Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Smirking_Serpent posted:

games that desperately need a Majima Everywhere system:

+ Horizon: Zero Dawn
+ God of War
+ NieR: Automata
+ Tomb Raider
+ Yakuza 0
+ Doom
+ Trackmania Turbo
+ Everybody's Golf
+ Life is Strange
+ Bloodborne

Agree except Everybody's Golf (replace "Majima" with "Mr. Libido")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Would Yakuza 0 have a paired “Kiryu everywhere” mode or would it just be like... time travel?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
:siren: Shenmue is live :siren:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

:siren: Shenmue is live :siren:

Still waiting for the PC release to go live. :/ But holy poo poo, Shenmue 1 & 2 can finally be played on platforms that people actually own for the first time in its history.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Can’t wait to relive my childhood of wasting my parents money on video games by playing a video game of someone wasting his parents money on video games.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Amazing in-between-PS1-PS2 graphics! 22khz 8 bit audio sampling!

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I, uhhh :yikes:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Still waiting for the PC release to go live. :/ But holy poo poo, Shenmue 1 & 2 can finally be played on platforms that people actually own for the first time in its history.

But not on the Switch where it would be perfect :negative:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y-Sqv3-rjw

Ace Combat 7 - 1/17/2019

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Aug 21, 2018

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hollow Knight coming to PS4

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/exclusive-hollow-knight-deaths-gambit-physical-editions-1202909029/

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Highly unlikely, seeing as how Nergigante is already one of the most irritable monsters in the game. Nergigante with Nerpequeña in tow... best of luck to you.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Dead By Daylight is great fun as long as a couple of you are using voice chat to coordinate against the serial killer

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
SHENMUE 3 WILL FINALLY RELEASE AUGUST 27TH 2019.

Im at work, someone post the new trailer holyshit

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

games that desperately need a Majima Everywhere system:

+ Horizon: Zero Dawn
+ God of War
+ NieR: Automata
+ Tomb Raider
+ Yakuza 0
+ Doom
+ Trackmania Turbo
+ Everybody's Golf
+ Life is Strange
+ Bloodborne

+Detroit: Become Human

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Doctor Zero posted:

+Detroit: Become Human

Kara even already has a small child to protect, its perfect

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The first couple hours of God of War really fly by when you have a full complement of NG+ items and abilities. The opening boss that seemed totally epic at the time Kratos just chunks down to zero in like 30 seconds per life bar.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Vikar Jerome posted:

SHENMUE 3 WILL FINALLY RELEASE AUGUST 27TH 2019.

Im at work, someone post the new trailer holyshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH8vC-ygI5U

Looks like PS3 graphics, pretty good for a kickstarter project!

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Man God of War is almost a different game playing with headphones on in the dark.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

CrRoMa posted:

Man God of War is almost a different game playing with headphones on in the dark.
I don’t play video games any other way anymore.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don’t play video games any other way anymore.

The dark rooms very much a time and mood kinda thing for me but this is the first I've really used headphones with my ps4. The little sound effects you pick up on are impressive.

Heres to ruining our eyes and ears

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

CrRoMa posted:

The dark rooms very much a time and mood kinda thing for me but this is the first I've really used headphones with my ps4. The little sound effects you pick up on are impressive.

Heres to ruining our eyes and ears
The controller headphone output can’t go high enough to damage your hearing I think. I’m using a headphone amp though...

Edit: the SoundblasterX G6 that just came out which is kind of awesome.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Ah the one complaint I'd have is the audio is about 85% as loud as I'd like, I'm using headphones plugged into the usb port though so don't know if that makes a difference. No idea that you could even use an amp for that purpose.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Holy poo poo finally a release date.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nOQ8kso6RQ

Next game from the makers of Until Dawn. According to the website: "The Dark Pictures Anthology - a series of intense, standalone cinematic horror games. The first game is Man of Medan coming to PS4, Xbox and PC in 2019. Don’t. Play. Alone."

Hells yeah, super pumped!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

CrRoMa posted:

Ah the one complaint I'd have is the audio is about 85% as loud as I'd like, I'm using headphones plugged into the usb port though so don't know if that makes a difference. No idea that you could even use an amp for that purpose.

Are you deaf?

Geez, I never use headphones at more than like 80%, usually around 60%. Do you use crappy little earbuds where they don't block out ambient noise at all, or something? That can't be good for your hearing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I dunno what “plugged into the USB port” means in this case but there are a few ways to do that that will result in a really low max volume.

I’ve spent waaaaaay too much time messing around with headphones and the PS4, given that the headphone port in the controller is just fine 90% of the time.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I'm using a pair of over the ear headphones plugged into the ps4 usb slot and at maximum volume is good its just not quite there.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

CrRoMa posted:

I'm using a pair of over the ear headphones plugged into the ps4 usb slot and at maximum volume is good its just not quite there.
Yeah but what does that mean? Headphones don’t inherently have a USB cable. Do you mean a gaming headset or something?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

AngelesXO posted:

Next game from the makers of Until Dawn. According to the website: "The Dark Pictures Anthology - a series of intense, standalone cinematic horror games. The first game is Man of Medan coming to PS4, Xbox and PC in 2019. Don’t. Play. Alone."

Looks great! My wife loves Until Dawn and she wants me to get Detroit because is the kind of game she'd play with me. Man of Medan leaning straight into horror is drat cool.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

gently caress yeah now here's hoping they re-release AC5 and AC0 for PS4

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah but what does that mean? Headphones don’t inherently have a USB cable. Do you mean a gaming headset or something?

Yeah they were originally bought for pc but they work fine on ps4. To be honest I wouldn't think to differentiate between usb headphones and 3.5mm ones but I'm no audiophile

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

CrRoMa posted:

Yeah they were originally bought for pc but they work fine on ps4. To be honest I wouldn't think to differentiate between usb headphones and 3.5mm ones but I'm no audiophile
Ah okay. I've tried a few cheap USB audio devices meant for the PC on the PS4 and they've all had a really low max volume just on the PS4. Something about how its USB sound interface works makes that happen.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Can't you just adjust the volume thought the PS button menu? Or is that already at max?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea that's an option in the sound/devices tab when you hold the ps button

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AngelesXO posted:

I'm surprised they didn't retcon Until Dawn to be a part of this anthology.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sony probably own some rights to until dawn

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nice. Didn't think it'd be that soon.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

AngelesXO posted:

Good to see Supermassive figured out more people want to see this stuff than VR games and phone games! Looks great.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

HELP :siren: :siren: :siren:

https://twitter.com/DMC5Info/status/1031861749828530176?s=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmZdyeCRgus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Good to see Supermassive figured out more people want to see this stuff than VR games and phone games! Looks great.

I'm hoping it's good, Hidden Agenda was SUCH a letdown after how good Until Dawn was. This new one still looks a bit low-budget, especially when you have something like Detroit coming out that's kinda in the same genre but looking a million times better.