Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Turns out it was easy to find.

Article: Sagamore Restaurant Subject Of Social Media Firestorm
Date: August 17, 2018

Sagamore Beach BBQ, Bourne, MA.

please do not patronize this business

Accretionist has issued a correction as of 22:03 on Aug 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Rutibex posted:

I like how a 15 year old kid is more mature than he presumably adult boss restaurant owner. after being told to gently caress off he just says "ok thanks for having me, have a good life"

small business owners are the worst
His excuse was that he had been working long hours, wasn't eating right and a couple of drinks he had hit him quicker than expected.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

I love the responses that just seem to be trying to wind him up more

"gently caress you"

"Ok well nice to meet you :)"

"NO gently caress YOU GOD DAMMIT"

"thanks, say hello to the wife for me :)"

"*vein pops with apopleptic rage*"

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Sestze posted:

His excuse was that he had been working long hours, wasn't eating right and a couple of drinks he had hit him quicker than expected.

Oh ok that is surely a unique situation that nobody ever deals with every loving day

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Owns a restaurant but can't eat properly

Yes I will definitely visit this restaurant.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sestze posted:

if that were actually the case he would have apologized when he sobered up, before social media mobs took a chunk out of his business. he's actually just a typical poo poo head tin pot dictator small business owner, and that's how he treats his employees all the time

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

The entire staff was going to walk out over it so now there is a new owner.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

ate all the Oreos posted:

Here's an older one but I've seen a more recent one that was a little better but noooot much:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.59019ee3b343

I like how it's mostly a normal curve except a bunch of people think we spend most of our budget on foreign aid for some reason

e: For anyone who doesn't know the actual number is less than one percent

I'd really like to see one of these done in Canada asking what percentage of government money goes to First Nations people, because I know a whack of poor, white trash Boomers who think that "The Natives" are pulling in that sweet tax money

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Accretionist posted:

Wow I've been by this place before and never went in. Glad I didn't.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fumaofthelake posted:

The entire staff was going to walk out over it so now there is a new owner.

Lol he sold out? That was the ace hardware I think.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Sestze posted:

quote:

Public reaction was split between people who felt the damage had already been done and they would never again eat at the restaurant, and those who felt the apology was sincere and that everyone should move on.

Hmm no big boots to lick today, I guess these will do

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Whooping Crabs posted:

Screw yelp I use google reviews which aren't censored and will show up on google's resuts list before stupid loving yelp

Google reviews are how you really gently caress a business up, btw. If anyone ever pisses you off.

A whole lot more people see the Google reviews than the Yelp reviews.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Eh gently caress it, about time I made the Nice Country Good Job thread in c spam I'd always dreamed about. Please join me if you need more sadlols.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Most owners who chronically employ teenagers in a normal type of business are douchebags. They're just looking for people they can underpay but still demand adult performance from, and who aren't as likely to stand up for themselves.

It's one thing if it's a basic seasonal job like paying a kid to help work the christmas tree lot or something. But this guy apparently runs a beachfront BBQ joint and just has a bunch of teens running around? lol what an rear end in a top hat.

Meme Poker Party has issued a correction as of 22:58 on Aug 20, 2018

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Calico Heart posted:

Eh gently caress it, about time I made the Nice Country Good Job thread in c spam I'd always dreamed about. Please join me if you need more sadlols.

I get more than enough depression from this thread ty

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Accretionist posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lol he posted his picture on the google review page too. I hope everyone hates him in his town now.

Also trip advisor:
Message from TripAdvisor: Due to a recent event that has attracted media attention and has caused an influx of review submissions that do not describe a first-hand experience, we have temporarily suspended publishing new reviews for this listing. If you’ve had a firsthand experience at this property, please check back soon - we’re looking forward to receiving your review!

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I know I've found quite the hoppin' place if I see that message while looking for somewhere to eat

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i need to know the tumblr quote on the bottom right

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Stexils posted:

i need to know the tumblr quote on the bottom right

New Vegas posted:

Rose of Sharon Cassidy: "I'm not some blind, flag-saluting do-as-they-will NCR lover. They're family, but let me tell you what family means. You ever had a brother? Some dumbass younger brother, say, who knocked up the pastor's daughter, can't hold a job, and his home-away is a jail cell? That's NCR. Their compass is spinning, all the time."
The Courier: "So they lack direction?"
Rose of Sharon Cassidy: "They try to put their stake in everything they see. Nobody's dick's that long, not even Long Dick Johnson, and he had a loving long dick. Thus, the name."

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
There's no money. There's no possessions. Only obsession. I don't need that poo poo. Take my money. Take my obsession.

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Know a girl who unironically got this tattooed in huge letters on her body.
Never played New Vegas Either :colbert:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Zil posted:

No lies I saw someone drive theirs from the beach to a nearby store, load it up with beer and drive back to the beach.

If I'd known you were a goon I would have invited you over

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sentinel posted:

Know a girl who unironically got this tattooed in huge letters on her body.
Never played New Vegas Either :colbert:

lmao

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/aetiology/status/1031680179536449536

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I don't remember that specific quote, I assume it's from the DLC about mormonism? I played that but wasn't really paying attention to the bandaid guy because the landscape was real pretty.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SplitSoul posted:

"Döner Murders". You know, because immigrants sell kebabs and are routinely shot execution-style with suppressors for no reason, must be the gangs.

So it’s like if dozens of black men turned up dead and cops called it the “Fried Chicken Murders”.

comedyblissoption posted:

Also keep in mind that "At-will employment" is the default policy in all 50 states.

The only time you can't be practically fired for any reason in all 50 states is if you have a labor contract stating otherwise and tiny exceptions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-will_employment

Typically when you're fired it's immediate. However when you are quitting, it's customary to give 2 weeks notice like a good little Obedient Worker.

:wrong:

Montana is not at‐will, nor is Puerto Rico.

Every other state is, as is the District.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

g0lbez posted:

Oh ok that is surely a unique situation that nobody ever deals with every loving day
i agree, he's probably a piece of poo poo and was digging for whatever would make him look a bit better afterwards.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

I don't remember that specific quote, I assume it's from the DLC about mormonism? I played that but wasn't really paying attention to the bandaid guy because the landscape was real pretty.

Yep, it was from the guy who was covered in pitch, set on fire, and tossed into the Grand Canyon.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
That’s a good messiah

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Platystemon posted:

So it’s like if dozens of black men turned up dead and cops called it the “Fried Chicken Murders”.

Slightly less racist. Doener is what Germans call kebap and most of the murders happened to workers in kebap shops. Also, police used completely made up bullshit to convince a widow that her murdered husband had and affair so she would flip on him. They wanted to get inside information on the violent kebap gang scene from her.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Man, kebab is so good

It's madness that you americans, known for shoveling any drat poo poo down your gullets, have not embraced it more

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Slightly less racist. Doener is what Germans call kebap and most of the murders happened to workers in kebap shops. Also, police used completely made up bullshit to convince a widow that her murdered husband had and affair so she would flip on him. They wanted to get inside information on the violent kebap gang scene from her.

Actually, I checked Wikipedia, and most of the victims worked in greengrocers. Only a couple were kebab vendors. So, yeah, racism is a slightly greater probability.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97mS1SgI73k
it's pretty much about capitalism

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
hey communists itt

:smug:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

DrPossum posted:

hey communists itt

:smug:

One of the weirdest things to me about the soviet union is that it still had commercials, but the commercials were for concepts or entire product categories rather than brands. Like "Buy some oranges why don't you!" or "Hey coffee exists!" or that one famous one for chicken that's just a bunch of fast cuts between live chickens and a meat grinder.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

One of the weirdest things to me about the soviet union is that it still had commercials, but the commercials were for concepts or entire product categories rather than brands. Like "Buy some oranges why don't you!" or "Hey coffee exists!" or that one famous one for chicken that's just a bunch of fast cuts between live chickens and a meat grinder.

That's basically PSAs though. "Brush your teeth", "Get a flu jab" etc.

I imagine there's a reason for every one - health (oranges), productivity (coffee), maybe even just propaganda (that could be the coffee one too - "see we have this product too, it's not just the capitalists")

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i used to work for a company that had the "ten commandments of customer service" that you had to perform for each customer

each commandment had about 10+ subheadings to consider that commandment performed

our company would get mystery shoppers that would routinely assess if we were giving the roughly hundred steps to each willing customer, and at the end of my tenure i was thinking

"Oh. I realize now. They have these steps not to make us good at helping customers, but to give them an excuse to fire us if we forget to foist our overpriced subscription magazine on someone."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...14079b60cfad91e

remember that time the ambassador from america used his diplomatic influence to try and tell a country to stop stealing from your precious corporations