Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

esperterra posted:

I always liked Mike tbh. He blows a whole lotta steam, but he's a big ol softie lmao.

It's funny to see him in the latest season just eating and giving out life advice instead of being in a drug rage and treating women like poo poo.

This reunion season shows how everyone, barring Ronnie, has pretty much grown out of who they were at the start. It's clear that none of them particularly like partying that much. Even Vinny and Pauly, who are still single, don't seem to take to it. Ronnie, shockingly, is just a mess of a man who never quite had a degree of fame that the others did and STILL isn't over Sammie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
The wife got me hooked on Es The Royals, and now it's cancelled. If you haven't watched it yet, it's a scripted drama about a fictional British Royal family staring Elizabeth Hurley

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I read that as "stalking Elizabeth Hurley" and was really intrigued for a minute there.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Next month, season 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwrr6aIWeus

Looks like a solid #2.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh hell yes!!

Also, holy poo poo is BCS great so far this season

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
American Vandal season 2 teaser.

Season 1 was soooo good, I hope this lives upto it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Teek posted:

Next month, season 2:

Looks like a solid #2.

Mister Police I gave you all the clues

Disenchantment ended fairly strongly I thought. If you like the show at all avoid the thread.

zoux fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Aug 21, 2018

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Netflix is going to kill me dropping this and BoJack on the same day THE PREDATOR comes out.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
THERE’S ALREADY A QUASI ARG GOING. https://www.instagram.com/theturdburglar/

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Teek posted:

Next month, season 2:

Looks like a solid #2.

Poop is funny.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Can confirm: poop is funny.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Been laughing at a poop-related story all morning so I third that poop is funny.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Folks, it's gross.

PSA

https://www.netflix.com/donottest

Also I swear to god that for a while Netflix had changed their iOS interface to be more like hulu and prime, with forward/rewind buttons in the middle of the screen but now it's back to normal and I'm left wondering if it was all a dream.

zoux fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Aug 21, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

joebuddah posted:

The wife got me hooked on Es The Royals, and now it's cancelled. If you haven't watched it yet, it's a scripted drama about a fictional British Royal family staring Elizabeth Hurley

That show is primo trash, I should finish it some day.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I enjoyed the first season of Jersey Shore as a bunch of uniquely terrible people on display but I tapped out of season 2 after like one episode because it was obvious that whether due to instructions from the producers in the wake of the show's success or the stars becoming aware of their own fame it was much more structured and artificial. Like there's no way the Snooki of season one would have been making nice news-ready sound bites about federal tax policy affecting her beauty regiment.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Guy Mann posted:

I enjoyed the first season of Jersey Shore as a bunch of uniquely terrible people on display but I tapped out of season 2 after like one episode because it was obvious that whether due to instructions from the producers in the wake of the show's success or the stars becoming aware of their own fame it was much more structured and artificial. Like there's no way the Snooki of season one would have been making nice news-ready sound bites about federal tax policy affecting her beauty regiment.

I don't think Nicole in real life is quite as dumb as Snooki on the show. This kind of becomes an unspoken issue between her and the guy who eventually becomes her husband later on. He seems to flip out over her behaviour a lot, because it's clear she isn't like that at home.

In an argument in the same season Deena pointedly says to Vinny and Pauly D that they're different people when they're all in the house together, meaning they're nicer outside of the show.

It interestingly flirts with things that have happened in between seasons quite a bit. In Season 2 and the reunion it's a source of tension because of what Angelina has been saying in the 'real world'.

On that note, has any reality show acknowledged off season stuff in the same way?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

zoux posted:

Folks, it's gross.

PSA

https://www.netflix.com/donottest

Also I swear to god that for a while Netflix had changed their iOS interface to be more like hulu and prime, with forward/rewind buttons in the middle of the screen but now it's back to normal and I'm left wondering if it was all a dream.

I'd be less upset about it if their PR wasn't trying to spin it as "No they're not ads! They're a helpful discovery tool connecting users with content they'll love faster!"

The dishonesty makes it waay worse.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DrVenkman posted:

I don't think Nicole in real life is quite as dumb as Snooki on the show. This kind of becomes an unspoken issue between her and the guy who eventually becomes her husband later on. He seems to flip out over her behaviour a lot, because it's clear she isn't like that at home.

In an argument in the same season Deena pointedly says to Vinny and Pauly D that they're different people when they're all in the house together, meaning they're nicer outside of the show.

It interestingly flirts with things that have happened in between seasons quite a bit. In Season 2 and the reunion it's a source of tension because of what Angelina has been saying in the 'real world'.

On that note, has any reality show acknowledged off season stuff in the same way?

I worked an event that Pauly "DJed" at. I put DJed in quotes because he opened his laptop, hit play and then walked around hitting on girls all night. He was an rear end in a top hat to the entire staff and slapped if not for his body guards he'd probably have gotten a major rear end kicking.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
All I know about Jersey Shore is that my friend named his Pokemon after them one year

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

I worked an event that Pauly "DJed" at. I put DJed in quotes because he opened his laptop, hit play and then walked around hitting on girls all night. He was an rear end in a top hat to the entire staff and slapped if not for his body guards he'd probably have gotten a major rear end kicking.

Not surprising, Pauly def seems like the biggest rear end in a top hat not named Sammi or Angelina.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
edit: ^^^^ also remember that Situation was already like almost 40 when the show started lmao

drunkill posted:

American Vandal season 2 teaser.

Season 1 was soooo good, I hope this lives upto it

oh my god i'm dying laughing

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

precision posted:

edit: ^^^^ also remember that Situation was already like almost 40 when the show started lmao

Nah, he's younger than me and I'm 39.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rhyno posted:

Nah, he's younger than me and I'm 39.

typo, i meant to type almost 30 when it started, he was 28 in season 1

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think most of the cast was in their early 30s or late 20s in season 1.

precision posted:

typo, i meant to type almost 30 when it started, he was 28 in season 1

yah that sounds about right. Pauly was also 29 I think.

e: vinny at 21 was def the youngest

e2: on ep 4 and lmao I completely forgot they blacked out Snooki getting punched in rebroadcasts

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i could have sworn Snooki wasn't even 21 yet when the show started

you know i really never thought we'd be talking about Jersey Shore in here. lmfao

edit: i lowkey want to make a thread for a rewatch of Real World S1

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

i could have sworn Snooki wasn't even 21 yet when the show started

you know i really never thought we'd be talking about Jersey Shore in here. lmfao

edit: i lowkey want to make a thread for a rewatch of Real World S1

Vinny made such a big deal about how every club cards and he was excited to finally be 21 and going to the shore, so Snooki had to have been a few years older at least b/c she'd been before.

also lol yeah. I'd be down for a Real World rewatch too. Maybe sum Road Rules while we're at it.

e: o they're the same age actually kek

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Real World is a little rough because they didn't secure the music rights so the soundtrack feels very off.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The curse of the MTV rebroadcast

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I remember in the Seattle season one of the guys slapped another room mate really hard on camera and then nothing happened to him. Like aren't the camera guys or whatever going to call the cops at least or file a report? gently caress MTV.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I know virtually nothing about Jersey Shore but I'd heard about the Situation, which sounds like a nickname he gave himself rather than one he got from other people. Which is it?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Wheat Loaf posted:

I know virtually nothing about Jersey Shore but I'd heard about the Situation, which sounds like a nickname he gave himself rather than one he got from other people. Which is it?

It's a nickname for his abs, becuase they're so ripped up he has a situation going on down there.

Almost definitely gave it to himself.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mu Zeta posted:

I remember in the Seattle season one of the guys slapped another room mate really hard on camera and then nothing happened to him. Like aren't the camera guys or whatever going to call the cops at least or file a report? gently caress MTV.

I think the other housemates were pretty pissed at him and he was sort of a pariah after that.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think it's a situation where if the producers can downplay poo poo or the person who was hit doesn't want to press charges, they'll keep the attacker on the show-- esp because it causes more drama.

Reminds me of that time in Big Brother tho where these two people who were all over eachother got way too drunk and the dude was putting a knife against her neck joking about killing her and lmao he was fuckin out of the house like immediately.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If I remember right that girl had been harassing him for weeks prior to the slap and in general pushing off the roommates. He slapped her as she left the house. Like he chased down her cab, opened the door and slapped her. He went waaaaay out of his way to do it. Over being called gay I think.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

esperterra posted:

It's a nickname for his abs, becuase they're so ripped up he has a situation going on down there.

Almost definitely gave it to himself.

See, to me, "the Situation" sounds like an Asher Roth parody character who's a suspect in an episode of SVU.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
They showed the footage to the rest of the cast and they voted on whether to keep Stephen around or evict him. They voted that he could stay if he went to anger management classes. I only remember this because Real World: Seattle was the only season I actually watched.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

They showed the footage to the rest of the cast and they voted on whether to keep Stephen around or evict him. They voted that he could stay if he went to anger management classes. I only remember this because Real World: Seattle was the only season I actually watched.

It's the season Jamie Cheung was on and she's done quite well for herself considering she wasnt an actress.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Jamie Cheung is cool as heck and I didn't even realize she was a Real World/Road Rules almuni, that's dope.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rhyno posted:

The Real World is a little rough because they didn't secure the music rights so the soundtrack feels very off.

Mid 90s MTV must have been a hell of a cool place to work, because one of the Real World seasons, I want to say season 3 or 4 - definitely an early one - used literally the most obscure thing I've ever heard on MTV for an episode (and, not for nothing, also just about the best song I've ever heard played on MTV):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Sh90Po1bA

God that song gives me chills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She's pretty funny, she was on a talk show and said she got hired for Dragonball with like zero experience and was just fumbling through takes hoping to not get fired.
And she's got serious comic book cred now having been on Gotham and the Gifted.