Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be the Mod?
This poll is closed.
Anidav 14 0.14%
Dr Spaceman 2 0.02%
JBP 12 0.12%
bell jar 1 0.01%
GoldStandardConure 7 0.07%
Joseph Stalin 10016 99.64%
Total: 10052 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Solemn Sloth posted:

This is amazing

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The idea that the conservatives think before acting is a bit of a stretch

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Don Dongington posted:

The Liberal party needs to just split already. I'm serious.

Conservatives will accept no compromises in a post-trump world, and folks to their social left like Pyne, Turnbull, Bishop are going to start getting pushed out.

Of course the electorate will hammer the conservatives at the polls for focusing on their bullshit culture war and doing nothing to fix structural inequality, but that's democracy.
It won't happen, it's best to think of the moderates and conservatives as being a really old, bitter married couple who won't ever divorce, but can't stand each other.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I hate

the way

that Paul Murray

on Sky news talks

Always pausing for

emphasis

and he's

so fat

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
https://twitter.com/ellinghausen/status/1031854291693125632

existential anger
Jun 4, 2012

Anidav posted:

I think the conservative faction thinks some sort of Trump like upset will happen if Dutton is PM. Aka spilling a fascist into power in order to own the Lefties

That's definitely what they think but I also think Trump is a pretty unique candidate in that no one is as shameless as him.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
7 ministers have resigned.

4 Nats have said they will sit on the crossbench if President Trumball is overturned.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Aug 21, 2018

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Laybah chaos

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Comstar posted:

4 Nats have said they will sit on the crossbench if President Trumball is overturned.

source?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

There's going to have to be an election called soon, right? I can't see Turnbull or Dutton getting anything passed under the current conditions.

How do the independents feel about a Prime Minister Dutton?

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

In an amazing display of bipartisanship Tony Abbott has proven his dedication to sabotaging the Australian government no matter what party is in power.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

I can't see Turnbull or Dutton getting anything passed under the current conditions.

Like that even matters

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

#auspol, in general. Example:

https://twitter.com/vanOnselenP/status/1031840827515928576

https://twitter.com/QuentinDempster/status/1031838618304765952

https://twitter.com/albericie/status/1031855731593506816

Comstar fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Aug 21, 2018

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

There's going to have to be an election called soon, right? I can't see Turnbull or Dutton getting anything passed under the current conditions.

They would be annihilated.

Good.

existential anger
Jun 4, 2012

Moon Atari posted:

In an amazing display of bipartisanship Tony Abbott has proven his dedication to sabotaging the Australian government no matter what party is in power.

You have to admire a man who is dexterous enough to scalp himself.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Why’re the Nats threatening to cross the floor if Turnbull goes?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

BBJoey posted:

Why’re the Nats threatening to cross the floor if Turnbull goes?

they think Dutton will be no good for NSW/VIC.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Shorten is going to O'Farrell his way into leadership by just running dead against a disaster. Abbott may as well be Eddie Obeid at this point and Dutton Kristine Kenneally.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:irony:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Don Dongington posted:

Remember a few years back when Turnbull pulled Morrison off the immigration portfolio, with the aim of setting him up as a new deputy/right hand man/successor, and then no matter how much the media tried, they couldn't overcome the fact that he's about as likeable as a wet Coles bag?

I remember something in Women's Weekly/New Idea/One of those that was a complete puff piece on Morrison and his family, buffing him up as a lovely, Christian man.

Guess who I saw on the front cover of Women's Weekly at the shops? J Bish

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What's going to be hotter on ABC News Breakfast tomorrow morning? The leadership speculation or the sexual tension between Michael and Virginia?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
October Election is basically confirmed. I don't think Turnbull is the person to hopelessly wander the halls of parliament house waiting to be executed. I think he'll call an early election and try to put the leather jacket back on then ultimately fail.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

October Election is basically confirmed. I don't think Turnbull is the person to hopelessly wander the halls of parliament house waiting to be executed. I think he'll call an early election and try to put the leather jacket back on then ultimately fail.

lol that's gonna really piss off the Vic state Libs. God I hope they go through with that idea.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Hey look, it's popular gimmick poster I would blow Dane Cook

Asking for a source,

:ironicat:

Edit: this will turnout to be the most massive self own by the marginal seat back benchers in the history of Liberal self owns

A rich history

Don Dongington fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Aug 21, 2018

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Can the Liberals even afford to call an election? Didn’t Turnbull put in over $1M of his own money last time?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
What was Tones framed front page? Wasn't it something cringy as gently caress?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Zenithe posted:

What was Tones framed front page? Wasn't it something cringy as gently caress?

An Andrew Bolt column about how "Tony's the real deal".

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So lets say the punters are right on all counts here:

Second spill happens, Dutton wins, Calls early election, loses, Still gets voted Opposition Leader.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm talking about this on a discord, and I honestly think that

these guys think they've won, that they're taking back control of the liberal party from the "moderates" and they don't see that that they're utterly loving destroying their party for a generation.

They won't get any more donors, turnbull's been pulling them along on his own money, and if they kick him to the kerb he's not gonna hang about to help them.

This is not a bad thing for people watching along at home / eating popcorn - this has been the best day for me in quite some time for entertainment, but I'm still sitting here thinking "they cannot be this stupid, can they?"

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!
HAH TURNBULL ISN'T ACCEPTING MINISTER RESIGNATIONS

suck poo poo concetta

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

:cop: + :catholic: + :bahgawd: = :auspol:

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

CrazyTolradi posted:

It won't happen, it's best to think of the moderates and conservatives as being a really old, bitter married couple who won't ever divorce, but can't stand each other.

It goddamn is happening.

If Team Dutton wins, the Federal coalition will fracture .

It will be back before the next election, but it will disintegrate for long enough to nuke the 45th Parliament and give labor a huge win.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

I objected to this joke because Bleeding Gums Murphy rules.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Lid posted:

Shorten is going to O'Farrell his way into leadership by just running dead against a disaster. Abbott may as well be Eddie Obeid at this point and Dutton Kristine Kenneally.

this is an insult to the obeids, who executed their corrupt plans in a competent fashion

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
If this is their gillard -> rudd moment, does that mean after this an empty suit will come out of the background, consolidate the party, change the regs to prevent the conservatives from knifing each other all the time, and then slow-and-steady his way to a 3 term desolation?

Oh wait, this happened before didn't it.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
October election would be glorious. Please make it so.

Bloodbath fed election and landslide vic election

edit: proclick
https://www.facebook.com/alpspicymemes/videos/vb.708396762596563/2133419610063712/?type=2&theater

drunkill fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Aug 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
https://twitter.com/samanthamaiden/status/1031842469808197632

• Locked thread