skip, only this time in the Lotus 79. Trying to mix things up a bit with the heats and reverse grids, probably not going to matter much for this race as it's an oval but the reverse grid Mazda races at the end of last season were fun.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

jonathan posted:

I want to run a private racing server for goons. I've asked before but nobody was interested really.

What would get the most use, AC ? Project ars 2 ?

I’m pretty sure the software that has the highest ownership in this thread is AC. You’d probably get the most response on that.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I can't wait to get my sim rig set up again :allears:

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just put a few touristfarhten laps at the ring with my vr/sim rig.

The server had no autoclutch rule. Which sucked because my DFGT wheel doesn't have a clutch, and neutral dropping the 787B makes it easy to stall.

Can anyone tell me which settings allow me to do supersample AA or whatever it's called ? Even with my Lenovo headset I get a lot of shimmering and aliasing. Not sure if I should be using the supersample slider within AssettoCorsa or if there is another setting somewhere. The slider in AC doesn't seem to do anything.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

jonathan posted:

Just put a few touristfarhten laps at the ring with my vr/sim rig.

The server had no autoclutch rule. Which sucked because my DFGT wheel doesn't have a clutch, and neutral dropping the 787B makes it easy to stall.

Can anyone tell me which settings allow me to do supersample AA or whatever it's called ? Even with my Lenovo headset I get a lot of shimmering and aliasing. Not sure if I should be using the supersample slider within AssettoCorsa or if there is another setting somewhere. The slider in AC doesn't seem to do anything.

Are you running it via SteamVR?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tuo posted:

Are you running it via SteamVR?

Yes. But I solved it myself after posting that. Apparently steamvr now has settings for SS AA in the menu. I have a job coming up that has to be done at night so I stayed up late researching the issue trying to get ready for graveyards.

Edit: but I still woke up at 7am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

jonathan posted:

Yes. But I solved it myself after posting that. Apparently steamvr now has settings for SS AA in the menu. I have a job coming up that has to be done at night so I stayed up late researching the issue trying to get ready for graveyards.

Edit: but I still woke up at 7am

Exactly, wanted to post that. That option though jumped around the SteamVR ui, so I had to bring the UI up myself to check where it is now. Good thing: I just noticed you can now set SS AA per game :)