Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I'll take a couple BBC shot, edited and scored Chris Harris On Cars a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
https://twitter.com/thegrandtour/status/1009074250756608000

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Jeremy is sooo oooold

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Jonny Nox posted:

Jeremy is sooo oooold

He's only 58! Seems to be a somewhat rough 58 though, IMHO.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

BitBasher posted:

He's only 58! Seems to be a somewhat rough 58 though, IMHO.

He's only four years older than me!? :wtf: I couldn't look that ragged if I tried.

busysignal
Nov 28, 2013
A poor diet and a smoking habit will certainly make you look older than you are.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Goddamn, my dad is 10 years older and looks half as hosed up lol

IMO that's some serious alcoholic bloat right there.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Fragmaster got faaaat.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

sean10mm posted:

I think LeBlanc was the new guy who most fully understood what made people want to watch Clarkson-era Top Gear in the first place. His main problem was that the writers sometimes seemed to slip into writing his stuff as if he wasn't in fact an American.

Not sure where they even go from here that makes anybody give a poo poo?

If not for anything else, it will probably become one of those publicly funded system zombie shows, where it just keeps on going forever on a shoestring budget because the IPR and public recognition of the brand is worth more than just canning it and selling forwards. Especially as long as the Grand Tour is made, because Amazon Prime buying and handing it back to Clarkson team would be the ultimate humiliation for the BBC.

Because they once were able to reinvent the show with then-new talent of Clarkson-era guys and made it a big cash cow, they just sit on the franchise and try out new talent until something stick to the wall.

EDIT: Also because the brand is huge, and the show itself is relatively cheap to produce, if they want to penny pinch until something promising surfaces. The high-end cars are loaners, no costumes or real sets are needed besides one studio, and the show itself is basically a talk show with funny bits taking the majority of air time. And you can always buy clunkers at laughably low production costs and do stupid(ly funny) poo poo with those. It really only needs the right mindset to write, and the right chemistry for the hosts, to succeed.

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 1, 2018

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

woops, wrong thread!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

He's only four years older than me!? :wtf: I couldn't look that ragged if I tried.

Smoke for 40 years while drinking like a fish.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Some tourists accidentally tried to repeat the unkillable pickup challenge.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Also Jeremy's rental insurance race. Assuming that I'm understanding what a "hire car" is correctly.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Humphreys posted:

Probably the first show I enjoyed watching Matt in something (wasn't a fan of Friends/Joey)
I enjoyed "Episodes" Which featured Matt LeBlanc playing a caricature of Matt LeBlanc.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc0MGuLQ7GE

Amazon is making a Grand Tour video game

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What would the game even be?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Cojawfee posted:

What would the game even be?

Push square to fall down!

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

Press F to pay respects after Hammond crashes again

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
It's a shame that it looks from the footage to be a straight racing game. I'd love a game where you have to go on some long journey in lovely vehicles that break down, and multiplayer with friends would be interesting. I didn't think the world was clamoring for another mediocre racer.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm expecting nothing more than standard mobile game structure and servicable graphics in a generic racer, just overlaid with voiceovers that may not even be specially recorded.

What it should be is a mix of Burnout, Cruis'n World and Mad Max, where you unlock supercars as well as questionable "vehicle parts" and classic vehicles like Clarkson's Fiat Panda stretch limo or Oliver. You unlock the shittiest vehicles by crashing and having to finish a race in them as the backup car. The caption for when you crash is "Oh cock." But whoops every single thing that would make this game great is from Top Gear

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

They should just buy My Summer Car and re-brand it:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/516750/My_Summer_Car/

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

What it should be is a mix of Burnout, Cruis'n World and Mad Max

Would also accept a Cooking Mama port in which you make pies with James

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

davebo posted:

It's a shame that it looks from the footage to be a straight racing game. I'd love a game where you have to go on some long journey in lovely vehicles that break down, and multiplayer with friends would be interesting. I didn't think the world was clamoring for another mediocre racer.

The Oregon Trail but with budget cars and childish hijinks. I'd pay for this.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I would also settle for just an open world game where you have to get all over the place in a Robin without tipping over. Or with tipping over in the most highest-scoring ways possible.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

Budgie posted:

The Oregon Trail but with budget cars and childish hijinks. I'd pay for this.

"You have died of flaming car"

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

azflyboy posted:

"You have died of flaming car"
BRB, caulking up my Morris Marina Reliant Robin to try to ford a river

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Whatever the game, it should have a minigame where you make poachies on toast.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Top Gear still exists, and has new hosts

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-gear-tv/welcome-your-new-top-gear-presenters

Chris Harris, Paddy McGuinness and Freddie Flintoff.

So Chris Harris and some game show hosts.

inkjet_lakes
Feb 9, 2015
So they've gone all-in for the poo poo LAD approach I see, ugh.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Gee, just let it die already.

tuna
Jul 17, 2003

The most interesting thing about the new presenters is the fact that someone was named "Paddy McGuinness" but isn't Irish.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Rory was good why fire rory.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Powershift posted:

Top Gear still exists, and has new hosts

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-gear-tv/welcome-your-new-top-gear-presenters

Chris Harris, Paddy McGuinness and Freddie Flintoff.

So Chris Harris and some game show hosts.

You mean Chris Harris, someone who is a literal ? and one of the biggest cunts to play cricket, which is a big statement - given cricket is a game where 11 cheating cunts play 11 obnoxious cunts, all the while trying to con the umpire who is a deaf and blind oval office

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

You mean Chris Harris, someone who is a literal ? and one of the biggest cunts to play cricket, which is a big statement - given cricket is a game where 11 cheating cunts play 11 obnoxious cunts, all the while trying to con the umpire who is a deaf and blind oval office

CAT INTERCEPTOR (from 2 years ago) posted:

Chris Harris having the resoruces of the BBC behind him is in all honesty the best thing to happen with Top Gear in... well.... ever? You want to review cars? He's the best at it. Want big lurid powerslides? He's drat good at it. Driving an exotic on country roads? He's right up there.

Sackign Evans and resourcing Harris is a good week

I'm confused as gently caress man:wtc:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

pik_d posted:

I see you're not familiar with the British oval office...

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

pik_d posted:

Chris Harris
Second guy A literal ? Noone has heard of
Third Freddy Flintoff well known cricketer who even for cricket players is a collossal asshat

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Chris Harris
Second guy A literal ? Noone has heard of
Third Freddy Flintoff well known cricketer who even for cricket players is a collossal asshat

This makes more sense

Wasabi the J posted:

I see you're not familiar with the British oval office...

I thought he was describing some other "Chris Harris" after his commas, especially when I looked up other Chris Harris's and found a cricketer among them.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Meanwhile Rutledge Wood is probably sitting at home twiddling his thumbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Rory was good why fire rory.

It's even worse, he's been kept on but only for Extra Gear.

The new season of /DRIVE on NBC Sports which also has Chris Harris premiered last week but nobody has NBC Sports so nobody will watch it until it's available on YouTube to rent maybe.
NBC Sports also premiered some new car show called Proving Grounds which actually sounds interesting since two of the hosts are actual race drivers but again nobody will watch it.